summers here

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Ron
Part Timer

summers here

Post by Ron »

Summer is here and things slow down for us, so it's time to get back into the foray on this site. It's been a busy season and it's seems to be a red light on our trove dig. Glad to see most of you are still with us( in more ways than one). This spring we packed the oldest dutchman hunter , that I know , that is still active into the mountains. He is 88 and can't see well anymore, but still has the desire. I've packed him in for over 30 years.
Anyone seen the new musuem at Goldfield that was started? It will be finished next fall. We intend to add alot on the legend and it's people.
bill711
Expert

Summer,s here

Post by bill711 »

Ron; The 88 year old just show,s you that once a detective hunter ALWAY,S a hunter.. Now tell me do you have to use a seat belt with him? Since he doesn,t see so well I bet he just likes to get out there and sniff the ground once and a while. He probley dreams of his trip all year long. I wish him many of them.. Bill
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Nice Post

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ron,

That's a great story. Must be a man with a great many stories to tell. Lucky you!

Bill,

Those were nice sentiments in your post. Be very carefull, as you are approaching "Hallmark Card" status. Are you old enough to have senility
creeping into your life? :lol:

Respectfully,

Joe
Ron
Part Timer

summers here

Post by Ron »

thank to both of you for the comments. No seat belts on this guy. He rides in and out by himself. If the dream wasn't still with him , he would not still be with us.
bill711
Expert

88 year old dutch hunter

Post by bill711 »

Ron; Thank you. NOW JOE; Just because I have been busy don,t think you can come upon me in an unguarded moment and just savage me. I will have the WIZ hang you out to dry again. Bill
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Busy?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Bill,

What do you mean, "busy". I was pretty sure you were just taking a long nap and dreaming of all the "smells" that surround the LDM. :lol:

Actually I was kind of hoping you would step in here and provide me a little respite with Mr. Wiz. He is reall more than I can handle, what with my senility problem and all. It's getting harder every day for me to keep up with all the young wizzers snapping at my heels. Used to be I would just boot them into next week, but now I can't even boot them into two minutes from now. :cry: I must admit, it's nice to know they still care enough to bite now and again.

Having said all of that, please consider calling Mr. Wiz an SOB or something of equal importance, so he will consider hanging you (instead of me) on the line for awhile. It would be nice to just spend a few hours in a chair instead of hanging out here in the hot sun. :lol:

I fear my attempts at humor are getting as weak as my poetic ramblings.
Perhaps I should post some of my better stuff, from when I was a little younger.

Respectfully,

Joe "Twistin in the Wind" Ribaudo
bill711
Expert

ok Joe

Post by bill711 »

Joe; I am sitting here listening to the history channel. They are talking about a coderaterreo as being about a step by step, degree by degree; journey or trip to acceivement. In this case it,s being used in the case of babbal in the bible....bill Ok joe; I,ll see if I can,t soothe the Wiz,s feather,s for you. Wiz I checked your pic, You have some pretty good ones. BUT are you turning into a camra Hawg at your age???? I also saw you finalley sharpened your teeth and tried them out on Joe,s rear end. You did a very good job, I know he needed a good going over. Bill
bill711
Expert

Inquiring mind,s

Post by bill711 »

Who was it who said they had met or knew Steve Cox of Fort Smith, Ark. Steve and I used to tank up and chase the gal,s at the same honky tonk called The RELAY STATION in Fort Smith in the late 70,s and 1980,s. the last that I seen of him He was trading in south America.... Bill
Wiz
Expert

Re: ok Joe

Post by Wiz »

bill711 wrote: Wiz I checked your pic, You have some pretty good ones. BUT are you turning into a camra Hawg at your age???? I also saw you finalley sharpened your teeth and tried them out on Joe,s rear end. You did a very good job, I know he needed a good going over. Bill
Bill,
I don't understand what you are saying about my "pic" and being a "camera hawg". I don't have any pictures posted, if that's what you mean. As for Joe's rear end, it would be perfectly safe from me if he would refrain from continuously baiting me. But then, he's a master at that.
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Wiz,
it's early in the morning and my eyes aren't really open yet.
let me get this straight...
Are you accusing Joe of being a 'master baiter'?

Laz
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Baiting!

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wiz,

I suppose this has really been a one-sided game here, and you were only responding to things I personally posted to you. Lately it has seemed that most of the barbs have come from my side of the fence. I will try to refrain from "baiting" you, although our posts only keep me laughing most of the time. I have gotten a bit too personal with some of my comments and should just ignore most of yours.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

Joe,
It's never too late to start again.