bill

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
bill711
Expert

clintonoid,s

Post by bill711 »

ded; gall bladder surg is not to bad. I hope you have a good recovery. Joe is right about who can change and effect our lives. DED you need to come to okla and ark. and see and meet the red neck,s. They are some of the finest people you will ever meet. They are a few bad apples tho. BUT you have watched and listened to that shit on t.v. to much, it will poison your mind. Bill
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

Post by dutch elm disease »

thanks joe thanks bill ,as u get older your body dont work quite like it ought to ...such is life..no illwill from me either, things get heated, opinions differ,theres nothing wrong with passion on here, better than boring consensus i feel anyway. takecare both of ya.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

So...........

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

DED,

You have been "post surgery" for long enough now. We require a full report on your recovery, which I trust will be speedy and without compllications. 8)

When the drugs wear off, let us know how you are doing.

Respectfully,

Joe
Knun
Part Timer

Liberals...or...Lost in Space

Post by Knun »

Joe,

I fear you are wasting your time with these two. This LBJ has some phobia about christianity (as if that has something to do with this conversation) and DED....well we all have seen his true colors.

I doubt if either has researched both sides of any issue in their lives. You see that just takes so darn much time and hey if Dan Rathers says it's so well it must be true. LOL!

Wonder if LBJ knows that Clinton granted Haliburton the same type of "no bid" contract during his little Kosovo war. And.....gasp....Cheney did actually work for them at that time. I doubt it since it wasn't a political issue during the traitors watch and not many knew what Haliburton was back then. But in either case you have to discount the fact that they are the best damn company in the world at what they do. Even better than the government subsidized French and German companies.

My personal lib favorite is the line about Bush. He doesn't know what he is doing...he even said "Mission Accomplished." They don't bother to look at the whole statement in context...it's amazing. He was speaking on an Aircraft Carrier finally returning home after a lengthy tour off the coast of Iraq. A Carrier whose mission was paramount in saving untold AMERICAN lives during the push to Bagdad. He was speaking to the crew and stated their "mission was accomplished." If the libs want to be accurate they should speak about his statement that this is "the end of hostilities." I hate helping them but at least they will be able to use the right quote and not look like complete idiots.

The other lib bullshit that goes from one lib to the next that is amusing is the crap about "Bush squadered all the support we had from the rest of the world after 9-11. Everyone hates us now because we invaded Iraq." These idiots believe this dung. First of all anyone who believes that Saddam wouldn't have sold any and all weapons to terrorists, if he got the chance, is beyond nieve (sic dont want to look it up). Let's see, the Traitor, John F'in Kerry, and almost the entire world thought he had WMD and he was abusing 25 million people to boot. Oh, and what about the fact that France and Germany were caught red handed in the Oil for Food scandel. Of course they couldn't support us because they knew they would get busted for selling WEAPONS TO SADDAM with the money we paid for oil. Money which was only to be used for food for the people of Iraq. This requirement was mandated by the UN in order for Saddam to sell oil to UN members. Last time I checked France and Germany were members and are supposedly our allies. They didn't give a shit about us then now did they?

I also love the blather about Bush "stole the election." Just because the DNC (that's the democratic national organization for you libs) paid independant auditors to review the voting....and they all agreed that Bush did win....we'll it sounds better if he stole the election.

Neither of these idiots can even percieve the goals of these terrorists. They don't understand that they must be beat down like the dogs that they are. That killing them (oh, how unthoughtful of me) is necessary. That they will continue to attack us no matter what we say, no matter what we give them. This is no Vietnam or Korea. This is a direct threat to the survival of the United States we are talking about. These idiots don't realize how perilouis our economy is (or any economy for that matter). Do they not remember the cost paid on 9-11. The aircraft industry was almost killed by this attack.

The Muslim countries are shit holes run by dictators, religious fanatics, and premadona monarchs out of touch with the rest of the world. LBJ and DED don't understand that Bush knew this before he did squat. But he saw the danger and had the balls to do something about it. Something we all are and will be paying for for many years to come. But it is something that must be done.
bill711
Expert

bill

Post by bill711 »

Knun; YOU got it right! The only cure for this type of thing is to kill them. If they have a gun kill them do not let them give up just because you got them under the gun. Kill them. Bush if anything is being way too soft on them and the ones he let go are right now biting our boys in the back. It,s their way of being men,because they are too chicken shit to fight. Kerry,s name is pronuanced Kerryion because he is a chicken shit and stink,s to high heaven. Bill
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Speaking Out

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Knun,

Everything you have said is true, except for one thing. It is not a waste of time to speak out against evil.

This country is engaged in a battle of one thousand cuts. We are under attack from every corner of the world, and from within our own borders.

The wars I am speaking of are not fought with tanks, planes and all of the other impliments of destruction alone. We are also fighting wars of words, both written and spoken and the ideas spawned by liars and those who are simply evil. There are minions of these liars, and evil people, who repeat their lies because they believe them to be true. I believe that DED is such a person. LBJ/Wyatt........is just an insane person.

NONE OF THEM SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO SPEAK OUT IN ANY FORUM WITHOUT SOMEONE TAKING THEM TO TASK, WITH THE TRUTH.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" (Edmund Burke)

I will speak my mind when lies and evil are before my eyes, because silence is defeat. I have said before: If a lie is told long and often enough, it becomes "truth". That is how history amd truth is changed, one lie and one word at a time.

I trust that DED is recovering from his surgery, and wish him well.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

yes joe im fine,thanks for enquiring, bit sore burt thats only to beexpected. i suppose i could reply in equal measure to knuns"idiots" and ded in his true colours" crack, whats the point? i could call him a redneck gun toting fool but i wont ,it just encourages people likeknun. the know -all-know fuck-all brigade!
before the inevitable deluge of personal anti lib ,anti freedom of opinion,non thinking, garbage descends id just like to say this.....I (whatever you two think) want the same thing as both yourselves and the vast majority of people want. ..the elimination of terroriesm (from WHEREVER it comes), if i thought the mere killing of bin laden would put an end to it ,id do it myself, but it wouldnt. saddam ,watever his faults and they were legion, knew how to control the various factions in iraq , WE on other hand dont have a clue unfortunately.saddam is no better,no worse than any number of leaders ofwatever countries throughout the world( some we support ,some we dont).
much is made of "patriotism .now i ask both joe and (idiot)knun this question..... if YOU were born in iraq,or palestine, where would your loyalties lie? who would you be fighting for? would you be patriots or traitors? freedom fighters or terrorists?
it seems that you both imagine that anyone who disagrees with the "bull at the gate" approach or tries to see a different way ( and that different way doesnt include surrendering) is either an idiot, communist, enemy of america and no doubt a faggot to boot. with that attitude at the forefront , its no wonder we are as reviled as we are. oh and by the way with thebenefit of hindsight, we can all see that france, germany were right with their reasons for not joining the invasion. but of course its rarely mentioned any more.think , gentleman before you speak, if there was any doubt previously whether or not you were both intellectual pygmys....there isnt now.
annie ..get yer gun
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

More Tough Talk

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

DED,

I was glad to hear you were ok. Hospitals are not healthy places to be. More people die in hospitals, than any other place. :?

It is true that you want the same kind of world that we want. Everyone happy and at peace, with enough food to feed every child in every corner of the globe.

When it comes to working towards that end, we believe in two entirely different paths to achive those things. Apeasment was tried with Hitler, Stalin, Tojo, Pol Pot and every other mass murderer in the world. Tough talk is your tool of choice. You are using it here. It does not work here and it has never worked in the real world. Short term compliance, is not considered to be a victory over dictators, except for people like you.

You would run from Iraq when your friends head is cut off. You would then turn your back on Afganistan when heads roll there. You would then run from South Korea when innocent blood is shed there. You would run from every friend we have if our blood was spilled in their countries.

Where will you run when they start killing us in America, again? There is nowhere to run. Will you then stand and fight? What will you fight with, words? Tough talk? Will you pick up a gun and chase the bastards into holes in the ground? Will you pursue them across the seas into their own countries or in other lands where they are welcomed to hide? If you do that, you will need a stable place to lay down and rest between the killing of the killers. That place will not come without a price, but will you be willing to pay?

Will you only come to that place only with the French, Germans, Russians, Chineese and like minded (my ox is not being gored) countries by your side, or will you do what you know must be done, at any price?

They have brought this war to us, and President Bush is now chasing them into their holes over there.

You sit here in your own personal hole in the ground, safe and cozy, while the warriors of our country keep your head attached to your body, so you can curse your saviours. It is the American way. Enjoy.

