WHAT IS AN AMERICAN

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

WHAT IS AN AMERICAN

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Written by an Australian Dentist....and too good to delete....

To Kill an American
You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is . So they would know when they found one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

"An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim.
In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world.
The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan. Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty , welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America.

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.
<BR>
So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

Please keep this going!
Pass this around the World ?
Then pass it around again.
It says it all, for all of us
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

oh shut up ..for gawds sake! :lol:
Don update your email address
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Giving Up

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

But Don.....,

This is the, First Amendment Forum
Anything goes. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.

This is the time to speak out, and for action. The entire world is under attack and folks like you are trying to take away the last line of defense.
When the terrorists who bombed London decide to start killing the defenseless Brit's, in their homes, how will they/you defend yourself and your familys?

Wife, kids, Grandmaw and Grandpaw, dogs, cats and you.....they will kill everything. It's called terrorism. That's what the folks in Czechoslovakia
felt when the Germans came rolling into town. Do you remember who they asked for help, and the results of that plea?

The free people of this world need to wake up before the crazies get nuclear bombs. Will you be safe because you gave up resistance?

Should you place your faith in the Government for all of your protection?
I own a lot of guns. Have been shooting since I was 13 years old. If you put all my guns together, they have killed less people than Ted Kennedy did in just one day at Chappaquiddick. Don't really want that part of my Government protecting me.

More guns in the hands of the LAW ABIDING CITIZENS means less crime. By defination, law abiding means you will not use your weapon to commit a crime. The rest of the world's "citizens" are beginning to realize that. Some won't wake up until it's too late........That would be you, Don.

That's why your crime stat's are going up and ours are going down.

Take care,

Joe
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I know several young men who recently left for Iraq. I have a number of friends and neighbors who have returned home safely from both Iraq and Afghanistan. Each of them believe in what they are doing wholeheartedly. Their thoughts and feelings are not represented on the evening news. I hope the letters I send give them small comforts and bring a smile or two during their tours. I am grateful such young men exist.

My paternal Grandfather received severe wounds and shrapnel he carried to the grave while in France during WW1. My maternal Grandfather survived the Bulge and was one of the many volunteers who followed Patton. He received severe wounds in Korea and was incapacitated the rest of his life. I am directly descended from Isiah Tuttle who lost an eye at Valley Forge. My Father, Uncles and Cousins never complained about the service the gave this country whether it was Korea or Vietnam. Though I choose a different path in life, none of them questioned or were disappointed in my path or choices. They all are and were good men. They wore their patriotism on their sleeves. There is nothing wrong with that.

I know that one thing these young men look forward to is checking email and the moments they get on the internet. It gives them a taste of home and normalcy, but if for a few moments. We should always remember the sacrafices they are making and how our words can affect these young men in trying times.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Don,

Here is an undeniable fact:

"One of the first things Hitler did when he came into power, was to remove all guns from the citizens of Germany. The Jews who were marched into the gas chambers had nothing to fight with. Once the means of resistance were removed, the will to resist went with it. That's the reality of what actually happened to millions of innocent people."

Unlike many others in this dangerous, dangerous, dangerous world, we are in no rush to give up our ability and will to resist the gas chambers and bullets of those who wish us all dead.

Here's a bulletin! THOSE SAME PEOPLE WANT ALL OF YOU DEAD, AS WELL. The Jew's of Germany and Europe, looked to the Governments of the world to protect them. Did you happen to notice how well that worked for them?

In a perfect world, no one would need guns for protection. I will give up my guns as soon as that perfection is achieved. Anything earlier......leads to the doors of the gas chamber......Remember?

Take care and have a nice trip.

Joe
Newjerseyman
Greenhorn

Post by Newjerseyman »

TAKE THE CHALLENGE ADDICT! COME ON RIBAUDO-YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO STAY OFF THE BOARD ONE WEEK? CAN YOU "QUIT ANY TIME" ADDICT?
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

E-mail I received

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

GOD BLESS ROBIN WILLIAMS The Plan! Robin Williams, wearing a shirt that says "I love New York " in Arabic. More.................... You gotta love Robin Williams......Even if he's nuts! Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan. What we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message. Robin Williams' plan... (Hard to argue with this logic!) "I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for Peace. So, here's one plan." 1) "The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, Past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those "good ole boys", we will never "interfere" again. 2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany , South Korea , the Middle East, and the Philippines . They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence. 3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave, we'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them. 4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers. 5) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby. 6) The US will make a strong effort To become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cop e for a while . 7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we'll go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.) 8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of us know that what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything. 9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies ! and fai r weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens. 10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. 11) The Language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE... Now, isn't that a winner of a plan? The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddl! e d mass es. She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' " If you agree with the above forward It to friends...If not, and I would be amazed, DELETE it!! May God bless you . God Bless America

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Joe Ribaudo, and I approve of this message. :)
rvreclus
Greenhorn

What is an American?

