Jacob's Trail - The Legend of Jacob Waltz's Lost Dutchman

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
count
Expert

Jacob's Trail - The Legend of Jacob Waltz's Lost Dutchman

Post by count »

Jesse Feldman wrote a new book about the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine.
Jacob's Trail - The Legend of Jacob Waltz's Lost Dutchman Gold Mine

As a second generation Dutch Hunter, with almost twenty years on the trail of The Dutchman's lost mine, as his background, Feldman has drawn upon countless historical records, technical reports, interviews, and and unpublished handwritten manuscript (the Cox Notes), to develop a new and perhaps controversial explanation for this legend. While doing so, he has filled in many gaps in an historic puzzle that is the mystery of The Lost Dutchman Gold Mine.

Pre-sale for the book Jacob's Trail by Jesse James Feldman. Expected ship date is March 16, 2009

Book Price $25.00 + $4.00 S&H US

Order Now

Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

FINALLY!! :)

Seriously - looking forward to reading it and congrats on getting it finished and published Jesse.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

well, that explains lots of questions.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Cubfan64 wrote:FINALLY!! :)

Seriously - looking forward to reading it and congrats on getting it finished and published Jesse.
+1!! I really like the cover art too. Whoever created that did a great job!
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
CLD
Part Timer

Cover Art

Post by CLD »

Let the eye behold whatever it shall behold. The Spirit doth behold all things.
Shhh...........Ok now bite me!
Jesse J. Feldman
Part Timer

JACOB'S TRAIL IS HERE

Post by Jesse J. Feldman »

My new book, Jacob's Trail is out at Promak, Superstition Mountain Museum, and the Goldfield Museum. Pre-orders were sent today.

Thank You all,

Jesse
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

"Jacob's Trail"

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

I received my copy of "Jacob's Trail" today. I have not read it cover to cover, but was immediately drawn to the multiple pages dedicated to the "Silver Chief Mine". Jesse's book was exactly what I expected, well researched, well written and plenty of "new" stuff.

Considering all of the above, it was fairly surprising that he did not include a copy of the Silver Chief Mining Claim from Greg's claim files.
Reading that document certainly places some doubt as to the stated location.

The other thing that jumped out at me, was the absence of any mention of Adolph Ruth. He was a huge factor in flaming the interest in the LDM, and helping the legend grow.......to this point.

"Jacob's Trail" should create a lot of excitement in the Dutch Hunting community. It's obvious that Jesse is laying down his own trail here, and others will have a hard time keeping up. I can see some late night reading ahead of me and I am looking forward to it.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Mistake......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

"The other thing that jumped out at me, was the absence of any mention of Adolph Ruth. He was a huge factor in flaming the interest in the LDM, and helping the legend grow.......to this point."

My mistake! There are 17 pages concerning Adolph Ruth. I plead....
brain-fart. :oops: :roll:

Joe Ribaudo
klondike
Part Timer

"Jacob`s Trail"

Post by klondike »

Gentlemen,

I just got off a plane so hopefully some of this makes sense.

I was given a copy of Jacob`s Trail by a close friend and have to say I could not put it down until I finished it.

For what it is worth it is one of the best books I have read on the Superstitions and hopefully it will generate a lot of debate regarding supposed long standing truths surrounding the LDM.

Perhaps one of the truths that could stand an examination is the notion that Waltzer was involved with one mine in the Superstitions.

My opinions in this area are well known so I will not bore you with them.

I will share with you a comment made by Don Shade in his work, "Esperanza", where he relates a discussion with Bob Garman.

"Bob indicated that at a later time he had seen one of six specimens which was heavily laden with gold coloring.(specimens dug up at Jake`s old house by Rhiney, none of which looked alike). It would seem to me that if there were six very rich specimens and all of them were different, they each would have come from a different mine and would have been hand picked for richness. It this hypothese were true, you might have six clues to six different mines. I firmly believe that Bob was correct in indicating that the matrix was translucent chaceldony quartz in what he assumed to be "Dutchman ore" Page 135, "Esperanza".

If one can get beyound the paradigm Jack was involved in only one mine many gates may open.

Anyway a tip of the Hat to Mr. Feldman for a great read and it will go to the top of my bookshelf along with Don Shade`s effort, and Mr. Ely`s.

Have to say I was sadden to read there are probably no significant gold deposits in the Western Supersitions. Having said that there is one significant deposit(epithermal), in the area that had me confused.

Anyway good luck and happy trails to everyone.

Klondike
Cubfan64
Expert

Hello Klondike

Post by Cubfan64 »

I had a difficult time at first reading Jesse's new book. The first 1/4 had the feel of "bullet point" facts, was a little overwhelming and I had a hard time organizing it all in my head.

I'm not about 2/3 finished and am enjoying it much more! I can see now where the initial chapters were a "base" for what was to come later. Jesse did a good job of tying everything together later in the book and I'm glad I continued digesting it little bit little.

The amount of history he's delved into has been really wonderful - especially tying in as many of the military records as he was able to find.

I can say with certainty that this is a book I'll have to reread several times and take notes as I go along in order to put everything together, but there is definitely quite a bit of interesting (and new to me) information there!

Hope all's well with you.
SGnAZ
Greenhorn

Post by SGnAZ »

Cubfan,you have peaked my interest.I will head over to the museum to pick up a copy.
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

SGnAZ wrote:Cubfan,you have peaked my interest.I will head over to the museum to pick up a copy.
I think it's worth it to get yet a different perspective on things. Ever since hearing about Ron Feldman's permit exploration dig he did, my curiousity has been piqued concerning what Ted Cox had to say in his notes - Jesse added enough in his book to further my interest and presented it well imho.

Like I said, it's one of those books that I'll definitely be re-reading a number of times and I have no doubt I'll get more out of it each time.

Hope you enjoy it
klondike
Part Timer

The Superstitions

Post by klondike »

Hello Paul,

Things are going well here. We are just about finished re-constructing our past.

Yes I agree it is a great read and puts a lot of things in a different light.

From a Geological perspective a lot points to the eastern part of the Superstitions. In fact if I was looking for the LDM that is where I would look.

The western part of the range is a whole different matter. Not sure why anyone would look there. Of course there is a Caldera Complex that surfaces a bit under Black Top but one has to pretty much access it though a system of tunnels and caves that have long since been well destroyed.

One would find epithermal gold deposits in those caves with both epithermal and mesothermal quartz as part of the matrix. Just like the Dutchman Ore.

Seems someone stumbled in there years ago tilting a boulder that had been set up with a pivot point. Believe a local blew that entrance up. Probably a Republican.

Having said that I am sure there are a few back doors still available.

Well good luck to you and enjoy your trip to Arizona in October.

The more I think about it this is the best book I have had the pleasure the read about the LDM.

Klondike