KRAIG ROBERTS HISTORY.......

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

KRAIG ROBERTS HISTORY.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Guys,

TNET deleted my post.

My feel good didn't last very long. Hah!

My post

I can certainly understand why Kraig Roberts would like to walk away from all of his previous forum posts and e-mails by trying to spin it that he is a victim and people are revising them. It’s too late and the genie is out of the bottle! He should have thought of that before trying to insert himself into the LDM story and rewriting Arizona history.

I will share some background on Kraig’s forum posts. The Feldman Forum contains a treasure trove of research and background on the stories surrounding the LDM. Ron Feldman created the forum about 2002 and Kraig was involved early on. Sometime, about October 2005, Kraig became upset. The result was that he deleted all of his posts from the forum. Most of the forum members were sick as it basically trashed some excellent threads. At that time, no one really had a handle on Kraig’s agenda and we hated to see him disappear from the forum.

Since he had previously deleted some individual posts and had stopped posting for a while because of some perceived slight, the Webmaster was contacted and listened to complaints about people being allowed to delete their posts. It was shortly after this that the forum was changed to disallow deletion of posts and that also resulted in not being able to edit posts. He did inform us that there was a backup file and he posted it online temporarily and provided a link. From this site most of Kraig’s posts were saved. These posts were shared with numerous members of the LDM community.

In the fall of 2006, Peter Esposito and Kraig Roberts started a new web site. This web site lasted a few years and one day it was gone. Again it was thought everything posted previously had been lost. One of the forum members was doing a search shortly after the site had been shut down and found an archived site still up on the web. With a lot of copy and pasting most of those topics were saved also, along with Kraig’s posts.

So you can see that it’s difficult, no matter how much Kraig would like to have you believe it, that his posts are being corrupted. Several people have the original versions. I would suggest to Kraig that if he believes that Joe or someone else is altering his posts he contact Greg Davis and check his collection to see if anything has been altered. We all know that Greg is as honest as the day is long and I believe he has copies of everything.

BTW the error you sited in the re post was not due to altering of the re post but it was an original error in your post. Check Greg’s collection.

Just the tip of the Roberts Iceberg!

I guess it's OK to say that a person re posting something is not reputable and suggesting that the original posts are being altered.

I'm still chewing on what I want to do but I guess I will think about if for awhile. Hah!

Since I have become heavily involved in my old friend, Kraig's, history I decided to post this warning here. I have deleted the original poster's name, as I did not get his permission first.

If Kraig would like to post a rebuttal or explanation here, I would love to see it. He could start by telling us what year his dad was a missionary at San Carlos, how long and which church placed him in that position.

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Re: KRAIG ROBERTS HISTORY.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Along those lines, here is something I wrote some time ago:

When trying to piece together the "authentic" truth about the LDM and Adolph Ruth, it doesn't hurt to be aware that a great many "authentic" stories have been complete fiction. Here is one such fabrication from Peter's old site:

"Referring back to the above photo of the Hakes and their young son Daniel.
I met Daniel and his wife Melissa at the very last Arizona Pioneers reunion held in Phoenix in 1960. Daniel was in his 80's then and a historian of the Hakes and Morse families. Daniel passed away a few years later but his wife lived on into the mid 1970's passing on at the age of 95. While visiting with Beatrice Lewis of Mesa ( wife of Al Lewis of the Goldfield mines) and Mrs. Daniel Hakes, I had the occasion to listen to the story of Adolph Ruth and the Hakes and Morse involvement, parts of which I have related here in this post.

Hopefully this information might be used to pursue a new and more authentic angle in furthering research on the mystery of Adolph Ruth."

That sounds pretty "authentic" until you consider the fact that the author of that post was only 9-10 years old in 1960.....and not living in Arizona. To be precise, the author was born on Oct. 16, 1950.

Why do people make up these "facts"? Could it just be ego, or are they paving the way for a future book that will include these "first person" accounts?

IMHO, the most trusted sources should be checked seven ways from Sunday, if you are looking for information concerning the LDM.

I know......I know. It sucks!

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Once again, Kraig is getting some resistance to his false information over on DUSA.

http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2943

Steven Trost has, once again, come to his defense. Can "Spirit" and the rest of Kraig's little made up-army be far behind?

I see some wholesale deletions in DUSA's future. It's already happened there in the recent past. Those deletions are a direct result of Kraig writing some questionable "facts" which are easily disproved, if anyone with some good research skills and knowledge of history wants to look into them.

These days his deletions are a waste of time, as those who have seen his tendencies before have started making copies of his posts. He, of course, says that people who quote his previous (deleted) posts are changing the original content. Another falsehood.

Here is where his deletions of all of his posts, along with Peter's, first started:

LDM,

You said:

"When freedom finally came to the Apache at Fort Sill none of the living warriors were allowed to leave, only their families and those who did not fight were allowed to go. After the freedom came it is said that some of the warriors remains who had been hidden, secretly made it back to their homeland and places of spirit power, taken there by family members and friends of the old warriors."

Although Kraig and Peter's posts were all deleted, you can still find some direct quotes in my own posts here:

http://www.thelostdutchmangoldmine.com/ ... l&start=45

Eventually, even his most ardent supporters will realize the truth........Won't they? :roll:

Joe Ribaudo
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

so...this is disappointing ...

I don't do gossip...but..i am frustrated today...I think this behavior is repellant.
I may be an asshole...but at least I am honest...what you see is what you get...

oh..i just got banned on tnet for stating that sandals an a frying pan with holes in it was not irrelevant to the search for the lost Dutchman mine...can't go disagreeing with the moderator with power issues...with facts about where grew up...he knows best.

to fuckin funny...
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Joe - thank you for posting this thread; it is dangerous to speak the truth sometimes, when liars and frauds will not hesitate to resort to lawsuits and threats to silence anyone that speaks the truth about them. I hope you will expand on this start.

Donald, thank you for standing up for the truth, that the finding of the cache of sandals by Jim Bark, mule shoes, the 'killed" skillet or cooking pot, really are solid evidence to justify the search for the LDM. Sorry that they targeted you for standing up for the truth.

Joe a last thing, but I had a discussion with Mr Roberts on DUSA, and he accused me of being part of a "conspiracy" to discredit him and assassinate his character. He then informed me that I have zero credibility, so I told him that everyone knows Oroblanco is a danged liar, but what really fools them is when I mix a little of the truth in with the lies. :lol:

I have seen people tell a lie, and repeat it so long and so often, that they really do come to believe their own lies. An example was an old friend of many years, whom "stole" a funny story of my own, (a misadventure in camp) and made himself the main character, even though he was over 1000 miles away when it happened, and finally I tried to gently remind him (privately of course, not in public where it might embarrass him) that he had not even been there, and I could see by the rage in his eyes that he truly had come to believe that it had happened to him in Yukon (he had never been to Yukon T. at all), when in fact he was many hundreds of miles away. I wonder if Mr Roberts has crossed that line, since he has stated openly that in his view, since so many people have added layers of BS in the LDM legend, it is perfectly acceptable to continue to do so.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, and I look forward to reading more of this topic.
Roy ~ Oroblanco
"We must find a way, or we will make one." --Hannibal Barca
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

we havent met oro..but i have come to respect both you and the wife on the topics you have posted to... great knowledge base...

merry christmas.
donald
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

The feeling is mutual Donald - I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
Roy
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

This should have been posted here:

Some time ago when Kraig Roberts last came on TNet I knew what was coming. When his other IDs started showing up and applauding his every post, I figured it would not be long until they came after me.

I sent Kraig a private message and told him he would not be able to run the same game at TNet as he did over on DUSA. He and all his phony alter egos flooded Jim B. with complaints about my supposed insults to posters like Spirit. All I actually did was ask him questions.

