LDM-BOOKS ON THE SUBJECT

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
MIKE

LDM-BOOKS ON THE SUBJECT

Post by MIKE »

I'VE JUST FINISHED READING"TRAIL OF THE LOST DUTCHMAN"BYE
BARRY STORM.PRINTED IN 1939,IHAD AHARD TIME TO FIND THISBOOK,IFINALLY FOUND IT IN ALIBRARY IN A COLLEGE.THE STORYS ALMOST THE SAME AS "ELY SIMS"BOOK.MR.STORM SAS JACOB WALTZ KILLED HIS PARTNER,WHO REALLY KNOWS?THE SPANISH MINING SYMBOLS,ARE COOL BECAUSE THEY CAN BE SEEN ON THE PEARLTA STONE MAPS,I'M COLLECTING MY DATA AND WILL MAKE A FEW GUESS'S MY SELF.AFTER I PUT IT TOGEATHER.I REALLY ENVY EVERYBODY WHO LIVES OUT THEIR IN AZ.HERE IN IL.NO GREAT LEAGENDS THAT I KNOW OF. MIKE
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

Hi Mike,
There's plenty of LDM legend to go around. Good luck putting the pieces together - you might just be the one to make the critical connection! The only difference between you doing research there in Illinois and us going into the mountains here is that we get to enjoy the scenery in the Superstitions. It's not like any of us has found the mine yet!

If you haven't already read them, check out Tom Glover's books on the LDM, especially volume 1. Robert Sikorsky's book "Quest for the Dutchman's Gold" is also a lot of fun. And of course "Killer Mountains" by Curt Gentry. And finally, join the Superstition Mountain Historical Society to keep a direct connection to the mountains. Just because you live in Illinois doesn't mean you can't be a part of the LDM adventure!