Sims Ely and the Lost Dutchman Mine

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
late49er
Part Timer

Post by late49er »

R.W. Boyle, The Geochemistry of Gold and its Deposits, Bulletin 280 Geological Survey of Canada, 1979, page 230. Reference the comments made regarding mineralogical zones which flank the Veins at Goldfield, Nevada in tertiary dacites, latites, and andesites.

The waterfall was always the key.
Last edited by late49er on Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Awwwww...now you're getting colder...you was luke warm before......
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Too Much Time To Waste

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

49'er.

Glad to see you are still trying to "game" us. :lol: It will be interesting to see if we get something like the "Kino glasses" from you. No telling what will come out of the woodwork.

Respectfully,

Joe
late49er
Part Timer

Post by late49er »

Es thut kein Gang so gut
Er hat einen eisernen Hut

old German mining proverb.

no miner will find his mine. Perhaps because it is too simple
Last edited by late49er on Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Quick Study!

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how quickly Late49'er went from knowing nothing, to knowing everything? :lol:

Is this some kind of Crazy Jake/Holmes connection?

Respectfully,

Joe
late49er
Part Timer

Post by late49er »

You can lead them to water but you can`t make them drink.

The LDM. Imagine a honeycomb with Waltz`s shaft being but one entrance. The bees have been there for a long time. Still are.

Accept the possibility of another history to the Superstitions that does not begin with the stealing of a dead man`s gold or selling tickets to his deathbed. A history that begins with the massacre. A history that goes north not south. The possibility of an articulate educated survivor.

As far as your piggy bank goes. Have plenty. That is not what this is about.

I would study the coordinates given.

Good work gentlemen. What you have preserved is sacred, but you know that. May God bless each of you and keep you safe.

late49er
Last edited by late49er on Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:45 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Wiz
Expert

Re: Sims Ely and the Lost Dutchman Mine

Post by Wiz »

late49er wrote:n33 25.57

Es thut kein Gang so gut
Er hat einen eisernen Hut

old German mining proverb.

no miner will find his mine. Perhaps because it is too simple
Well, I don't speak German, but according to Alta Vista Babel Fish, the above translates to:

"It does not thut a course so well it has an iron hat"

???
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Wiz

Correct on the translation more or less.

49er

cold

tepid

Keep spitting out coordinates you are bound to get close sooner or later.

You are correct about the honeycomb, however.

TGH
late49er
Part Timer

Post by late49er »

Sorry about the translation issue. The person working this for you apparently is not accustomed to german mining slang. The correct translation is:

There is no lode like that,
Which has an iron hat.

Never said the coordinates were the end of the rainbow. Work the relationship between the coordinates. The Alpha and Omega.

Glad to see you have been there.

Regards,
Late49er
Last edited by late49er on Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

>>Glad to see you have been there. <<

Yep. Lots of times.

Careful about them bees...sometimes they sting.......
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Long List?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

"OK, is there a source for that "hidden waterfall" story? My memory is getting way bad."

"Yes.

I came across several mentions of waterfalls in conjunction with close-in mine landmarks. I will have to consult the clue list."

I assume you have had time to look for the sources. If you have been too busy, that's understandable. Since you have a "clue list", it should not be that difficult to find the "mentions". :)

Respectfully,

"Trapper" Joe :lol:
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill711
Expert

Sims Ely and the lost dutchman

Post by bill711 »

YES PETE; Tell us about the waterfall?? I haven,t heard this one myself?? 8O Bill 8)
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Just Another Story

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Bill,

Over the years, I have heard a lot of "stories" from a variety of sources.
Some of them seemed pretty credible, others you were certain had no credibility whatsoever. 8O

The "bullshit" meter goes up when someone tells a story and refuses to name the source. Peter, like Azmula, seldom gives sources for stories that have "new facts". That has no direct bearing on the truthfulness of what they are saying, but the meter does start moving. :)

They may have good reasons for not disclosing a source, but it wouldn't do any harm to say, "can't tell ya".

I was told, some time ago, by a very respected member of this forum, that Peter had a habit of making statements that he could not back up and then get amnesia about the comment. In other words, "don't hold your breath". :lol:

My source for this conclusion is Peter. Unless he pulls a "Westwood" on us, the evidence can be found in his posts.

No doubt this will be viewed as a personal attack on Peter, and perhaps Azmula, but both men have, recently, gone after my character with no provocation.