Jim told me he didn't have time to look at the offending posts so it was just easier to ban me.

Kraig and Goldmine have both been banned from TNet. Kraig should have listened to me. When he sticks to one user account, and sticks to factual history, he's very good and I am always interested in that history.

Coming to TNet with an agenda to get me banned was just sick.

Take care,

Joe
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

I know nothing of this guys history etc ,and am not going to pretend that I do. But regarding the B.S element I would imagine that if all the reams of B.S printed in books magazines ,newspapers and spoken around campfires,pubs and the like through the last 125 years approx had been strangled and eradicated at its birth ,and therefore had never come to the attention of the public, then its doubtful that there would be a LDM legend.i.e without the B.S there would have been no story. just my opinion
Don update your email address
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Don,

Agreed! It's to be expected in this environment. In most people's cases, not personally knowing the man, it's no big deal.

For myself, as well as many others, it was all too personal.

Take care,

Joe
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

The Brownie Holmes Manuscript

This thread about the Brownie Holmes Manuscript is in answer to a question cactusjumper asked on a separate thread.

The Holmes manuscript has been the focus of many spirited discussions, disagreements and misconceptions over the years since it first surfaced in the early 1960’s. Allegedly written by George “Brownie” Holmes, Holmes denied being the actual author but did admit that he furnished a lot of the information that the manuscript contained.

The Holmes manuscript is 41 typed pages, a Forward, 12 chapters, and a 9 page Dutchman story addition entitled, The True Story Of The Lost Dutchman Of The Superstitions As Told To Me By My Father Dick Holmes, By Jacob Wolz On His Deathbed.
It is clear to anyone reading the manuscript that the 9 page Dutchman story addition was written in a much different style than the rest of the manuscript which deals mostly with Brownie’s life and stories of his experience with his father and other lost mine hunters. This 9 page Dutchman story addition is oddly sandwiched in between chapters 2 and 3 almost as if it were inserted after the rest of the manuscript had been finished.

Brownie was not a writer, author or typist so in 1944 he employed someone who was to help him put together a story of his life and his account of the Lost Dutchman Mine as told to his father by Jacob “Wolz”. That man was Charles Kennison a former Phoenix newspaper man and author of several articles.

Between Brownie and Kennison no fewer than 4 separate versions of the manuscript were compiled. Brownie liked none of them and their disagreements eventually ended the project.

According to John Higham, in the fall of 1948 Charles Kennison delivered to John Lindley Higham a copy of one of the versions of the Holmes manuscript. Higham was a local author also known as Charles Fredrick Higham who had in 1946 written his own Lost Dutchman Mine book entitled, The True Story Of Jacob Waltzer And His Famous Hidden Gold Mine, The Lost Dutchman.
There was a discrepancy between Kennison and Higham of when exactly Higham received the manuscript. Higham says it was 1948, Kennison said it was 1944 the year it was written. This is important because if Kennison is correct it seems Higham wrote his 1946 book based largely on the Holmes manuscript.

Other than Kennison, Brownie and John L. Higham, no one else knew anything of this Holmes manuscript until November 1, 1962 when John L. Higham donated it to the Arizona State Department of Library and Archives. It was soon after “discovered” by the general public and caused quite a sensation. Brownie Holmes was set upon and hounded by an army of lost mine seekers and questioned relentlessly concerning the “Wolz story and deathbed confession.” Finally in desperation Brownie withdrew and denied being the author of the work.

I have always wondered why Higham waited 14-16 years (depending on whose story you believe) to donate the manuscript to the Arizona Library and Archives and make it public? Higham and Kennison knew each other but were not particularly close or considered good friends. Hardly anyone was considered a friend of Highams, he had an extremely abrasive personality. Higham and Brownie Holmes were not friends by any stretch of the imagination. In fact Higham went out of his way to disparage Brownie and Dick Holmes every chance he got.

