Yellow Jackets

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
Cubfan64
Expert

Klondike - Drake Hotel...

Post by Cubfan64 »

On our way to Wisconsin for the Holidays (or on the way back) I'm going to see if I can convince the wife to stay an evening in the Drake Hotel in Chicago. With a little luck, I hope to get an opportunity to look at some old photos there. Not positive what I'm looking for, but perhaps something will catch my eye.

Any tips for making the stopover rewarding? Feel free to PM or e-mail me if you'd like.

We don't leave until the end of this week, but in case I forget to say it later, hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a pleasant start to 2009.

Paul
klondike
Part Timer

The Drake

Post by klondike »

Hello Paul,

Hope you enjoy your trip to Wisconsin.

The Drake is a fine old lady. A lot of class and the folks who run it are from a different time.

The Hotel was built I believe in the 20`s by the Drake Family.

Wonderful views of the lake and if the weather permits take a walk down to the amusement park. They have a very special ferris wheel.

Great pictures in the Hotel span the decades. Always like the picture of Princess Dianna and Marilyn Monroe commerating their stay there. Of course the pictures in the Cape Cod Rest. are well not to be believed.

Happy Holidays,

Klondike
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

merry chirstmas everyone
Ronne
Greenhorn

Post by Ronne »

PIPPINWHITEPAWS ~ AND A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ~ AND HOPING YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL, HAPPY, HEALTHY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.
RONNE AKA RON
Ronne
Greenhorn

Post by Ronne »

AND THAT GOES FOR EVERYONE ON THIS WEB SITE, GUESTS INCLUDED. YOU ALL DESERVE A NEW YEAR FILLED WITH ALL THE GOOD THINGS LIFE HAS TO OFFER.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
RONNE AKA RON
klondike
Part Timer

Ruth

Post by klondike »

Klondike
Cubfan64
Expert

Re: Ruth

Post by Cubfan64 »

klondike wrote:862
Klondike
Wonder how big they were??

Just for the fun of it, I'm gonna assume the following:

size = 2cm x 2cm x 10cm
Au content = 50% by weight (rest is Pb, Cu, Sn, Zn, Ag etc...)

volume of each = 40 cm3
assume density of each to be 14 g/cm3

weight of each = 560g
weight of Au in each = 280g

280g x 862 = 241,360g = 7,761 troy oz. of Au

7,761 troy oz. of Au x $941/troy oz = $7.3 million

I could live on that :)

Sorry I haven't been around much - couple weeks ago we had a layoff of 20% of our Analytical group. The 3 guys who work for me were let go and all I got to replace them were a few hours here and there from technicians who are "floating" in the department.

Needless to say I've been pulling 60-80 hour work weeks the last 2 weeks. I have time between tests and such to check the forums and post a little, but my home time is mostly spent eating and sleeping :(

I hope the economy turns around in the next year or so. At least I'm lucky enough to have kept my job - now I just need to keep my sanity.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Good Call!

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Paul,

That's a pretty good call. Looks like it all leads back to Harry LaFrance's cave of gold bars. I believe that cave was cleaned out sometime around 1965.

Hard to believe that Barkley and Adams went through that massive smokescreen to conceal something they would never find. Lots of that kind of deceit and intrigue took place in the Superstitions, and many of the books that have followed.

At least they were all in the general area.

You don't miss much.

Take care,

Joe
klondike
Part Timer

the mine

Post by klondike »

Hello Paul,

Sorry to hear of your grief at work. These are difficult times. Seems our Republican friends have made a mess of things.

Not surprising. The folks in Washington have lost all touch with reality.

The Republicans want to print money and give it to the rich, while the Democrats want to print money and give it the the rest. Oh well I guess it all evens out in the end.

Seems to me that leadership is more than printing money. Guess Madoff gets it all anyway.

The mine in question was as Eldorado tells us high up on the east side of W. Boulder Canyon. The Peralta`s stashed things in there, a lot of things. The stashing continued into this century but the mine never revealed its true secrets until Walter came along. He landed a lot of whales and saved the sacred.

Still things in there for the not so faint of hearted. A number of locals have labored there for what is rather worthless, gold.

What was important in the mine was the maps that took one to the vicinity of the sacred, a cave system in Black Top. As with the local`s LDM, this mine was only a beginning point to the mystery not the end.

You know the place where the bees await.

Keep in mind that finding something and getting paid for it are two different things.

Ruth found what he was looking for, as did the rest of the players.

Guess that mountain lion really made a mess of things.

Hope things go well with you.

Klondike
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

lol...

can't help but think of all the twisted ankles coming up soon...
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Sacred Places.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ben,

"The Peralta`s stashed things in there, a lot of things. The stashing continued into this century but the mine never revealed its true secrets until Walter came along. He landed a lot of whales and saved the sacred."

To place this story in order, you have to start with you, as Late49er, bringing your story to this Forum, to the museum and to me. It all turned out to be false, as you have never backed up a single claim, nor kept your word on a single promise you have made......that I know of.

You have been all over the map with this story, going from a simple tale to Calalus to the "sacred". I can't wait for the book to come out.

If, as you write, this whole thing is sacred and needs to be protected, why do you keep coming back and giving hints to it's location? Can you give a reasonable explanation as to why you would do that?

It's fairly obvious that you monitor the LDM sites and weave your fables around what is currently being discussed. If you had been honest with us from the start, which you were not, you might have stood a better chance at being believed now.........Not really!

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
klondike
Part Timer

The gold

Post by klondike »

Mr. Paws,

As long as folks keep looking for what they are familiar with the truth will simply sit right in front of them undetected.

For example the heart in Little Boulder Canyon leads somewhere but it must be illuminated at night to point in a certain direction. The tools to do that have always been right there. Even a well known skeptic has known this but has never been able to face the truth.

Being comfortable with one`s illusions prevents one from seeing that perhaps someone closest to you help create the illusion that kept you in one part of the range your entire life.

A real waste, but a necessary one.

Klondike
klondike
Part Timer

The Way

Post by klondike »

Mr. Ribaudo,

I remember when dad passed away, I had the opportunity to delve into some of his correspondence with a number of dutch hunters.

What impressed me the most was the realization by several of them that the closeness of holy sites in the Superstitions to mining operations was not just happenstance but a connection that reflected a fundamental underlying reality that some seem to understand and others did not.

One of them pointed out that mining had gone on far further into the past that anyone could imagine, identifying mining sites that had been discovered and hidden, and signs that could simply not be understood. Dad listened, knowing where it all went but hesitant to go down trails that would lead to scorn and ridicule.

I remember when one particular dutch hunter tried to impress dad with his geological knowledge of several ore specimens from the Superstitions. Dad simply went along and we all had a good laugh. One might say that quartz crystallization temperature discussions were never so funny.

He simply preferred to hint at the magnitude of what lay in those mountains. We on the other hand have been more direct.

If Dad had been treated better who knows. But now Oz lies under a well watered location.

You want proof. Within the covered Peralta Mine high up on the east side of West Boulder Canyon is a adit, that has 4 symbols that were inscribed over a thousand years ago. Those symbols can also be found on several of the artifacts that were discovered in Tucson.

The Heart is simply a gate it is not a end point, and we have simply cared for things that even you would find noble.

Simple enough.

Happy trails to you and yours.

Klondike
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

falsus in unum, falsus in omnibus......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

When you start with a falsehood, some kind of evidence of truthfulness is needed to overcome the resulting skepticism. That evidence has never been forthcoming.........from any of you.

Late was treated with respect and kindness when the story was first presented. I have the email's that passed between both sides. They show an acceptance, at face value, of Late's original story and offer of the artifacts.

As the years have passed, the story has been shown to be fiction, and the ensuing elaboration's have done nothing to instill confidence in any of the identities that have followed. That would include your's.

It would seem, if true, that you actually believe the sites need to be exposed rather than protected. If that's not the case, why do you continue to keep posting here? Why is Wake Forest not making the artifacts public? As far as I know, we have exposed more Sims Ely (personal) letters and documents to the public view than anyone..........ever.

If you ever had a letter, or book signed by Ely, let's see a copy of the signature pages. What secrets will be revealed by that? Until that happens, as Late promised, anyone who believes one word you write is a fool.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
klondike
Part Timer

The Way

Post by klondike »

Mr. Ribaudo,

What you believe or do not believe is obviously your choice. I can only say that several folks have been helped greatly from the hints that have been provided.

For example one searcher correctly understood the connection between:

"My mine is in the direction of the narrow Gorge", Jacob Walzer

"You can lead them to water but you cannot make them drink", Late 49er

What is being said is the particular location that Jacob was most concerned with is in a narrow gorge, not far from the Salt River. In the NW portion of the range.

Jacob was concerned most with this location because it was simply put the most important area in the entire range. Jacob was a sentinel, a first line of defense to its mystery.

The one he guarded his whole life.

One last comment about the mine mentioned in my previous post. The four symbols represent the Alpha, the Omega, the Last leader of Calalus, and a Starburst.

Directly across from these symbols the Peralta`s sketched a map to another mine.

That should start heads really rolling in the Superstitions.

You might want to spend more time trying to understand the truth than cursing what you do not understand.

Have to catch a plane home now. Long, long flight. Capetown is quite lovely right now.

Really enough has been said. You folks need to seperate the wheat from the chaft.

Having said that never doubt the existence of Oz. It underlies everything that has gone on in those mountains for over a thosand years.

Take Care,

Klondike
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Been There, Done That......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

"Really enough has been said. You folks need to seperate the wheat from the chaft."

If you mean, separate the wheat from the chaff.......I did that a few years ago. Beyond that, it has been fun seeing how far you will go with this farce.

"Having said that never doubt the existence of Oz. It underlies everything that has gone on in those mountains for over a thosand years."

Can you tell me who the sentinel was....750 years ago?

Have a nice trip.

Thanks,

Joe Ribaudo
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Mr. Ribaudo,

A great man once said that life is learning how to deal with loss. There has been far too much of that in the last few years.

Our associates in Mesa, Late, Eldorado, sometimes it really has been simply too much.

I think Late knew how sick he really was but Eldorado`s passing was not expected. Having said that I know when Late passed on Eldorado was never the same.

I have to say before all of this started I advised against it. I thought it was enough simply to relocate those items that were important to us and to flood Oz and simply let you folks continue in your illusion forever.

Late was however of the opinion that not only was our history important but your history was also. I tend to disagree.

Anyway events drove us to do what should have been done all along. Once that was accomplished it was a small matter to flood Oz, destroy the library, or to make it available to everyone.

Never underestimate the folks we were sparing with. They dug a lot of holes in Mailapi.

Now that Late`s son and his family are safe in South Africa, and Dog is there as his gatekeeper, I am free to care for a simple flower garden, Look after my friends and care for things that are sacred.

The Superstitions are a special place. Yes Plato`s dialogue describes much of the range perfectly, from Weaver`s Needle to the Salt River. Yes Coronado looked for Oz, Circlestone is the legacy and star map of the people of Calalus. Martin Heisner was a mining engineer with the Peralta`s and his wife is entombed in a covered Peralta Mine in the range. His diary is priceless.

The children of Calalus are still among you. I know a number of them well. You know a few also.

Many great men cared for Oz. All of it is true.

For over four years I have had the honor of posting for some of the finest men I have ever known in my life. They epitimize everything that is beautiful about the Range. Their predecessors did the same for over a thousand years.

Late was magnanimous. All he really wanted to do was share the beauty of those places with you folks. You should have cared for him as much as he cared for all of you.

Remember Joe I was very close to all of that. I know the truth.

God Bless and if you ever see an old dog in the range with either a Georgia Tech hat on or a Auburn hat with a few roses and appearing a bit lost I will be happy to shake your hand and share a campfire with you and maybe even share with you the name of several Gatekeepers who shaped your years in the range.

Ben
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Hi Ben :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
klondike
Part Timer

Oz, the rabbit hole, and the lady

Post by klondike »

Hello Randy,

Good to hear from you. Hope things are well with you and your family.

The last time I checked the items were still on the ledge.

Interesting how the legends of adventure in the Superstitions all speak about the same thing.

Believe our posting days here are about over.

Everyone going back into the woodwork.

Feel free to contact me through private channels.

Take Care,

Ben
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Closer Than Two Halves Of A Duck's Ass.........

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ben,

"Remember Joe I was very close to all of that. I know the truth."

As I believe you are all of the members of the Calalus team on this site, I believe you when you say you were close to the events that took place.

I saw both sides of the email's that were exchanged, and the first sign that anyone was not being treated with respect was a post from you stating that we.......meaning George, from the museum, had dropped the ball on getting the artifacts for local placement.

As it turns out, it seems unlikely that you ever had anything to begin with. Your story changed into what we have today, and the signed Sims Ely book and letters has become just another tall tale.

I asked for a copy of the signature.....nothing else that I can remember, it was promised and never sent. That has been your MO from the start.

Since you have posted to Randy in a familiar manner, perhaps he would like to chime-in and tell me where I am wrong about you and your Calalus story, not to mention the many other claims you have made over the last few years.

I will be happy to listen to anything Randy might have to say. If you would prefer that he not make a public statement, or he is uncomfortable with that, he can call me or send me an email.

One wonders why anyone would feel the need to go to South Africa to feel safe. It's not exactly a model of stability.

Tale care.

Joe Ribaudo
djui5
Expert

Re: Closer Than Two Halves Of A Duck's Ass.........

Post by djui5 »

Joe Ribaudo wrote: I will be happy to listen to anything Randy might have to say. If you would prefer that he not make a public statement, or he is uncomfortable with that, he can call me or send me an email.

Joe Ribaudo
Joe,
I was just saying hello to Ben. Need to call him soon. About your post, I personally know NOTHING more than anyone else on this forum knows. Its probable there are a couple people who know more about this than I do. Just wanted to clear the air there. I'm not "holding out" anything.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

On The Ledge.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

I have no doubt you are being truthful. Ben has always vacillated between highly intelligent observations and out of control flights of fantasy.
His posts as multiple identities seems like the ruminations of a man on the edge of reason. There have been times when his brilliance bordered on genius.........reminiscent of the blind bowman.

There have been many times that Ben has written things that he and the person he is referring to both know is completely made up. I have been the target of those kind of comments on a few occasions. The fact that Ben knows he is injecting us into his made up stories and has to be aware that we know it's all fantasy, is a little odd. Does he actually believe what he is writing........like Calalus?

I have talked to Ben, and was impressed with his intelligent, sincere demeanor. He was convincing. Too much has transpired which has exposed the fact that he is acting, or in another world.....mentally. This is an example of his game:

"The last time I checked the items were still on the ledge."

The statement is addressed to you, Randy. Most would read that and believe that you know what is on that ledge.

You replied to me:

"I was just saying hello to Ben. Need to call him soon. About your post, I personally know NOTHING more than anyone else on this forum knows. Its probable there are a couple people who know more about this than I do. Just wanted to clear the air there. I'm not "holding out" anything."

I believe you, which means that Ben is playing his game to the end. To think that you once left a site because you didn't want to be associated with some of the crazy people who posted on it. Consider the number of people who are members of this site, and the number who actually post. Many of them are pretty crazy, perhaps even me. Now consider the number of people who are members of TN. How many posts, and how many seem to be somewhat crazy. If you go with percentages, and apply the same logic, you would have left this conversation long ago.

Just some personal observations, which could be all wrong.

Take care,

Joe
klondike
Part Timer

The Way

Post by klondike »

Hello Randy,

Sorry to get you involved in all of this. In the past I was always posting for someone else. A least I never posted for a family pet. Have to say though Heidi had some of the more intelligent posts I have read here.

Mr. Ribaudo,

Thanks for the kind words. Perhaps you would do better to just let it go.

You have Little Boulder Canyon, the Heart, and your local friends you can spare with over the location of the Apache holy places and Peralta Mining Operations(LDM), not LDM 1. Surely that is enough.

The Amerindians know of places in those mountains that the white man cannot see unless they are shown. We know of places none of you can see. It was a mistake to ever try to show them to you.

The wisom of AIN-WE-GOPH on the mountain of mystery is something to consider. The foundation of that story goes back many, many years.

Early on you should have spent more time trying to understand the gifts that were being brought to you folks instead of trying to buy them. We do not sale the sacred. You on the other hand were willing to buy them along with others. Pitiful.

South Africa is a beautiful and troubled land. Good place for things to stay safe for another thousand years.

Take Care and Goodbye,

Ben
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Letting Go.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ben,

I don't really have a problem sparing with you, in any of the identities you have used. It's been fun. There are a few people who have had a hard time letting go of the fact that I used my dog's name for a short time. If that's the worst crime they can hang on me, I can live with it.

It has always bothered some people that I am friends with many of the most knowledgeable Dutch Hunters on the planet. Some of those little people have told my friends lies in an effort to cause trouble. It has worked in a few cases, but seldom for long. Your own efforts have been duly noted and filed away with the rest of the trash.

For you to tell me anything about those Pima legends, or the Superstition Mountains, that I don't already know, it takes pure fiction which you have fabricated in your own mind. Ain-We-Goph-On is an interesting addition to your stories. I do wonder where you think it is.

"The Amerindians know of places in those mountains that the white man cannot see unless they are shown. We know of places none of you can see. It was a mistake to ever try to show them to you.

I don't believe you have ever tried to show me any places in the Superstitions. All of the sites you posted are well know to the old timers, including your garden. I believe I was the first to post a picture. When you say "we", are you saying you are an American Indian or, more specifically, Pima or Apache?

"Early on you should have spent more time trying to understand the gifts that were being brought to you folks instead of trying to buy them. We do not sale the sacred. You on the other hand were willing to buy them along with others. Pitiful."

"Early on", you did not make it clear what you were trying to do. I still have the email's we exchanged. To be honest, it appeared all along that you were really after money. Thinking that was the case, I did offer to pay for the non-existent artifacts. When you start out being dishonest, it should come as no surprise when folks have a hard time understanding your intentions.

I have nothing against you and have no hard feelings about what you have tried to do here. You have just been another bowman with a smoother delivery of your story. Problem is, I am in the habit
Of calling a spade a spade. Some people find that heavy-handed honesty personally insulting. Not my intention at all, but it's a bit late to change my personality.

If this is really "goodbye", I wish you well.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
CLD
Part Timer

the fray

Post by CLD »

Didn't you know Joe...Ben is a mothman. 8O
Shhh...........Ok now bite me!