Post by rvreclus »

Joe, Zentul, Et Al.
Interesting piece from the Dentist, Zentul appreciated your response, but what's with the rest? I don't have the same politics as some of you on this site, but I appreciate the fact that you do exercise your right. I prefer to keep my opinions on these matters private. To the rest of you is your argument against the exercising of FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS or the right to censure those you personnaly disagree with? RVRECLUS
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Re: WHAT IS AN AMERICAN

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

In God we Trust.

CBS DIDN'T STOP HIM- THIS IS GREAT

Good for him!!!

Surprised CBS let him get away with this, even though he's
right!

Andy
Rooney said on '60 Minutes' a few weeks back:

'I don't think being a minority
makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The
only things I can think of that are truly
discriminatory are things like the United Negro
College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment
Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have
things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud
Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss
White America ; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson
will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I
think killing makes you a killer. You can kill
someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is
trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the
Boy Scouts for a reason, which is why there are no
girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE
YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE ?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is
not a phobia, it is an
opinion.

I have the right 'NOT' to be
tolerant of others because they are different,
weird, or tick me off.

When 70%
of the people who get arrested are black, in cities
where 70% of the population is black, that is not
racial profiling; it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are
selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a
newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in
English! As a matter of fact, if you want to
be an American citizen, you should have to speak
English!

My father and
grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the
countries you were born in to come over and
disrespect ours.

I think the
police should have every right to shoot you if you
threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you
can't understand the word 'freeze' or 'stop' in
English, see the above lines..

I don't think just because you were not born in this
country, you are qualified for any special loan
programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax
breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop,
trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of
certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars
to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they
could come over here and tell us our constitution is
a living document and open to their
interpretations.

I don't hate
the rich; I don't pity the poor.

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and
television. That doesn't stop you from watching
them.

I think Bill Gates has
every right to keep every penny he made and continue
to make more. If it ticks you off, go and
invent the next operating system that's better, and
put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village
to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to
stand up to the kid
and say 'NO!' when necessary.

I think tattoos and piercings are fine if you want
them, but please don't pretend they are a political
statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip
ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly
infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of 'Political
Correctness.' I know a lot of black people, and not
a single one of them was born in Africa ,
so how can they be 'African-Americans'?
Besides, Africa
is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a
European-American because my great, great, great,
great, great, great grandfather was
from
Europe .
I am proud to be from America
and nowhere else.

And if you
don't like my point of view, tough...
I
PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE
TO THE FLAG,
OF THE UNITED
STATES
OF AMERICA
, AND TO THE REPUBLIC,
FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE
NATION
UNDER
GOD,
INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY
AND JUSTICE
FOR ALL!

It is said that 86% of
Americans believe in God.. Therefore I have a very
hard time understanding why there is such a problem
in having 'In God We Trust' on our money and having
'God' in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why don't we just
tell the 14% to BE QUIET!!!
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

I was sent this email by a good friend who is also a well known Dutch Hunter:

IN GOD WE TRUST

Ours vs. Theirs

My great-grandfather watched as his friends died in the Civil War, my grandfather watched as his friends died in WW I, my father and my uncle watched as their friends died in WW II, and Korea, I watched as my friends and classmates died in Vietnam.

None of them died for the Mexican Flag.

Everyone died for the U.S. flag!

Just this week, here in Texas , a student raised a Mexican flag on a school flag pole;

another student took it down.

Guess who was expelled??...The kid who took it down.

Kids in high school in California were sent home on Cinco de Mayo because

they wore T-shirts with the American flag printed on them.

Enough is enough.

Every American needs to stand up for America .

We've bent over to appease the America-haters long enough.

Take a stand!

I'm standing up because the hundreds of thousands who died fighting in wars for this country,

and for the U.S. flag can't stand up.

If you agree, stand up with me.

If you disagree, please let me know.

I will gladly remove you from my e-mail list.

And shame on anyone who tries to make this a racist message.

THIS IS OUR COUNTRY!

And, because I make This statement

it
DOES NOT MEAN

I'm against immigration!!!

