The More Things Change.....The More They Stay The Same

Complain about, insult, spit at and generally bad mouth other memebers here.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The More Things Change.....The More They Stay The Same

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:39 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don,
It seems that posting tends to slow down during the summer time due to many reasons. Many of us have to deal with personal issues which require a great deal of time which negates posting. Then there are a few us that are just sick of negative attacks by individuals who for what ever reason have a need to verbally attack, attempt to put down others, always want to appear to know more than others, challenge every creative thread under the guise of superior knowledge, and they always have to have the last post. I would say they have left the barn but they are just on a different site doing their same old thing. I personally will not bandy words with them because they lack the depth of communication skills necessary for a constructive dialog. If you wish to post new threads there is only one site left that is protected from this type of poster.

azmula
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Don and Azmula,

The facts are here for everyone to read.....except for the posts that have been deleted.

When the attacks you speak of got totally out of hand, a moderated forum was created by Jesse. It did not solve the problem, because those who complained the most were in the process of destroying this Forum and creating their own "moderated" forum.....elsewhere.

My posts to you, Azmula, are still here for everyone to read. They were in response to your request for a critique of what you had written. I only asked for sources. Your response should have been to decline to provide them. Instead you went ballistic.

"I personally will not bandy words with them because they lack the depth of communication skills necessary for a constructive dialog. If you wish to post new threads there is only one site left that is protected from this type of poster."

It's interesting that the only reason you have returned is to insult someone else's intelligence....and to advertise Peter's site. It's doing fine and you should really stay over there with the rest of the head nodders.

I have not left this site.

Your post, as well as this one, will probably be removed by the management. I will copy both to the proper place.

Once again, anyone wishing to know the truth could look back through the old posts.......except they were deleted by the offending parties. The reasons for that should be obvious to anyone......even those who "lack the depth of communication skills necessary for a constructive dialog".

Just how "constructive" was your post? Obviously not constructive enough to have the pride to put your name to it.

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

NUT CASE

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Azmula,

--------------------------------------------

Don,
I rest my case...

azmula

----------------------------------------------

Hopefully that is true.

There was no need for you to come back here with your crap. Just trying to finish the job? Let it rest. It's sickening. This will be my last reply to you......ever.

Good luck with the book,

Joe Ribaudo

Still not ashamed to sign my name to every post.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

You Are Correct

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Don,

You are pretty much on the money with why this site is not generating new posts. Over the years, just about everything connected to the Superstitions has been discussed....to death.

The new direction has been to research details. That does not create as much interest and "passion" as the history and romance of the stories. Kinda dry.

While Peter's site is extremely well done and they keep it on point, they are mostly going over the same ground again. It will take twenty years to match the information that was posted here.

They have four or five people that have posted over 50 percent of the conversation. Not that that's a bad thing, because those people are some of the most knowledgeable Dutch Hunters around.

The very thing that was called "un-American" here (Moderators) is now being embraced over there as the only way to run a forum. Big Surprise. 8O

"Let Freedom Ring"! :lol:

Could have done the same thing here by moving the conversations to the Moderated Forum part of the site. Jesse did a pretty good job of keeping it clean, but that was not part of the agenda.

Take care,

Joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

How many times are we gonna rehash this fued? Some people really don't give a $hit about it, and it's taxing on the Dutchman community as a whole. People just wanna discuss all related to the LDM, not all this other fueding and bickering bull$hit. It's quite annoying to be honest.

It's been done over and over and over. Can't we all just grow up, and move on? This isn't 5th grade anymore. There's more important things to discuss, like whether the tintype is Dutchie or not. Or where the Military Trail is. This is boring, and irrelevant as a whole. Let's just put an end to it ok?
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

???

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

The "LDM Boxing and Wrestling" Forum was created for this kind of "fueding and bickering bull$hit". The reasoning behind that seems simple enough.......Those members, like you, who don't have a dog in this fight don't have to read the posts.

While I don't care to continue the mud slinging, it's really nice to have a place to answer the mindless attacks that keep coming..... without provacation. This is it.

I have praised Azmula and his work to a point just short of kissing his ass. That's a line I will leave for others to cross. I removed his picture from the Member Archive at Greg's and your request. You have assured me he "is a good guy". His post is the same results I have received for a number of years of......trying to end it.

If you don't want to get mugged, stay out of the bad places in Phoenix. If you don't want to be offended by ugly posts.......don't click on the wrong tab.

Azmula should have posted his insults here, not in LDM Discussions. I should have posted my response here, as well.

The Rendezvous is an old and simple concept. It is a place to leave your petty wars behind, have a few days of peace and swap a few lies and goods. Some grasp that concept with no problem, while others never will.
I am hoping to have those few days of peace this year.

No doubt I am being unreasonable, but I assume you will let me know right away.

Take care,

Joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

I was just saying it would be nice if it all stopped. What's the sense in this endless bickering amongst everyone?

"Can't we all just get along" :lol: :lol:
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Everyone?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

"What's the sense in this endless bickering amongst everyone?"

Not sure that "everyone" is involved.

It's not hard to figure this whole thing out. Some folks spit in your face from anonymity, others sign their name to their insults. On both sides one constant remains: Those who are ashamed of their attacks and have enough sense to realize that others will realize the truth about them, delete their posts. Looks like that was a great plan.

"Can't we all just get along".

I don't know. You have been around long enough to know who will take that question well. I did not go to another site to insult Azmula or Peter.
Azmula came here for only one reason, and Peter chimed in with a YUP on his forum.

Why don't you explain how I should have handled the spit on my face?
My generation handles it a little differently than yours....usually.

If they don't go out of their way to insult me, I will do just as I have been doing, which is to say good things about them and their forum. Between now and the Rendezvous......I will do my best to ignore them.

Take care,

Joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Precisely. This won't end because neither side wants to just let it go. Both sides keep picking at scabs. Until the picking stops, the bleeding will continue.

Maybe you think Azmula was wrong to post here, but then again maybe if you hadn't said anything, this would have ended at that, Azmula's post.

"They" keep poking at you, but you won't let it go either. So who's to blame? Both sides. That's who.

That's why I said, it's stupid to continue this. It's been reduced to a "My dad's bigger than your dad" fight.

Both sides are pointing the finger, yet both sides continue to drive on the fight.

When will it end? That's what I want to know. When? The rest of us will continue to suffer because of it.

I'll tell you right now, here on the public forum, none of this will be tolerated at the rendezvous, at all. What happens at night in tents/private camps is one thing, but in the main camp, on the hikes, etc, this kinda behavior will not be tolerated. Not like last year. I'm speaking to everyone when I say that, and I know everyone reads this forum. So if anyone plans to raise hell or put on a show at the rendezvous, they can just stay at home. It's not welcome.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Nice Rant.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

Nice rant. Right now, you are a major factor in keeping this bullshit goinng. You see how easy it is to get pissed when you feel you are right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe you think Azmula was wrong to post here, but then again maybe if you hadn't said anything, this would have ended at that, Azmula's post.

"They" keep poking at you, but you won't let it go either. So who's to blame? Both sides. That's who.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mayve if YOU hadn't said anything, this would have ended at that, my last post. :D You feel compelled to say your piece, because you believe you are right. Welcome to the club.

When you and Wayne made your gentle hints elswhere, you got this:

05-31-2007, 11:30 AM
Peter
Senior Member Join Date: Oct 2006

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zentull and DJUI5

You guys might want to take a look on Feldmans forum for the latest give and take if you have worries about who is making folks feel "welcome" at the Rendezvous. Maybe now you will direct your concerns to where they are so sorely needed.

Like the man says..........

I rest my case.

P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here you are. :lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm speaking to everyone when I say that, and I know everyone reads this forum. So if anyone plans to raise hell or put on a show at the rendezvous, they can just stay at home. It's not welcome.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a crock and you know it. You are posting here, because you know Peter would pin your ears back.... again, if you tried to post the same message there. :roll: Now that I have said that, he just might allow you to copy your last post to his site, just to prove me wrong. None of those guy believe your comments have anything to do with them.

That's why they will do whatever the hell they feel like at the Rendezvous, same as last year, because in the end......we will all just want to get along.

I, for one, appreciate your warning. I will do my best not to make a shambles of this years Rendezvous.

Good deal of my personal opinion here, so I could be wrong. No need to reply, as I know exactly where you are coming from.

Take care,

Joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Three old guys were walking down the street, the first one says:

"Windy, isn't it"?

Second one says:

"No, it's Thusday".

Third one says,

"So am I, let's go get a beer".
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

well, i must say i resented azmula using my post as a springboard to attack joe, and then in his follow up post write "don, i rest my case" it made it appear as though i set the opportunity up. cowardly stuff! as for the rendezvous i can only guess at what it must have been like last year.....was it truly that bad?........was there any point in anyone going voluntarily to a gathering where hatred was the overwhelming message? its easy to say ignore it -theyll get fed up..but the amount of abuse joe got was beyond anything reasonable or merited. it could have been nipped in the bud early on, but most members were,it seemed, too scared to say anything for fear of being put in the line of fire. there was at least a hint of insanity during the period, i mean who on earth would get access to 10 or more different identities,presyumabley on the same number of computers to make a point? of course the new site is tailor made for some, make a post-then only allow the nodding heads to reply to it....might as well recite their theories to a room full of rocking horses :lol:
Don update your email address
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Springboarding....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Don,

Last years Rendezvous was actually very good. There were really only a few rough spots. One was where I offered to shake Peter's hand. That did not turn out well. :lol:

Another was when Peter came into my campsite and mentioned the contents of an email I had sent to Greg Davis. I had some harsh words for Greg, who I considered a friend.

Others have told me how it came to be that Peter read that email, but Peter has never had the good grace to let his friend, Greg off the hook. Better to drive that wedge between Greg and I, and let it fester.

The third rough spot was when three members of my family took the time to visit the Ramada and introduce themselves to Peter. He was not pleased to meet them. :?

I will be the same at this years Rendezvous as last year. I will treat each and every person with respect, as long as I am treated the same way. There will be one difference. I will not go out of my way to shake the hands of those who have gone out of their way to attack me here.
At the same time, I will not refuse to shake any hand offered me.

My family does not want to return this year, which is a loss to the Rendezvous and those who have been there for the last two years. They have no wish to be insulted, again. It will also be my loss, which may please some people to no end.

The other site is being run exactly how I suggested this one be done a few years ago. While you can go back and read what I said, the replies to those suggestions have been deleted. 8O

That site is being well run and is a credit to the folks who created it. I have no doubt that my not being there is a positive thing for them.

It has been said a number of times, that I am the one who destroyed this Forum. Reading back through the posts......you will not fine any evidence to the contrary. That must mean it's true. My apologies to all.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo