THE GAS WAR

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
JIM HAMRICK
Part Timer

the gas war

Post by JIM HAMRICK »

Mr. Ribaudo you are again right in interpreting my clumsy writting. I did not mean to say or imply that where my daughter works hires illegals it is that the influx of illegals in that area of Oklahoma has depressed wages.
Please note that I did not say they worked for less than the minimum wage. With out the illegals the local chicken processing plant would have too increase wages to attract local people. If the major employers compete for workers all the wages would be higher.

To those who say all men are equal. While this is true when they are born, they come into this world naked and without anything but life. Unfortunately goverments are not created equal. One's worth is largely due to what type of government your country has. I understand that slavery is still practiced. If you are born into slavery your life is worth little. If born in a more progressive country your worth would be higher. People come to the U.S. for the money and because of our high regard for the individual. God created all men equal but it is the form of goverment that places a worth on that person.

Today we are fighting a war that begin at least 20 years ago (some say centuries). Doesn't everyone remember the many air plane crashes, the first Twin Towers attack, the explosion in Oklahoma City, the second Twin Tower attack, the attacks on our embassies and ships? Now Mexico wants to covertly annex (reclaim) the southwest U.S. What does it take to wake up this country.

Jim Hamrick
Sam Brannan
Greenhorn

For the record

Post by Sam Brannan »

Joe,

>>I am beginning to see this "American" thing Sam's and your way. We really are an evil country.<<

I don't know if you're putting a "spin" on things, or just don't see "this "American" thing" (as you put it) my way. Let me clear this up for you. I NEVER said that America was an evil country. America is the greatest, most moral and compassionate country the world has ever known. My point is, it is currently run by an idiot (possibly evil, but that's for God to judge) administration and ruling party that has lost sight of the ideals that this country was founded on. Thomas Jefferson's words in the Declaration of Independence set forth these ideals quite clearly, i.e. that all men are created equal and have certain unalienable rights including Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. Once again, THAT'S ALL MEN, not just Oklahomans, not just Texans, not just Americans, but ALL MEN. The republicans also ignore the words inscribed on the Statue of Liberty: "Send us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses."

I also understand your point, that this country is going in the right direction and is run by a visionary administration and ruling party that is taking the actions necessary to preserve our way of life. The fact of the matter is, if America wasn't a great country, then one or the other of us wouldn't be able to express his opinions, or would do so from his prison cell.

I also understand that because of my opinions, you consider me "to have no clue," to not know what it means to be an American, to have a small mind and implied that I am not "worthy of shinning the shoes of those (I read 'my') ancestors" and that my ideas only belong in places like Iran, Korea, China..." You consider this to be the truth, and I consider it an insult. Either way, this is America and you have every right to voice your opinion, even if that opinion proclaims that I don't possess the same freedom to voice my opinion when it differs from yours. I'm not saying that is your opinion, but from what you've posted it appears to be, according to your "hops like a frog" logic (but then again crickets, grasshoppers, rabbits, fleas and kangaroos all "hop like a frog"). Even though you proclaim me otherwise, I am an American, and I believe in those ideals. That's why I've suffered through your and Bill's diatribes without calling either of you un-American, or not entitled to your opinions.

Sam Brannan
Sam Brannan
Greenhorn

Another viewpoint

Post by Sam Brannan »

Mr. Hamrick,

I both agree and disagree with what you say. Let me explain.

>>>To those who say all men are equal. While this is true when they are born, they come into this world naked and without anything but life. <<Agree>> Unfortunately governments are not created equal. <<Agree>> One's worth is largely due to what type of government your country has. <<Disagree, I believe God, not governments determine an individual's worth>> I understand that slavery is still practiced. <<???, I'll take your word on this one>> If you are born into slavery your life is worth little. <<Disagree, Your quality of life is very low, not your worth>>If born in a more progressive country your worth would be higher. <<Disagree, Your quality of life is higher, not your worth>>People come to the U.S. for the money and because of our high regard for the individual.<<Agree>> God created all men equal but it is the form of government that places a worth on that person. <<Both Agree and Disagree, While governments do place different values on different people, ultimately it is God that judges the inherent worth of an individual>><<<

The Lord Jesus' parable of Lazarus and the rich man illustrates my point:

The Gospel according to St. Luke, Chapter 16

19"There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
22"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell,[c] where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

25"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

27"He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

29"Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'

30" 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'

31"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

[c] Greek Hades

===================

It is quite obvious that ultimately the poor man was worth much more than the rich man.

Sam Brannan
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Hops Like A Frog

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Sam,

Yes, it is a great country. Do you feel it could be better if the Walton's would just give the poor their money? What about you? Are you willing to give some poor family your car so they can make it to the store?

If enough Mexicans get into this country, they want to return it to Mexico.
That's a fine idea, lets start by turning California into T.J., or Calexico.
How much will they pay you to work for them? My guess is that you will run as fast as you can to another State, won't learn a thing, and start mucking things up there.

No matter the reason, Jim's daughter is willing to work two jobs to support herself and her children. Something to be said for folks who are willing to work that hard to survive.

The people of Mexico have been down there a good deal longer than we have been here. They have plenty of natural resources and yet most of the population lives in poverty.

If you want to do the most good, for the largest number of poor Mexicans, perhaps you should move to Mexico and work to improve conditions down there. I submit that the only reason you don't do that, is because of your own "greed".

You might also consider sharing your home with some of the illegal Mexican invaders. Once again, the only reason you wouldn't, is because of your own "greed". Can we assume that on the day of their "walkout" that you marched and bought nothing? Greed?
:roll:

We allow more imigrants to enter this country, legally or illegally, than the rest of the world.......combined. Not enough for you, Sam? The non-American work force in this country adds up to a whoping 5%. Jim's daughter is working two jobs and I know many others who are doing the same thing. I have worked three myself. Someone wants those jobs.

"It is quite obvious that ultimately the poor man was worth much more than the rich man."

OK, so what's your bitch? Want to bring them up here to make more money, get rich and greedy, and end up damned? Let them stay down there where they will all be "blessed".

Most of what you said about my perception of you, is on the money. You need to find support from someone who does not live in this country, like Don. Like you, he has no clue.

Joe Ribaudo
Sam Brannan
Greenhorn

Good luck

Post by Sam Brannan »

Joe,

No wonder you've searched your whole life building on your uncle's life of searching and found nothing. You really think the Good Lord will reward you with the LDM considering your evil attitude.

You've got balls, I'll give you that, better get fitted for some asbestos boxers to protect them come Judgement Day.

Sam Brannan
Sam Brannan
Greenhorn

P.S.

Post by Sam Brannan »

I even found another passage that applies to you:

The Gospel according to St. Matthew, Chapter 7

6"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Just What I Was Thinking

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Sam,

That's a real hoot. :lol: I was thinking of putting that exact line into my last post to you. 8O

"No wonder you've searched your whole life building on your uncle's life of searching and found nothing. You really think the Good Lord will reward you with the LDM considering your evil attitude."

Chuck did not spend his "whole life" searching for the LDM. I have not spent any time, on my own, searching for the LDM. Don't pretend to have any idea what either of us have done. If you could understand the English language a little, you would not have made such a foolish mistake.

I will take my chances on what will happen to me come Judgement Day,
and stack my life up against yours......any day. Don't need to quote the Bible to prove my own worth, just keep living the life I lead every day.

It's been fun, but your times up with me. :wink:

Joe Ribaudo
buscar
Part Timer

The Dollar

Post by buscar »

The Dollar

Verily I say unto ye..........
Money

It can buy a house

But not a home

It can buy a clock

But not time

It can buy you a position

But not respect

It can buy you a bed

But not sleep

It can buy you a book

But not knowledge

It can buy you medicine

But not health

It can buy you blood

But not life

So you see money isn't everything

And it often causes pain and suffering

I tell you this because I am your friend

And as your friend I want to

Take away your pain and suffering!!

So

Send me all your money

And I will suffer for you!

Cash only please!

After all, what are friends for, huh??

I HOPE THIS MADE YOU SMILE!!!
LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE!
MONEY CAN'T BUY A GOOFY POST, EITHER!!

They come from your crazy friends

buscar :lol:
bill711
Expert

Money

Post by bill711 »

Buscar; If suffering brought you money I should have one hell of alot of it somewhere? BUT it aint with me! Maybe someone else is holding it for me??? :lol: bill 8)
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

joe,
if ameria had shown some backbone in 1939, in all probability ww2 wouldnt have occurred,a statement of intent would have been enough,but as usual selfish interests ame first.what part did russia play in d-day you ask? apart from occupying the german forces in the east nothing :lol: dunkirk? a defeat of course,but an honourable 1,ever hear of the "little boats of dunkirk"? but enough of that..just 1 question for you....why do u have to mention me in your epistle to sam,?wether i do or do not "have a clue" is irrelevant inso far as your conversation with sanm goes. and i dont have an"american thing" as you so quaintly put it....it is just that at times it seems (judging from your statements) that you believe no other country exists ,or does anything positive, save america.i know everyone to a greater or lesser extent is brainwashed,but surely there are limits?
yours sincerely
hernando :D
Don update your email address
bill711
Expert

Gaasss

Post by bill711 »

Sam; you are not in jail or prison so you don,t have to take to the bible on us! :lol: bill 8)
bill711
Expert

Gas=Hot air

Post by bill711 »

WELL JOE; I think you are the last man standing! You whipped and blistered his hinny so bad that it brought him to the LORD! He,s quoting scripture and verse now! Talk about beating the devil,s ass... :lol: bill 8)
bill711
Expert

Hot gas

Post by bill711 »

Donny donny; YOU know that we Americans have had to come in and save Europe from her own crap twice in the last century. Your indignity is just your self defense over your embarrassment, because you know that it,s true! NOW it,s alright to love one,s own country BUT you know that none of them compare with the usa. WE have always furnished you arms and money and whatever you needed in war time. YOU all in Europe tell us to butt out when you don,t need us but come begging to us when things get rough. You know this is true. France sucked and kissed the hitlers behind right up until hitler invited himself to paris; England kissed and sucked right up until he begain droping bombs on her, so enough said on that subject... Bill 8)
Last edited by bill711 on Thu May 25, 2006 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

bill america helped europe (at a price of course) although the help was a long time coming :lol: why is it that when you lot get in the mire you always send for the brits? :wink: of course its universally accepted that britain(pound for pound) have the best and miost professional armed forces, something to do with the old bulldog spirit i guess, plus they dont need a hamburger van in close proximity before they start firing :lol:
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

At A Price?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Don,

"bill america helped europe (at a price of course) although the help was a long time coming"

What was that price, exactly? Was it American blood, or just good ol' American cash? :roll:

You are an ungrateful wretch and have no idea what part America played in the defense of Great Britian. If you would like to know the truth, instead of the lies you are telling here, I will be happy to recommend some historical books to bring you back to reallity.

If that would be more trouble than you are willing to accept for the facts, try the following link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4757181.stm

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

joe, american life was lost , same as british, french, australian, canadaian, indian, pakistani, polish, dutch, belgian, lives were lost plus a lot more...but you never seem to mention THEM why is that i wonder.....american cash? it was only a year or so ago britain paid the last instalment of its lend lease agreement with america off. long time coming? yes it was, and if hitler hadnt declared war on america i doubt whether it would have ever arrived. there are no lies coming from this end of the conversation........from your end? well maybe not lies but a monologue heavily tinged with a "we are the greatest" flavour. as for your offer of reading material, thank you, but i prefer an unbiased view, neither pro or anti ,just plain unadorned facts. theres a world outside of your shores,give credit where credits due,.......if you can find any lies in there , no doubt you will inform me. :lol:
your humble servant
ali hassel(pronounced asshole)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bill711
Expert

Gaaassshole

Post by bill711 »

Don from ww1 thru ww2 the american command had to keep the british commanders beat off the tea pot while the commanders sent their young men out to die ! They would hold off bombardments while their men were under intense fire because they hadn,t had their tea yet. The brit. commanders figuered that if they had 20 men and the otherside had only 19 then they could hold out and declare a victory because they had 1 man left. The sickening french were the same way. Great statigatist they were. Who feed and furnished the money to rebuild the Europe? Who furnished their guns and ammo? Who furnished the winning men? We did that,s who. All the rest just foolishly wasted a lot of men that,s all....bill 8)
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

War Dead

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Don,

I agree that LIE is much to harsh in describing the spin that is coming this way from you. That would be like calling President Bush a liar for saying Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. :)

Both come from the same place, ignorance of the facts. Bush got his "facts" from: Saddam, Great Britian, France, The U.N. and a good deal from the Free World. God knows where you get your "facts". No "reading material, thank you".....too biased. Not, what is it, who wrote it or is it the truth?.....Just, too biased.