Respectfully,

Joe
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
bill711
Expert

bill

Post by bill711 »

DED; see I told you the only thing you have to fear is fear itself. NOW the oper. wasn,t so bad as you imagined was it?? YOU were scaring yourself to death, I could smell the stink of your fear. DED; I am really concerned about your filthy language you are using here. YOU have been hanging out with lbj too long and took up his nasty habits...bill 8O 8O 8O
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Such Language

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Bill,

You have to give these boys a little slack. People like DED, LBJ and count, have a firm grasp on the meaning behind the First Amendment, and they are using their right to "Free Speach" in the manner that best describes their understanding of that document. :cry:

"Filthy language" is the rock that anchors the First Amendment, for them.
The free expressions of ideas is secondary. Unless the expression has "fuck" sprinkled liberaly within the message they are trying to get out,
it is less than meaningful, to them. :roll:

DED claims that Saddam knew what he was doing, and how to control the situation in Iraq. We Americans have "no clue", except for DED, and George Bush just will not accept his calls. Imagine that! 8O
I suppose when some terrorist jerks our leader out of a dirt pit, shaking in fear, DED will be shown to be correct. :wink:

Here's the real deal: When the terrorist have run us out of every country in the world, except our own, they will then turn their full attention to killing us here. Their goal is not to get us out of their part of the world, it is to kill us all. The Palastinians are not killing the Jews in order to get their land back, they are doing it for the same reason that has motivated them for centuries.....hatred! The Muslem fundamentilist are killing us for the same reason, and that will not change......ever.

DED,lbj and count, will ride the coat tails of President Bush and the American soldiers to safety and a better world. If the liars and forgers win, that ride will be in another direction altogether. :cry:

Their voices must not be allowed to change the direction of this President or of this country. History is on our side in this fight. Those who talked and talked and talked, cost the lives and blood of the innocent. We must not allow that to happen, again, to this country.

Respectfully,

Joe
count
Expert

Post by count »

Joe,
I dont pretend to know your thoughts about the first or anything else. If I give an opinion I give my opinion. You are welcome to agree or disagee with it but do you really think that I need you to explain to everyone what I am thinking? In the future it would be appreciated if you would allow me to speak for myself.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Bad Memory?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

count,

You said:

"I dont pretend to know your thoughts about the first or anything else. If I give an opinion I give my opinion. You are welcome to agree or disagee with it but do you really think that I need you to explain to everyone what I am thinking? In the future it would be appreciated if you would allow me to speak for myself."

You said earlier:

"You are also right about my understanding of the the First Amendment. I really have no knowledge of its legal complexities - to me it just means I can say whatever the fuck I want and no motherfucker has the right to stop me from saying it."

"You got me on the Second too. All I know about that one is that if you are rich you can use your semi anywhere you want and an expensive lawyer will see to it that you dont do any time but if you are poor and use a gun to defend yourself get ready to go to jail."

If i'm "right", what's your beef?

Actually you are correct, I should not have grouped you with DED and lbj. :oops:

My apology, sir.

Respectfully,

Joe
Knun
Part Timer

Ded...please THINK before you type

Post by Knun »

DED,

First of all I'm glad to here your surgery went well and your on the road to recovery. God speed to you during this difficult time.

As for your statement:
"before the inevitable deluge of personal anti lib ,anti freedom of opinion,non thinking, garbage descends id just like to say this....."
I would just like to point out that I too am allowed the benefit of being a citizen of the US and voicing my opinion. I find it amusing that whenever someone questions a libs point of view they inevitiably revert to the constitution and in particular the first amendment. Please try and refran from whimpering about freedom of opinion just because someone disagrees with you. It's embarrasing to see you do that. As for anti-lib.....well you got me there. As I stated earlier I think they (as a group) are unthinking media following autotrons unwilling to search out the truth. In a word idiots. I'm sure you think I follow the party line with my nose down the center (or right...lol) but that is not true. If you wish to talk elephant trash let's talk about illegal immigration...that will get me going quick.
You asked what I would be doing if I grew up in Iraq or Palestine. If I grew up in Iraq I fear I would be dead since my younger years were filled with rebellion. Based on what I did during my youth and my knowledge of what Saddam tolerated....I would have been tortured to death at the age of about twenty. As for Palestine, I would probably have bought into the psychotic bullshit and blown myself up killing untold innocent people. Back then I was so horny if someone promised me seventy virgins for eternity I would of asked how to get double. What this has to do with our conversation I do not know. I don't give two shits about there home grown problems. They are shit holes raising terrorists pure and simple. Do you believe we can rationally discuss anything with these people??
As for Palestine do you realize that there are 4 million in Isreal. There are 5 million Jews. If they just asked for the right to vote they would garner the support of the world (just as S. Africa did) and they could change their plight. Peaceably...like you libs want. So instead of spouting off about the Jews why don't spout about what the palestinians continue to do? Blow innocent people up in the name of what?
You actually compare Saddam to what we are doing over there. You cannot tell me that you to don't belive that every malcontent in the twisted Arab world is over there trying to get on the internet with a head in his hand. They are there...sounds damn good to me. As long as we stay the course and continue to kill them whenever they pop up we will prevail.
DED...if you were Bush or John F'in Kerry if he wins what would you do? What you say or promise that would stop these terrorists? In your opinion what do they want? Since Osama didn't do the deed himself should we just put all our resources towards him, back off totally, or what?
Please let me know what your opinion is about this with regard to a solution. Do you see this as a threat to our country? If not why? If so enough to have American children killed over? I watch Dan Rather too. What does DED think??
count
Expert

Post by count »

Joe,
Your apology for doing my thinking for me is graciously accepted.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Who's Doing Who's Thinking?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

count,

If you read back over your own posts, you might find that you have also tried to do some thinking for me. Such as starting a forum and naming me the moderator, which you think, based on a light reading of what I was saying, was something I wanted. I let you know what I thought of your thinking for me, and in rather specific terms.

You based your opinions of what I was thinking on my posts. I have based my opinions of what you think using the same methodology. It may be that my understanding of your written word, is no better than yours of mine. That is not for us to judge.

I was wrong, and apologized for placing you in a questionable grouping, and not addressing you personally. By creating a special forum for me, and what you perceive to be my thinking, while naming me as moderator without my permission, you have presumed too much.

None of this was done by me, without a purpose. The purpose was to create some exchange of ideas. You know I have always considered you a friend, and have no intention of seeing you in any other light. All of us are wrong on occasion. That includes me, and all of my friends.

I know your heart is good, and that is all that really matters to me.

Take care,

Joe
bill711
Expert

Bill

Post by bill711 »

ded; the palastines never had any land in recorded history. They always lived off of some other country. They eventually try to take over the host country and get their ass kicked out like the did in lebnon and jordan. They have been offered land in the past but they wouldn,t take it. They preferred to be whiners and parisites. The jews gave them the land they live on now but now they want juruselm now and to kill all the jews. The palastines who live in isial are allowed to vote in the elections. Bill
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

and voicing my opinion. I find it amusing that whenever someone questions a libs point of view they inevitiably revert to the constitution and in particular the first amendment. Please try and refran from whimpering about freedom of opinion just because someone disagrees with you. It's embarrasing to see you do that. As for anti-lib.....well
first of allknun at no time have i "whimpered" about thefirst amendment, it sounds to me as though you are doingthewhimperingnot i.you didntjust disagree you prefaced it by the"true colours " and"idiots " jibe . its your opinion thats fine, personal abuse is the norm on here, why not get on thebandwagon indeed?
as for yourremarks on israel, areyou not aware how the state of israel came tobe formed,and the methods employed?
you TRIED to answer my question about what if you were born in iraq etc, but failed to address the central issue of that question(at least you tried, joe ignored it completely)
of course saddam and alquaeda WERE seperate issues, they are not now.iraq is indeed a crucible ofterrorists and a haven for them NOW. ASK YOURSELF WHY THAT IS.IT is the anglo -american invasion ofiraq that has made it so.saddam was a brutal dictator who ,despite a few lowlevel contacts withal quaeda did not tolerateterrorists on iraqi soil.since the "end " of iraq war in april 2003 iraq has become a magnet for al quaeda and god only knows what other groups. whwn will you realize that it was our invasion of iraq that turnedthe country from a terrorist free zone into the terrorist capital of the world.even the british it seems have dissenters at the highest level(you willno doubt dismiss them as appeasers too) a british high commissioner the other day said various utterances including"bush is the best recruiting seargeant al quaedacould wish fotr"... al quaeda will celebrate if bush isre-elected" these comments were denied of course...but it was too late..too many peoplehad heard them and i believe these utteranceswere recorded also. jack straw the homesecretary in britain although in public supportiveof the war, in private admitted ofgrave misgivings both of the justification of and the probable end result of invasion.so what you say? but these individuals know the REAL facts not the propoganda the likes of us are privy to.
you asked what would i do? id seek outthe terrorists as much as possible, not invade a country that wasnt involved to make myself look a macho administration in office.the fact which im trying to put across, is that even after the war, after the loss of allied lives, after the spending of billions(which as u so rightly said WE will have to pay for,butof course that resulting recession wont cometill after theelection) we are deeper in the mire than ever.and what are we promised? more of the sa,me! you dont trade WITH the terrorists, you try and influence the potential terrorists, the ones who havent taken that step as yet.we arent doing that, we are creating moreby our macho, unthuinking approach.bombing a mosque is not im sureyoull agree the best way of winning the population over. ifwe dont win over the decent moderates and common people of iraq andthe middleeast ,we lose the war with god only knows what else.
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

joe , you can be so melodramaticat times, in you view of things, whos next? syria? iran? clear the nest of vipers out? only good arab is a dead arab?
as for your remarksabout me running, i spit on them,im rapidly getting the feeling you are playing to the gallery.
i stood up with the flower of a previous generation in another unjust war.war isnt heroic ..on thecontrary it brings out the bestiality dormant in every one of us. itreduces man to his lowest level.anyone who glorifies war is an idiot. war should be last resort ..notthe first. maybe if bush had first hand knowledge of war he might not be so eager to engage in it or send others so to do.
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

joe, rather paradoxically, i did as i said in earlier post AGREE with bombing of afghanistan, so part at least ofyour previous question,comment was uncalled for and silly.
and no doubt georgy boy wouldnt answer my calls....but then why would i want to call him?theres enough b.s on here without searching further afield for it.
bill711
Expert

Bill

Post by bill711 »

ded you are still very ill; you need to go back to the doctor. You do not appease evil; you destroy it where ever it might be! People like you may think you mean well but when they come to your city,s setting off bomb,s you have to reply in like kind. YOU have to hunt them out in their caves or where ever and destroy them. YES iraq is a lightening rod or magnite just as it,s intended to be. WE draw them into there and kill them. Bill
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

DED,

"joe , you can be so melodramaticat times, in you view of things, whos next? syria? iran? clear the nest of vipers out? only good arab is a dead arab?"

The written word is a powerful tool. Some, like you, use it like someone fine tuning a high-dollar racing machine, with a sledge hammer. While you do manage to convey your message, a good deal of nuance is smashed. Is something lost in the process? Only for those who are reading your message. If you are misunderstood, could it be the fault of your "hammer"? The real question is: Do you actually understand what you are hammering out? Quien Sabe? :)

"i stood up with the flower of a previous generation in another unjust war.war isnt heroic ..on thecontrary it brings out the bestiality dormant in every one of us. itreduces man to his lowest level.anyone who glorifies war is an idiot. war should be last resort ..notthe first. maybe if bush had first hand knowledge of war he might not be so eager to engage in it or send others so to do."

You have hammered out a fairly "melodramaicat" statement there. While the process is a little labored, I have managed to see the message you were trying to convey.

Which "flower" did you stand up with, and what "unjust war" did you participate in? Why do you consider "your" war, "unjust"?

Respectfully,

Joe
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

joe,
first of all it wasnt "my war" and the "flower of a generation" phrase is obviously not a phrase you are familiar with.its not too difficult to decode. if you understand what yourereading of course. 8O i sometimes have the same problem deciphering your posts as you obviously do mine. maybe some people have moretime to edit, revise then re-edit again their posts in the quest for perfection.
bill, thanks for enlightening me.your last post was educational in theextreme,draw all terrorists into iraq,?so this ploy was deliberate plan?if it was deliberate its certainly succeeded.good thinking by the top brass huh? :roll: i sincerely hope your nostrils have recovered,its funny i couldnt smell a damn thing1!
joe,
"the forgotten war" was the war, and in my opinion long may it remain so.the casualties ,i pray never will be forgotten,at least by their kin.thats all you will get out of me on that subject,so dont bother probing.
that is not a cheap crack at you ,by the way,just that i dont wish to relive, either in print or any other nmedium certain things.i feel sure youll understand(hopefully)
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The Flower of Youth

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

DED,

Not to worry, as I knew exactly what you were talking about. Don't imagine that you are able to write at a level that I can't follow.

