Bob Corbin - The FBI - The Stone Maps

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Ward
Greenhorn

Post by Ward »

Mike, Krf, Novice

You are "treading on"HALLOWED" ground.as a courtesy you might consider taking the rest of your discussion to pms or private email.

ward
Last edited by Ward on Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike McChesney
Expert

Re: Errors

Post by Mike McChesney »

="Joe Ribaudo"]Mike,

"I have tried in good faith to repressent this material as accurately as possible, and I should like to believe that neither errors of omission or commission occur. However, this is most unlikely. Should you find such an error please let me know so that it can be corrected in the future......"

The above quote is from page xiii of Dr. Glover's first book on the subject.

Just as the information on this Forum, is sometimes erroneous, any book will have some factual mistakes. A book as wide in scope and as ambitious as Dr. Glover's, will always have it's share of errors.

In your opinion, do the dates change the materiality of the evidence he was presenting or are they mistakes of little consequence, in a story of small importance?

We will all be interested in seeing, and hearing, where your research leads you. Good luck.

Joe Ribaudo
Joe,
I agree with you 100%. I even stated that it is the best book I have seen on the subject to date (I haven't read Mrs. Corbin's book yet).

Glover's book is indeed broad in scope, and I don't fault him for making some minor factual errors. I don't believe he did anything wrong on purpose!

As for Ward,

If you wish, I will PM you my home address, and you can distribute it to anybody who wants it.

I am a 43 year old 14 year Army Ranger Combat Veteran, who is not about to take shit from some anonymous asshole! I have fought communist rebels and drug cartel members all over Central and parts of South America. I have fought Muslim extermists in the Middle-East. I have fought Soviet and Cuban Special Forces in Grenada. I have been in the gunsights of some of the best fighters oin the world, and I'm still walkin' and talkin'. If some freakin hillbilly wants to come looking for me, I only have one thing to say:"Bring it on!"

Best,

Mike
Last edited by Mike McChesney on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Dr. Glover

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Mike,

I was not really faulting what you said, as I did read your entire post. Dr. Glover made a number of factual errors. He corrected many of them in his second edition.

On the other hand....."I don't believe he did anything wrong on purpose!"
I am not sure that is something I would take to the bank. He is, after all, a Dutch Hunter. :lol:

I thought maybe you would like to e-mail him the errors you have found.

Probably best that you copy your "Ward" comments to the Boxing Forum, as I don't think the management will allow them to remain here. IMHO, that is a good thing.

Joe Ribaudo
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

Ward,

Sorry if I came off a little harsh to you, but I really don't respond well to veiled threats! And not knowing if you were just the messenger or one of the conspirees, sorry brother, but you get the first buttstroke!

If somebody wants to PM me, and discuss why in the Hell I should give a damn about what they think, I am open to suggestions!

Ward,

I don't know you. I don't know if you are just full of BS, or really know something! I ALWAYS ERR TO THE SAFE SIDE! I take no threats lightly!

Like I said, if somebody wants to have a private discussion with me, and can convince me that there is a valid reason for me not to post my thoughts and findings, I am open. I'm not a dick at all. I'm a very reasonable guy. Just don't think you will get anywhere by threatening me!

Best,

Mike
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

Joe,

About Glover, you may be absolutely right. He might have loaded the book with some irregularities on purpose. I tend to give everybody the benefit of the doubt (unless I know better) at first.

I personally don't care whther they get deleted or not. My greatest hope is that Ward prints them out and faxes them to anybody who wishes for a shot at the title.

You say "my Ward comments", but just who threatened who?

I have picked very few fights in my life (in person or online). I'm not that kind of person! But I will NEVER back down from a fight!

Best,

Mike
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Das Game

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ward,

You have implied that there is a "game" at risk from our research into the truth concerning the legends of the Superstitions.

The only game I could imagine, would be the game of marketing. Would I be correct? We are talking about the Stone Maps.....right?

