2007 Rendezvous

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
lazarus
Expert

Guys

Post by lazarus »

I don't know what happened, but my post vanished.

I was saying I have a great deal of experience with printing t-shirts.
I have taken a loss once or twice myself, and I suspect I am probably well suited for the task.

I can work with my assistant, who happens to be a graphic artist, and I can run all ideas past you guys by posting photos on the Members Archive.

Brad
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Trust

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Brad,

It's been my experience that honest people are the most trusting....at first. As they age, suspicion raises its ugly head on a regular basis. Guy can only afford so many empty bags, shirts and cups laying around the ranch. :lol:

You won't have to wait long for my money. Just me know. Sounds like you are the perfect man for the job. I admit, I had no clue what I was doing. :?

Joe,

I considered sending you a personal message about that post, but see there was no need. Nice work.

Good luck,

Joe
lazarus
Expert

T-Shirts

Post by lazarus »

Joe,
people usually mean well, but simply don't follow through. You got it done, and a job well done indeed!

Gloria and I may lose our shorts on these shirts, but it'll be fun.

Brad
TJHunter
Greenhorn

Post by TJHunter »

If anything you ( TJHUNTER ) said in your post about grudges and people being made at each other has anything to do with what has happend between you and me, let me assure you I am over it and hold no grudges. I will be attending this years gathering, at least for one evening. If you are there and I see you, I will extend my hand, if you decline that is up to you.

I wasn't going to attend this years event now I wouldn't miss it for the world!

Yes, I'm going to be there.

I'll bring absolutely nothing of value to the event. I had a run in a few years back with a fellow from that Dutchhunter team and he attempted to steal my information from me (After telling his boss I had nothing of value) so I won't bring anything at all with me. Except maybe my new book about Spanish Signs Decoded.

I'll see you there.

TJ
lazarus
Expert

Welcome

Post by lazarus »

TJ,

good for you.
See ya there!

Laz
(Brad)
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Lost Shorts????

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Brad,

"Gloria and I may lose our shorts on these shirts, but it'll be fun."

In that case, please just send Gloria and you hang out......so to speak, at home. :lol:

Joe
lazarus
Expert

Shorts

Post by lazarus »

I had to think about that one for a moment, and thinking hasn't been all that easy lately.

I'll try to keep my shorts on.

B.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Rendezvous Rules:

1) Everyone is welcome

2) Everyone have fun

3) Brad must keep his shorts on
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
TJHunter
Greenhorn

Post by TJHunter »

I thought the Lost Ducthman Rendezvous was a Nudist Gathering?

I'm sorry but I invited many nudist women to the event.

I'll call and cancel.

Sorry,

TJ
lazarus
Expert

Never Mind

Post by lazarus »

My wife and I have decide not to attend this year, as we have no desire to be around Joe.

Laz,

Brad
NeedleMan
Greenhorn

Post by NeedleMan »

I don't blame ya laz or Brad.

From what I've heard this "Joe" guy your referring to is a real nut bag.
Who is he anyway and why is he involved in this "Lost Dutchman Rendezvous and Fun Park Gathering?". My wife and I were thinking of going too and take our three children. From what you've said it looks like no one wants to be around this guy and I sure don't want my children around that sort of angry situation. Why is he going to be there?
Can't anyone stop him from going there so decent people and there children can go? I haven't posted until now but I feel since others are saying something I should speak up.

Bobby S.
NeedleMan
Greenhorn

Post by NeedleMan »

Joe,

After doing a little investigating on this site I want to apologize to Joe for jumping to conclusions about the reasons for Brad (Laz) bad mouthing him and not attending the Rendezvous. I can plainly see now that it's a cross over fight from the first amendment forum.
Actually, I commend Joe for taking on the Luny Left Nutters and losers like Brad and Randy, TCaskey and Critter, on the First Amendment Forum and coming out a winner just like we all will in Iraq.
I jumped to conclusions and I'm sorry for it. I think it would be an honor to meet Joe at the gathering this Oct and can see now my children are perfectly safe there around him. I believe it would be the other characters I mentioned earlier in this post that would pose a threat at the Rendezvous.
Liberals and Luny's can't be trusted around children as they have no morals. Yet they preach like they're the Pope.

Bobby
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

None Needed

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Bobby,

No need to apologize, as I seldom look good at first glance. On the other hand, a number of people will swear I don't wear any better with time. 8O

You have mistakenly included Terry Askey in your short list. I don't believe he is part of that group. No doubt he will correct me if I am wrong.

As for the Rendezvous, I reckon I have as much right to show up there as anyone else. I would love to see someone else bring their wife....as well as their kids. I can't imagine any memory that would last in a young persons mind, like setting around a campfire with mom and dad and listening to tales of treasure.

We have other forums for name calling....etc. This one went that direction a long time ago and is still recovering from the results. I would assume that the webmaster will remove or move your first post. You could request that yourself.

I will not be "angry" at the Rendezvous. Actually I will be very happy, as I assume I will have one or two friends attending. By all means bring the family. Our bathroom will be available for the ladies if they want to use it.

Hope to see you there.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

NeedleMan wrote: Actually, I commend Joe for taking on the Luny Left Nutters and losers like Brad and Randy

Bobby

Hey now, that's a little uncalled for. We all have different views my friend.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Randys a good guy and one should never be faulted for what they believe in regardless. I will ask his wife, but I am quite confident he has both left and right nutters intact.

Looney? Anyone who would listen to my suggestions such as "Don't worry, theres nothing in that hole, just climb in. I'll be right here." has got something loose upstairs.

Never thought of asking for his voters registration card or checking if he was an organ donor. Such things don't really matter to me.

Brads a good guy as well. I probably spent more time talking with Brad than anyone last year, reliving those younger daze.......You two will be missed this year.

Anyways, the world keeps on turning and I got to keep my feet on the ground.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Howard at the Quarter Circle U site will have the ranch open to us on Friday. He is expecting a shipment of cattle in as well, so it should be a real treat for anyone looking to go down the road on Friday the 26th.

Randy has done a lot of phone work getting those all important little things in order. He deserves a big thank you from everyone for all the time and effort he has put in.

I have invited some representatives from the Arizona Rangers to attend as well. Hopefully they will share some of the history and background of their organization. I will bring a list of the Rangers who they are trying to locate to recognize their contributions to Law enforcement at graveside services.

What I hope of this year is we can build on something that will bring in those who can offer us the most at the campfire in years to come. Roger had great ideas, but it is something we need to build to. I have made phone calls and emailed everyone who is hesitant to encourage them to attend. The positives of attending really outweigh any and all negatives.

We should have quite the mix of campers and day visitors, if you like to share there will be a good audience, if you like to listen there will be plenty said. I pity Greg and the hundreds of hours of tape he will have to listen to after all is said and done.

I am hoping to roll in this Sunday for another look see around and a little clean up. We should do a more thorough job just prior to the rendezvous.

116 years after Jacob Waltz passed away we will be all pulling in for a weekend of good times. I think it was an excellent choice of dates (Kevin suggested that I am told) and I will bring along with a collection of maps (The usual bunch and some more obscure ones as well) and hope to have a board posted with pictures of those Dutch Hunters long passed as a tribute in remembrance of them.

Additionally Greg Davis has arranged a possible hike for Saturday to take a group of interested hikers to the pictoglyph site and mine at the base of the Dacite Cliffs. He will show them where Camp Carney was located and Carney Springs. After that, for the ones who want, He will take them to the Indian Cave and the Upper Dacite Mines. For those who do not want to make the big hike to the Upper Dacite Mines, He will point out the route to the Lower Dacite Mine tunnel for them to explore or they are welcome to return to camp. Be sure to bring a flashlight. If you are in the group going to the Lower Dacite Mine site, Greg suggested that you bring along some type of head and face protection like netting. This is to protect yourself from the bats. It will take most of the day to see everything so they will have to leave the Dons Camp early Saturday morning. This hike is not set in concrete and is open to options.
JIM HAMRICK
Part Timer

2007 Rendezvous

Post by JIM HAMRICK »

It seems that we are at it again on the eve of another rendezvous so why do we bad mouth any participant? All those gathering this year have their thoughts about what is real and what is not. I have my own ideas but I don't put down other peoples beliefs as I like to be exposed to all threads to the story.

If I am able to attend this years event I look forward to saying hello to Joe Ribaudo because at last years meet I was welcomed into his camp and found him to be an affable person.

jim hamrick
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Looking Forward.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Jim,

Many thanks for the kind words.

We are certainly looking forward to seeing you again as well. Many folks are surprised when they meet other members in person. In your case, I expected to meet a perfect gentleman and that's exactly what happened.

We will set up a nice camp and it will be open to everyone who attends. We will have plenty of coffee in the mornings and probably have something for eats. :)

Take care,

Joe
NeedleMan
Greenhorn

Post by NeedleMan »

I have invited some representatives from the Arizona Rangers to attend as well.
That does it for me.

I'm not going to attend and this is why. A gathering is not a gathering if Cops are there.
Don't get me wrong, I like and endorse Law Enforcement. I just do think it has any place at a camping grounds for Lost Dutchman Mine Treasure Hunters. I don't need no Marshall Dillan's a looking for lost Rangers at my camp site.

It was nice chatting with all of you for what it's worth.

Good by and God Bless,

I hope you all have fun at the Arizona Rangers Rendezvous.

Bobby
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

The Arizona Rangers are a historical group made up of volunteers who do research and honor those who served as Arizona Rangers at the turn of the century. Here is their web link:

http://www.azrangers.org/

Good folks who enjoy horseback riding, camping and promote the legacy of the old west.

The list of Rangers they are trying to locate is on the website. I was present at the dedication of Ranger Eperson at the Prescott pioneers cemetery and his grand daughter was kind enough to pass along a picture of him.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Arizona Rangers

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Bobby,

I believe you have the wrong idea about the current Arizona Rangers, but understand your not wanting to attend the Rendezvous. Maybe next year.

For anyone wanting more information about this historic organization, you can visit this site: http://www.azrangers.us/

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Overlaping Posts.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

Didn't mean to step on your post. :lol: As I hit the submit tab, my little alert dog started barking.

Seems like a great addition to the Rendezvous. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Take care,

Joe
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

No problem. Randy and I have worked hard on adding lots of flavor to the Rendevous. Chances are you may never know the story behind the person next to you, but for those who take those chances it should be a potpourri of the history of Arizona this year.

During a crappy time in my life I almost got away for a few minutes here and there. This year I plan to just chill and enjoy.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Friday Night Stew......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

I will be making stew with garlic toast for Friday night. If anyone wants to have a meal with us, please let me know. If you don't want to make a public announcement that you are coming, feel free to send me an email, private message or give me a call.

Stew is easy to keep on the fire and you can have it whenever you get in.
Makes it a little easier to just come in, set up camp and have a hot meal already done.

See you there,

Joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Save me a serving please!
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari