Dutch Hunters

This forum is designed to be a place of learning, discussion, opinions, positive attitudes, and a general gathering of people with the same interests to post as they please.

Moderator: Jesse J. Feldman

Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Dutch Hunters

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

If you could take three or four people from the LDM legend, and place them all in the same half mile square, who would they be? Not where, but who?

The most obvious would be Jacob Waltz. Now which Dutch Hunters would you like to see in that same half mile square with the Dutchman?

Keep in mind that many people who are considered "Dutch Hunters" were actually looking for Jesuit Treasure, not a mine.

You might pick Glenn Magill, Barry Storm, Adolph Ruth and Chuck Aylor.

I would pick whoever created the Stone Maps, John Chunning and by extension, Joe Deering and the Two Soldiers.

Joe Ribaudo
redison
Part Timer

Re: Dutch Hunters

Post by redison »

[quote="Joe Ribaudo"

Keep in mind that many people who are considered "Dutch Hunters" were actually looking for Jesuit Treasure, not a mine.

Joe Ribaudo[/quote]

Joe,

As every miner knows, the best place to find gold is where it has been found before. If the Jesuits/Spainyards/Mexicans were mining in the Superstions, then the stone maps/crosses/hearts have just a good a chance of leading to the "Dutchman" as any Indian/Deering/Two Soldiers/ stories do. Especially when according to Waltz in both the Holmes and Thomas versions his mine was an old Mexican working.

Redison
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Reddison,

I understand what you mean when you say "shallow". There are a number of people here who are several layers "deep".

Saying that, "As every miner knows, the best place to find gold is where it has been found before." seems like sage advice to me.

The first question that comes to mind is: How much "documented" gold has ever been found in the Superstitions? Not many qualified geologist's hold out an ounce of hope that there is gold to be found in the Supe's.

If I were a "miner", which I freely admit I am not, would I go looking for gold mines in those mountains? Walt'z is suppose to have said, "No miner will ever find my mine."

Other than "legend", is there any evidence that a Jesuit was ever in the Superstitions? Any evidence of a Mission in the area? That was usually the first thing Jesuits did, near a mine.

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rochha
Part Timer

Missions

Post by rochha »

Joe,

You said:

“ Other than "legend", is there any evidence that a Jesuit was ever in the Superstitions? Any evidence of a Mission in the area? That was usually the first thing Jesuits did, near a mine. “

Yes missions were constructed close to mines and a water source, but….if they went into the superstitions just to “ hide “ something, there would be no missions at all. There would only be clues left to find what was hidden, like 4 map rocks!

Rochha
Last edited by rochha on Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redison
Part Timer

Post by redison »

Joe wrote;

How much "documented" gold has ever been found in the Superstitions? Not many qualified geologist's hold out an ounce of hope that there is gold to be found in the Supe's.

Joe,

re: How much "documented" gold has ever been found in the Superstitions?

The comparison between "Documented" gold found in the superstitions, and "Documented" INCOME are very similiar. Not all gold found in the superstitions is documented for the same reason that not all income is.

re: Other than "legend", is there any evidence that a Jesuit was ever in the Superstitions?

Could be Joe, but if there is, it's probaly filed away in the folder with the undocumented income: :)

redison

Afterthought:

I never assume that just because something is documented it is true.
ie: There are thousands of documented reports of UFO Sightings and Abductions. But there are Millions of people like myself that do not believe any of them.

The same thing works in reverse. The fact that something has not been documented is not proof that it never happened.

redison :wink:
Last edited by redison on Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Legend

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Rochha and redddison,

I agree with what you are both saying. However, that does bring the entire thing back to "based on legend" status. That does not mean it is not true.

If the Jesuits had anything to do with the Superstitions, I agree it was bringing something in, not working a mine or mines. The Jesuits would not be hiding the evidence of working mines in the Supes.

I don't believe there is any record of Spaniards exploring the interior of the range. They kept pretty good journals, including the finding of any mineral wealth. The Jesuits, even more so.

Are we saying that whoever brought "treasure" into the Supe's, used the "Kings Code" to record the locations on maps, or stones? Did they mark the trails and locations according to the codes? Is that what we are looking at in the other posts? Was the "Ancient Latin" what was being used by the Jesuits in the New World?

Joe Ribaudo
redison
Part Timer

The King's Code

Post by redison »

Joe

Some people believe in the King's Code, but you will never see anything about it in my posts.

re: The Jesuits would not be hiding the evidence of working mines in the Supes.

Maybe you subscribe to the idea that the Jesuits were expelled from the New World because they were not saving enough souls?

:wink:
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Is there any other stone maps similar to the ones discussed here that are purported or proven to be Jesuit. Could it be possible as well like Templar Treasure, the Jesuit treasure was removed long ago and the stone maps were cast aside as they left with the treasure ?
redison
Part Timer

Dutch hunters

Post by redison »

Don't mean to ignore you zentfull, but the topic of this thread is Dutch Hunters. It is slowly moving into a parellel "Jesuits in the Superstitions" thread. This is not good and could lead to everything here being deleted. Please move to the existing topic to discuss Jesuits in the Superstitions.

redison
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Sorry by the time I posted I forgot the thread. Typing my thoughts rather than answer the question.

I would put Rheiney, Walt Gassler and Adolph Ruth in the area with Waltz. I would like to see those three tragic names find what they were looking for. Al Morrow would be a possibility as well.

Of course Julia, Rheiney and Ruth would be another. How these lives could of changed and altered for the better.

I find my combinations are more from the heart than the head.

Glenn Magill, Hermann Petrasch, Tom Kollenborn, Bob Corbin........

Kollenborn, Corbin,Gassler and Tex Barkley would be interesting as well. At least they would all get along.

Depending on which Waltz we have, any combination with him could eliminate the other 3.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Follow the Thread

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Zentull and redison,

Actually, I tried to seperate the Jesuit treasure hunters from the Dutch Hunters in the first post.

As it's my topic, I don't mind if we follow the conversation wherever it leads. It is usually up to the person who creates the topic to decide if it is straying too far off the original subject. As I mentioned the Jesuits in the subjects lead post, I feel they could be in the mix.

I believe we have gone a good distance into the Jesuit angle, and would not mind seeing us going back to the original questions.

One last thing along that vein, :roll: Al Morrow was searching for a Jesuit Treasure.

Joe Ribaudo
rochha
Part Timer

Jesuit Treasure

Post by rochha »

Joe,

So did Celeste Jones and Ed Piper, at least according to Dr. Glover.

Rochha
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

As well as according to Robert Sikorsky who worked for Jones.

My Mind however says Jacob Waltz, Joe Deering, Don Peralta and Me. I got to be there to get in on the action. Guten Tag Herr Waltz, was ist los?
We do know that these three do know the actual location and have been at the actual site.
Tracy L Hawkins
Part Timer

Three men and Waltz

Post by Tracy L Hawkins »

Chuck Rabiado, Bob Ward and Ernie Province
WyattWestwood
Part Timer

Post by WyattWestwood »

Deleted.....
Last edited by WyattWestwood on Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Three Questions

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wyatt,

I believe Gene Reynolds has pretty well shown, that "Crazy Jake" did not have the papers you are speaking of.

The Jesuits were not the only Catholic Order here during the period in question. Beyond that, there were "nonsectarian" priests who were also in the New World.

While it is very possible that the Dutchman's gold came from Goldfield, the Stone Maps do not pertain to any area outside of the Superstitions.

If the ores that Dr. Glover tested were from the LDM, they "have a pattern to their gangues not commonly found in central Arizona gold mines."

Others may have a differing opinion.

Joe Ribaudo
WyattWestwood
Part Timer

Post by WyattWestwood »

Deleted.......
Last edited by WyattWestwood on Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TC ASKEY
Part Timer

Dutch Hunters

Post by TC ASKEY »

Wyatt,
I think the Goldfield Mountains would be a fine place for you to start your search. As well as the four other locations that you mentioned. How can anyone argue with that?
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Blind Faith

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wyatt,

Sorry, I won't be providing any answers concerning my sources. I may write a book someday, and will explain everything then. That is well accepted form on this forum, and you will find yourselg in a vicious fight if you attempt to pry that information out of me. The "others" will come down on you like a ton of bricks. :)

I was under the impression that you had figured out the Stone Maps. I thought everyone knew they were a dead on copy leading you into Whiskey Springs area.

"Surrounding a Final Mine or Treasure site there will be many, many more Priests including one laying down holding a shield in one hand and a Cross in the other. This is a Knights Templar Vault Seal Symbol. The Priests (Witches, Wizards) also surround the main Rock Type Map that contains the “Key” symbols with the distance and direction of the secret Mine \ Vault opening. These “Key symbols are symbolic.
Very Masonic. Very Hidden. The Main Mappers Campsite will give instructions for the Tool Vault Location and a small cache. This will also contain the final uncoded maps and other stored items. Right from the Stone Map System.

I’ve changed and hidden a lot of the above real information for obvious reasons." (Emphisis in bold by Joe)

Are you saying that what you have written is gibberish?

Thanks for your reply,

Joe Ribaudo
bill711
Expert

Dutch Hunters

Post by bill711 »

TC I like your answer better than Hose,s.
:lol: :lol: Bill 8)
WyattWestwood
Part Timer

Post by WyattWestwood »

Deleted......