safe?

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
santos
Greenhorn

safe?

Post by santos »

just wondering, do you think london is safe enough for americans to enter yet? :lol: I cant but help feel disgusted and ashamed that this administration would issue an order like that to its servicemen after all the british have done to help , aid and support america in this ill concieved war. I t stinks of a "fair weather friend" approach, im sure its not gone unnoticed over there. My condolences to the poor, poor souls tragically killed, injured etc in that dastardly attack.I wish our country could show half the backbone that these londoners have done, i know thats eaier to say than do .Heres hoping the perpretrators are caught soon, and put through a bacon slicer, itd be no more than wats deserved.
kind regards
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

Post by dutch elm disease »

well santos....wat u expect..?.sounds par for the course
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Lacking Veracity

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Interesting how known liars are now posting "facts" on the LDM Forum, and the yup's and head nodding is universal. :roll:

I guess it's to be expected.

Joe Ribaudo
CuMiner
Greenhorn

Post by CuMiner »

Cu
Last edited by CuMiner on Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Liars

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

James,

There are people on the forum who have used other identities to tell their lies. I have exposed them, and that is what really caused all of the problems.

Many of the lies have been about me personally. Second (or more) identities used at the same time, are lies. If you are having a conversation with yourself, it is a lie.

When I left the forum before, and came back as Heidi, it was because there was so much focus on me personally, instead of the forum topics.
That seemed like a good reason, at the time. I did not slander any of the members while using that name.

If you are one of the liars, you don't need to ask me. You need to ask yourself....Why am I doing this?

Joe Ribaudo
CuMiner
Greenhorn

Post by CuMiner »

Cu
Last edited by CuMiner on Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Straight Answers

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Mr. Anderson,

If you see your name in my post, you will know I am talking about you.

If you are not using a second identity, and you are not lying, I am not talking about you.

Here is what I said:

"Interesting how known liars are now posting "facts" on the LDM Forum, and the yup's and head nodding is universal.

I guess it's to be expected."

Not only are these people known as liars to the rest of the forum, they know they are liars. Some have no idea, like Wyatt. :)

Had I meant to include you in the "known liars", I would have said "everyone" who is posting on the LDM Forum is a liar. That is not factual as far as I know.

It is interesting how you have assumed I was talking about you.

"I asked if you had a specific issue with me personally."

Well....specifically, I don't know if I even know you "personally". Perhaps you would like to clear that up right now. Once again, you are the only one who knows.

I know it is fashonable to have a fight with Joe, but you are shadow boxing right now.

I hope I have answered your question, to your satisfaction.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
CuMiner
Greenhorn

Post by CuMiner »

Cu
Last edited by CuMiner on Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Not Clear?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

James,

You do have an interesting spin on what I said.

I should think that only the "known liars" would take offense. I also said that, except for Wyatt, they know they are liars. Anyone who takes that as a blanket statement that everyone who is posting on the LDM Forum is a liar, needs to reread the post. Even after I made it clear that I don't know you, you still suspect I may be talking about you.

The reason the liars are left "nameless", is because with all the multiple identities that are being used, I didn't want anyone to feel left out. Are you using more than one identity? If not, I will be able to formally say that James Anderson is not one of the liars I am writing about.

Send me an e-mail with your name, address and phone number. I will give you a personal call to apologize for not expressly saying YOU are not one of the liars I have mentioned, and will also post an apology here, even though I have not called you a liar.

You can see, if I have to do that with the three or four hundred other members, it could become cumbersome. I would need to include people like Aurum, LDM.........and all of the other respected members of this forum. I have not called any of them liars, that I know of.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CuMiner
Greenhorn

Post by CuMiner »

Cu
Last edited by CuMiner on Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Understanding

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

James,

I did not "imply" anything. My comments were specific.

[Interesting how known liars are now posting "facts" on the LDM Forum, and the yup's and head nodding is universal.]

Those who have lied about me, were "hand led", by me, as to how they could prove the were not liars. They chose not to.

Why you have decided I was referring to you is a mystery to me.
There are a number of members who are still posting to the LDM Forum.
So far, you are the only one who thinks my comments were directed to James Anderson. No one else has jumped up and said "Hey! Why are you calling James a liar?"

I have no idea what was in my comments that would make you think you were the target. If you tell me why you feel you are the person(s) I was writing about, I can give you some kind of explanation, as to why it is not so.

I understand why you would not want to give out your personal information, as there are some real wackos out there.

"I still don't agree with you on your assessment of your posts and your explanation that their implied meaning should be understood by all unquestionably."

There is an army of folks out there, who "don't agree" with me. Trust me, you will get over it. If you would drag the quote into your next reply, where I explain that my explanation "should be understood by all unquestionably", I will be happy to explain what I actually said.

You have managed to read a lot of meaning into what I have, or have not, said that just aint there. Not to worry, as the army I spoke of likes to do the same thing. How far off base can you be, if you're with an army? :lol: I know, that was really bad. :oops:

I don't know if this post will help you get past the "Joe is persecuting me"
syndrome, but I hope so.

My replies here have, mostly been in jest, as I have no idea why you assumed I was talking about you. You have not made that many posts,
so I have no idea where you are coming from.

"You can see, if I have to do that with the three or four hundred other members, it could become cumbersome. I would need to include people like Aurum, LDM.........and all of the other respected members of this forum. I have not called any of them liars, that I know of."

I think it is pretty clear what my point is here. I only mentioned two people, who are fairly well known, and see no reason why that would confuse anyone. I qualified them as "respected members of this forum" to make a point.

You do not need to agree with me. I don't need to agree with you. It tends to make the conversation a little more interesting that way. Two people with opposing opinions also create an atmosphere of learning. I learn from those who explain why I am wrong.

There is no need for you to agree with that. :)

You might want to read my posts concerning this topic, again. Remove the idea that I am talking about you in my original post. It might make all the difference in the world.

Take care.

Respectfully,

Joe
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Jimmy Anderson

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

James,

"You have a point of reference for these people and a history with them but it may mean nothing to the person you are posting to."

Since Aurum gave us so much information concerning the "Anderson" family, I assumed you would know who he was.

"Just a thought, certainly nothing you have to live by."

Not to worry, as I have no intention of marching to someone else's drumbeat at this late date. Thank you for the advise. As always, I will pay close attention when you post.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
CuMiner
Greenhorn

Post by CuMiner »

Cu
Last edited by CuMiner on Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

History

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

James,

The conversation between Aurum and Novice, concerning the Anderson Family, is a classic. If you hve not read it, you should. It is really the essence of why the LDM Forum was the best source of historical information (LDM) in the world.

I guess the boys over there have run out of new "clues", "facts" and "evidence", and are now concentrating their efforts on Entomology and "Show Business". :lol:

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ray Tucker
Greenhorn

Weak and Insecure people

Post by Ray Tucker »

To all serious members of this website,

I initially found this website through a google search Keywords “Cursum Perficio”. It took me to a forum and a topic started by a member named Jan. In searching the topic for my keywords I found exactly what I had been looking for. At first glance, it appeared to be a very warm and friendly place to exchange information and discuss many different things that I had become interested in over the last few years. I made a few posts in the topic and exchanged a few PM’s with Jan and later exchanged a number of e-mails. A few days later I returned to the same forum and saw that all of Jan’s posts were deleted. In place of each one was a short message that made it clear that Jan herself had deleted the messages and they were not deleted by the Webmaster of the of the site or the Moderator of the forum. Being confused and bewildered by this I sent an e-mail to her inquiring about the reason for the deleted posts. She apologized for my confusion but offered no explanation other than that if I would browse the other forums and topics on the website I could form my own conclusions. I spent a couple of evenings doing just as she had suggested. From that I can only conclude that it is a mystery to me why she would ever get involved with a website like this one to begin with. Out of more than 300 members I can see only 8 or maybe 10 besides Jan that appear to have any sincere interest in any of the subjects, and more importantly any applicable information or knowledge on the subject of the website to present in an open forum, While the other 290 or so members seem only to be interested in disrupting any subject that is introduced by the few individuals that are trying to inspire a meaningful exchange of information. Worse than that there seems to be a small handful of members that march to the beat of one outspoken member that should have been ejected from this website by the Webmaster a long time ago, and taken his groupie followers with him. Wakeup Webmaster, 75% of this members posts are totally irrelevant to every topic he is posting in and the other 25% are nothing more than pure verbal assault and insult towards the type of members on this site that I suspect it was originally intended for. I wish I could find another website with a similar topic and of the quality of the one Jan was bringing to this website. As yet I have not, but I intend to keep searching. For those of you that continue to feed the “Beast” on this website and render it useless for its intended purpose, you should remember that weak and insecure people always try to elevate themselves by undermining the efforts of others that bring attention to their weaknesses and insecurities. One method they use to do this when they have no knowledge or experience on a certain subject is to change the subject by creating a diversion through some sort of chaos and redirecting the focus of the conversation towards another subject that they can show how smart they are in, and conceal their ignorance in the original subject before the dust from the chaos clears. These kind of people have no respect for genuine knowledge and experience, and find themselves very threatened by it, resulting their never ending introduction of the constant chaos you see on this website.

Since the seemingly inexperienced Webmaster and Moderators of this website let go on for so long, I am left to assume that they either can’t see what is happening here or they just don’t care.

I see it has become common practice for some members to post their comments and views to as many different topics as possible to ensure they are viewed everyone that happens to enter this website. I will comply with the local tradition by doing same.
bill711
Expert

Safe?

Post by bill711 »

Thank You Ray.. bill 8)