Restored By Popular Demand, The Horseman Head of Santa Fe

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine

Is it a real Spanish Carved Rock Monument and part of the Peralta Horse Map?

Is it just another old natural rock formation?
63%
Is It an Indian Carved Rock Horse Sign?
No votes
Does this Prove the Stone Maps are Real and Lead to the LDM?
38%

Total votes: 16

Ronnie Kelso
Part Timer

Restored By Popular Demand, The Horseman Head of Santa Fe

Post by Ronnie Kelso »

The Rock Carved Horse Head of Santa Fe right off the Peralta Stone Maps Horse Map.

RK
Last edited by Ronnie Kelso on Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
WyattWestwood
Part Timer

Post by WyattWestwood »

Deleted................
Last edited by WyattWestwood on Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knun
Part Timer

Don't Understand

Post by Knun »

Sorry but I don't get it.

Someone carved or exploded large amounts of rock to place markers to a mine, mines or a cache which they also covered while hostiles were watching.

And yet their markers consistantly look like something you must know before you look at it.

Or squint and stare for awhile! Sorry. I just don't get it!

Why not draw a map of the surrounding area. I can't draw but I can draw a skyline that kicks butt with arrows and everything.
Ronnie Kelso
Part Timer

Post by Ronnie Kelso »

Last edited by Ronnie Kelso on Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ronnie Kelso
Part Timer

Post by Ronnie Kelso »

Last edited by Ronnie Kelso on Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
djui5
Expert

Re: Don't Understand

Post by djui5 »

And yet their markers consistantly look like something you must know before you look at it.

They only created the markers to others with knowledge of their markers could find the area. The beginning of the marker trail would have had large, obvious markers. The closer you get to the mine/treasure, the less visible and obvious the markers would be, also the smaller in size. The initial markers were meant to be seen for miles. They wanted other map makers to be able to find the mine in the event that whoever made these markings died or whatever. Also, the king required it, so if the persons working the mine were killed or died, they could send others to retreive the mine/treasure.

I think this rock is natural personally. The nostrils and upper lip are great looking, but that's it. Maybe it would look different from some other angels, and different times of day.

The real question here is, what else is near by? Does this marker lead somewhere? It's possible this was man made, but it would have to be part of a bigger picture. If there's nothing else nearby, or this dosen't lead to a trail/more markers/etc, then it's just a freak of nature.

I would really be interested to see what is up the nose more, to the top right of the picture. Are there ears/eyes up there?

BTW, my wife said it looks like a dragon.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Ronnie Kelso
Part Timer

Post by Ronnie Kelso »

Last edited by Ronnie Kelso on Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ronnie Kelso
Part Timer

Post by Ronnie Kelso »

Last edited by Ronnie Kelso on Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I will try to comment here as cautiously as possible. I have posted I believe once concerning the Stone Maps and this will be my second in 5 years.

If I drew a map and included a number of areas that are unknown to anyone but me and even more areas that are probably known to just a handful of people, does that make my map real? To say the stone maps are real because they lead you somewhere is saying all maps are real because they too lead you somewhere as well.

The Stone Maps come from a possible period where individuals lived most of their lives in those mountains. There are a good many things that have been vandalized to deter the hunter and there are many that have been created to confuse and distract.

That being said there are too many questions and some serious answers that will keep the stone maps at a safe distance from many posts by myself.

I was shown some replicas a short time ago by a very considerate individual. I barely gave them a glance. That glance itself was a courteousy.
The stone Maps scream distraction to me and never have held an interest for me. For someone who follows intuition to extremes, that says a lot.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Probably True

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

What you say could very well be true. If the Stone Maps are a modern-day creation, everything you say is true.

They could only be made by someone who had spent years in the mountains. The most likely author of such a fake, would be Chuck Aylor, or someone equally familiar with the range and well know by Aylor.

A good deal of labor went in to constructing the two monuments that my brother and I found. They were not just rocks piled up, but each of the rocks had to be found, carried to the location and laid with precesion. Those rocks were not light in weight.

It would seem that someone has gone up there and torn down the monuments. My guess would be.....if the whole thing is a fake, it would be Chuck Aylor's friend.

I was not convinced by the Stone Maps themselves. There are a hundred stories and maps (slight exaggeration) that bolster the Stone Maps. If fake, the person who made them knew each and every story to a T.

My ravine has been searched, so I know the Stone Maps do not lead to the LDM. There are mines and caves where many of the symbols show them to be. Some have been worked after 1945 and some are sealed.

The Stone Maps don't just lead you somewhere, they are a history of the area depicted. I take my hat off to whoever created them, fact or fake.
He was a giant of a man.

I believe I have always said that the maps could be a hoax. Thing is, they were always an interesting puzzle. Either way, I don't regret a moment I spent in solving and following them. Anyone who walked that trail would probably say the same thing.

Take care,

Joe
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I just wanted to comment and make it clear I don't dispute the picture or the Stone Maps. My perspective isn't anyones wrong really. The LDM can't be at X because someone searched that area and found nothing, but the Stone Maps are real because I found something, though what it means is unclear, though it could be coincidence is confusing.

In my members archive is a picture that I have never understood. The coincidence of what happened and the subject matter that came to mind when seeing it for the first time was rather mind boggling. I have never been particularly comfortable with that picture. A number of similar pictures were posted because of what I didn't understand. So far there has not been one comment on the interesting abnormalties of some of them. Well, one kind of...........Surprising and a bit dissapointing.
Ronnie Kelso
Part Timer

Post by Ronnie Kelso »

Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Caution?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

"I will try to comment here as cautiously as possible. I have posted I believe once concerning the Stone Maps and this will be my second in 5 years."

Don't know why you said that, but here's the deal.

Speaking for myself only, I have no problem with folks attacking facts. I do it all the time. Personal insults are what cause problems on this Forum. Some folks come on here and start their first post with an insult.
Others just decide they don't care for the way some folks form their opinions, and decide it's better to attack the person, rather than their facts.

Speaking for myself, you can question my sources or facts all day long. I will never take it personally, I will just provide whatever backup I have available. Anything wrong with that approach?

Joe Ribaudo
Ronnie Kelso
Part Timer

Post by Ronnie Kelso »

Last edited by Ronnie Kelso on Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Joe,

Because of my lack of knowledge and interest in the stone maps, I usually prefer to stay out of the mess. Sometimes my thoughts get the better of me and I wallow around in subject matter better left to those who have a clearer idea of it.

It is said there is never a stupid question, but I have thousands of equally stupid answers. Rather than understand the maps, I try to understand why I don't see or feel the same about them as others do.

The Stone Maps are a bit like a Koan. You only need one koan and I have mine.

Anyhow, everyone that finds something stumbles across it accidentally anyways. I am a very capable stumbler.

Mr Kelso,

The way we see is sometimes the reason we are blind. They have nothing to do with the stone maps.....I think. Why did I start looking around on the ground when I came up with those pieces in my member archive? Can't remember looking at the ground like I did in that instance all day. Something intuitive perhaps that I don't recognize? That is what happened with some pictures. The perspective was different later, because I had no idea why I took them. Now I will run off a roll of film without hesitation. Kids did that to me I suppose. Don't believe I took more than a few dozen pictures in the eighties.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Deep Thoughts

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

Still don't know why you felt the need to respond "as cautiously as possible".

If you are intelligent enough to use "koan" in your message, no harm could come from speaking your mind. If Late 49er was still posting, he would appreciate the "gateless gate", arrived at by the extrapolation of the word.

Peter is having a siezure trying to keep himself from exposing the information he received from one of my "team" members. He will get to it in his own time and expose the source to everyone in the process. That source has already been exposed to me, not that it was a big surprise.

The Stone Maps have everything to do with treasure hidden in the Superstitions and nothing to do with the LDM. Part or all of that treasure was removed years ago.

It would be interesting to know what you consider your "koan".

Take care,

Joe
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I just don't want anyone to follow my stream of conciousness and believe it has anything to do with the Stone Maps per say. Perhaps I was over cautious in my use of words, will blame that on the Heiniken. The rest I will move to the Moderated forum, since it has little or nothing to do with the LDM or the Superstitions for that matter.
Ronnie Kelso
Part Timer

Post by Ronnie Kelso »

Last edited by Ronnie Kelso on Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Good Luck

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Mr. Kelso and Randy,

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Good Luck,

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Horse Map

Post by lazarus »

I believe the Stone Maps are real don't you?
Absolutely.

Although the 'Horse Map' is certainly integral to understanding the 'Stone Maps', I doubt anyone is apt to pinpoint the location of any mines using only the 'Horse Map'. However, I have great confidence in the veracity of the maps.

Laz
Ronnie Kelso
Part Timer

Post by Ronnie Kelso »

Last edited by Ronnie Kelso on Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Like so many others you must get lost first to find the right spot.
Ronnie

This applies as much, if not more, to life itself as it does to the Superstition Mines :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Guys,

Good luck and please be cautious. Take your time and think clearly. It will still be there, however you utilize your patience and time.
late49er
Part Timer

Stone Maps

Post by late49er »

Some where over the rainbow. Oz

Oh well time to fire up the grill Dutchie, looks like we may have company.

Remember you do not eat dutch hunters anymore only aliens or the black legion.

Good luck.

Regards,

Late49er
Ronnie Kelso
Part Timer

Post by Ronnie Kelso »

Last edited by Ronnie Kelso on Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.