When Higham donated the manuscript to the Archives he inserted into the manuscript his own personal view of the work which was a scathing review. The amusing thing about Higham’s case against the Holmes manuscript was in trying to disprove Brownie’s “facts” he used “facts” of his own that were so outrageously ridiculous and false it made Brownie’s manuscript look positively scholarly.
Another thing I have always wondered about was the actual manuscript that is in the Archives. I have read that very work and there is something strange about it.

Both Higham and Kennison stated it was Kennison who gave Higham the manuscript. The manuscript Kennison gave Higham is typed with an old style typewriter. Higham added two separate pages of his own to the donation, both pages were typed overviews and his assessment of the manuscripts unworthiness. What I find strange is that all the donated work, Kennison’s and the pages Higham added were all typed on the same typewriter. At least two of the typewriter keys had defects and the same defects are on both Kennison’s copy and Higham’s additions.

Unless Higham used Kennison’s typewriter I don’t understand how this could have occurred. This raises a lot of interesting questions. Did Higham retype what Kennison gave him? That would seem unlikely because Brownies original signature is on the manuscript. And if Higham did retype it, did he type it faithfully or did he change and add his own version to things? After all, there was no love lost between Higham and Holmes. Could this be why Brownie denied the authorship of the manuscript until he died?
It’s interesting to speculate on the many paths this story could have gone down. Fortunately we don’t have to rely on the Holmes — Kennison manuscript for the story of Wolz-Walzer-Waltz and his deathbed confession. Brownie Holmes was taped in interviews by four separate people (David Russell, Monte Edwards, Tom Kollenborn and Greg Davis) between 1975 and 1979 giving specific details about the things the Dutchman told his father on his deathbed.

In addition, Clay Worst, a longtime friend and partner of Brownie Holmes was given a detailed firsthand account by Brownie. Clay uses Brownie’s account to make a “Dutchman” presentation each year to a crowd at the Superstition Mountain Museum in Apache Junction. Clay will give that presentation again on January 7, 2016 for anyone who wants to hear the story the way it was passed down from Jacob Waltz to Dick Holmes to Brownie and finally to Clay.

Personally I believe the Holmes account of Waltz’s deathbed confession. Not every word, word for word but the basic premise of it. I believe it as well as a story can survive given time and being passed down through three or four persons.
I believe the account also because of something Clay Worst told me once. I was staying with Clay at his house for a few days and one evening after dinner we were sitting outside on Clay’s back porch talking and watching the sunset reflecting off Superstition Mountain. Clay told me about Easter Sunday 1980 when Brownie had come out to have Easter dinner with Clay and his wife Muriel. Brownie Holmes was 87 years old and in failing health. After the dinner Clay and Brownie had gone out back on the porch and Brownie began to reminisce about the old days. Pausing as he gazed off at the mountain Brownie turned to Clay in all seriousness and spoke these words, …. “Clay, I don’t know if the Dutchman lied to my father or not, but I know my father never lied to me, and I know I never lied to you.”

Five days later, on Friday April 11, 1980, his 88th birthday, George Brownie Holmes passed into eternity.

Last edited by Matthew Roberts; Nov 06, 2015 at 06:32 PM.
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Hi Joe;

Just thought I might add this post from Mr Roberts on another forum, in which he now claims to have not only known Walt Gassler personally, but spent the last few months of his life with him:
Old,

I cannot speak for Greg Davis and I am not. What I am posting is personal knowledge of Walter's manuscript and his final days, the time period 1983 - May 1984. Something you need to understand about Walter Gassler's manuscript. Walter hand wrote the manuscript and gave it to Robert Lee at San Diego, CA. Lee was an author and film producer with his own production company in San Diego and Los Angeles. Walter wanted Lee to rewrite the manuscript into an acceptable Lost Dutchman book or production video. Walter and Robert Lee corresponded back and forth through letters and phone calls and were working on an arrangement when Walter went into the Superstitions in May of 1984 and tragically died.

