Walter Gassler mystery.

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Post by Gregory E. Davis »

Wiz: This was his workings above Charlebois Springs below Black Mountain. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Was He Right?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Greg,

You have posted a lot lately. That's a good thing. :)

Just wondering how many people feel that Gassler was right in his conclusions. What about you.......Do you have an opinion?

For those who will jump on this question, as ol' Joe fishing for clues, I will repeat myself, just to make it clear.

While I am interested in the LDM and have gathered a lot of information on it, I have never looked for Jacob's mine. I still believe it has been found at some time in the past, assuming he ever had a mine, and is a worked-out pit now.

If Walt Gassler found it, or was close to finding it, the truth will eventually come out.

What's the concensus......Was he right?

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

>>You have posted a lot lately. That's a good thing. <<

Maybe Greg was posting because the Forum MORON wasnt............

Far-fetched I know, but the brief respite from your constant BS did seem to have the Forum thriving in your absence.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

King Peter Speaks

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

It was so nice of you to speak for the Forum and I assume that Greg will be happy to see that you are speaking for him as well.

If Greg is posting because someone else......"wasnt", I am sure he will be man enough to say so. He has my phone numbers, or he could just tell me in person next time he flies up here....over lunch.

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

How do you know I was refering to yourself as the Forum MORON?

Hmmm..maybe that hospital stay did help a little bit.......
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Moron?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

Only a "MORON" would ask that question. I know, because I am not one.

I do like the fact, that no matter what topic I post to, or where I go here, Peter will follow with his mindless attacks. No matter who I am talking to, it's nice to know that you can't stop yourself from being an asshole.

Please don't stop, as you just keep looking like a little boy who has just lost all his marbles. :lol:

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

>>I do like the fact, that no matter what topic I post to, or where I go here, Peter will follow .....<

Not true. Not true at all.

Peter will NOT follow to the moderated forums. hint hint.....
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Also Not True

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

You are such a child......you already have, just not as Peter.

As you keep this conversation afloat, you may turn this into a Moderated Forum. What would you do if you could not insult me here? Your life would be completely void of any reason to continue. :lol:

No doubt you would then resort to stalking me in Lake Havasu. :lol:

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

There you go again, acting all cranky and crazy.

Its ok, most (all?) Forum members know what your deal is. Remember, we are all trying to help. Really. We KNOW you cant help all the idiotic things you keep saying and you need the therapy the Forum provides , etc etc.....
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Cranky?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

How can you say that? I had two, count em, :lol: :lol: s in that post.

I see you are talking for the Forum again. That must be a New York thing. Are you sure you're not a Democrat? :lol:

Do you really think that the things I am saying are any more "idiotic" than what you are posting? :?

Are you staying up, just for me? :wink:

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Poor Joe.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Did Walter Gassler have any interest in other lost mines or was the Superstition/LDM his only interest in the genre?
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Zentull

I do not know for sure. The question is did Walter have the TIME to be interested in any other lost mines? Based on him ending his search for the LDM in the 40s because of family issues...the answer is..probably not.

P
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Poor Joe.

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

"Poor Joe."

I appreciate your concern.

Once again, you are dead wrong. :lol: I have often wondered why you have such an obsession with trailing along behind me and nipping at my ankles, like a naughty puppy.

There have been so many times when I offered another way to look at what you believed were the "facts", that I just assumed it was the weight of the total number of times I have made you look foolish. :lol:

I thought it might have been the location of Florence, AZ or that there was a crossing of the Salt River South of Ft. McDowell, but I believe the straw that broke the donkey's (ass) back, was when your best friend came on the Forum and told everyone I was not Don (DED).

While you seemed to take it well, it must have really grated on your pride after telling everyone, for months and months, that you knew we were the same person. Just setting at your computer late into the night hitting the refresh button over and over again to get your "proof" was a monumental task for such a "moron".

No doubt having Wyatt and the forty thieves jump on your (false) bandwagon was the highlight of the entire charade for you. :lol:

The real question here is: Did you have to tent your house and get the entire family sheep-dipped to get rid of the fleas you picked up while laying around with those dogs? :lol:

This has been a lot of fun, but don't you think we should let it go now?

Joe Ribaudo
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I just have to wonder, if like myself, Walter needed the ore samples for a rather simple reason as trying to match it up. Seems illogical and stupid, but not being a geologist or even a rockhound, I see things completely different. Vegetation doesn't tell me about mineral sources, but about dietary habits. I look at old barely recognizable trails and think about game. It is hard to break out of ingrained habits. More often than not I am looking for scat rather than a pretty rock. Rocks don't speak to me the way poop does. Sad but true.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

What to look for

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

Actually "vegetation" is a great indicator for a mineralized area. While I know nothing about rocks, I learned a long time ago to look for areas where the vegetation shows an abrupt chage in color, growth or type.
That can indicate a change in mineralization on one side of the line or the other.

I always pay attention to the game trails, because they are the trails that men usually take.

Joe
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Poor Joe,

You need to see about either switching medications already or increasing the dosage. Whatever you are using right now is woefully inadequate.

You are a sick, sick individual and need help.

I really hope you get it.........
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Interesting Thread

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

What I have found most interesting about the Walt Gassler Topic, is the number of folks who have a wealth of information to contribute to the conversation.

A number of members have really done a great deal of speculation on what "really" happened to Walt Gassler. Those who have the personal knwledge about the man and the area of his search have led us to believe that he may have been killed for what he knew, or that his body may have been moved to protect an area or the actual location of the LDM.

