Parking Fees

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Wiz
Expert

Parking Fees

Post by Wiz »

The fee machine appears to be gone from First Water trailhead, but it's still there at Peralta. Anyone know what's going on?
bill711
Expert

fee machine

Post by bill711 »

Wiz; I heard a cowboy came thru and roped it and kept riding !!!!! 8O bill
Scott
Part Timer

Columbus Day?

Post by Scott »

Could it be Columbus Day? Some parks Rangers will allow free access to our public lands at times with out indirect taxation! wow! Maybe Rick is having his friends in for a BBQ?Or could it be Pepsi Day at the Fair ?
Was there a box full of canned goods and soda near the rules and regulations? :)
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

Dunno. The whole machine is gone, Bill may be right. I didn't see the well-deserved crater where it used to be.
Well I for one am happy to be robbed to the tune of $4 a day to pay for those !@#$ outhouses. I know that none of the excess is finding its way into anyone's pockets. No.
Jesse J. Feldman
Part Timer

Post by Jesse J. Feldman »

All,

If you did not read it in the paper a few weeks ago, the parking fees at Superstition Wilderness trailheads are no more. Summer months were always free and now every month is free just like it was and should always be. We have a little sence of freedom back again. However lake parking fees are going up in price. I never thought the fee at Superstition trailheads was justified. This opinion, of course, was shared by most. The Forest Service made good on this one. Anyone who cares should call them up and thank them.

Jesse
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

I never paid anyways...just stuck a walmart reciept on the dash...lol
That worked pretty good.

Them machines didnt work so well in any event.......