Website suggestions

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

Website suggestions

Post by count »

Hi. <br> I would definitely recommend registration (as long as you make it clear that this info will not be used by/sold to third parties, like many sites do with their registrants). Registration might cut down the number of irresponsible posts, if ya'll know what I mean. <br> As far as loss of previous entries, please do all you can to prevent this, as I'm sure I'm not alone in seeing the value in a lot of those posts, and it would be too much of a headache for us to "copy paste" all the entries! Besides, what happens on a lot of forums is people wandering in asking the same questions that have already been answered. It's easy to reply to them, "Read page 7" etc. <br> If loss prevention can't be done, maybe add an "archives" wherein visitors can look up these past entries. <br> Good luck and continued success with this site! <br> nicholas
count
Expert

Post by count »

I think losing many (though not all) of the postings here would be a shame. There is information on the bulletin board that can not be found in any books on the subject. Perhaps archives is the way to go? <br> <br>P
count
Expert

Post by count »

Correct. I'm talking to my webmaster about not losing past postings.