spiral staircase

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
azdave35
Part Timer

spiral staircase

Post by azdave35 »

i met a guy that told me about a spiral staircase that he had seen in the supers...does anyone in here know of this staircase?...or been to it?...what is the origin of it?
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Wrong State

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Hi Dave,

Where ya been?

Your story has a familiar ring to it, but not in the Superstitions.

A number of years ago, I read a story about a spiral staircase somewhere around Santa Fe, NM It was a really interesting story, but had nothing to do with treasure or lost mines. :cry:

If anyone knows about such a thing in the Superstitions or a story about it, I would bet on Greg Davis.

Respectfully,

Joe
GK_STAR
Greenhorn

Post by GK_STAR »

Well Dave....here's what I have found, I do not give it much weight but here it is.

"Superstition Mountains, Arizona

Another area to be investigated is the Superstition Mountains in Arizona. Geronimo would be seen walking into the face of the Mountain, disappearing and then reappearing in New Mexico. The soldiers which were hell bent on capturing the illusive Apache Chief were mystified as to how he was able to escape the human net surrounding him and his band.
The tunnel systems of the Superstitions are dangerous though and are rumored to be inhabited by Reptilian-type Creatures and supernatural forces. Those that claim to have penetrated the tunnel tell of the remains of ancient structures and a spiral staircase that leads forever down into the bowels of earth. The main entrance to the Superstition tunnel system links to numerous tunnel passageways which spider web out as far as Central America. Mary Sutherland: In Search of Shambhala.

And from livejournal.com/users/paradoxology/14721.html
Mr. Childress writes of his talk with Richard Dannelly, a local resident of Sedona, Arizona and author of the book Sedona, Power Spot Voltex. Dannelly told him, “Some friends of mine had discovered a tunnel that goes underground for quite a distance in the Superstition Mountains. (For another story of underground tunnels and a possible Big Foot connection in these same mountains read Big Foot, the Abominable Sandman, Nessie and The People who live Under Mt. Shasta on the Home Page).

Yet every time they tried to explore the cave, a strange fear and feeling of dread would overtake the whole party, and they would always turn back.” They were sent to a psychic who told them of a man who would lead them into the tunnel without fear. “With this man as their guide they were able to penetrate further into the tunnel…” Deep inside … “the remains of ancient structures and walls made out of well dressed rock were found. They then discovered at this place a spiral staircase built out of cut stones that down, down, down, down into the earth.

“After some discussion, it was decided that their guide should descent the stairs …

He did so, following the staircase into the deep bowels of the earth. After some tome, he came to a large room with more cut stone. A gigantic rock-cut throne, big enough for a giant, or two people sitting together, was in the middle of the room.

“Artifacts were on the walls, though (he didn’t) know what they were. The man returned up the staircase and reported what he discovered. The others tried to convince him to return to the room and bring some of the artifacts back up, but he refused. The team then left the tunnel, and today the entrance is still a secret.”

And I've seen other like storys as I had heard of such a Staircase and did some research into it. Needless to say.......Well......I have choosen to let someone else investigate further
:wink:
But hey.....Thats just Me....I could be wrong
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

I wonder what it is about the Superstitions that elicit these kinds of stories? Maybe just the name. Are these people nuts, or is there really something there? It's funny that two different accounts have the staircase going deep into the earth. Following the path of Arne Saknussum, undoubtedly.
Ron Feldman posted a question about a spiral staircase a while back, but I don't know if anyone responded.
I've seen other accounts of reptilian stuff occurring in the mountains on the net, even on this forum. Why don't they write stuff like this about the Estrellas? Or South Mountain? Or Encanto Park?
Jesse J. Feldman
Part Timer

Post by Jesse J. Feldman »

Andy Synbad dug on a tunnel system with a spiral staircase just below Hyroglyphic Canyon. Andy thought it was an Aztec treasure vault. I have been to it but only went down the shaft to the now plugged tunnel. The tunnel is in view but a large boulder obstructs entry. The spiral staircase is alleged to be some distance down the tunnel. I believe the people that dug it are either nuts or they had something to do with the petroglyphs found in the canyon above.

Jesse
GK_STAR
Greenhorn

Post by GK_STAR »

There is no shortage of Paranormal Storys, Theory's, Explaination's on just about every subject out there. And it spawns from all Races, Cultures and Classes around the world (even though some people think the Hillbilly's have cornered the market on it) . Is it "ALL" Crap? Who knows.........But it is interesting to read and just as in the LDM legend.......there could very well be some grains of truth in what they say. My guess is that most everybody has seen or experienced things that could not be explained by common knowledge and/or Science. History has many example's of Thoughts, Events & Occurrence's that most people dismissed as B.S. only later to have it proven/explained. My favorite one is that at one time.... the most intelligent folks in the world were absolutely sure that the world was flat......well we all know how that turned out. I guess speaking for myself......It's not that I believe this stuff and spend alot of time investigating it.......it's that I don't disbelieve it and do think it's worth considering. A box is an unwise place to go through life in, In my humble opinion anyways.
Is there a spiral staircase in the Superstitions that leads to a vast tunnel network once used by Geronimo to escape the soldiers or used to store a treasure of some kind? Well..... wiser people then me reside in both camps on that subject but I would not be surprized if somebody hiked into the Superstitions and later popped up in the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico with a backpack full of gold and some arrowheads. Of course that person would have a whole lot of splaining to do to Uncle Sammy, but the Fed Govenment is another topic in and of itself in Unexplainable Paranormal Phenomena

:wink:

Greg
But hey.....Thats just Me....I could be wrong
Jesse J. Feldman
Part Timer

I forgot to mention a story of a spiral staircase on the south side of Blacktop Mountain. It just slipped my mind. The claim comes from people I know and believe, so their is no reason to discount them. I have been in the tunnel they spoke of, but without a light and unable to venture very far. The entrance is covered by a slab of the mountain, so virtually no light enters the tunnel. I believe this one is not an old dig, but I could be wrong. I bet someone like T.K. would know more.

Jesse
azdave35
Part Timer

Post by azdave35 »

howdy joe...i've just been busy working ..how you been doing?
azdave35
Part Timer

Post by azdave35 »

also..who is andy synbad?...the name sounds familiar but i cant place it
Jesse J. Feldman
Part Timer

azdave35,

Andy Sinbad or Synbad was born, I think, in California and at an early age went to Germany before WW1. He worked at a ship yard for the Kaizer where he smuggled himself back to New York and on to Cal.

I only knew him as a kid. He dug many holes looking for a silver bonanza near Goldfield. He was a little crazy, nevertheless very intelligent. His mines are filled and the junk he gathered is gone. That is about all I know of Andy.

Jesse
RU Kidding
Greenhorn

Post by RU Kidding »

Jesse- "Worked in a shipyard" I guess that would make him "Synbad the sailor?"
Sorry-but somebody had to say it!!!