All of this is just my opinion, so I could, of course, be wrong. :)

Respectfully,

"Trapper" Joe
bill711
Expert

Sims Ely and the lost dutchman

Post by bill711 »

JOE; I have to say that Petier has been a sad disapointment to me after I have been soooo good to him too! He just will not talk to me. How does he expect to learn if he doesn,t talk to people? I do not think he can. He,s just disabling himself by being that way. I only have read of the one creek obstruction on tortilla creek. I read about the trick in the trail. BUT I have not read anything about a 2nd waterfall by the Jake,s mine? I am sorry so many people on here have the too BIG EGOS,S to talk to anyone else { their inferiers} ? I guess they are scared of a new idea or approach to the mine. I guess petier think,s because I,m from Ok. I could not possibly know anything or comprehend it if he told me. I think alot of this so called knowledge is lot crap! I do not think they know anymore about the jake,s mine than I do. You have seen some of my material what say you? :wink: bill 8)
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

Post by dutch elm disease »

bill,
youve hit the nail on the head with your comment.i quote "i think a lot of this "knowledge" is a lot of crap." ive been trying in my own limited way to say just that for ages. your 12 word sentence has summed it all up in a nutshell..well done!
nobody has any knowledge of where the mine is or indeed even might be , because no one knows if most of these events even happened.everybody is entitled to have their daydreams,but i suggest what annoys you, same as me, is when individuals try to convince others that they alone have the truth in their hands,but are unwilling, unable to show why anyone should believe them.
as joe says, the question mark regarding sources is indeed a valid one, but if the "bullshitter" has to supply them, then of course his range of bullshit is somewhat diminished............is it tagteam time yet?
take care bill
late49er
Part Timer

Re: Sims Ely and the Lost Dutchman Mine

Post by late49er »

[quote="late49er"]You can lead them to water but you can`t make them drink.

The LDM. Imagine a honeycomb with Waltz`s shaft being but one entrance. The bees have been there for a long time. Still are.

Accept the possibility of another history to the Superstitions that does not begin with the stealing of a dead man`s gold or selling tickets to his deathbed. A history that begins with the massacre. A history that goes north not south. The possibility of an articulate educated survivor.

As far as your piggy bank goes. Have plenty. That is not what this is about.

I would study the coordinates given.

late49er[/quote]
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Close?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Late,

Nice to see you are still looking in.

"I would study the coordinates given."

I have, and they are good for a number of old digs. No real mines, and not close to the LDM. Bee's are everywhere in the Superstitions and where there are bee's, there are "honycombs".

The bee's are at the Chunning Mine, because of the flowers directly in front of the entrance.

Getting bored in Mexico? :?

Joe Ribaudo
late49er
Part Timer

The LDM

Post by late49er »

Hello Joe.

Hope things are well with you and yours. Dutchie said there was a post I should look at.

He still frequents the Superstitions. Believe he has a taste for Dutch hunters. He has gotten tired of eating Mexicans. Gives him a lot of heartburn.

Actually, as you know, I am not very good with computers. Didn`t mean to re-post that post. I sometimes visit here for other reasons and just got confused.

As I mentioned earlier the coordinates are not the end of the rainbow, it is the relationship between them that is importent.

As far as the bees are concerned guess I should have said yellow jackets. The kind that come from Georgia Tech. Very good with engineering tasks.

Anyway glad to see things here are calming down. Believe you are better off with TGH and those folks on there own web site anyway. Not sure if they add much positive anyway. Wonder if the Black Legion is running that other site? Hell they even have me on there. Not sure how that happened.

Well you folks take care. Christmas this year will be very special. Plan on spending it with friends at well you know. The other.

Regards,

Late49er
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

What?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Late,

Let me get this straight.......Are you saying you did not join the new LDM Site? I would not be surprised, but you are the first member to say that.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Glad I read this thread again :D
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
late49er
Part Timer

The Site

Post by late49er »

Hello Joe,

Did I join the new site? No.

But let`s be kind and simply say that someone else with the same handle joined over there.

I really don`t have anything to add to any of the discussions anymore. I just do my thing and enjoy reading the conversations both here and over there.

Would enjoy seeing more talk about geology and the ldm but things are so convuluted that folks seem to just migrate to safe and secure issues. Haven`t seen an intelligent conversation here or over there on that issue. Suspect the reasons are pretty obvious. It is what it is.

Can`t imagine why anyone would not understand the deposit in South Africa is basically a placer deposit made in an alluvial fan. Oh well.

Have to say there is a great library here and I do enjoy that a lot.

Happy trails to you and yours.

Regards,

Late49er
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Geology?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Late,

As I said before, I don't know S#*& about rocks. There are a few people here, assuming they have not fled.....who do.

Interesting that someone signed up using your "handle". (Old CB Term)
I notice quite a few of our members who had joined without posting. Browsed the site for awhile. Really nicely done, and well heeled with some very knowledgeable folks.

I wonder if any of our other members have joined without knowing it?
You should feel flattered. :)

Maybe I should join as Wyatt Westwood. :lol: I notice that Peter's "adds" have gone to live with Jesus. Seems like the least he could have done would have been to pay Ron for his advertising. Guess I'm old fashoned.

Take care,

Joe
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Deleted for spamming
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

the bitch is back :lol:
Don update your email address
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Ya Think?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Don,

I would guess that Peter is finally being "curbed" on this site. It's long overdue and well deserved.

If he want's to talk "Dutch" :) it seems unlikely anyone will object. If he wants free advertising......he should try a sandwich board. :lol:

There are places on this site for folks like Peter, JoeRibaudo, Wyatt, Jan and others with "another" agenda.

This may belong in another forum, but I am just following the direction of the thread. If it gets moved, that's fine with me.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo