Yellow Jackets

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
Cubfan64
Expert

Re: Yellow Jackets

Post by Cubfan64 »

The only 2 rock circles I know of that have been considered possible celestial/seasonal alignment structures are Circlestone and Paradise Overlook a few miles NW of Circlestone. Can you point out where the ruins are on Tortilla Mountain? I'd love to get a look at them sometime - Circlestone still fascinates me when I'm there.
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Paul,

Will be glad to. I am not close right now to that file but will pm the location to you when I can pull it up. Actually if I remember from my last visit you can see the end of the Stone Map Trail from that location. Well let`s just say the end of the trail in the Superstitions.

Hello Mr. Ribaudo,

Really can`t add anything to my previous comments. The library of Oz is safe. Imagine that really is the end of our interest in the Superstitions. Surprised you folks did not take the business about Spirit Mountain more seriously. Spirit Mountain opens many gates.

Not a lot to say anymore.

Good luck to you and yours.

Klondike
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Cubfan64 wrote:The only 2 rock circles I know of that have been considered possible celestial/seasonal alignment structures are Circlestone and Paradise Overlook a few miles NW of Circlestone. Can you point out where the ruins are on Tortilla Mountain? I'd love to get a look at them sometime - Circlestone still fascinates me when I'm there.
Hi Paul,

Tom and James wrote a nice little book on Circlestone. You can find them here:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchR ... e&x=67&y=9

Prices are all over the place. If you don't hear back from Ben, I will be happy to send you the location.

Take care,

Joe
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

klondike wrote:Hello Paul,

Will be glad to. I am not close right now to that file but will pm the location to you when I can pull it up. Actually if I remember from my last visit you can see the end of the Stone Map Trail from that location. Well let`s just say the end of the trail in the Superstitions.

Hello Mr. Ribaudo,

Really can`t add anything to my previous comments. The library of Oz is safe. Imagine that really is the end of our interest in the Superstitions. Surprised you folks did not take the business about Spirit Mountain more seriously. Spirit Mountain opens many gates.

Not a lot to say anymore.

Good luck to you and yours.

Klondike
Ben,

The reason more people did not take the Spirit Mountain story seriously, was because the messenger who brought us the story was proven to be full of El Toro poo-poo. Thought for awhile it might be you with another ID, but gave up on that idea after awhile.

He hinted a few times of a connection to OZ......etc., and I'm glad to see you picked up on that. Shows your powers of observation are still working well. IMHO you should focus your story on the Superstitions, as spreading it out will thin down the believability factor.

Is a book getting any closer to completion or are you just doing this for fun? In any case.....

Good luck,

Joe
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

Joe Ribaudo wrote:
Cubfan64 wrote:The only 2 rock circles I know of that have been considered possible celestial/seasonal alignment structures are Circlestone and Paradise Overlook a few miles NW of Circlestone. Can you point out where the ruins are on Tortilla Mountain? I'd love to get a look at them sometime - Circlestone still fascinates me when I'm there.
Hi Paul,

Tom and James wrote a nice little book on Circlestone. You can find them here:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchR ... e&x=67&y=9

Prices are all over the place. If you don't hear back from Ben, I will be happy to send you the location.

Take care,

Joe
Joe - I think you misunderstood. I've been to Circlestone a couple times now actually - it really is a very interesting set of ruins. A pretty decent study has been (and I think is still progressing) done by Mr. Bruce Peterson of Mesa Community College. I've spoken with him a couple times via e-mail and he's a great person to talk to about the site.

The location I was asking Klondike about was a ruins on Tortilla Mountain - that's one that I wasn't aware of.

Things are going well after a terrible case of food poisoning a couple weeks ago. I haven't felt that miserable since a had to have my appendix removed years ago. Hopefully we're on the other side of winter now, and while February can have some nasty storms, I feel like spring is slowly on the way.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Paul,

Yes, of course I misunderstood. Happens more and more these days. Gets kind of scary sometimes. 8O

Great weather here. I imagine it will be 70+ today.

Take care,

Joe
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I know of three stone circles, one is on La Barge mountain or Black mountain whichever you prefer.It is rather small. Not entirely sure of its purpose. Southwest side if I remember correctly.The other two are respectively on each of the Black Cross butte areas. One seems more modern in origin, the other I believe is an old medicine wheel. It is very similar to the one down by Red Mountain in orientation and look and feel. None of these are comparable to circlestone in size or purpose in my opinion.

Yes, I just posted. It was a long nap.

We start our season this Monday and have a double header wednesday. Pretty solid group of boys. Only two are shorter than me. a far cry from the Yellowjackets who only came waist high years ago. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago, does it?
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Zentull,

Has been a long time hasn't it?" I really don`t check these boards much anymore. Our adventure in the Superstitions is pretty much over.

There is a stone circle on Black Cross Butte near the Salt River that is a perfect copy of one in South Africa. Folks do get around I imagine.

For some reason this has me thinking of Cynthia Irwin Williams. Really good bio on her on you tube, also an outstanding presentation on her famous dig in Mexico that runs about an hour. Hard to imagine people were running around 250000 years ago. I don`t believe she ever could buy into that.

Funny thing about that dig, the Mexican authorites tried to sell a lot of silliness that the artifacts were planted. Reminds me of the crazies who went after the Tucson Artifacts with the same nonsense.

Guess tomorrow is our day. Wish you and yours well.

May the stars keep you safe.

Klondike
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Castle Dome, Fish Creek Canyon, Klondike Springs.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

:roll: :lol:
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Mr. Ribaudo,

Good to see your spirits are high. Folks should be cheerful.

Comments were directed to someone else.

Klondike
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ben,

When comedians perform, everyone can laugh. :wink:

Take care,

Joe
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Mr. Ribaudo

Well if it made you happy it was a good thing.

Don`t mind sharing, might give you a good laugh. Fellow pulling gold out of the area with interpretation no. 24 of the Stone Maps. Just trying to give him a heads up on where he might also look.

Always liked your solution to the maps. Actually quite the best I have seen. Although Castle Dome is a good one if you use the horse thing in combination with the trail maps.

May the stars keep you safe and cheerful.

Klondike
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

klondike wrote:Mr. Ribaudo

Well if it made you happy it was a good thing.

Don`t mind sharing, might give you a good laugh. Fellow pulling gold out of the area with interpretation no. 24 of the Stone Maps. Just trying to give him a heads up on where he might also look.

Always liked your solution to the maps. Actually quite the best I have seen. Although Castle Dome is a good one if you use the horse thing in combination with the trail maps.

May the stars keep you safe and cheerful.

Klondike
Ben,

I can't help but smile whenever you post. You have been putting a smile on my face for many years now.

Take care,

Joe
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Mr. Ribaudo,

You shouldn`t laugh at solution 24. If you combine the horse and the trail maps a reasonable interpretation takes you to the Castle Dome area. After all you have a fairly nice heart, ruins on Castle Dome and it is fairly close to the Salt River.

Believe there is a Fish Creek Canyon that might actually be the stone map trail for solution 24 and who knows maybe in this view the end of the trail is Castle Dome.

The Geology is right, gold is there, and anyway a great time can be had by all.

And this takens nothing away from your discovery. Just a different chapter in the same book.

Klondike.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ben,

I have a much reduced interest in the newest details of Calalus, the LDM......etc. Just too many off-the-wall theories and "evidence" being offered. There are too many provably false bits of such evidence coming down the pike.

Made-up "evidence" is coming out of the woodwork every day. I am too old to keep up with this nonsense. On the other hand, I am glad to see you are still sticking with it. It makes for fun reading......much like reading "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer".

My conclusions and finds stand on their own.

Take care,

Joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Hi Ben :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Randy,

Hope things are well with you and yours.

Have to say I really enjoyed watching the special on the Superstitions last night. Can`t help but wonder if they will end up in Fish Creek Canyon yet which Fish Creek Canyon will it be?

Should be interesting seeing how they tie together the matchbox ore and any finds in the Superstitions. Seems I remember the Dutchman`s ore in the public view came from a played out drift mine in an epithermal deposit in pistol canyon.

That must have been quite the placer deposit, since it seems to extend from one end of the Superstitions to the other.

Always thought is was quaint that folks believe the dutchman was only into one mine. Guess if you have to buy into one reality that is a good one.

Being doing some research recently on the word Cibola. Interesting word. You find the letters ol that also play a prominent role on the Tucson Artifacts. Clear what the A stands for but the Cib is perplexing. Most folks are badly mistaken in their assumptions about where this word comes from.

klondike
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

I'm pretty sure something way bigger than the LDM is in the Superstitions. Something thousands of years old.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Randy,

Why yes there is. This:

Years ago my father visited the Superstition Mountains with an archaeologist friend from Harvard University. She was quite a lady. Dad was impressed with her work in Mexico. I tagged along hoping this would be a rather eventful trip. I was not disappointed.

We entered the range from Hieroglyphic Canyon, crossed Superstition Mountain and made our way to the saddle high above West Boulder Canyon. We camped there for the night. To the east was a wondrous view of Weaver`s Needle.

That night under an incredible sky my father shared with his friend the history of our people, the location of sites we would be visiting over the next few days and the history of the last days of Calalus that had been handed down from generation to generation. I will never forget his discussion of the creation of the Tucson Artifacts. They were made in the last days of the people in a small canyon, (Eldorado Canyon, Nevada) on the Colorado River. The artifacts were forged as a map home that one day might lead the descendants of Calalus back to their most holy site in the Superstitions. The relics were later dumped in a marshy area of Arizona to make room for living survivors of the holocaust that befell the people. That is another history for another day.

Over the next several days we visited a number of sites and finally made our way to Horse Mesa on the Salt River. From there we entered several holy places and for days dad`s friend not only had the opportunity to study the people`s history but to also acquaint herself with the history of a more ancient people that were the reason the settlers of Calalus came to America to begin with.

I think dad was very interested in her thoughts on what she had seen and for many years she joined us and others to visit the range to protect and care for the most important historical site in the world. I too became her friend and when she passed away felt a loss that has never really been filled.

The trail we followed is the trail that is engraved on the Tucson Artifacts. The name of the holy
site in the Superstitions is mentioned, many times on the artifacts but has never been recognized for what it is.

We call that holy site Oz. The people simply referred to it as OL. The same ol that is embetted in the word Cibola. The a is a reference to the Ancients.

Been quite the journey. Leaving soon to run a library.

Klondike
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

So much research to do, so little time. I had a feeling the Horse Mesa area used to be a port of some kind. I'd imaging the Salt had a lot more water in those days.

It's good to talk to u again, it's been a while. See you soon.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Randy,

Good to speak with you also.

Yes the Salt River was different in those days as was the Superstitions.

It seems our explorers have found their way to Fish Creek Canyon(the Canyon of the Souls), and will shortly ascend Black Cross Butte. Have to say the boat ride is a good touch, but it would have been more dramatic if the crew had used jet ski`s. What was it Late said you can lead them to water but you cannot make them drink. Imagine we will see.

Interesting that a correct solution to the trail maps, but not a fundamental one, took them to the eastern part of the Superstitions. Now they find themselves in the western Superstitions by triangulating dead folks.

A fundamental understanding of the maps would also have taken them to Black Cross Butte. Just view the starting point as an encampment north of the Salt. Going across the Salt River south the first x(black cross butte) pops up to the west and your journey begins down Fish Creek Canyon. Of course what becomes tricky is the trick in the trail you must see in connecting the maps. Once that is seen it all fits together nicely.

I have often wondered why folks do not look more closely at Jim Hatt`s comment on the trail maps when he said:

“Based on the Topography around Coronado Mesa, I have often wondered why more people who search for the end of the trail on the Stone Maps do not start at the top and work down instead of working up from the bottom?” Page 20, “The Peralta Stone Maps”

I believe the key word here is topography.

When Coronado ascended Coronado Mesa and looked out over the range in the hope of finding Oz he gazed northeast and saw Horse Mesa. At his feet was the Canyon of the souls,(Fish Creek Canyon). To the northwest was Black Cross Butte, and further north the Salt. But in the end he failed.

I wonder if our explorers have found evidence at Black Cross Butte that Coronado passed this way. That would be quite special. Good luck to them.

You know Randy there is a beautiful history in those mountains that goes beyond butchery, mayhem and the pursuit of treasure. It is comforting to know that history is safe.

Klondike
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Klondyke do you still keep tabs here?
"We must find a way, or we will make one." --Hannibal Barca
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Roy,

Occasionally.

Seems most of the discussions focus on recent events. My interest in that period is quite limited.

Right now the legend of Cibola fascinates me. Trying to work it into a class. Seven cities of Gold. I believe what they were actually after was seven temples that held relics and treasures from the time of the ancients till the time of Calalus. The most important being Oz. If this is true it explains the seven temples that are mentioned in several texts from the library.

This business about the Maps is interesting. Folks still going round and round with who did it and why. Maybe the place to start is the trail systems that are reflected on the Maps. The main trail is over 10000 years old, the rest is just graffiti.

Who knows maybe the recent authors were trying to deceive or simply paint a picture yet they stumbled on a fundamental truth. That truth makes the trail maps the most important document to ever be produced regarding the range.

Klondike
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ben,

If the Stone Maps are "the most important document to ever be produced regarding the range.", why don't you produce some evidence to reveal this "truth"? Isn't the truth what is important? It would seem that you are the only one who has access to this truth. No one else has the means to get to the "evidence".

Enlighten us!

Joe Ribaudo