Lee was left with Walter's manuscript and rewrote parts of it but never finished or finalized the work. With Walter gone the production video was out of the question. There was a final chapter Walter was working on, something he had started back in the mountains and his last trip into the Superstitions would have given the manuscript the ending it needed.

A few years after Walter died, Robert Lee himself died and his son Randy took over his fathers production company. Sometime about 1995 Randy Lee turned over all his father's things including Walters manuscript to Greg Davis at the Superstition Mountain Historical Society with permission to do with it whatever the museum wished. His only stipulation being all his father's material be preserved. Anyone can access the Robert Lee collection at any time, an appointment may be necessary.

Few people have ever read Walter's hand written manuscript. It contains things not included in the typed copy but those things are incidental and no great secrets were withheld. The manuscript has been typed on at least two occasions that I know of.

This is my understanding based on having been with Walter in those last months and knowing what he was trying to accomplish and who he was working with.

Matthew
I put a couple of statements in BOLD which were not in the original post, to highlight these claims of his having a personal relationship with Walt Gassler, including "months" of the last portion of his life. This statement would imply a very close personal relationship. One wonders if their relationship were that close, and since Walter approached both Bob C and Tom K, men whom he knew casually but was not close friends with, why wouldn't Walter have invited Roberts along on his final trip into the mountains? Apparently he did not, which in a way is too bad, for if only someone had gone with Walt that time, perhaps the famous Lost Dutchman might not be lost today.

Oroblanco
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Roy,

In his usual manner, when someone disagrees with him, or he feels he has been insulted, Matthew runs away again:

Today, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Matthew Roberts

us
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apr 2013

Huntington Beach California

708 times

All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Friends,

I will no longer be posting on the LDM Forum(s).
My account here will be closed shortly. While away I had numerous emails from many of you and I have tried to return all of them. I hope I answered all your questions satisfactorily and I understand why you choose not to get involved in the conversations here on line.

I am turning my full attention now toward actually finding the LDM and will be in the mountains for an extended period later this month and early next year.
For those who have been following I will continue to keep up my Facebook page on the Lost Dutchman Mine and Arizona History at:

Matthew Roberts Huntington Beach, Ca.

https://www.facebook.com/Matthew.Roberts.56027

The page is public, nothing there to sell or buy, no advertisements, just lots of great LDM and Arizona information, articles and photos.

Thanks to all my friends here for the support and kind words!

Matthew

Usually he destroys everything he can, on his way out. Not a good idea to leave any evidence behind, which is why I try to quote him in every post I can. He can't delete my posts, unless he is able to delete entire topics. Don't believe he will be gone for long, just come back with another name.

Take care,

Joe
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Hi Joe;
Agreed, a clear pattern has been established. I don't mean to sound overly skeptical, but it struck me as highly STRANGE to say the least, that now at this point in time, over 30 years after the death of Walt Gassler, Mr Roberts suddenly started talking about how he had been close friends with him, spending months of time with him and being privy to his private notes AT THAT TIME. Yet Roland Gassler, or someone claiming to be him (I am more than half convinced it is indeed Roland) stated that he had never heard the name Matthew Roberts, nor his mother in their household during the last years of Walter's life, and did not recall him working closely with anyone. 8O

So Mr Roberts suddenly decided after thirty years, to announce that he had been close pals with Walt Gassler? Why did he keep this a secret for SO long? Why did not Walter mention his name to his own family? This seems to have red flags flying.

It could all be a fun game, at the expense of Dutch hunters, played by a person very adept at subverting and altering history - including his own. Or perhaps it is all true, and I am just being overly skeptical, which I excuse by pointing to the numerous different IDs that have showed up on the internet (and before the internet, in the treasure magazines, letters to the editor sections) all claiming to have solved the Peralta stones and found the LDM, without solid proof of such claims. After a couple of hundred of those, anyone would become skeptical!

I wish that I had met Walt Gassler, however at that time it would have been extremely unlikely for me. I never would go hiking in the Superstitions in summer and never have, while he thought nothing of it, and I have always tried to avoid strangers in the boonies. Not always successfully, especialy in recent years it seems that many people think it is perfectly OK to walk right into your camp uninvited and unannounced. But if Mr Roberts WAS close friends with Walt Gassler, was he invited along on Walt's last expedition? If not, we might wonder why not, and if he was, why did he choose not to go? A read of Walter's notes would show that he certainly had done his research, his guess would be as good or better than anyone else's. Perhaps we will get some answers?

I hope all is well with you Joe, (and anyone reading the discussion) and that you are feeling better every day.
Roy
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Oroblanco wrote:Hi Joe;
Agreed, a clear pattern has been established. I don't mean to sound overly skeptical, but it struck me as highly STRANGE to say the least, that now at this point in time, over 30 years after the death of Walt Gassler, Mr Roberts suddenly started talking about how he had been close friends with him, spending months of time with him and being privy to his private notes AT THAT TIME. Yet Roland Gassler, or someone claiming to be him (I am more than half convinced it is indeed Roland) stated that he had never heard the name Matthew Roberts, nor his mother in their household during the last years of Walter's life, and did not recall him working closely with anyone. 8O

So Mr Roberts suddenly decided after thirty years, to announce that he had been close pals with Walt Gassler? Why did he keep this a secret for SO long? Why did not Walter mention his name to his own family? This seems to have red flags flying.

It could all be a fun game, at the expense of Dutch hunters, played by a person very adept at subverting and altering history - including his own. Or perhaps it is all true, and I am just being overly skeptical, which I excuse by pointing to the numerous different IDs that have showed up on the internet (and before the internet, in the treasure magazines, letters to the editor sections) all claiming to have solved the Peralta stones and found the LDM, without solid proof of such claims. After a couple of hundred of those, anyone would become skeptical!

I wish that I had met Walt Gassler, however at that time it would have been extremely unlikely for me. I never would go hiking in the Superstitions in summer and never have, while he thought nothing of it, and I have always tried to avoid strangers in the boonies. Not always successfully, especialy in recent years it seems that many people think it is perfectly OK to walk right into your camp uninvited and unannounced. But if Mr Roberts WAS close friends with Walt Gassler, was he invited along on Walt's last expedition? If not, we might wonder why not, and if he was, why did he choose not to go? A read of Walter's notes would show that he certainly had done his research, his guess would be as good or better than anyone else's. Perhaps we will get some answers?

I hope all is well with you Joe, (and anyone reading the discussion) and that you are feeling better every day.
Roy
Roy,

The answer is really quite simple. It takes a long time to grow an old friend. Kraig simply took his time growing this particular old friend. We, on the other hand, are taking much less time growing our old friendship. Perhaps we were friends in the time of Hannibal. 8O That would have given us a nice head start on our friendship.

Take care.....Old friend,

Joe
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Joe Ribaudo wrote: Roy,

The answer is really quite simple. It takes a long time to grow an old friend. Kraig simply took his time growing this particular old friend. We, on the other hand, are taking much less time growing our old friendship. Perhaps we were friends in the time of Hannibal. 8O That would have given us a nice head start on our friendship.

Take care.....Old friend,

Joe
HAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one Joe - and I THOUGHT that I recognized you! 8O You were that mean centurion in the Punic 2nd Legion! :mrgreen: I was that lazy foot-soldier always looking for a way out of the hard work. :roll: Funny thing but even some historians are not aware that Carthaginian armies were organized in legions virtually identical to the Roman system, started at the end of the 1st war with Rome, but you knew that!

Kidding aside, I would grant that it is POSSIBLE that Mr Roberts was friends with Walt Gassler. Perhaps not close friends, or his son would more likely remember him. Do you remember the friends of your father? I can remember my father's friends very well. That raised a red flag when Roland said he had no memory of Roberts nor even the mention of his name. Unfortunately Mr Roberts is not going to explain things or provide solid proof.

