Boycott Joe!

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.

Should we boycott Joe?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 9

critter
Part Timer
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Boycott Joe!

Post by critter »

Let's face it, Joe is a confrontational, overbearing, miserable fuck of a man. He has shown us again and again how he can disrupt the flow of a topic and completely derail any attempts at civility in this forum. He seems to thrive on conflict and destruction. He always insists on facts and references yet seldom provides any of his own, and then when these are provided he responds with insults and personal attacks. We've all seen it over and over again. What's more is that the administrators actually seem to condone his behavior by applying the stated forum rules less strictly on him.

In response to this anathema I propose a boycott of Joe. The tactic is simple; we simply don't acknowledge his presence on the forum by not responding directly to his posts. Who knows, if it is effective he may finally find a forum for alcoholic republicans with no visible signs of life.

Just a thought, over to you...

Cheers,

Critter
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Good Idea.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

critter,

That's such a wonderful idea, that I want to be the first to endorse it. A boycott of three should be the second biggest event of your life. Better yet, maybe you should make a clean break and take a trip back to yahooka.com. It should be obvious, even to confused pot-heads, like yourselves, that I am the most important thing to all three of you. I do seem to be the focus of the vast majority of your posts.

Perhaps you should try posting something relavant to the LDM and the Superstiitions. Sorry, I forgot.......you know nothing about those subjects, which is why you focus on me. If you boycott me, you will have absolutely nothing to say.

I realize you guys will miss the humor in my continuing dialog with you, but that's what makes it so damn funny. :lol:

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Snapped

Post by lazarus »

Critter,
Joe is spent. He has shot his load. He has twisted and twisted until he snapped.

"I am the most important thing to all three of you." he says. Wow! Poor delusional Joe. Maybe someday he'll return to his senses, at least long enough to explain to us the Stone Maps. Without him, whatever will we do?

I invited Joe to go hiking with me when he feels better. Although, I won't be allowing him to carry anything other than a small bottle of water and a bag of peanuts. It just wouldn't be prudent. No handgun or GPS. No cell phone, or ATV. No steaks or pie. Just me and Joe and a bag of peanuts.

I'm still awaiting his reply.

In the meantime, there are others out there that would love to contribute to the forum, but are afraid someone might ridicule them. Sadly, I can't promise them someone won't.

Laz
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The Three Stooges......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

critter,

You boys should take your act on the road, it's really been a laugh a minute. :lol:

Your boycott is is gathering steam and popular support, at a rapid pace. Now that Brad has joined the team, you only need to convince pip to get on board to reach the fab three threshold. As things stand right now I am going to vote for the boycott, praying that both you and Brad will see the effort through.

Nothing would give me more pleasure than to have the two of you no longer posting anything to me, or about me. I know that last part is an impossible dream, because you would have to go back to yahooka.com in order to make yourselves feel there is some relevance and meaning to your miserable existence......Beyond Joe Ribaudo, of course. :roll:

As long as you kept your stupidity confined to the proper forums, I had no complaint. As soon as you took that extra hit, and decided to expand your universe, I was forced to complain to the Webmaster.......Joe. Brad coming to the brilliant conclusion that I am the Webmaster, was the ultimate joke......Positively brilliant. :lol:

critter
just me

g,day stonie and budhead.

we are all our own worst enemy,lol.

puff puff pass.

This is the kind of thing that showcases your high intelligence. You should stick with what you know best.

Joe Ribaudo
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

howdy laz...i guess you hit the nail on the head...quite a response from the house don't you think?

even deleted the post i made in that thread, and all i said:' wasn't that educational...'

whew...what an authority....lol
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

...poor weavers needle is backwards to the map.oops, wrong profile..duh....and i never heard/read one clue that said face west

i guess that mine is so sneakie one has to come up on it from ambush.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

people who censor one's thoughts, will burn books...people who burn book, will also burn people....

thats a paraphrase folks.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

One Hold Out........

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

pip,

The reason you have to post your attacks over here on the LDM Forum, is because Peter's site gave you a spanking when you tried it over there. Do you see a pattern developing????

If any of you could stick to talking about the LDM and the Superstition Mountains, you wouldn't need to be censored. 8O There is a time and a place for almost everything. As soon as you figure that out, you will have no problem posting your........thoughts?

As for Weaver's Needle, and clues, if you knew anything about the subject, you would be posting over there instead of here. The same goes for the rest of the three stooges. I will be happy to match my contributions to this Forum against the three of you.....combined, any time. I know it irks some people to have their pearls of wisdom questioned, or to be asked for sources for their historical "facts", but that's something that any schoolboy should be accustomed to. Something tells me that your professors do that to you on a regular basis. Is that why you fly off the handle when it happens here?

The reason the three of you are constantly attacking me, is because you have nothing else to offer this Forum. Prove me wrong. :wink:

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Joe is shit

Post by lazarus »

Joe,

I already did. You've already been proven wrong, shit for brains.

And everyone agrees.

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Pip

Post by lazarus »

Pip,

I don't think Joe actually has a clue what he is doing. That's why he never strays far from camp. I knew he would ignore my challenge to go hiking with me. He can't do it, and he knows damn well he'd humiliate himself beyond repair. He's a fraud.

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Joe is a Fraud

Post by lazarus »

Pip,

you are so right. Using that photo and that map, one would indeed need to sneak up on the mine. The needle should be somewhere around ten O'clock, not three O'clock.

If we are to believe the mine sits along the ledge near the center, that puts the needle somewhat west of the mine, which does not fit.

As I stated, the needle on the drawing is maybe two hundred yards southwest of the pit. Climb up out of the pit and look southeast, and there's the needle you're looking for... right where Jake said it would be.

I know for a fact Joe doesn't know what he's doing because I tested his skills at the first and second rendezvous, and he had none. He cannot read the markers, he cannot follow directions. He's a fraud.

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Gunsigt

Post by lazarus »

Oh,
and as I stated...

Joe is the first person I have ever met who could mistake a saddle for a gunsight.

Bard
lazarus
Expert

Bard

Post by lazarus »

Wow!

I can't even spell my own name right this morning.

Brad
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Twisting The Facts.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

Since I have been accused of being a "fraud", it seem appropriate to explain what fraud is, when it is not being use in the "legal" sense. For our purposes, it would mean deliberate misrepresentation.

Below you will find an excellent example of deliberate misrepresentation being used to prove something that is a fraud from the beginning:

"Did I mention I found a third photo of the structure? It's much like the first photo, but closer and from a slightly different angle.

The interesting thing about this photo is that the only structures visible in the photo are the chapel facade and the building right behind it.

There is no runway in the foreground however. That's right... No runway, and no sign of the airport. This one photo destroys your contention that the chapel facade was built along the runway.

Something else may have happened there, but your 'built along the runway' story is obviously bunk.

You may have read correctly, but what you read has now been dis-proven. Check the photo for yourself."

The two pictures are of the same facade. I have a letter from Sky Harbor's historical representitive explaining when, how and why the mission facade was built. That is what researching a false premise is all about. The claim that the facade was built prior to the existence of the runway, is false......or fraudulent. Because the picture is up close or cropped to exclude the runway, is not proof the the runway was not there when the picture was taken.

Joe Ribaudo

Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Twisting The Facts.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

This is Brad's proof: You can compare the two for yourself. I believe both pictures were taken at the same time, likely the same day.

Joe Ribaudo

pippinwhitepaws
Expert

http://azmemory.lib.az.us/cdm4/item_vie ... OX=1&REC=4

clearly the two photos were not taken at the same period...the DC-3 places the one photo at 1935 +...first flight dc-3 December 1935...also the photo with the aircraft has a rather noticeable radio antenna that is absent in the second photo...no flagpole either....
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Nice Catch......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

pip,

That's very observant. Nice to know you are still able to pay attention to what's going on.

The pictures could very well have been taken in the same time period, but it seems obvious they weren't taken the same day. None of that has any real relevance to what was being discussed.

The "Sky Harbor Mission" subject was brought up in Stone Maps Topic. To see just how crazy it became, you need only read the posts.
If that's the horse you want to ride.........Nothing really surprises me at this point.

The "Sky Harbor Mission" was one of Brad's pipe dreams and he has not awakened yet. Can't wait for him to expound on the "Kino glasses" again.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

ho hum

Post by lazarus »

Poor pitiful Joe.

Now lets see if can Joe can convince the Latin heritage foundation that there was never a mission there.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

i agree...
he posts two photos to embarrass someone else...' taken within hours of each other'...and oops..instant karma...

i posted a photo that showed the runway laid out next to the white building...angle of the shot does not show the 'mission'...

then he changes his story like any tweaker...

for someone who has 'studied' the dutchman since his was thirteen...well...

the chump and his crowd of know it all ignore the most important fact...why was the mine never legally located in the age of mining?
simple thing to locate a mine...then the material is legal.

it is my belief that people like joe harassed the poor old man to death...

hubris
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Confused School Boy........

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Good morning pip,

"i posted a photo that showed the runway laid out next to the white building...angle of the shot does not show the 'mission'...

then he changes his story like any tweaker..."

Are you quoting someone here, or is this just pre-coffee ramblings?

Is your school work suffering over your obsessive attacks here? :lol: No wonder you are still in school.........No focus!

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

wow...punkassjoe is amazing..he keeps coming into conversations which are clearly not welcoming him...and calls others obsessive...lol

go tell lies to tourists who believe the garbage you print as gospel
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

It's All About Joe.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Good evening pip,

Since the entire topic is about "Joe Ribaudo", who better to speak on the subject? As long as you mental giants keep talking about me, I will keep rattling your cages.

My guess is that you have posted more times about Joe Ribaudo, than any other subject. Looking at only the first page of the topics on the LDM Forum, it becomes painfully obvious that you have nothing to say about the LDM or.........just about anything that actually relates to the Superstition Mountains.

It's also painfully obvious that no one......no one, is really interested in what you have to say. I take that back, when you are talking about your favorite subject, Joe Ribaudo, you have two fans who think you are just the greatest. On the other hand, I have tried to encourage your efforts by participating in the two (2) topics you started.

It's hard to believe you are attending NAU. Are you majoring in Sanitation Engineering? From what I have seen here, that would be a lofty goal indeed. You are the little boy whistling in the dark, but no one is listening to your sour tune.

If you think the Webmaster here is unfair, why don't you just try your little boy games over on Peter's site? He is not even close to bias on my behalf, but I would bet he would bounce your ignorant ass off so fast your shoes would be left behind. This is the last sanctuary for the three stooges. Once this place is gone.......reality sets back in again.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Jabbering Joe

Post by lazarus »

Joe,

you have been rambling senselessly for weeks now. You haven't posted a meaningful rebuttal in even longer.

You talk smack about Pip, but I see you match him post for post. I hate to burst your bubble, but nobody cares what you have to say. You shot your wad.

I don't know why you keep bringing up Peter's site. This isn't Peter's site. You are not obligated to read our posts but as long as you do, you should expect more of the same. No-one is forcing you. You obviously enjoy your little game.

Let it be noted...
Joe has insulted every sanitation worker in America. He has demeaned their contributions to the community and to the work force.

Maybe Joe would rather dump his trash in the desert and shit where he sleeps. I know his motor home didn't smell very sanitary.
lazarus
Expert

Mission Accomplished

Post by lazarus »

Joe,

I love the photo, but I haven't had my coffee yet, so I am still a tad slow.

For starters, the reason the angle of the photo doesn't show the mission is because that isn't the right angle or the right building.

I'm not going to harp on this, as it's an honest mistake on your part, but the photo faces East. Notice 'A' Mountain ( the butte at ASU) in the background. Notice Tempe butte, to the right of 'A' Butte, (far right). That means the street on the left side of the photo runs east and west (Air Lane). The street at the bottom of the photo is 24th street, which runs north and south. Since the building we are looking for still sits over on Air Lane, facing north and south, the building in the photo cannot be our building.

No question about it...
that most certainly looks like our building, but it isn't. I would have been fooled too if I didn't live five minutes from there.

Now look half way down Air Lane, the street on the left side. You'll notice a building popping up through the palms. You'll also notice palms in the other photos, but in this photo, there are no palms near the structure along 24th street.

That's our building, barely visible through the palms half way down Air Lane (Jackson at the time).

You've got the runway running north and south, and running the same direction the building is facing, rather than along the fence line, both incorrect. As is clearly obvious in the new photo, there is still no runway along Air Lane.

According to my research, the 'original' structure was washed away by a flood of the Salt River, also visible in the background of the new photo.

The Mission was called something along the lines of "Our Lady Magdalena of the Rio Salado", although this may be at least partially incorrect. Some portions of the adobe structure remained for many years, including a partially collapsed bell tower.

The site is along a very old river trail that terminated at what is now called the Tempe Bridge (the Hayden's Ferry crossing). It's proximity to water would have been a necessity, to say the least. This would have been a very predictable location for a small mission.

Here is where I start guessing. I suspect when the new runway was built, the remaining debris was removed from site, and someone came up with the novel idea of building a wedding chapel, probably, at least partially from the remaining debris. The bell tower from the photos is long gone, replaced by a small, simple arch, supporting the badly damaged bell.

Joe,
it is not a crime to be wrong. You have done no damage to your reputation as a result of being wrong. It's human. Indeed, without your help, I doubt I would have ever learned a thing about the chapel. Along the way, I made multiple errors before I sorted it all out.

However, your stupid, half baked jabs make you appear ignorant, vindictive, and spiteful. You have no idea what research I have done or not done. you have no understanding of why I might be interested in bells or missions. You're just talking senseless smack.

Just like with the so called 'Kino Shades'. Much like yourself, I scoffed at the idea, wrongly assuming they were fictional, only to learn later that such devices date back thousands of years, and were employed precisely in the manner suggested. The glasses accomplished crude color cancellation, which was believed to assist in bringing out subtle features.

You keep bringing it back in attempt to make me look bad, but it doesn't make me look bad at all. You keep pecking away with some absurd 'gotcha' mentality that as Pip pointed out, keeps backfiring in your face.

It's not pretty, Joe.
You aren't doing yourself any favors.

Laz
lazarus
Expert

Chapel

Post by lazarus »

Joe,

Please let up on the chapel unless you insist on being further humiliated by your own remarks. The question of whether or not there was once a mission at the site has already been answered. I can pinpoint the precise corners of the original structure, right down to the square footage of the building. The tower in the photos was indeed a remnant of the original chapel. The walls were several feet thick. The front doorway faced north toward what is now the back of the current structure. The grassy area behind the chain link fence is where the chapel stood. From our POV, we are looking out the front door, rather than inward.

I'm not sure you have ever played poker, but you must know I'm holding back something by the size of my bet. I am far from showing my full hand. I suggest you fold and walk away while you can still feign some dignity.

Laz