Brilliant idea *rolls eyes*

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
Cubfan64
Expert

Brilliant idea *rolls eyes*

Post by Cubfan64 »

School leaders OK condom policy in Provincetown

By Pru Sowers
Provincetown Banner
Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 06:26 AM

PROVINCETOWN —
A condom distribution policy at the elementary and high school here was approved by the school committee on Tuesday.

Some committee members were concerned that the policy requires students to speak with a school nurse or other trained counselor before receiving a condom. However, Dr. Beth Singer, school superintendent, argued that since there is no age limit on the distribution policy, she wanted to ensure that younger students requesting condoms receive information on their use.

“I don’t like that students can’t be discreet about this,” said school committee member Shannon Patrick. “They have to go and ask for it. I’d rather them not have the conversation [with counselors] and have the condom than not have the condom.”
“I can see some kids opting out because of the conversation. I’m not against [the policy]. I’m just trying to put myself in that teenager’s spot,” said committee member Carrie Notaro.

Singer said that although sex education is taught in health classes, there isn’t any detailed instruction on condom usage, including the fact that condoms are not a 100 percent guarantee against pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases.
“We’re talking about younger kids. They have questions they need answered on how to use them, when to use them,” Singer said.

The board voted unanimously to approve the policy, which also states that the school district will not honor requests from parents that students not be allowed to receive condoms.

At least [the new policy] gives the kids the opportunity” to have an instructional conversation, said school committee chair Peter Grosso.
---------------------

It's about time 6-12 year olds get the opportunity to practice safe sex!! :roll:

I like that the student committee members are concerned that it can't be done discreetly - maybe they should just place bowls of condoms around the school for the kids to grab after the practice coloring :roll:

I ESPECIALLY like the part about not honoring any parents requests that their children not be given condoms - it's obvious the school system knows far more about how to raise kids than any parents do. :roll:

I wonder which day now that God's gonna look down, shake his head for the last time and just end it all once and for all - it can't be that much further away can it?
don
Part Timer

Re: Brilliant idea *rolls eyes*

Post by don »

Just when I thought the U.K had the monopoly on stupidity.
There will be lots more of that kind of thing coming.Wait till they Really get into their stride.
Have they started introducing laws about the placement of garbage cans yet?
Over here having your garbage bin an inch over the prescribed distance from your front gate can land you with a £1000 fine...having the lid up will get you a criminal record.....if you are a serial offender you can end up in jail for 3 months.......unless of course you are a muslim transvestite,in which case nobody will bother you.
Its a long hard road you people have to travel if the U.K is anything to go by......good luck
Don update your email address
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

don wrote:Just when I thought the U.K had the monopoly on stupidity.
There will be lots more of that kind of thing coming.Wait till they Really get into their stride.
Have they started introducing laws about the placement of garbage cans yet?
Over here having your garbage bin an inch over the prescribed distance from your front gate can land you with a £1000 fine...having the lid up will get you a criminal record.....if you are a serial offender you can end up in jail for 3 months.......unless of course you are a muslim transvestite,in which case nobody will bother you.
Its a long hard road you people have to travel if the U.K is anything to go by......good luck
Thanks, I'm afraid we'll need it!
Knun
Part Timer

Post by Knun »

Don,
That one's here shortly.

Cleveland Ohio is placing sensors into recycle bins. If you don't use it for a period of time they are going to look through your regular trash for recycle items. If found a fine of $200 US will be issued.