Side thing here but IF there really is anything to reincarnation, it would not surprise me to learn that you and I have known each other in past lives. You know one theory (concerning reincarnation) holds that we are drawn in this life, to the places, things and people that we knew in past lives. I don't know if there is anything to it or not. I would sure love to discuss Carthage with you some time though, which reminds me, did you hear about the recent DNA study that proves that Irish people are blood-relatives of Phoenicians? I doubt this comes as much of a surprise to you as I think you were the one that told me about the linguistic study (which was a very rare book BTW, had to do the interlibrary loan to see one as I could not afford the $4k price to buy one) that concluded that ancient Irish Gaelic and Punic are definitely related languages having a common source. Not hard to see with some of the words like Tanit = Tinnith, Baal = Bel, or Barn = Byre. Ever felt any urge to visit the Alps buddy? :wink: I am getting carried away as usual so will close here.

One last thing but there really are times when I feel like i have known you a lot longer than we have known each other. I hope all is well with you and that you are feeling better every day. May be able to stop by to visit you this year, if things work out as hoped, will keep you posted.
Roy
novice
Expert

Post by novice »

I'm trying out some things on the new format here so please bear with me. I'm inserting photos without using the old photobucket method.

Roy and Joe,

I don’t find it strange at all that Kraig Roberts knew Walt Gassler very well. He also recently shared that he knew Brownie Holmes. Have you ever read “A Superstition Story” published in the 1999 Superstition Mountain Journal 1999, Page 19, by Kraig Roberts. He tells of meeting many other LDM personalities. (He began meeting them at the tender age of seven)

In another documents that I believe Joe has, Kraig said his father died when he was 12 years old. This would have William Evert Roberts dieing in 1962.

I wouldn't feel too bad about this ficticious William Evert Roberts since Kraig's biological dad died in 2003. :?
Cropped Scan0004.jpg
Cropped (2) Scan0004.jpg
Click on the attachments to make them larger.

Garry
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Garry,

Well.......You have to admit it's an interesting story. His dad being a missionary on the San Carlos Apache Reservation makes for a more interesting childhood. Hunting rats for a delicacy is an even better touch. The problem is, I have read many of the same books that Kraig has read. I believe I could write just as interesting a story, if I had a mind to. Probably would need to stay at Greg's for a year or so for background material. :)

Take care,

Joe
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

novice wrote:I'm trying out some things on the new format here so please bear with me. I'm inserting photos without using the old photobucket method.

Roy and Joe,

I don’t find it strange at all that Kraig Roberts knew Walt Gassler very well. He also recently shared that he knew Brownie Holmes. Have you ever read “A Superstition Story” published in the 1999 Superstition Mountain Journal 1999, Page 19, by Kraig Roberts. He tells of meeting many other LDM personalities. (He began meeting them at the tender age of seven)

In another documents that I believe Joe has, Kraig said his father died when he was 12 years old. This would have William Evert Roberts dieing in 1962.

I wouldn't feel too bad about this ficticious William Evert Roberts since Kraig's biological dad died in 2003. :?
Cropped Scan0004.jpg
Cropped (2) Scan0004.jpg
Click on the attachments to make them larger.

Garry
Wow the plot thickens! Celeste Jones is still alive, the last I had checked, perhaps she could affirm that part of Roberts' story? Or perhaps we have a Forrest Gump of the LDM world. Had thought maybe reincarnation was the answer, but no, all of this supposedly occurred in this lifetime. Of course Forrest Gump is fictional, so... :mrgreen: Thanks for sharing that Garry, I had not seen either of those extracts before. Quite a life!

In the world of Pegleg's black gold nuggets, there is an annual Liars Contest. This gives me an idea! :idea: :roll:
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Lol!
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Hi Randy,

Hope all is well with you and the Mrs. Carolyn and I are doing swell.

Take care,

Joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Great to hear! I was going to email you. Life is fine, just very busy. It's taken us a month to move and we still have boxes to unpack. Sold my Jeep and bought a new truck.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari