Humorous (but true) Quote

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
TGH
Expert

Humorous (but true) Quote

Post by TGH »

Ran into the following quote from an army officer who was chasing the Apache 130 years ago. Speaking about travelling in some of the more rugged terrain in AZ:

" I defy anyone to make his way over this country without the aid of profanity."

Brought a smile. As some of you know up close and personal, 1/2 Italians from NY can wield profanity like a surgeon wields a scalpel....particuarlly during an encounter with the local "hosh" (cactii).

P
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

actually i prefer the "hurrah lads, weve got them now!" quote of custers just prior to (attempting) to ford the river into the sioux camp at the little bighorn............. :?
Don update your email address
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

update my email address? who said that?this is getting creepy woooooooooooo
Don update your email address
Roger
Part Timer

Favorite Quote - Will Rogers

Post by Roger »

Will Rogers is the source of my favorite quote:

"Be glad that we don't get all the government that we pay for.
"

There is something to be thankful for in this one!

Roger
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Let He Who Is Without........

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam." :lol:

Oops!

"I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head."

Respectfully,

Joe
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
bill711
Expert

Funny

Post by bill711 »

Roger; I thought that WILL said " We have the best government that money can BUY" ? Bill 8)
Roger
Part Timer

Will Rogers' Quotes

Post by Roger »

Bill,

Go to the following web site on Will Rogers' quotes and my quote is No. 4 on the list:

http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Will_Rogers

Didn't dig through the total list, but your's may well be there also.

Roger
bill711
Expert

Funny

Post by bill711 »

Roger; Old Will was one of my favorite Aut/hum. If he didn,t say what I said he did then he should have. If you get the chance to watch his Auto. on T.V. Take it! Watch this guy with his LASS ROPE he can rope the same horse 5 times with five ropes He is a Wonder with a rope. He is worth watching. It also tells and show some of his old movies too. Thank you for sending me this I really enjoy reading it. My mother used to listen to him before I was born, He was her soap opera of the day. with the babies. Bill 8) P.S. Who said gov. changes? Just more expensive is all! .
Roger
Part Timer

Will Rogers Museum in Claremore, OK

Post by Roger »

I have relatives in Claremore, OK, and have visited there a number of times over the years. There is an excellent Will Rogers Museum in Claremore as he lived in the immediate area in his later years. Here is their web site if you ever get that way:

http://www.willrogers.com/index3.html

The museum was built in 1938 on 23 acres that Will purchased in 1911 for his retirement home, but he was killed prior to building it. He is buried on the property. The museum has been expanded several time over the years and is now 16.000+ square feet. It is a top notch museum.

Also, if you go to Claremore, check out the J.M. Davis Arms & Historical Museum close to downtown. It is the best gun collection I have ever seen with more than 20,000 firearms on display. Here is their web site:

http://www.thegunmuseum.com/menu1.htm

Enjoy!

Roger