VUDU website

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
RONN
Greenhorn

VUDU website

Post by RONN »

Being the greenhorn that I am, I must admit that my knowledge of the LDM is limited to the many books that I have, as well as what I can find on the internet. Last night I ran into the VUDU.com website that offered a tremendous amout of movies as well as a six part series on the LDM. Cost me $1.99 to view each 45" segment. Apparently this production was something approved and permitted by the forest service. I think i have learned more, viewing all of the segments, than reading all my books. The last segment shows an interview with Tom Kollenborn. The 'players' so to speak are as follows:
Frank Augustine
Eric Deleel
Mark Dodson
Keenan Johnston
Mitch Kelldorf
Julie Auerbach - Producer
Henry Capanna - Producer
I am sure that some of you are familiar with these peope. But my whole reason for writing this topic is the ending of the last segment where they find an ancient ladder leading up a sheer rock wall to a cave. Upon entering the cave they discover an ancient metal plaque embedded in a rock wall with symbols unknown to them. Upon returning to the Circle U Ranch they discuss their find with someone that is obviously very knowlegable of what they found. Turns out it is a Jesuit plaque, (placed there sometime in the 1700 hundreds), with certain inscriptions that indicate a treasure trove is within that cave some 25 yards or so from the plaque. Seems that this crew ran into a Jesuit Treasure and not the LDM. The final scene, they are discussing the find with Tom Kollenborn.
End of story!
Does anyone have any more knowledge as to what this is all about. I have not had the time to research all of my books, but to date I have not found anything.
Thanks - RONN :?:
azdave35
Part Timer

Re: VUDU website

Post by azdave35 »

that ladder is not ancient and there is no cross in the cave..the ladder was put in a few years ago by the government to monitor the bats
RONN
Greenhorn

Post by RONN »

Hello Azdave35. Thank you so very much for your explanation of the video I viewed. As you can probably tell I have a lot to learn, and I welcome any inputs from this forum. Might I ask you where you found out this information regarding the ladder and plaque. Or, if you would rather not say I certainly understand.
Thanks much
RONN
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

Ronn,

You forgot onew name there:

Wayne Tuttle

He is the "TEAM LEADER" and the only REAL Dutch Hunter on the show. I am friends with Wayne and Frank. Both really good guys. You couldn't ask for better company in the mountains, or more knowledgeable in their subjects of interest (Wayne= LDM, Frank= Prospecting).

The Bat Cave Ladder is newer and the Jesuit Cross was not authentic.

Mike