Yellow Jackets

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
klondike
Part Timer

Oz

Post by klondike »

Hello Randy,

Yes and that counts for everything.

When Late passed on Klondike and I had the opportunity to go through his papers and I have to say he was in touch with some fine folks. Folks that I would not define as dutch hunters but more as folks who are one with that which is.

Folks who have walked the same trails in the Superstitions.

I have been hesitant to acknowledge relationships but we look forward to sharing certain things with you and several others in October.

Have a good day and don`t let the locals eat you.

We really are out of here. Talk with you soon.

Regards,
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Thanks. I was just kidding around but thanks :) See ya soon.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

No apologies necessary.

Got my new computer up and running. Double the hamster speed of the old one!!!!!!
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
Somehiker
Part Timer

Videos

Post by Somehiker »

Do any of you whizbang dutch-hunting computer geeks out there know how to get YouTube flash videos to run without long pauses.Other that setting the flash option to allow for unlimited buffering,which seems to do nothing ,I am at a loss for a solution.These pauses sometimes do not end,and I need to drag the play cursor forward and back to get it to continue to play at all.I am on DSL and even though I can download a vid in a very short time,the play result remains the same.
If anyone is interested,an excellent set of episodes of "Connections" by James Burke is available on YouTube.The series is well worth watching and,in my ever humble opinion,should be mandatory for all historians.

Regards:SH
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

sh,
the video downloads fast but won't play back right? Is that what you are saying? If so try installing the latest version of flash. youtube uses flash to play it's videos.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

Randy:
Thanks for the response....no the vids play smoothly,but they pause for what I assume is buffering.This usually occurs part way into the replay and can last for anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes and even longer.I have Flash 10 at the current time,which I think is the most recent version.
I might ntry allocating some more memory to the system buffer,if I can figger out how....now where's that head scratch thingie?

djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Well it only buffers if the video hasn't downloaded properly. If you see the red bar full in the playback timeline then it has been downloaded. IF that is the case then you might have an issue with your video card. IF not, then you might have an issue with your connection.

click this link and then click "begin test". Post your results here on the forum and I'll tell you if they are good or not.
http://www.speedtest.net/
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

Tried the link,and it gave me a report.
Then Firefox crashed.....

SH.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Might wanna run "ccleaner" and a-squared free.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

AVG and BitDefender show a clean system,so spy/malware is not at fault.

SH.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Are you using Firefox 3.5?? If so install the 3.0 version.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

Nope...3.0
I think I'll get my son to see what's up...I suspect it's probably just my memory settings,or something to do with Vista itself.Thanks for the effort though,Randy.

djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

You bet :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
klondike
Part Timer

Re: Yellow Jackets

Post by klondike »

Your question:

Is the map room the same one that is mentioned in historical texts?

Yes, and no. Many of the texts were moved from the original library to Oz.

Cataclysmic event create many orphans.

NO one will ever be allowed in there.

Your observation regarding the location of the Southern Utah site is correct. Never believed anyone would figure that out. Good Catch.

Klondike
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

:)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Randy,

Hope things are well with you and yours.

Just a thought to consider. When the SS Jesmond arrived in New Orleans a number of the artifacts were melted down and sold. Those records still exist. The buyers were a certain group in New York whose interests were intimately involved in the Superstitions.

The son and daughter of one of those bankers visited Jacob Waltzer shortly before he died. Last respects for a fine man.

Just for the record the bankers that met with Jim Bark were part of the group that bought the artifacts from the captain of the Jesmond.

Small world, but a lot more connected than folks think. 8)

Klondike
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ben,

Just wondering......How did this: "bronze swords, rings, mallets, carvings of head figures of birds and animals, and two vases or jars with fragments of bone, and one cranium almost entire..." and "what appeared to be a mummy enclosed in a stone case... encrusted with volcanic deposit so as to be scarecely distinguished form the rock itself." become: "a number of the artifacts were melted down and sold."

That's what's in Capt. Robson's log, as well as what was reported in the various accounts.

Can you tell us what connects this story with the Superstition Mts.? It's a great story, on its own, without trying to tie it to this Forum.

Thanks in advance,

Joe Ribaudo
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

klondike wrote:Hello Randy,

Small world, but a lot more connected than folks think. 8)

Klondike
Yes it is. Things are great here, thanks for asking. Same to you.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Mr. Ribaudo,

Hope things are well with you and yours.

Let`s see. The sword that Captain Robson found was orichalcum. Orichalcum was an alloy that was made by our ancestors in the Superstitions.

The location of a smelter and a rich mine was carved in several locations in the Superstitions. The carvings look like a hat with a central zone that is represented by for the lack of a better word a 0.

The carving is observable on a least one photograph that is in the public area from a mine and is also indicated on the latin heart and the bilrey crosses. I wouldn`t be so fast to dismiss those artifiacts, at least the information on them is correct.

The connection is fairly straighforward. The Jasmon`s discovery needed to be hidden away because some of the artifacts pointed directly to locations in the Superstitions, and if the metal composition of the artifacts were understood the connection to artifacts coming out of the Superstitions at the time would be clear. Particularly several finds in the Fish Creek area that were just surfacing. Glad the locals sold those for supplies.

If you are interested in mysteries why is it such an incrediable discovery just went up in smoke. Things like that just don`t happen. :lol:

Anyway have a happy holiday. By the way Jacob was in the confederate army and did help southern symphizers hide treasure in areas north of the Salt River. He however kept those folks far, far away from Oz.

That is why he directed folks to the Rogers Canyon area. Of course later folks would send people everywhere in the range.

Really quite funny.

Klondike
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Then again Jacob sent folks everywhere yet he left enough clues to the Rogers Canyon area so one day a mine would be found that would put everything to rest.

His final laugh. Beach the remaining whales.

Klondike
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ben,

How did this, from the original reports:

"Robson subsequently took a landing party ashore the new island to explore. When the ship ended its journey and docked in New Orleans and Robson gave an account of his findings to a reporter from the Times Picayune. He described how they had uncovered crumbling remains of massive walls and recovered artefacts including "bronze swords, rings, mallets, carvings of heads and figures of birds and animals, and two vases or jars with fragments of bone, and one cranium almost entire … [and] what appeared to be a mummy enclosed in a stone case… encrusted with volcanic deposit so as to be scarcely distinguished from the rock itself".

Become this:

"Let`s see. The sword that Captain Robson found was orichalcum. Orichalcum was an alloy that was made by our ancestors in the Superstitions."

Thanks in advance,

Joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Joe,
If I may. Orichalcum is an ancient metal (only know about in writing, especially of the mythical island of Atlantis) that in later times was thought to be Chalcopyrite. Well I'm sure you've read the book on the Silver King as a lot of the ore has Chalcopyrite in it. See the connection?

In Numismatics (the collection/study of coins) Orichalcum is a Gold colored alloy used to make ancient Roman coins.

Some people have though Orichalcum to be a Gold/Copper alloy called Tumbaga. This alloy is harder than copper, and still retains the malleability of Gold.

What is funny is that according to Plato, Orichalcum was found and mined in many parts of Atlantis :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Thanks Randy,

I have been reading about Orichalcum for a number of years now, and have visited the Internet sites where you picked up the information you just posted, some time ago. I have a number of books on Atlantis as well as Plato's "Republic".

I believe I was asking Ben how a bronze sword became one made from Orichalcum. That seemed a reasonable question, considering there is no consensus on exactly what Orichalcum is.

Just wondering who decided the sword that Capt. Robson found was Orichalcum, and when that was first proffered. I believe the original report said it was bronze.

As I have mentioned to you before, history is often changed one word at a time. Until some evidence to the contrary is brought forward, I will stick with bronze.

Thanks again,

Joe
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Randy, Hello Joe,

Hope everyone there has a happy thanksgiving.

Anyway, newspaper accounts indicate that folks who saw the artifacts attested to their belief they were genuine. If this is of interest the papers in New Orleans and New York had reports to that effect.

Joe`s question about the sword is a reasonable one. Were the artifacts bronze or Orichalcum? Let`s first say if they were only bronze, copper and tin, perhaps subsequent events would have turned out different. Although I think they would have still been removed from circulation.

I could reference some personal material on the subject but my friends in New York might become a bit perturbed.

Instead you may find it interesting to review the results of an analysis done by Lawrence D. Hill. He seems to have done a lot of work in looking at the artifacts and concluded they were an alloy of copper and gold.

In fact what is not known is that the sword had a engraving that is just about identical to the circle in the mountain, that one finds copied on the Bilbrey Crosses, and has been observed in mines in the Superstitions, also a representation of the same information is on the Latin Heart.

The hat with the circle is Coronado Mesa.

Jacob had access to a number of mines in the Superstitions and had ore from mesothermal and epithermal desposits in large quantaties. He only had one Oz.

He also knew about the heart in little boulder canyon. It was a marker leading to Oz.

There were things under the heart, remember?

Klondike
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ben,

"The carving is observable on a least one photograph that is in the public area from a mine and is also indicated on the Latin heart and the bilrey crosses. I wouldn`t be so fast to dismiss those artifiacts, at least the information on them is correct."

I assume you are aware that the crosses were examined by professionals and found to be fraudulent.

Much like the Tucson artifacts (Calalus), the Latin Heart and the Bilbrey Crosses have similar problems when trying to match them to the era in which they were supposed to have been created. You have, obviously, been trying to inject Calalus into your story and the Superstition Mountains/LDM lore for a number of years now.

To be honest, I believe it will make a fine (fictional) read, backed up by historical "facts". I would be first in line to purchase a signed copy. I don't read much fiction anymore, but believe you could publish something interesting. I imagine you will include some Atlantis goodies to sweeten the pot.......so to speak.

Have a nice Thanksgiving.

Joe Ribaudo