Joe Ribaudo
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

OH! And what I mean by "I don't care if they get deleted or not" is that they contribute nothing to gaining any knowledge of the subject of the thread.

If some posts that contained facts and ideas got deleted, I would be PO'ed.

I stand by everything I have posted.

Best,

Mike
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

="Ward"]Mike, Krf, Novice

You are "treading on"HALLOWED" ground.as a courtesy you might consider taking the rest of your discussion to pms or private email.

ward
Ward,

Why did you edit your post? If you are going to make such a bold threat, why back down?

Good thing I saved it! For everybody who hasn't seen Ward's original post, here it is:

Mike, Krf, Novice

You guys should be forewarned that you are all "treading on some very "HALLOWED" ground here and stepping on some VERY BIG toes.
some of the most outspoken non-believers in the stone maps, who are really some of the most hard core BELIEVERS, are getting burrs under their saddle because of some of the things you are digging up and posting in the open forum. the underground is really buzzing. as a courtesy you might consider taking the rest of your discussion to pms or private email. this fumble as it has been referred to is one that could turn the whole game around and some people are not pleased with that.

just a few words for the wise.

ward

Quite different from his edited version.

A word of advice Ward,

If you are going to threaten someone. Know whom you are threatening!

I hate to say that KRF has backed out of the discussion due to a threatening phone message. This really pisses me off! If you people can't take an open discussion about your precious LDM and associated artifacts, then why have this damn forum at all?

As for me, it only makes me want to openly post EVERY single piece of information I can find!

And PLEASE send me a threatening email, PM, or phone call! I can find out who you are, and where you live, and I will personally rain down a shitstorm on top of your head!

Like I said before, I'm not a prick. If somebody wants to have a civil discussion with me, and can convince me that certain aspects of my investigations should be kept secret, then I'm open to that.

Best,

Mike
Last edited by Mike McChesney on Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Was I Right?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ward,

So was I right about marketing, or was it something serious.....like breaking the law, in some way?

Just want to know which subjects I should avoid. Your warning had something to do with the Stone Maps.....right?

Joe Ribaudo
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

Joe,

KRF PM'ed me that he was pulling his posts due to a threatening phone call!

To hell with the reason for the threat! The fact that a threat was made, and then followed up with a phone call is good enough for me.

I'm still waiting for that PM folks!

Mike
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Who's Who In The Zoo

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Mike,

These kinds of threats are as common as the fleas on the dogs who make them. While a prudent man should take notice, it should not be something that changes your life.

I expect the best out of my fellow man, but stay prepaired for the worst.

Since Ward has been kind enough to tell us we are heading for trouble, perhaps he will tell us what is pushing us in that direction. Most of what goes on around here, is conjecture.

I doubt there are more than two dozen men who have enough information concerning the Superstition Mountains to be a danger to anyone.

The quickest way for that information to become public, would be for someone to have an accident. CYA is the order of the day. :wink:

If the person who was involved in creating the Stone Maps believes that he is going to be exposed, he should have done a better job of covering his own ass.

There are trails leading to that person, and at least a dozen people following his tracks. Some of those researchers have never been on this Forum.

In my own research, only two things stand out as being important enough to warrant some idiot making a threat of any kind. One of those things throws a very wide loop.....marketing. The other is......not marketing. :)

Now who did krf give his phone # to? Is krf someone you know personally? It's not a good idea to trust anyone on this Forum, until you have shared a campfire with them. Perhaps, not even then. :lol:

Hope you make it to the Rendezvous.

Take care,

Joe
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

I don't think krf gave his number to anybody, that's why he has cerrtain suspicions! I can't say for sure though.

I don't know krf personally. I don't even have any of his personal info.

I PM'ed Ward and asked him politely to have one of those folks from the "buzzing underground" contact me and discuss why I should consider not making certain knowledge public. I have yet to hear from him.

It's funny that all this started because I was PERSONALLY interested in finding out about the stones. I'm not writing a book or a magazine article. It's for personal use only. Now that someone has chosen to open certain doorways, it seems to have kicked thingsa up a notch.

I don't know where this will lead, but you can bet your ass, I'm watching mine. Like I said, I don't take threats lightly, and I don't ignore them.

I think it is one of THREE reasons: Money, Fame, Legal.

Best,

Mike
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Why Only One???

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Mike,

"I think it is one of THREE reasons: Money, Fame, Legal."

Perhaps you should consider that it might be all three. 8O

Joe Ribaudo
novice
Expert

Please Get This Over With Quick!

Post by novice »

Deja vu

Sounds like Jan all over again except this time it may be krf. I always thought that her twin sister Jennifer would pick up the torch?

Garry
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Bingo!

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Garry,

My thoughts exactly. Glad you said it instead of me. :lol:

Take care,

Joe
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

Hey Garry,

I said to Joe that I thought I had seen a post almost exactly like Wards a long time ago in another Stones Thread. Is that what you are talking about? I remember some of the phrasing "stepping on toes" "underground buzzing" Am I remembering correctly, or am I nutz?

Come on Garry. Spill the beans! Even if in a PM.

Best,

Mike
Scott
Part Timer

Post by Scott »

Thank You Mike !!!
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

="Scott"]Thank You Mike !!!
What did I do? :D :D

best,

Mike
Scott
Part Timer

Post by Scott »

Thanks Mike!!!!!! In short , What you have done is shake my compliance in status -quo .I once brought info into this fourm and was bashed/threat,censored as you were.Your F-U attitude is refreshing.I also have studied the stone map rocks and asked the same ?' of the rocks but We were given copies /duplicates of the stone maps to date !!!
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

OK Scott,

The hook is set. You are not one of the three Geology Profs who tested the stones at UCLA or Redlands University (See Ward, I haven't posted ALL the info I have). Unless you were a student or lab asst.

That leaves FBI Labs, but I have some info that says the FBI never actually tested the stones. That they just got an affadavit from the three profs that the age of the stones was "older than 100 years".

Are you saying that info is not correct, and the FBI actually did test them?

PM me if you like.

OH, I have yet to be bashed or censored. Just threatened!

Best,

Mike :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
novice
Expert

Post by novice »

Gollum,

If someone has not already answered your question, you can find all of the background on the Forum unless someone has deleted some of those posts also.

Jan was a Stone Map poster and she was killed in an automobile accident around Christmas of 2005. It was even hinted that it might not have been an accident. The story continued to trickle out for a few days until Peter finally called the account into question and from there, it seemed to unravel. To many of us, it went way beyond a scam. You can read some of the members thoughts in some threads around that time period.

Hence the deja vu regarding the present episode. The more things change, the more they stay the same!

Garry
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

Thanks Garry,

Which part went way beyond a scam? The inference of Jan's accident being no accident, or the Stones themselves?

Like I said before, I seem to remember almost word for word Ward's original post back then. At the time, I was just a lurker. I don't remember who posted it back then, but I checked Ward's previous posts, and it wasn't him (unless the delete button was used).

Best,

Mike
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Read Differently

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Mike,

I read Garry's post a little differently. He will correct me if I am wrong.

I believe that krf is the one playing the game this time. I could be wrong and will apologize if I find that to be true, but sometimes you have to just go with the hunch.

Matter of fact.....that's how I figured out the Stone Maps. 8O A hunch and stone-cold luck. :lol:

Take care,

Joe
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

I see what you mean. A scam by one of the posters!

Entirely possible. I don't remember what the complete deal was the last time. Like I said, I was just a lurker then.

Best,

Mike
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

Scott wrote:Thanks Mike!!!!!! In short , What you have done is shake my compliance in status -quo .I once brought info into this fourm and was bashed/threat,censored as you were.Your F-U attitude is refreshing.I also have studied the stone map rocks and asked the same ?' of the rocks but We were given copies /duplicates of the stone maps to date !!!
Come on Scott! Give up the ghost! :D :D :D

I'm waiting for this new info. Every little biy helps me!

Thanks-Mike