2010 Rendezvous?

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Cubfan64
Expert

2010 Rendezvous?

Post by Cubfan64 »

This fall I want to bring my wife Connie out to Arizona and Superstitions area to see if she likes it. I'm hoping to coincide our trip with the Rendezvous at least for one day but hadn't heard anything about whether it was going to happen or not.

We're coming out no matter what, and if I can book flights and stuff now I can save some money, so would it be fairly safe to book our trip from around October 21 - October 30 in the hopes that the Rendezvous will be the same weekend as usual if it's on again for this fall?

Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Re: 2010 Rendezvous?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Paul,

At this point, the 2010 Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous is set for the 22nd,23rd and 24th of October. Greg will be able to confirm that
the Don's Camp is reserved for those dates.

Hope to see everyone there.

Take care,

Joe
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

Hi,
I have a proposed visit to wifes relatives in CA due around that time...If possible is it ok to "show up"..itd be first time for me.....dont want to impose or anything....of course I wouldnt know anyone,other than from communicating with them on here...Im 62 by the way ,so hoping Im not the only one getting on in years.....The wife would no doubt come along..she hates to miss anything,even if shes not the slightest bit interested in it... 8O
If its ok Ill have to get a bit more info about it ..times ...dates ...issues etc....a bit nearer october time.
regards
Don update your email address
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

Although I'm not involved in "running" the Rendezvous, I can guarantee you that "dropping in" is quite welcome. There's usually someone giving a talk Friday and Saturday evening when the sun goes down in the ramada, and during the day you'll find folks either taking short exploration hikes or just sitting around shooting the breeze.

Best bet is to show up and ask the first person you see to point you towards Joe Ribaudo (CactusJumper) as he's always looking to welcome a newcomer.

Oh, and the ages range from < 10 to > 80. I'd say there are alot of folks in the 50-70 range.
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Post by Gregory E. Davis »

Good morning: I have reserved the Dons Club Base Camp at the foot of Superstition Mountain for the 2010 Lost Dutchman Rendezvous on the 22th, 23th, and 24th. of October. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

Thanks Greg - I'm in the process of rescanning all the Journals you gave me using a .tif file extension. I'm going to see how many I can fit on a single DVD disc rather than a typical CD (DVD's can hold MUCH MORE).

Once I get that done, you'll have half of the journals in both .pdf and .tif format on several discs and we can maybe sit down at the Rendezvous and talk about what makes the most sense to proceed with.

I'll being the Journals to the Rendezvous and return them to you then.

I look forward to seeing you again Greg and am also looking forward to convincing my wife that Arizona (and the Superstition area specifically) would make a wonderful place to retire to :). That said, please do me a favor and make sure all the snakes, spiders, scorpions and centipedes have been cleared out of the Don's Club area before our arrival :)
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Greg,

Many thanks for the confirmation on the exact dates. I posted the information on TreasureNet, and assume someone will post it on Desert USA. Letting Bob Schoose know early might be a good idea.

Paul,

Carolyn and I will arrive early, as usual, on Thursday. We will put up little, itty-bitty, signs for the critters you mentioned, letting them know they are not welcome in camp that weekend. I believe that should do the trick.

We are looking forward to seeing you again, and meeting the woman who puts up with you will be a pleasure for both of us. I assume she is a Saint, much like Carolyn. :)

Looking forward to a great Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous again this year.

Take care,

Joe
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

Joe Ribaudo wrote:Greg,

Many thanks for the confirmation on the exact dates. I posted the information on TreasureNet, and assume someone will post it on Desert USA. Letting Bob Schoose know early might be a good idea.

Paul,

Carolyn and I will arrive early, as usual, on Thursday. We will put up little, itty-bitty, signs for the critters you mentioned, letting them know they are not welcome in camp that weekend. I believe that should do the trick.

We are looking forward to seeing you again, and meeting the woman who puts up with you will be a pleasure for both of us. I assume she is a Saint, much like Carolyn. :)

Looking forward to a great Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous again this year.

Take care,

Joe
Saint doesn't come close to describing her! :)

Thanks for posting the signs, hopefully they'll help! I think I'm going to "wean" Connie into the Arizona/LDM experience a little at a time, so we'll probably be staying in a hotel in AJ or Gold Canyon during the Rendezvous. We'll certainly stay late and show up early at the Don's Site though!

Gotta come up with a few shorter/easier hikes too - I'm thinking Heiroglyphic Canyon and Garden Valley. Depending on water, I might try to convince her to try Fish Creek Canyon or if she's really into it, the cliff dwellings near Angel Basin.

We'll start booking our flights tonight.