2007 Rendezvous

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
zentull
Expert

2007 Rendezvous

Post by zentull »

The dates for the 2007 Redezvous are confirmed for October 26-28 at the Dons camp in the Superstition Mountains.

It is not necessary to contact anyone if you are attending. Everyone is welcome and the site offers ample room for everyone. There is no electricity or water at the camp. The road to the area is improved dirt and well maintained.

We will be coordinating on who this years guests may be and will confirm them beforehand. The only change overall will be that everyone will be welcomed to a campfire each evening at the main ramada after supper. There we can all share and give our guests a chance to speak with us all.

As soon as other plans are confirmed we will announce them in this thread.

A huge thank you again to Greg Davis and the Dons club for getting things started and making this event possible

We will get a site map and directions posted for everyone. Please contact me if you have any other questions.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Here is a picture of the Don's camp site with suggested camping areas highlighted in blue (from last year). There will be people there, myself included, familiar with the area to assist everyone with finding a comfortable camp site. There is plenty of flat land for campers/etc, so bring what you need.

Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

2007 Rendezvous

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne, Randy and Greg,

Really glad to see the three of you taking charge of this years Rendezvous. It was painfully clear that I was too much of a lightning rod to make it into the great event that it could become.

Making it clear that EVERYONE is welcome is a good idea. No matter how many times I tried to do that last year......it just didn't sink in for some folks.

A number of people have asked me about this years event. Here is what I can say, from my end of it: I will be there and will set up the same type of camp as last year. Everyone will be welcome to take a seat in my camp and I will, once again, offer my hand to everyone who comes in range. My camp will not be the Dutch Hunters' Rendezvous main camp, as it was last year.

Along with everyone else (I trust) I will be sitting around the fire in the Big Ramada. I assume that EVERYONE will be welcome there this year.
From what I understand, that will be the Official Dutch Hunters' Rendezvous camp meeting place......just as it should be.

Anyone who would like to share a breakfast or dinner at my campsite, will be welcome. Let me know, and I will be happy to make enough for you.

I hope that old fights can be left behind this year. I believe it's been a two-way street, but I will not carry old grudges into the Rendezvous.

At this time, none of my family want to return. October is a long ways away, so I hope to change some minds. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones.

Once again, MANY....MANY THANKS!

Take care,

Joe
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Everyone,

In order to respect the privacy and wishes of all attendees, guests and visitors, I will only post concerning those who have given permission to do so. As much as it would draw a number of people to see a who?s who list and raise expectations, some people may feel more comfortable in simply taking some time to visit at an evening campfire than be the center of attention. As we will only have two evening campfires and the Saturday night campfire would be most likely the center of attraction, scheduling too much of a good thing could seem rushed and not allow everyone ample time.

I do understand the need for time with our friends and family who make the trip and the Ramada has ample room for a large number of folks at all times. It should not be hard to find the balance in enjoying in each others company in both respects.

Randy was kind enough to post a map of the camp area. As mentioned before there is no water or electricity at the site. Fires must in designated fire rings at the site. We must all remember as well that we need to haul all trash we bring in off the site. The Dons club for 2 years now have asked little in return for our use of the Base camp and we should be respectful of the property in consideration of the years ahead.

As far as hikes are concerned it would appear with the various ideas that it would be best that those interested in leading those hikes post the date/time at the main Ramada. Hopefully we will have a few varied and interesting possibilities that everyone can enjoy and look forward to.

I hope we can make the large Ramada a discussion zone during the entire event. What we can do to make it a centerpiece and as comfortable as possible is up to all of us. Anything we can do to make the area convenient will create the ?chatroom? we are looking for. As the date draws near I will repost this as a reminder to anyone who would like to help out. Tables, chairs, water coolers, coffee, coolers with drinks and anything else that could would help us create ?base central? will be appreciated.

Though we are a ways off, I am looking forward to our 3rd annual rendezvous and some great tall tales.

I can be contacted through this site via PM or through this topic.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Here is a list of local hotels for anyone not able to camp.

There is a Best Western right off the Apache Trail. I'd highly recommend it. When we have people come visit us, they always stay there and love the place. It used to be called "the holiday" I think. Anyway, it's great.

I'm sure if expense is a concern, the Super 8 has cheap rooms. :)

DO NOT stay at the "Apache Junction Motel". There is also a Topaz Inn and Suites, seems kinda run down also.

If you wanna stay in Gold Canyon, which would be closer to the Don's Camp, there are a few choices:

There is the Best Western Gold Canyon Inn and Suites. Great hotel. Also there's the Gold Canyon Golf Resort, for your golfers. They gotta 24 hr front desk, etc. Very nice place.

I also believe you can stay at the Kings Ranch. They used to have a resort there, but I'm not sure if it's still in operation.

Here are the phone numbers:

Best Western Apache Junction: (480) 982-9200

Super 8: (480) 288-8888

Best Western Gold Canyon Inn & Suites: (480) 671-6000

Golf Canyon Golf Resort: (480) 982-9090

Kings Ranch Gold Canyon's Rnch: (480) 983-0423
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

2007 Rendezvous

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

The dates for the Rendezvous are Oct. 26, 27 and 28th.

Joe Ribaudo
Thomas Glover
Part Timer

Profiles

Post by Thomas Glover »

While on the subject of things missing, what happened to the profiles page where you could look up a member and send and email, or look to see if they have posted lately, etc.

Thomas
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Thomas,

"While on the subject of things missing, what happened to the profiles page where you could look up a member and send and email, or look to see if they have posted lately, etc."

Do you mean the "profile" tab at the bottom left hand corner of your post?

Joe
Thomas Glover
Part Timer

Post by Thomas Glover »

Joe,

Yes. When I click mine I get a blank screen.

Thomas
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

WOW!!!

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Thomas,

Here's what I got when I hit Randy's profile tab:

Lost Dutchman Gold Mine - Arizona Superstition Mountain Wilderness - Gold Mining Forum Index
Viewing profile :: djui5

Part Timer Joined: 16 May 2006
Total posts: 405
[2.92% of total / 1.03 posts per day]
Find all posts by djui5
Interests: Model trains, gold, and the music industry

Perhaps a knowledgeable Catholic Priest could perform an excorcism on your computer. :lol:

That's weird!

Joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

8O I need a job...as Zentull says :lol: :lol:
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
Thomas Glover
Part Timer

Post by Thomas Glover »

Joe,

No not too weird. You cleared it up reporting that the Profiles feature is working. I use Firefox for my browser, and it turns out that all other features that I have accessed on this forum using Firefox work, except the Profiles feature. When I switch to Internet Exploder the Profiles feature works.

So it is problem with Firefox; however, given Firefox's extreme popularity and it greater security features compared to Exploder I find the partial incompatibility of the forum and Firefox interesting. But then what do I know? It may be that the coding to make it compatible with Firefox is not worth the trouble -- or impossible? Firefox's greater security does make some internet functions/features more difficult to access. Then again I might look into downloading some of the Firefox add-ons--duh.

In any event a note of information to other Firefox users.

Thanks for pointing me in direction of a solution,

Thomas
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

I'm using Firefox and it works fine for me. Version 2.0.0.4
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

You Peeked???

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

"I'm seeing through one of the pieces of the Wizard's Rainbow"

I'm sure I told you to pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.... :lol:

Joe
Thomas Glover
Part Timer

Firefox

Post by Thomas Glover »

Randy,

Okay, I spoke too soon. Things are getting weird. I am not trying to turn this into a techie thread, but as there is a chance that other forum members might be having the same problem I want to pursue this matter a wee bit further.

Randy, could you please do me a favor, could you right click on the Firefox application and go to the Version tab. After opening the version tab could you let me know what it says. The reason is that when I try to update or install Version 2.0.0.4 what I end up with is Version 1.8. I went on the Firefox forum with this issue and got the following response:

"1.8.20070.51502 is the version number of the firefox.exe executable file for Firefox 2.0.0.4 - so you do have the latest release."

Thanks,

Thomas
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Thomas,
This is what I get:

If you go to the "Help" menu in your Firefox window, then click on "About Mozilla Firefox", a window will pop up. It should look like this, and will tell you what version of Firefox you use. The window might be a different color, but none the less it'll look similar.

If you are running the current version and are still having the problem let me know.

Joe,
That's not quite what it means
:)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari