The First Amendment

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The First Amendment

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

count,

It is interesting to see that your reaction to my post was to put a "lock box", so to speak, on the "blackmail" topic and to create two spurious forums to ridicule my concerns.

It makes me wonder if you have any idea what the intent of the "First Amendment" was. To equate what ASUgrad was doing with something as noble as the "First Amenndment" demeans a lofty ideal.

What you have effectivly done, is to subvert the real purpose behind the amendment. YOU have cut off discussion concerning the pros and cons of the topic, rather than address the person who has broken, what appears to be, the guidlines set forth in the answers to the FAQs, not to mention possible federal laws. Nice move, count. :?

You are welcome to your opinions sir, and once again have made an ass of youself. Please do not pretend to have any idea what the "Second Amendment" means or even implies. It is obvious you are over your head here. :wink:

"Do something" was an important part of a message spoken at the Republican Convention tonight. It's obvious that you (as best you could) took that message to heart. :lol:

I will no longer call you out of your stupor. Go back to sleep.

Joe Ribaudo
count
Expert

Post by count »

Joe, read your own posts before you complain. You quoted the FAQ and you were right - the blackmail topic was off topic for the LDM discussions so I followed your quote and locked the off topic discussion. Anyone who wants to continue the blackmail topic can do so here.

You are also right about my understanding of the the First Amendment. I really have no knowledge of its legal complexities - to me it just means I can say whatever the fuck I want and no motherfucker has the right to stop me from saying it.

You got me on the Second too. All I know about that one is that if you are rich you can use your semi anywhere you want and an expensive lawyer will see to it that you dont do any time but if you are poor and use a gun to defend yourself get ready to go to jail.

Cant comment on the Republican convention. Didnt watch it because I heard McCain was going to speak. I have too much respect for McCain to watch him debase himself bending over for Dick and W. I hope he remembered to bring the vaseline from the previous GOP primary. No doubt he will need it again.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Understanding

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

count,

I have been reading the topics on this site for quite a while now. It is not the first time, and I doubt it will be the last time, we have been "off topic".
It is, however, the first time you have felt the need to "lock" a topic.

Reading the topics and understanding the "words" instead of grasping the "ideas" behind them, is a common problem these days. Your understanding of the ideology presented by the "Second Amendment" is a wonderful example.

Your understanding of the "First Amendment" is really simplistic, but you have expressed it as best you can, with the speach you feel strongest about protecting. Once again you provide us with words, instead of ideas.

I have the utmost respect for John McCain's military record, (he is a real hero), but if you were really following his career, you would know he sold out to the highest bidder a number of years ago. Wanting to be President, so badly, can do that to a good man. Richard Nixon was a very good example of that very thing. John McCain is well practiced at swiftly getting the lid off of that jar of vaseline when he feels the slightest political breeze blowing his way. Sad commentary on a great American hero.

Being rich or poor has nothing to do with how the "Second Amendment" works in this country. It has a great deal to do with how our legal system works. You will need to look elswhere for an excuse as to what may have happened in your own experiences. The "Second Amendment" will not serve as your whipping boy.

Joe
Newjerseyman
Greenhorn

Post by Newjerseyman »

TAKE THE CHALLENGE ADDICT! COME ON RIBAUDO-YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO STAY OFF THE BOARD ONE WEEK? CAN YOU "QUIT ANY TIME" ADDICT?