LDM ore

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
CLD
Part Timer

LDM ore

Post by CLD »

Anyone care to weigh in on the topic of whether the LDM ore "concentrate" could have in fact been aurum utalium...commonly referred to as gold dust?
Shhh...........Ok now bite me!
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Aurum Utalium means "useful Gold". Any Gold that has been refined into dust, or bullion, or coins can be described with this term.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
CLD
Part Timer

umm huh?

Post by CLD »

Thank you for the education Randy?! A person can learn so much from snide comments. Just so I'm straightened out on the subject, can I or can I not refer to gold dust as aurum utalium...and be correct??? Going forward and barring the dutchman having stumbled upon gold bullion or coins do you think that it is possible he was washing or dry-washing "gold dust?" Ps. I just don't like the way Pulvis Aureus rolls off the tongue. Thanks Randy....buh bye
Shhh...........Ok now bite me!
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Excuse me? :evil: I was not being snide at all but seriously responding to your question. How am I to "assume" that you actually knew what Aurum Utalium actually meant?

No, I personally do NOT think Waltz was crushing up ore or "drywashing" ore at all. I think he was picking it from the vein by hand and selling the pieces of ore for whatever it was he needed at the time. Back then the merchants would take Gold in exchange for goods. It didn't have to be Aurum Utalium either.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari