weekend hike

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
hound dog
Greenhorn

weekend hike

Post by hound dog »

Am planning a short hike on the east side of the sups this weekend. Going in from reads water. It will be a site seeing trip more or less, anyone know of anything of intrest to look at on the east side...ie mines or just old camps?

thanks
Hound Dog
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

Hound Dog,

I must be having a brain fart here: how do you go into the Superstitions at Reed's Water? When I've gone there, I came in either from Peralta or JF trailheads.
If it's rained recently, it's a beautiful area. I haven't been there in maybe 15 years, and can't remember any artifacts there. But I believe Abe Reid's old camp and diggings are up there somewhere.

Let us know what you find!
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Sound Right To Me

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

George,

Actually there is nothing wrong with saying you are going into the Supes from "Reed's Water". That has come to mean a rather large area that flows out into Queen Valley.

One of the more obvious places to visit would be Abe Reid's old camp and prospects on the southern end of Coffee Flat Mountain. Not really being familiar with the area, I would take Jack Carlson and Elizabeth Stewart's "Hiker's Guide to the Superstition Wilderness" in my pack.
The end of their book covers quite a bit of that area.

Wiz is a big fan of that book. Perhaps he assumed you had already consulted it for side trips.

Have a great time and nzhogo nandago. (Take care of yourself.)

Respectfully,

Joe
hound dog
Greenhorn

reids water

Post by hound dog »

Will be going in from Qween Valley, milk ranch then up to reads water, the north, north east up red tank canyon.

Hound dog
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

Doh!
As soon as I got near a map, I saw the way in. I've never been that way, though. Thanks to everyone who PM'ed me with the route!
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wiz,

From your past posts, it's pretty obvious that you have been on a lot of trails, that most have only heard about. There is always another hill to climb.

Joe
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Joe

How do you know Wiz has been on alot of trails? Why hasnt anyone heard of them? What can you tell us about one of the trails hes been on? How many more hills are there? 2? 5? 11? 729? What kind of hill? Where is the hill located? Would the hill be covered with brush? Boulders? Are you happy now that I am paying attention to you? I will pay attention to every one of your posts for now on.......

Enjoy the attention you crave.....
hound dog
Greenhorn

Post by hound dog »

Well so much for my weekend hike.........that @&%%$#@$%&* work and their forced overtime. Well maybe next weekend.
Thanks for all your imputs.

Hound Dog

on the trail