"Which flower did you stand up with?" referred to branch of service. I understand that it is the "flower of youth" that is the main cannon fodder in times of war.

As for it being "your war", I assume it was the only war you were in, so I doubt I could call WWI or WWII, "your war".

We don't need to get into a war of semantics, ideas will be fine and more meaningful.

I spent one year just outside of Da Nang, not four months, and I don't know a single person that went home with three scratches, let alone received Purple Hearts for them. I did see one guy get to go home with a single Purple heart. Mortar round at his feet. Lost both legs and had scars over most of what remained. What hurt him the most, was leaving his friends behind. Proud man.

I am not ashamed of my tour over there. If you are, it is no wonder that you are being eaten up by it. Neat that John Kerry brought it to the front and center of our thinking, again.

I will leave it here, and leave you to live with your own demons.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
bill711
Expert

Bill

Post by bill711 »

ded; D until you decide to quite being a liar and thief you will always be haunted. YOU must stand up for the truth of things and achknowledge them. ALL of what is jordan alot of seria was israli land. The french and british divided up the roaming tribes and gave them israli land without israli,s consent and left israil just the land around jaruslem. Then they dumped the damned philistines in on them to live there. Isral kicked all their asses out. Bill
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Unwarranted Attack

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Bill,

You are over the line by accusing DED of being a "liar and thief", unless you have some proof to back up that statement.

Because he has another view of the history of this country which is the direct opposite of yours, makes him neither of those things. He obviously believes what he is saying. You have to respect that, even though you have no respect for his position. Too many of us are afraid to speak our thoughts. DED has the courage of his convictions and he remains convinced that he is correct.

DED'

[DED]
"since the "end " of iraq war in april 2003 iraq has become a magnet for al quaeda and god only knows what other groups. whwn will you realize that it was our invasion of iraq that turnedthe country from a terrorist free zone into the terrorist capital of the world."

The President's plan was to move the war from our soil, to the soil of our enemy. I, and many Americans, believe that Iraq is a fine place for that war to take place. The more terrorist who gather in that place to kill innocent men, women, children, dogs, cats and the "foreign devils", the easier the war will be on our own country. Trust me, the people of this country will "pay any price" to stop the flow of innocent blood in the streets of New York or any other American city.

The people of Iraq have always been unwilling to pay that price. We are there now, forcing them to take control of their own lives, instead of giving their pre-teen and teenage daughters to Saddam and his sons without a fight. FOR OUR OWN REASONS, we are there to change that life of fear. When we are done, we will leave them and their oil to make their own history, but we will have destroyed the terrorist that are still standing above ground. Those that crawl out of their holes, will not find the same country that Saddam ruled.

When we run from the Middle East, they will start taking bites out of the elephant. The last bite will be consumed here. I prefer that we end it over there. Iraq and Iran deserve the honor of the destruction we bring.
They have been the home of evil for too long. That destruction will come, despite the hand-wringing of people just like you.

Why are we doing it? So that we can all continue to live in the manner we have become accustom to. So that you, DED, do not have to rub two sticks together to warm your family while huddling in fear deep in a cave.
So that your wife, kids, grandkids and great grandchildren can shop in a mall, without being blown into a million bloody pieces by a "God fearing" Muslim man or woman.

You are willing to take the chance that if we build schools, hospitals, homes and feed the hungry, that the terrorist will be won over and become our friends. Those who are terrorist do not want those things.
We can't buy their friendship. They are cutting off the heads, in case you haven't noticed, of the very people who are doing all of those things. They were all willing to take the same chance as you. Who could harm me, I am building a school for the children ?:roll:

We have to fight them over there. If they gather in one place, so much the better. Bill is correct.

WMDs were an excuse, and a damn good one. 9/11 was a better reason, just harder to sell.

What would DED do, to change the terrorist minds and hearts? Would you ask the French, Germans, Russians or Chineese to take our place doing the work of making Iraq and Afganistan a place where the people are not forced to watch a woman killed in a soccer stadium? Do you believe there is anything that could convince them to take our place?
Would the killing stop?

The real problem here, DED, is that you feel it is important to mention the fact that I ("some people") will take the time to go back and correct a mistake in a post, or offer something else that I felt should have been said. I like to make my meaning as clear as possible, because there are people who will nit-pick the words, and miss the ideas. I take the time, because........, and you don't, because.......?

Respectfully,

Joe