Petrasch burial sites

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
zentull
Expert

Petrasch burial sites

Post by zentull »

Rhiney was buried in Globe and Herman in Superior. Does anyone know the locations of those cemetaries? Also is Julia in the Greenwood Jewish cemetery or is there another?
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Best Source

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

I would guess that you will hear from Matthew Roberts, Greg Davis or Dr. Glover. Probably should add Novice and Roger to that group. It's amazing the things those guys know.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Very insightfull..............
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Post by Gregory E. Davis »

Hi: You are correct as to the locations of the burials of the two Petrasch's. Al Reser showed me the grave site of Herman Petrasch in Superior. It is marked by a granite head stone in the Martin family plott. Rhinehart's site was researched by Tom Glover. He and I went to Globe and with the help of the grave yard historian and the plott map we were able to locate the site. The grave was unmarked at the time but Tom and I were able to locate it by the two graves on each side which were identified. We put an outline of rocks around the grave and put Rhinehart's name on a rock for a head stone. You can find pictures of these two sites in Tom Glovers book: The Lost Dutchman Mine of Jacob Waltz, Part 2, The Holmes Manuscript, on pages 164 to l65. Tom Glover can provide you with details. For Julia, you will have to hear from Kraig Roberts. He is the one doing the research on this site. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

As Expected

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Greg,

Nice post. Doubt anyone could ask for more. Your are actually the "source" that most of us depend on.

Hope all is well with you and your extra time is all good. Not flying so much?

Take care,

Joe
LDM
Part Timer

Julia Thomas

Post by LDM »

LDM
Last edited by LDM on Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Thank you Greg and Matthew. I will probably do a run out to Superior and Globe this weekend. Did a runner through last thursday on the way to Show Low and the weather was warm, but still nice.