odd tree formation?

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
azdave35
Part Timer

odd tree formation?

Post by azdave35 »

i was in the supers today and ran across an odd thing.....5 cactus's in a circle...about 7 ft diameter circle..with a tree planted in the center...pretty tall saghuaro's with a very old tree in the middle....maybe a marker?...any ideas?
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Circle in a Circle?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Dave,

Don't know if you are a Stone Map fan, but your find might look like a circle in a circle if viewed from a nearby higher elevation. That would be interesting, if it fits in with any of the other symbols.

Respectfully,

Joe
Wyatt Westwood
Part Timer

Post by Wyatt Westwood »

What kind of tree dave?

It could be a marker to the animal pins or rock corrals as I have found in the past.

I found one like you describe with a Horses head shaped cactus in the middle and looked like a cage with a horse in it from far away. If it's an Oak tree that's stand's for a cross and if it's an evergreen that stands for a Grave. If it's any other type of tree it probably means campsite with shade (trees) and corrals, or follow this type of tree and cactus to the corrals.

It's not off the Stones though, they only have a symbol for the Symbolistic cactus markers and roads with trails to the Mine Sites. A circle in a circle on the Priest stone (Two of them) stand for two openings one wrong one right.