bill

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

Post by dutch elm disease »

joe,
you obviously dont play much chess, or ifyou do you must surely play vastly inferior players.your post makes it clear you have but a rudimentary knowledge of chess. but who cares?
contrary to what you say, i have not cast my lot with anyone, and your bullshit assumptions are as silly as they are untrue.i called LT BROWN A LIAR? i did? no i disagreed with a portion of what hewrote. i said my country always wrong? did i?? if so where did i use those words?far from it being my contention that i know everything aboutwhats going on in iraq,i know or rather sift through what i can garner from t.v radion, newspapers, listening to EVERY side of the story, and reasoning it out and forming an iopinion. NONE of us (excepting you it seems) knows the machinations of government, the deals that are struck, the complete motives involved....we are not privy to such information....maybe in 100 years the public may learn thewhole truth ..until then we have nothing but opinions.
aterrorist without the risk? what an extraordinary fatuous and prattish statement to make. if your only recourse to an opinion is that kindof answer, then it shows one thing only....you arerapidly running out of answers and ideas.
why keep harping on about your mate bush? he along with kerry are but mere distractions....they are figureheads thats all.the thought that bush could formulate a strategy about anything let alone a war is frankly quite amusing.
now areyou gonna refute my previous post without resorting to childish attavcks orare you not? maybe you might feel more comfortable if you first removed bill from off your shoulder?his hooting must be a strain on your ears methinks. boy joe you must be really desperate to see yourmate bush safely ensconsed again in the white house.
your responses seem to indicate that people like you and bill...ifindeed you had any authority....would put an end to any opinions that didnt mirror your own. .....any differing opinion has as a welcome hisses and boos and a rousing chorus of liar! liar! liar" and you are the enemy! you are the enemy! you are , in your own small way, no better than the people and dictatorships you wish to see destroyed.if i judge you by your posts as you have judged me by same, im afraid my "judgements" in your case would be anything but complimentary, so i wont air them here.
when youre ready to drop the childish attacks, maybe......im here assuming you may have somewhere in dark recesses of your mind the ability to converse without the need for hysterics....ill be happy to continue this ,or on the other hand just as happy not to. the choice is yours...im neutral
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Chess Kidding

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

DED,

You said:
"you obviously dont play much chess, or ifyou do you must surely play vastly inferior players.your post makes it clear you have but a rudimentary knowledge of chess. but who cares?"

Another omni-diirectional statement. Since you begin your post with this comment, most people would assume that YOU care. In your world, this would be referred to as "clear thinking".

The first part of you statement is true. I "don't play much chess". I used to play quite a bit, studied a few of the masters, and played a few highly rated players. I won some and lost some.

If you take any defense, say "Alekhine's", which has been played since 1921, you will find that it was highly successful for a short time, a very short time if you take the life of the defense, 1921 to 2004. The reason for this is simple: A defense, by it's nature is a "system". In chess and many other endeavors it has defined parameters. Like the lines of defense placed on your computer to protect it from hackers, brilliant minds, like those who are Masters in chess will find ways to attack and defeat any defense created.
That is it's weakness. It is a known product. I assume, from your posts, that you prefer the "French Defense", sort of a Maginot Line as it were. :lol: That is the problem with all defenses, they are all "Maginot lines". That is an opinion, and as such, is no better than the next guys.

You said:
"i said my country always wrong? did i?? if so where did i use those words?"

What I said was:
"If I read your posts correctly, given my poor understanding of the language, your own "mantra" seems to be: My country, always wrong."

If you are going to defend yourself from these attacks, the first line of that defense might require understanding what is being written in the attack. You may want to apply the same method to the other "attacks" (you mentioned) that have unfairly painted you as someone you are unwilling to admit to being.

Unfortunatly, the evidence for my impression, and a few others, of you has been posted on this site for some time. I trust you will not go back any time soon, like Wyatt....... and deleate those posts. :lol: "The moving pen.........." :)

I look at you DED, as the Dan Rather of the LDM site, glibly overlooking the true leaders of the attack on Caen in your headlong rush to find fault with, what must surely be, your adopted country. :cry: Sort of a "my country, always wrong" attitude.

Much like any defense used in chess, your defense will only work for a short time. That time span, in this case, is the time it take anyone with a modicum of pride in this country to read your post and make a reply.

You wrote:
"defences to percieved threats are often defences to non existent threats andattacks sometimes become headlong retreatss....bit like our current situ in iraq?"

That's an interesting view on what is going on in Iraq. Should we take your opinion on the "situ" as the truth? If so, what does that make Lt. Brown's assessment of what is going on, that he sees every day? Would that be something less than the truth? If he has bad information, some how, doesn't that make him as much of a liar as President Bush?

I will take your name of "childish" any day over "enemy" of the United States. Your using "hysterics" to describe my post is a hoot. The fact that you find what I have written here as: "Wild", "uncontrollable", "emotional" or "extreamly comical" explains your views on our country and what we are trying to do.

My posts have been calm, measured and factual. :lol:

Are you ashamed to sign your real name to these posts? Are you trying to keep your own "dark" thoughts from being known to those who know you? Good idea.

Joe Ribaudo
bill711
Expert

bill

Post by bill711 »

yeh; the maginot line; the germans left it full of magget holes, where they didn,t just drive around it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: bill
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

A Moving Tribute

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Grayhair,

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for the link to that moving tribute.

It seems to be "in fashon" these days to question the motives for American Heros sheding their blood in distant lands. While some politicians may have their own reasons, and bankers and finaciers may have theirs, this country marches to a different drummer with higher ideals.

We fought for the right reasons in Viet Nam, but allowed people like lbj, John Kerry, Jane Fonda and DED to win the war....for the Communists.
They have been carrying the flag for the opposition since the time of the Torries. History has documented the voices of these people for those who are interested in where we are, as a people, and where we are going as a nation. Without the voices, and the will to sacrafice everything rising in opposition to these weak sisters, we would be living in fear, much as the people of Iraq, Afganistan, Iran, China and a very long list of other nations thruout history have been subjected to.

Perhaps if we could just talk to the terrorist, show them that we love them and give them whatever they want, they will stop killing children and cutting off the heads of the builders who have come to them with the gifts of humanity. They will understand and call us "brother". I believe it is possible. Let us send John Kerry, DED and lbj, into the streets of Iraq, to explain this love and brotherhood, and remove the troops ahead of them. I am confident that will work and save many lives. I will pay for DEDs air fare into Bagdad. They will give him a hero's welcome, and someday, like John Kerry, DED will have his picture in a museum in Bagdad, dedicated to those who have helped the terrorist defeat the once proud United States of America.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

your responsesaretypical of your ilk, question or disagree with any one part of the equation ,and according to that mentality then that person is branded as disagreeing with it all, hence by definition he is then a terrorist sympathiser, enemy and all the rest ofthe blather. you are either one hundred per cent in agreement with the present action or youare one hundred per cent against it, no middle line , its one or the other huh? so much for lateral thinking, let alone linear.
chess obviously isnt your forte, any more than logical thinking is.you see joe, you play to the gallery, you feel free to make your silly comments, andcriticise those who would think differently to you and your narrowminded outlook. because maybe the majority of peiople on here prob share that view and agree with you means nothing. go to another forum, another state, and the opposite might well be the case. no doubt in that position you would crawl under the table and keep your views to yourself.
my identity is no dark secret, theres no shame involved,you on the other hand wish to divulge yourname ,address, phone number to all and sundry, one wonders why? areyou that desperate to findfriends? try a dating agency?
as for views of other members of myself posted on herefrom time to time,should i be upset? should i worry? should i ,like you curry favour with almost everyone ,
and also joe, its no mystery (at least to you ,i and one other) where the "i hate "america comesfrom is it? that remark was not correct it should have read"im begginning to loathe america andwhat itsbecoming"and hasbeen taken out of context.from a privatemessage( amessagenot sent to u as u well know)
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

joe,
why would i wish to delete anything?<<<<<<<<<shakes his head.
alekhines defence is not a good example , because although it has been refuted in part in grandmaster tournaments,there has of late been a resurgence of that particular defence which has been playedwith varying degrees of success. of course no defence , no method really will work against a master, unless of course you are a master(or very near to it) yourself. masters see the board in a completely different way...they neither attack ordefend, because defense is attack and vice vera.its prob lost on you but thot id mention itanyway.
jane fonda huh?oh well seems im in good company, bob dylan too? im sure neither of two are gonna be in any way upset about your opinions of them either. im beautiful today .....i am , i am :roll:
Wyatt Westwood
Part Timer

Post by Wyatt Westwood »

Bush in 04!

Jimmy Carter said what he was with Kennedy this weekend.
A Communist!

I've been a Repulican since Jimmy fucked up and let Iran have the world stage. That was the wimpyest time in American History! Reagon came along and said: You got twenty four hours to release those Hostages or were going to blow your country off the Map!

It was over in one day.

Now that's Leadership like Bush Has!

George Bush is the next Ronald Reagon and has ten Balls of steel!
Put the Commies with the Terrorists in the Cuban Prison Camps!

Wyatt "Bill" Westwood
lbj
Part Timer

Post by lbj »

wyatt,

wow, you got some prime choices for presidents. an alzheimer's victim and a village idiot. right up there with the rest of the aliens :D
bill711
Expert

bill

Post by bill711 »

Bush is a good honest man and is only doing what he said he would do. The lib,s begain asking right away about exit stratigy, Hell we have to win first, we didn,t go over there to turn around and come back. We didn,t go over there to give up before the war started like some of the lib. communist would have us do. They want to destroy our form of govenment so they can replace it with crap and all the peon,s and non suck asses can be miserible togather. They make big promises but never deliver on them. Bill
Wyatt Westwood
Part Timer

Post by Wyatt Westwood »

I saw a huge Billboard next to I-10 on he way back to Tucson from Phoenix Today it said:

"Talk is Cheap George Bush is Real"

Wyatt
rochha
Part Timer

Bush

Post by rochha »

Billy,

While I might not agree with you on your treasure hunting claims, I agree with you 100 percent about George Bush, he does have balls of steel. He is doing exactly what he said he was gonna do in Iraq and Afghanistan…..” We are coming “…..and did we ever.

Rochha
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The Real "Village Idiot"

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

lbj,

That "village idiot" has done pretty good for himself. Makes one wonder what the person who is calling him such things has accomplished in his own life.

Just where do you get off calling anyone a "village idiot"? Did you attend Oxford with "Slick Willy"? Now don't get me wrong, I don't mean to run down your career, running the shoe-shine concession at the airport, but you need a serious reality check.

I don't see any signs of brilliance in your posts. Don't hide your abilities from us. Let it shine!

Joe
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

and tothink wot started all this...imerely wishedclinton well sigh,do i get the feeling hes not likedhere? merely faint suspicion thats all...one wonders why iraq is being arguedabout.... i mean the wars beenover for a year....hasnt it? :lol: im sure somebody said that....now who was it? hmmmm
bill711
Expert

Bill

Post by bill711 »

ded; You know bush was talking about the war with iraq. Now we have an on going war with the al qade, which we are winning even tho dan blather says we are not. we are killing more al qada everyday. we have a on going war with the terrorist ALL over the world. BUSH said at the outset that it would go on for years. NOW if you can read or hear you know he said that. YOU have been listening to the shit of our society and saying BUSH said it. Bill :D :D :D
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Quote Please

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

DED,

It would be a good idea to research what you "think" President Bush said on that aircraft carrier, before you become the liar that you accuse him of being. Why don't you think for yourself, instead of just repeating something that someone else said. That's how you got in trouble on Caen.

Spreading the lie, will not work in the efforts to defeat President Bush.
You are trying to change history into something that fits your twisted thinking.

While you will see this as a personal attack on you, it is not about you at all. It is about lies, liars and the truth. You will not find that truth by listening to the lies over and over. You will find it by seeking it out on your own.

Respectfully,

Joe
bill711
Expert

bill

Post by bill711 »

Joe; Have you seen how people will go on beleiving people like clintonoid=cnn=dan blather even after they admit that they have been lying to the people??? These same people swear by them and are ready to fall on the sword for them? Will they never wake up?? WHAT is wrong with their mind,s?? Bill
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

joe,
i didnt feel i did"get into trouble" over caen,you said nothing in that conversation to change my opinion.remember i wasnt just basing my opinion on books alone,it was also from people who were ACTUALLY THERE!. :lol: AS for "justrepeating what others have said" arent you doingjust that when you quotefrom books or articles you might have read?
as for "spreading the liestodefeat president bush" where doyou get that from? ive stated repeatedly in our "conversation" that i care not onewhit who wins or loses. on the issueof "trying tochange history tofit mytwisted way of thinking" im not doing that either, im merely an observer, the same as you,and cos my conclusionis different toyours doesnt mean itstwisted (necessarilly)
all through the previous discussion you have consistently "twisted" my statements andwrung every ounce of possivble meaning out ofthem and come up with totally false and misleading picture.i have in essence only said 1. i dont trust the present administration 2. i think that cheneys 5 deferments and bushs luxury of having powerful relations to enable him to be excused from any meaningful involvement in vietnam war should bar them from all time from sending the youth of this country to war.3. that there are underltying misjustices in middle east that must be rectified before any kinfd of peace will occur. 4. thewar in iraq is a grave mistake.5. that oil IS an issue. 6.weve united every terrorist in worldagainst us.7. bush has acted asa recruiting seargeant for osama bin laden.8.we should look for a better , sensible andthought out way to rub out terrorism.9. that military might aof itsown wont solve it.
from those bland statements you have concluded, 1. ima"terrorist without the risk"2. im just waiting the oppoertunity to shake bin ladens and any other terrorists hand in gratitude3. im enemy of america4. i want togive terroristseverything they want5.i want tosurrender6.im all but aterrorist myself........so ifthatisyouridea"ofthinking forones self" then i suggest your thought processes are indeed "twisted"
i agreed on afghanistan invasion so did most of the world, i repeatwefrittered away support of the community by invading iraq,its a disastrous course ofaction,made even worse by thefalse justification used to invade.
thats it i guess. your accusations and assumptions were lies, not mine, if you are a bush fanatic( nosexual pun intended) thats an issue for you and your psyche....not me. i hope you and your demons are very very happy together
yes bill...no bill...zzzzzzzzzzzz