2006 Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
WyattWestwood
Part Timer

Post by WyattWestwood »

Deleted................
Last edited by WyattWestwood on Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Bad Manners?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Hello Wyatt,

Actually you were parked a long way from where the action was. I would have had to yell to invite you over, and your baleful glare looked less than friendly.

The reason I asked Mark to stay in camp, was because I recognized you
and was unsure which persona had shown up. Blackbeard was a rather famous pirate/thief, and it turns out that was who had control that day.

Mark explained he caught you rummaging around after we left. Don't know what you would have been looking for, as I thought you pretty much knew everything.

Hard to sneak around when your picture is availabe. That's what comes from being "World Famous". :)

Anyway....it was good to meet you, and the distance was just about right. :lol:

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
Newjerseyman
Greenhorn

Post by Newjerseyman »

Golly Joe! I can hardly wait to shake yer hand! Lookin' forward to it. Hope you don't mind if I shake yer hand with my left-you know I've spent a lot of time in the Mid-East here and picked some of their habits. So, considering it's you, only fittin' that I give my left paw-preferbly after I just left the Porta Potty. See ya there good buddy. Don't ferget yer plastic badge Sarge! :twisted:
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Bad Habits

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

NJM,

I will make it a point to put on rubber gloves before I shake your hand. No need to introduce yourself, as I will know it is you by the stench, and the AK-47 in your Wyatt Earp lunch box. :lol:

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Joe,
providing we are welcome, my wife and I both look forward to attending again this year. Let me know if you need us to contribute anything. Last year was a great start. This year should be even better. If anyone is interested, perhaps I'll bring along my copies of the Stone Maps.

Laz
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Welcome

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Laz,

It goes without saying that your wife is welcome. If she decides to bring you along...... :lol:

As we get closer, we will iron out the details. I expect it will be just as much fun as last year, and better. That won't happen without folks like you pitching in to make the improvement.

Thanks!

Take care,

Joe
lazarus
Expert

Dacite Cliffs

Post by lazarus »

I found this article by Tom Kollenborn about the Dacite Cliffs just north of Don's camp. I thought those of you planning to attend this year may find it interesting.
http://www.ajpl.org/aj/superstition/1acite.htm

Laz
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

It is a nice hike up and around to the mine, for those with the gumption you can continue up and enjoy some nice views from the main mountain. There is no real trail that I remember up and around there. But it is a nice hike up by the eggshell and around by the keyhole.

I would think for some of those who have never been in the mountains, Geronimos cave and a view of the needle would be more exciting. Everyone should go up Devils slide at least once in this lifetime.

Some of the cliff areas can be dangerous. I have gotten hung out to dry more than a few times.
WyattWestwood
Part Timer

Post by WyattWestwood »

Deleted................
Last edited by WyattWestwood on Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WyattWestwood
Part Timer

Post by WyattWestwood »

Deleted.................
Last edited by WyattWestwood on Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

If you want stew and so on it is $25 bucks through Joe. He also said it could be refunded or go towards shirts and coffee cups for this years event. I am pretty sure thats where it was last I read. Otherwise it is free and open to all.

I am sure someone will put up a map and directions to the Dons camp when the date gets closer. We could post a sign or something at the turnoff.

I don't know about the naked ladies, I would have to leave the kids behind. If they are not pretty naked ladies, I would have to stay home.

I do believe Greg posted about the camp rules or something along that line concerning the Dons camp. It included answers to your questions about RVs and Quads.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

:?:
Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Just Enough

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

We now have four (4) topics relating to the Rendezvous. Why the need for seperate topics is beyond me. Peter has created two, to explain how the event will be done and Matthew has given us information in another.

Just to be clear, that is just a personal observation and not some kind of demand for one topic to handle the event. Personally, I hope everyone else who thought the whole idea was "stupid", will start a few more topics on the subject. :lol:

As Peter and Matthew have changed the name of the event, which is also fine with me, perhaps they should get together and decide on just one name, instead of the two they are using. That will make T-shirts and coffee mugs just a little easier to order, for those who want them. If no decision is forthcoming, I will use the original name.

To be clear, again, those who want the two meals will need to send me a check for $25. If you show up, the money will be refunded in cash. No one needs to send anyone any money for coming to the event. That's the way I understand it, unless the folks who are working behind the scenes to make this event a success have made another decision.

I will not be putting a list of who's coming to the event, on the Forum.

Joe Ribaudo

Hope to see you all there.

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

B.S.

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Nonsense Deleated.

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LDM
Part Timer

Post by LDM »

LDM
Last edited by LDM on Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

I was asked to post the Don's Club Site Map by one of the Dutch Hunter's rendezvous 2005 founders which I did to give those interested a look at the grounds and the camping areas.

Matthew
LDM

I'm glad you did, and if anything, I benefited from it, so it wasen't a "total loss"
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Thin Skin?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Matthew,

Very little of my two posts were directed to, or about, you.

It is great that you and Peter are taking an interest in this year's Rendezvous. I don't have the energy or physical ability to do the things the two of you are suggesting.

When I first thought of a Rendezvous, I had hoped that trips out of camp would be part of the event. Walking on level ground for a mile would probably lay me up for a few days. That makes what you and Peter are suggesting such a plus for the members. Hard for me to talk up a hike and then ask for others to go on their own.

Knowing that you and Peter are close, I assumed you had talked over not posting to this topic and creating others. I believe Peter mentioned that just before he started another Rendezvous topic and you posted your own topic on the same day. In any case I am glad, for the Rendezvous, that you are both involved.

It was childish on my part to feel slighted.

I look forward to meeting you at the Rendezvous.

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

And You Are Trying Soooo Hard

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

I agree with your post completely. It has been mentioned before and I assume that is where you came up with the idea. You, of course, were the subject. :lol:

Once again, I appreciate anything anyone does to make the Rendezvous a success. That includes a knucklehead like you. :D Rest assured, your efforts, both positive and negative, are noticed. You will get all the credit you deserve, especially from me.

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Hospital?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

Don't believe Red River, New Mexico has a "nervous hospital", but you probably have a pretty good list.....just in case.

I was staying in a nice Condo that was around 100' from the river. Nice trout, including Golden and a black bear that came down to fish at night.

I believe it rained or drizzled almost every day we were there. Felt like Alaska. :lol:

If anyone want's to see some pictures of God's country, just ask.

Joe Ribaudo
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Did some reservation work on a school there in the eighties. Nice country. You made me jealous with the trout.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.