Ron: are you saying...?

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Wiz
Expert

Ron: are you saying...?

Post by Wiz »

Ron,
Fritzski's last posting in the topic where I was bitching about privacy has me intrigued. Are you really claiming to have found the LDM? If so, it would seem that there are only a limited subset of conditions under which you could verify it: it would have to be either an actual mine containing gold which matched the Dutchman's gold, or a cache containing ore that matched. A cache could contain gold from anywhere. Gold processed into ingots wouldn't count (although it would be nice!).

So, are you actually saying that you've found the LDM? I understood you to say you had discovered a cache of processed metal.
Ron
Part Timer

Ron.are you saying?

Post by Ron »

Wiz,

I have found an actual mine that we hope to prove in our excavations this October, to be a Spanish or Mexican mine. It may have processed bullion from the area, but beyond that it was a placer deposit worked by the Spanish. Was it the Dutchman? Time will tell. You are exactly right, in that ore would have to match ore that is known to be Dutchman ore, for it to be the right mine. However, going back to people like Chuck Aylor and Herman Petrasch, if you read what they and alot of old timers claimed , was The Dutchman worked two mines , a lode mine and a placer mine each being one and a half miles from the other. If this is true and I believe it is, than I believe this could be the placer. The other would be the lode mine and would have ore to match. Be that as it may, like I've said before, one will never find a mine unless the geological conditions are right. I would suggest you to re-read my book "Crooked Mountain " , very carefully again.