It's true I think America is the greatest nation on the face of the earth. I also believe that covers every nation that ever was. No doubt you can list all the reasons why that isn't so, but that facts are that we bring in more people wanting to imagrate to this country every year than the rest of the world allowes into their countries......combined.

It's true I have not mentioned all the other countries that contributed to winning WWII, but your list is a mile short as well. Why is that? Here are just a few facts: The United States suffered 407,300 Military deaths in WWII. Great Britian lost 382,600.

Now here is my question for you: How many British Soldiers, or the fifty, or so other countries that made up the "Allies" lost their lives, during WWII, in our country/continent and are buried in the United States?

How many Americans are buried in foriegn lands, killed while trying to liberate their people. I understand that many others have died in that same endeavor....just give me some numbers so I can judge where you are coming from.

"i prefer an unbiased view, neither pro or anti ,just plain unadorned facts."

Tell us one fact you have supplied to back up your anti-American bilge. Everything you have said is an opinion based on lies and half truths.
The last time you used a source for your anti-American tirade, you were told the truth from that source....,chapter and verse. The "unadorned facts" did not phase you one whit. It was still our fault. :roll:

"if hitler hadnt declared war on america i doubt whether it would have ever arrived."

Well, Don, why do you think the payback of our loans would have never arrived? Great Britian, as well as a number of other countries were receiving our "filthy" cash, long before we ever entered "your" war.
That same American "cash" kept flowing your way long after the war ended. How much did the Allies send us?

We have given "credit where credits due" and given and given and given.
Just how much more credit do you folks require? Right now, the credit runs in the hundreds of billions, and the number is climbing every day.
That credit, by the way, only goes one way.

Here are some interesting numbers: In 2004, 4,285 Americans decided they wanted to live in Great Britian. 5,695 in 2003 and 4,355 in 2002.
Same years comming the other way: 14,915, 9,601 and 16,421.

The numbers are even more lopsided as you compare earlier years. As I understand it, we are getting the cream of the crop from Great Britian. You are getting our actors and drug addicts. :lol:

Thank God for Tony Blair. Just proves there are still a few men of honor left over there. Let me know when you come up with some numbers that show what a burden this country has been on you folks. Just want to make sure there is "a world outside of (our) shores". :lol: As you travel through those lands, please do me a favor and count (no calculator please) the number of American Hero's graves in them. As I travel through this great land, I will return the favor, and let you know how many of your heros had to be buried here.

Have you no shame? I will not continue this conversation, as it sickens me.

Joe Ribaudo
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

how many americans buried in foreign lands "liberating" the people? depends what u mean by liberate i guess....i guess you would be including iraq and vietnam? :lol:
still no comment on how or why it took you lot so long to enter the war?
immigration numbers? so all that really means is how many peoples heads are turned by propaganda and also how many want or think they can get their snouts in the trough. any figures on how many emigrate to,then realise theyve made a mistake and return to their own country?......there was once a myth that londons streets were paved with gold,obviously false ,but thousands took it literally and headed in that direction,only to have their hopes dashed. britain has over 250,000 legal applications fer citizenship every year and prob triple that of illegal entries,maybe more.....so does that prove anything?maybe some emigrate yto america cos they would like to experience the gung ho, shoot them down ontheir doorstep attitude,if so you are certainly welcome to them. no doubt they will fit in perfectly.
your figures, not mine for military deaths would indicate that britain lost more lives proportionally.again what does that show?how many allies dead and buried in america during ww2, rather daft question isnt it?
the same american cash flowing "our way" was more than offset by the interests and facilities america recieved in return.

oh and by the way ,you mentioned in your first line"like calling bushy a liar "........... well he did lie :lol:
your facts are very selective,any facts u dont agree with ,you immediately label anti american bilge and condsign them to the waste bin,its why u never win an argument :lol:
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

joe,
sorry i missed the tony blair ,man of honour b.s......yes u r quite right ,tony blair would no doubt become, if he isnt allready, an american icon....a more insincere, slimy, hypocritical leader it would be hard to find.like bush, he is unwanted by his own electorate,unwanted by his own members of parliament,derided in public, loathed by the many, loved by the few, but still clinging on to power ,aided by the corruption endemic in both countries.......their financial futures assured,they condemn countless millions to the exact opposite worldwide.....men of honour-my ass :lol: ....while not concurring with sam brennans religious ideas, his statement that greed is the problem is ghard to argue with....in fact its impossible.
now im sure you are gonna bring up the issue of electing another leader if you are disatisfied, democracy and all that stuff. but who amongst us any more can state with any conviction that fair elections are held anymore? the first bush election was at best dubious ,at worst a scandal.....at the last british election , reports of,vote ballots for the losing party wmysteriously appearing stuffed behind sofas , under cushions in the voting buildings after the elections had ended ,therefore ineligible etc. men of honour? you dont know what the phrase means.....the last man of honour died on the cross so were told, a long long time ago..methinks golgotha is a long way from the white house, both figuratively and literally.
bill711
Expert

Gaasssy don

Post by bill711 »

YES Don and it was people like you caught with the extra ballots and voting slips and made a mockery of the elections. People like you LOST in BOTH ELECTIONS but you will not acept that fact. YOU are one of those bitter losers in lifes lotteries DON and I do not care how much or how little you get in this life time you will still be a little hunched up hand ringing jellous loser. You will always begruge the other man what little he has. YOU want everyone to have the same amount in life but some people would still lose what what ever little that they have like you and still be losers. YOU think everyone should be like a BEE or ANT and all work and give their all to the QUEEN or in your case the GOVERNMENT!!!! So long DON. :lol: bill 8)
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

bill,
i know this will surprise you but....I didnt lose any election...partly cos I wasnt standing for election :lol: ive said this before-i dont vote! everybody have the same?..never said that either...give everything to the queen or government?...nope never said that neither.....and i dont recall hiding any ballot slips ,and if anybody did do thart then its pretty plain it would have been the winners...wouldnt it? as for greed etc how about the old communist saying? "from each according to his ability,and to each according to his needs"? wats wrong with that? lot better than "the fattest pig in the sty gets to eat everything" surely?
youre getting hysterical again bill,just like your mate does, just calm down,grab yourself an AK47 and shoot a few iraquis,or how about a few bolivians?,venezualians? :lol: :lol: :wink:
buscar
Part Timer

Theodore Roosevelt's Ideas On Immigrants

Post by buscar »

Teddy
had it so right! Not Kennedy, but Roosevelt!

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in

"In the first place, we should
insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes
an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an
exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate
against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.
But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet
an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided
allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something
else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag,
the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and
that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole
loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Every American Citizen needs to read this!

buscar :)
bill711
Expert

Gassss

Post by bill711 »

Well Don I see you are wrong again! What ever I say will be taken in the wrong vein and go over your complete head! YOU gave me the impression of a good little commie. If you take like a commie then I have to beleive that,s what you are even if you deny it. I feel sorry for people like you that are in your condition. I am not supprised at your not voting. Well in this country it was the losers who were caught with the ballot and boxes,"democrats". So don,t think it,s always always the winner. " Right". I will not waste any more are or pencil and paper on you. bill 8)
bill711
Expert

Gas War

Post by bill711 »

Don as far as I am concerned either you can be part of this country or not but if you want to be part of this country you should learn the language and vote and work here and be loyal to the country. If you think some other country is the best then go there and live, " test it out". BUT you should support your country in it,s time of need you do not support the enemy the way you do! The people " so called imagrants that we have coming here now" are not like that They are just here to use the country for whatever they can get from it. They do not want to be a part or loyal to the country...bill 8)