ARIZONA

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

ARIZONA

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Senator Jack Harper District 4STATE SENATORFORTY-NINTH LEGISLATURECAPITOL COMPLEX, SENATE BUILDINGPHOENIX, ARIZONA 85007-2890PHONE (602) 926-4178TOLL FREE 1-800-352-8404, x64178FAX (602) 417-3154E-MAIL: [email protected] COMMITTEES:Senate Finance, ChairmanVeteran of the US Army and the Arizona Army National Guard

July 20, 2010

For Immediate Release:

Subject: State Senator Jack Harper Releases 2011 Border Plan using HSF, CAP, and National Guard.

1 . The need for an Arizona Border Plan without extensive costs.

A . The citizens of Arizona are under invasion from our Southern Border.

B . The cost to use the National Guard exclusively on the border is widely reported as
$63 million per year.

C . The State of Arizona is projected to be between $400 million and over $1 billion in shortfall for FY2011.

D . The Governors, present and past, have not proposed or accepted state funding for a secure border.

2 . The elements and training for a secure-border force.

A . The Arizona Army National Guard trains the Homeland Security Force (HSF)

B . The Arizona Air National Guard trains Civil Air Patrol (CAP).

C . The AZ ARNG commands, supports, and supplies the HSF and acts as “Sergeant of the Guard.”

D. The AZ ANG Command, supports, and supplies the CAP with fuel and air traffic control.

E . The Department of Public Safety creates detachment and verifies fingerprint clearance cards and performs
other background checks.

F . The Adjutant General commands the joint AZ ARNG, AZ ANG, HSF, CAP, and DPS task force.

G . The Legislature appropriates for ammunition, fuel, food, DPS background checks, replacement equipment.

H . Citizens volunteer for HSF and CAP, use own approved firearms and air craft

I . Volunteers w/o previously-approved clearance card can be sponsored w/ signature of their three legislators.

3 . Volunteer groups with specialty skills needed for secure-border force

A . Civil Air Patrol: Years of service to America volunteering for Search and Rescue.

B . Legislature needs to create HSF such as in Senator Harper’s SB1132 in 2007.

C . The Arizona 50 Caliber Association has the skills to provide cover for ground volunteers in HSF.

D . The Arizona Rangers 501 C 3 organization has the logistical skills to organize/recruit volunteers.

E . The Arizona State Legislators approve volunteers that have not undergone background checks.

4. Logistics needed to launch secure-border force plan.

A . The Governor calls the Legislature into special session to approve the creation of the HSF and supplemental
appropriation to the Department of Emergency and Military Affairs.

B . Citizens volunteer and qualify for service, undergo background checks, train for one week on use of force,
heat exposure, command structure, chain of command reporting, and firearms qualificaton.

C . The Governor calls up to active duty, Non-commissioned Officers for training secure-border force: firearms
safety, use-of-force rules, the Uniform Code of Military Justice, medical basic knowledge, and grid-map
reporting.

D . The equipment resources of the National Guard are available to the secure-border force, except weapons,
NBC equipment, and fixed-wing aircraft. Supply personnel from the AZ ARNG and the AZ ANG will control
Distribution and accountability

E . The Governor will call up to active duty, infantry and artillery soldiers for duty in the task force, supply
personnel for logistics, medical personnel, and rotary-wing crews for airlift of volunteers providing cover.

F . The Legislature will appropriate in the FY2012 budget funding for replacement equipment, active duty pay for National Guard personnel, and supplies.

IMHO, The citizens of Arizona are in serious danger. At some point, we need to fight back. This is just the beginning of that fight.

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Re: ARIZONA

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

AMEN AND AMEN

Way to go Jan!! Maybe this is a language he can understand.

Arizona governor vs. Phoenix Suns owner

The owner of the Phoenix Suns basketball team,
Robert Sarver, opposes AZ's new immigration laws.
Arizona 's Governor, Jan Brewer, released the
following statement in response to Sarver's criticism
of the new law:
"What if the owners of the Suns discovered that
hordes of people were sneaking into games without
paying? What if they had a good idea who the gate-
crashers are, but the ushers and security personnel
were not allowed to ask these folks to produce their
ticket stubs, thus non-paying attendees couldn't be
ejected. Furthermore, what if Suns' ownership was
expected to provide those who sneaked in with
complimentary eats and drink? And what if, on those
days when a gate-crasher became ill or injured, the
Suns had to provide free medical care and shelter?"
Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer

Try going to any other country without ID.

Think of how many times you, as an AMERICAN CITIZEN, are asked for your identification.

LOS SUNS......MY ASS!!!

Joe Ribaudo
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

The Shadow Wolves have been busy for some time.
I wonder what will be said by the media in Arizona ?
Maybe they don't want to talk about them...
http://www.smh.com.au/world/shadow-wolv ... 1pb7a.html
http://bonfiresblog.wordpress.com/2010/ ... ow-wolves/

Regards:SH.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

Mantracking is becoming a lost art, although there are many books, and classes that are still being taught across the country. Search and Rescue provides some great programs to teach volunteers, and they are taught by some of the best folks in the field.

The smugglers have no idea how many "tracks/signs" they are leaving for those on their trails. Time is the only factor that prevents their capture. With enough trackers, speed tracking can be done with good results.

Arizona SAR teams are some of the best in the country, with Mohave County being near or at the top of the list.

Take care,

Joe
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

Wayne, really interesting articles - thanks for posting them. The thoughts that immediately enter my head when reading it though are that agents and "scouts" such as these are just too few and too vulnerable to be more than a casual nuisance to the drug cartels.

It's definitely a start and it's in the right direction to help with border control, but when you have a seemingly inexhaustible supply of "mules" and lots and lots of $$ to provide the very best in weapons and technology, it'll take a true army and military type ground effort to end the mess down there.

For one reason or another, I doubt our government/country has the stones to ever really do what it takes to get the situation under control.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

well.
tracking is a lost art....the community college in verde valley has a tracking course...

i still wonder the hows and whys of closing an open border...

drug smuggling only became a problem AFTER the war on drugs was declared...interesting.
the people coming across have only been an issue during economic downturns...
i do admit that the people i know along the border now say there are problems...
but those have been created by not allowing people to use the traditional crossings.

crook and miles had some decent trackers during the apache wars..apache scouts...
an they could hardly keep track of people crossing that border..
anyone who has traveled the length of that border will attest to the difficulty of creating a closed border in the southern deserts and mountains...

http://huachuca-www.army.mil/sites/Hist ... Rolak.html

i really am tired of mexicans being rude to me though...i should jump on this band wagon.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Donald,

I have worked with and received training with some of the best trackers in Arizona. I can assure you it's not a lost art, but it's surely moving in that direction.

The Superstition SAR has some very good trackers on their team.

It's actually much easier to have some control over the border today, as opposed to General Crook's time.

Happy New Year!

Joe
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

i need one happy new year...thanks.

pinal county had some good trackers when i was a teenager...and i know there are some real good trackers left in the world...but, my point is that urbanization has left us with a serious lack in traditional skill sets...

i used to pretend i could track...now? i just think i notice things others miss.

also...i couldn't find it...but one of the phoenix television stations did a piece on the trackers down on the rez/border area...about two or three months ago...great program...if we gave them decent support, the issue of illegal crossings could be finished in quick time.

one tracker is a waste of time without the support system to capitalize on their information.