help!

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
don
Part Timer

help!

Post by don »

im wondering if anyone on the forum can help. my pcs recently crashed utterly and completely and of course my favourite sites went with it.one particular site in question featured hikes directions not just in the superstitions but all over the southwest and contained galleries aplenty of photos taken by contributors etc. i know registration was required and i thought the site was called hike.com or hiking arizona or hike arizona or some such name.my search so far has been fruitless and im hoping someone on the forum might also use this site and perhaps could enlighten me. thanks
Thirsty
Greenhorn

Post by Thirsty »

don,

HikeArizona.com might be the site you're referring to. Its webmaster shut it down several weeks ago, apparently for good. It's too bad, since it was a terrific site.

A new site, Arizonahikers.com, is continuing the message board function of the earlier site, but I don't know if the hiking notes and pics will be available again.

Hope this helps
don
Part Timer

help

Post by don »

thirsty
thanks for your reply.i fear your correct and yes it was a marvelous site probabley the best ive seen on the subject. heres hoping the photos return.thanks once again
don
S.C.
Part Timer

Post by S.C. »

Yes. It is sad that HikeArizona.com went down.

It will be missed by many.
charlie
Part Timer

Post by charlie »

Don,

I have another feast for your eyes.

I would recommend that you visit TERRASERVER.COM on the net. Use a search engine and search for that name and use MICROSOFT as an additional term. That sight is a location to view aerial photographs or topographical maps within the United States.

Locate MESA as the town of interest. Select Mesa, Arizona in topographic image. Expand the conditions to largest view (1 pixel equals 64 meters) the large sized image and use the topographic view. Go west of Mesa, and look for Weaver's Needle. Focus in on just east of the needle.

Now you can switch between topographic and topographic images.

Enjoy the view. :wink:

CAUTION: :cry: Photgraphic images could appear in reverse image. Valleys appear as peaks and peaks as valleys. If printing any photgraphic image, print the topographic image too. The two images are fairly well linked and stream beds or trails appear to be bright white in the photographs.

The best magnification is 3 meters to 1 pixel.
Charlie
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Welcome

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

charlie,
Welcome to the forum. You have made some interesting and informative
posts. The terraserver site is a personal favorite of mine.
Joe
don
Part Timer

terraserver

Post by don »

thanks thirsty
that certainly some site .great stuff! im indebted to you
don