Matthew has told us that Walt could not have made it to his camp without some kind of help. It has also been said that he did have some help in getting to that camp.

The people who really know the truth, and posted about Walter Gassler and what took place around the man's death are, Matthew, Greg Davis, perhaps Peter and a surprise post by Jesse Feldman.

Now Peter knows more about the LDM than "most of the old timers". He has told us that only a fool would sit around and tell what he knows about it's possible location. I have no doubt he is correct on both points.

That might make some people wonder why all this speculation on how Gassler died?: Did someone moved the body?; Did he have inside information concerning the mine's location?; Did he actually find the mine?

There are a lot of questions that are being asked about what may very well have been a death from natural causes of an unfortunate soul who may have had no idea where the LDM was. He could have been 100' from the mine, or ten miles from it.

As I have never walked a foot in search of the LDM, but have a small bit of knowledge concerning the legend, my own conclusions as to what is taking place in this thread, seem logical.

I have to believe that Peter, from his own comments, does not believe that Walter Gassler had a clue as to where the LDM was located. If he thinks otherwise, he would not be in this conversation at all.

All of this is just personal opinion, based on the facts provided by those who are making this a very interesting topic. No doubt some will be very offended by my asking the questions. They seem reasonable to us nuts.

Joe Ribaudo
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

There are those who know, those who really know, those who are convinced they know and those who have no clue. It is hard to separate them at times. Some people fit none of the above. Some work their way under the radar and some have you look at everyone else. They don't write books, do seminars or leave much behind of what they really thought.

Everyone could share their dirty little secrets, but those secrets are what has helped preserve those very things we relish to find on our own. There are a lot of things that don't involve stone maps, death bed confessions and shiny pieces of rock that keep me coming back for more.

Sometimes you have to just hang out and watch the rocks grow to figure things out. I am just fine doing that.

The story of Gassler just as happy as can be, breaking rock on the mountain is the place I want to be. That story itself was worth the topic.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

>>They seem reasonable to us nuts.<<

Excellent.

The first step to becoming sane is to admit you are a "nut". Hopefully this will be the beginning of your rehabilitation.

Now please go away.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The Ultimate Truth

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

"The story of Gassler just as happy as can be, breaking rock on the mountain is the place I want to be. That story itself was worth the topic."

A profound thought, and the place we would all like to be.

Matthew started a great topic and it has all of the intrigue of the entire LDM legend.

Behind the topic, we are still left with the question of why we are being led to think that Walt Gassler knew something about the location of the LDM and why it's just possible that someone caused his death and or moved his dead body?

That story goes way beyond the participants of this conversation. It has been nurtured along by others as well.

You are correct that the story is well "worth the topic". Part of that story is how it is being used to sway people to think that Walt Gassler had some important insight into the location of the LDM. If you believe that, than you must also believe that small clues can be found in his story, and perhaps in this thread, that would lead those who are interested, to the LDM.

The area that Walt Gassler was searching, has been searched piller to post, since the death of Jacob Waltz. If the mine was anywhere near Gassler's camp, Peter, who knows everything, would be silent or starting another topic.

Matthew was correct in stating that the man's death was tragic. We do not need to start another legend around Walt Gassler. Fact is, in the long run, he was just another another victim in the Tex Barkley story. Other than sending Walt on a wild goose chase, that lasted for years, Tex had nothing to do with his death. No one did, it was just his time.

Walt had just what you said, a place on the mountain to break rocks and a beautiful white stallion to keep him company. Who could ask for more.

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Are You A Fool?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

Does your usual "non-answer" mean that you believe that Walt Gassler was close to finding the LDM, or had found it? If so, does that make you a fool for trying to convince everyone there was some deeper meaning to the man's death......some kind of conspiracy? 8O

Thanks for your sage advice......I will stay a little longer. :lol:

Joe Ribaudo
djui5
Expert

Re: The Ultimate Truth

Post by djui5 »

Part of that story is how it is being used to sway people to think that Walt Gassler had some important insight into the location of the LDM. If you believe that, than you must also believe that small clues can be found in his story, and perhaps in this thread, that would lead those who are interested, to the LDM.

The area that Walt Gassler was searching, has been searched piller to post, since the death of Jacob Waltz. If the mine was anywhere near Gassler's camp, Peter, who knows everything, would be silent or starting another topic.

Joe Ribaudo

Joe,
This post, to me, implies that you knew everything Walt knew. Is this true?
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Not Quite

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

There is no way that anyone could know "everything" that Walt Gassler knew, but I believe we are all pretty close.

Walt was searching a "dead" area as far as the location of the LDM is concerned. If and when it is found, it will be nowhere near the popular search areas.

That is all just opinion, based on 47+ years of being around folks who were searching before I was born. In this particular case, it's who you know rather than what you know.

I believe, as I have said many times before, that the "old timers", who mostly know less than Peter, figured this thing out a long time ago.

Now the one thing that I do know.....is that gold bars marked as the Kings Royal Fifth have been seen, held and photographed by more people than have been involved in this thread. While we are wasting time on the non-mystery of Walt Gassler, there are real treasures to be found in the Superstitions. That is not just an opinion, but fact. That assumes that the other caves have not been found.

Much like the conversations about where Deering camped, I am having a good time following this thread. Knowing, as I have been assured by Peter, that no one on the Forum takes me seriously, makes the whole thing sweeter. :)

The real answer to your question is: Walt Gassler knew the same thing that every other Dutch Hunter knows. He was one trip away from falling into Jake's mine. That's why it's still called the Lost Dutchman Mine.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

And the legend lives on.

Thanks Joe :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari