Alfred Lewis

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Habits

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

The practice was common with the Jesuits of the time. Sexual dreams may have been the catalyst for Kino's "middle of the night" whippings.
Seems reasonable, but who knows for sure.

Respectfully,

Joe
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

Peter wrote: ...the Jesuit priest hero of the film flagellates himself with some tree branches after having succumbed to his human side after getting himself all worked up after viewing a comely Huron maiden.
P
Maybe that's why it's commonly called a "beating". Different folks,...
bill711
Expert

black robes

Post by bill711 »

Peter; they were a morbid bunch! All I know is what I have read on them. I did see a doc. on the penenetes on the A&E on T.V. PETER; I eat the same as you But what is pulled pork? I am not aquainted with it? You don,t eat the cac. buttons and fly high like the eagle? AFTER; I made my post I remembered that I had some pieces of the little deity,s I have the heads. They are peculer little things big nose,big ears and lips. Yes they probley did dream of choking their chickens late in the nite. I guess their chickens sqawked too. A nateral thing for the body to do if it,s healthy. They were a brutal bunch with one another. Bill
BlackBeard
Greenhorn

Post by BlackBeard »

Hi every one!
Last edited by BlackBeard on Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger
Part Timer

Al Lewis Manuscript of 1945

Post by Roger »

The Superstition Mountain Historical Society sells a small book written in 1945 by Al Lewis titled "Saga of Superstition Mountains" for $3.50 when I bought a copy in the mid 90's. The 18 page book spins a historical narriative on what happened in the Peralta massacre, the history of mining around Goldfield, and ties into Lewis' view that the LDM was in that area. Not anything exceptional in the book but it is a work of Lewis if one is interested.

Roger
Peter
Expert

Post by Peter »

Wiz

Get your mind out of the gutter.

Bill711,

Err...I understand the pulled pork question, but am not terribly sure what the rest of the paragraph was about. Dont bother explaining, I'll figure it out sooner or later.....

I generally dont have much interaction with eagles. Some other types of avians are a different story however.

Blackbeard,

Uhhh....ok.

P
bill711
Expert

Alfred Louis

Post by bill711 »

Peter; You said you ate Pulled Pork when you went to Arizoniac. I asked you what it was, I never heard of it? When people go to the desert and eat the little cactus buttons they get high and fly like the eagle. bill
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Hey, Bill...
actually, because you are curious, I'll address the peyote issue.
I am far too much a realist, and therefor might tend to be a spoil sport.
Nonetheless, it would be rare to find peyote in the Supes. In fact, I would think you would be more apt to find Gold. Peyote grows further south, near the Tucson area.
If you happen to come to the valley, don't start asking people about peyote, and certainly don't eat stuff you aren't certain about. Peyote can be deadly, and will almost certainly make you very sick. I would never ever eat peyote and then go for a hike in the Supes...talk about "Men in Black"!
Better leave that silliness for the pros.
Laz
Peter
Expert

Post by Peter »

Bill711,

Here ya go:

http://southernfood.about.com/library/cprec/bl103_4.htm

Try that recipe.

P
bill711
Expert

Alfred Louis

Post by bill711 »

Lazarus; Peyote yes, that was what I was trying to think of and couldn,t. All that I could remember was it was cactus buttons. I,ve read a doctors report who took some of the stuff with the indians. I like to learn BUT I would never put any of it in my body. I would like one of the buttons to look at, and see what it looked like. But Other than what a doctor prescribes I will not take. Laz. I do not drink anything stronger than coffee or tea anymore. The doctor who was telling of his experience told and described how sick he got. When they take that they are in a hogan and have a caretaker to care for them while they are under the influence of the drug. PETER; I just had a BIG B-B-Q beef sandwitch at high noon yesterday. I have had plenty of B-B-Q pork and chicken. I just hadn,t heard of pulled pork. I ate a B-B-Q sandwitch and baked a big 18 LB. Ham in the oven yesterday. It,s all good. I should have said about the lil idle,s some were commercial type and made in a MOLD the more expensive were handmade. Some were made fancy like lil kings, crown, arm bands an such, they are real expensive to buy when you find one that,s not cracked or chipped someway. These would cost you about 200 bucks to buy in the U.S. Bill