YOU ARE WELCOME HERE, IN OUR COUNTRY!

Welcome! To come through legally:

1. Get a sponsor!

2. Get a place to lay your head!

3. Get a job!

4. Live By OUR Rules!

5. Pay YOUR Taxes!

And

6. Learn the LANGUAGE like immigrants

have in the past!!!

AND

7. Please don't demand that we hand over our lifetime

savings of Social Security Funds to you.

And

8.Since the time of Lyndon B. Johnson, Presidents have been

giving away our Social Security to foreigners. It's time they stop. Many of us who have

already paid into the system for 35-40 years are now being

told WE have no right to expect to receive it from our current Administration.

If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone,

Then YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!
When will AMERICANS STOP giving away THEIR RIGHTS???

We've gone so far the other way...

bent over backwards not to offend anyone.

But it seems no one cares about the
AMERICAN CITIZEN

that's being offended!

WAKE UP America !!!

If You agree.... Pass this on.

I agree with every word!

Joe Ribaudo
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

Not only is this NOT the America that my grandfather and great grandfather remember, but it's not even the one I remember from just 30 years ago.

It's rapidly becoming less and less of a UNITED States of America and is on it's way towards crumbling from within - the same way many other "empires" were destroyed.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Paul,

It's really hard to believe how many Americans did not see this coming. It's not like the man did not advertise his past and where he wanted to take this country. 8O

IMHO, If he succeeds in his agenda, we, as a people, don't deserve this country.

President Obama is much too inteligent to be stumbling into the future that is staring us in the face. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Take care,

Joe
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Obituary

Born 1776, Died 2008
It does not hurt to read this several times.
Scroll down
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul , Minnesota , points out some interesting facts concerning last November'sPresidential election.
Number of States won by: Obama: 19 McCain: 29
Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 McCain: 2,427,000
Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million
McCain: 143 million
Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:
Obama: 13.2 McCain: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory McCain won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country.
Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low incometenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegals and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.
If you are in favor of this, then by all means, delete this message.

If you are not, then pass this along to help
Everyone realize just how much is at stake,
Knowing that apathy is the greatest danger
To our freedom.

Joe Ribaudo
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

Joe, I'd be really curious - and I mean REALLY CURIOUS to know what would happen if we had National Referendums on some of the subjects that are affecting America these days.

The referendums wouldn't necessarily have to even be binding in any way - they would just be a way to once and for all tell the politicians what THE PEOPLE are really concerned about!.

I'd love to see the results of National Referendum votes on things like...

1) Should immigrants here illegally be allowed amnesty?
2) Should every American have the right to own a gun?
3) Should marriage be just between a man and a woman?
4) Should we have a National Language?

and other assorted "divisive" subjects.

Whatever the "voice of the people" is, would at the very least be loud and clear to those who we put in power to make decisions for us. If it turns out the ideas I support are in the minority, then it's quite simply in my own hands as to what I do with the rest of my life and where I do it.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Paul,

In a sense, we already have National Referendums on those subjects.
The polls have shown that Americans are with you on all of the things you mentioned.

Problem is, no one in Washington cares what the people think. We may be able to change that attitude in Nov., but we are living in a different America today.

President Obama just made an appointment that should have gone through Congress. He knew his own party would not approve of his nominee, so he bypassed them.

With a president like that, the people have no voice at all.

Could it be that those who used to defend him have come face to face with the reality of our "Obama" future? Even my friend Brad cannot escape being included in that "our".

Take care, and support Arizona. :)

Joe
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

Somebody said (andI cant remember who) "Every nation gets the Government it deserves-"...Someone else also said "If you cant stand the heat of the kitchen-stop spraying napalm on the fridge!"
Right wing-Left wing-Centre-left and right of centre politics..its all the same shit,just a different wrapper. As for illegal aliens ,well the american Indian probabley thought the same when hordes of English,Germans,Irish,Scottish,Poles,Spanish etc,who through the centuries made up those who are known as Americans today took over their tribal lands and changed the face of everything they held dear. NO politician is ever troubled by whats right or wrong for the population..only whats right for them..Obama and his merry band of men and woman might well be assholes and not fit to rule,but look at the opposition .....how can you have faith in either the sitting government OR the alternative?....The same goes for Britain of course...the same issues raised here apply equally well........we may as well vote for the Anarchy party for all the good it will do us complaning......no good praising "the good ole days" ...they didnt exist except for those at the top..or those perpetually viewing the world through rose-coloured glasses..I gave up long ago......the Rebels are never gonna rebel...so whats the point?
Don update your email address