Obama's War

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
Knun
Part Timer

Obama's War

Post by Knun »

In case you haven't noticed there is a war in Afghanistan that involves Americans and Brits.

A war that seems to be drifting along at the cost of lives not seen since it started...yet the Obama media chooses not to report about it.

Here is a tale of the Brits over there.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 811537.ece
Knun
Part Timer

Post by Knun »

Here's a story from May of this year you may not have heard about due to the media fawning all over Obama.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/ ... XE20090509

Some highlights:
If that toll was confirmed it would be the deadliest single incident affecting Afghan civilians since U.S.-led forces started battling the Taliban in 2001.
The deaths in Farah have inflamed Afghan anger about the impact of air strikes, an issue which is already poisoning ties between Kabul and Washington. It overshadowed a meeting between Karzai and U.S. President Barack Obama in Washington this week.

The Afghan leader went on U.S. television Friday to call for an end to the bombardments within his borders.

"The air strikes are not acceptable," Karzai told CNN. "Terrorism is not in Afghan villages, not in Afghan homes. And you cannot defeat terrorists by air strikes."

Obama had expressed "sorrows and apologies" over the deaths in their White House summit, he said
Knun
Part Timer

Post by Knun »

In case anyone forgot. This is what the asshats voted for concerning Afghanistan.

http://www.barackobama.com/2007/08/01/t ... to_win.php

Herer's the part of his message about Afghanistan.
I introduced a plan in January that would have already started bringing our troops out of Iraq, with a goal of removing all combat brigades by March 31, 2008. If the President continues to veto this plan, then ending this war will be my first priority when I take office.

There is no military solution in Iraq. Only Iraq's leaders can settle the grievances at the heart of Iraq's civil war. We must apply pressure on them to act, and our best leverage is reducing our troop presence. And we must also do the hard and sustained diplomatic work in the region on behalf of peace and stability.

In ending the war, we must act with more wisdom than we started it. That is why my plan would maintain sufficient forces in the region to target al Qaeda within Iraq. But we must recognize that al Qaeda is not the primary source of violence in Iraq, and has little support -- not from Shia and Kurds who al Qaeda has targeted, or Sunni tribes hostile to foreigners. On the contrary, al Qaeda's appeal within Iraq is enhanced by our troop presence.

Ending the war will help isolate al Qaeda and give Iraqis the incentive and opportunity to take them out. It will also allow us to direct badly needed resources to Afghanistan. Our troops have fought valiantly there, but Iraq has deprived them of the support they need—and deserve. As a result, parts of Afghanistan are falling into the hands of the Taliban, and a mix of terrorism, drugs, and corruption threatens to overwhelm the country.

As President, I would deploy at least two additional brigades to Afghanistan to re-enforce our counter-terrorism operations and support NATO's efforts against the Taliban. As we step up our commitment, our European friends must do the same, and without the burdensome restrictions that have hampered NATO's efforts. We must also put more of an Afghan face on security by improving the training and equipping of the Afghan Army and Police, and including Afghan soldiers in U.S. and NATO operations.

We must not, however, repeat the mistakes of Iraq. The solution in Afghanistan is not just military -- it is political and economic. As President, I would increase our non-military aid by $1 billion. These resources should fund projects at the local level to impact ordinary Afghans, including the development of alternative livelihoods for poppy farmers. And we must seek better performance from the Afghan government, and support that performance through tough anti-corruption safeguards on aid, and increased international support to develop the rule of law across the country.

Above all, I will send a clear message: we will not repeat the mistake of the past, when we turned our back on Afghanistan following Soviet withdrawal. As 9/11 showed us, the security of Afghanistan and America is shared.
Guess that March date on Iraq was just something he submitted to Bush.... it wasn't his plan if he became President. His plan was
"ending this war will be my first priority when I take office."
He fullfilled his promise though! He adopted the Bush plan to withdraw in "11. How many simple minded asshats bought into that bullshit line and voted for him. Thinking "he" would withdraw by March? A few here I think.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

wonder what type of drugs you are using...
bush and company invaded afganistan...bush and the war mongering neocons....great at starting wars, seven years later, same wqr still going on, but now your twisted drugs induced thought patterns blame someone else.

really simple...bush began two wars, completed neither...no weapons of mass destruction, no bin laden, no end.
now you blame president obama.
Knun
Part Timer

Post by Knun »

Pippy,

OK I 'll go with the third grade approach again so you understand.
really simple...bush began two wars, completed neither...no weapons of mass destruction, no bin laden, no end.
now you blame president obama.
It would be nice if life was that easy but sometimes things will not go as you want them to when you grow up.

You see, the Chief ASSHAT grand poohbah said that he would quit in Iraq by Feb. '09. Todays date is Aug. 27th '09. See the difference between the promise and the reality? Take some time to think about it...then we'll discuss it.

OK I'm assuming you were able to focus on that for a moment. Let's move on.

Bush instituted a surge in "killing bad people" Bush also said we will pullout of Iraq by '11 once we kill enough bad people. That worked so well that once Obama became grand ASSHAT poohbah President of the US, he said "Yea, that's it!" We'll do that.

Since we were able to explain that so clearly...let's move to Obama's war.

First we need to look at what he said.
As President, I would deploy at least two additional brigades to Afghanistan to re-enforce our counter-terrorism operations and support NATO's efforts against the Taliban. As we step up our commitment, our European friends must do the same, and without the burdensome restrictions that have hampered NATO's efforts. We must also put more of an Afghan face on security by improving the training and equipping of the Afghan Army and Police, and including Afghan soldiers in U.S. and NATO operations.

We must not, however, repeat the mistakes of Iraq. The solution in Afghanistan is not just military -- it is political and economic. As President, I would increase our non-military aid by $1 billion. These resources should fund projects at the local level to impact ordinary Afghans, including the development of alternative livelihoods for poppy farmers. And we must seek better performance from the Afghan government, and support that performance through tough anti-corruption safeguards on aid, and increased international support to develop the rule of law across the country.

Above all, I will send a clear message: we will not repeat the mistake of the past, when we turned our back on Afghanistan following Soviet withdrawal. As 9/11 showed us, the security of Afghanistan and America is shared.
Notice how he did not move away from this war. He accepted it as a just endevour and was committing more troops to the struggle. He was sending more troops to put their lives on the line. Very specifically two brigades.

See pippy, when a President says he is going to war, which is what Obama said......it becomes his war. He did not stop it...he escalated it. So think about that for a moment and then we'll move on.

OK, now that you understand that simple idea let's move forward a little. I know your getting tired when faced with all these facts but there is only one more issue to discuss today. Then you can go have a snack and take a nap.

Lastly let's look at what the ASSHAT said at the end of his explination. He said:
Notice that he said, "the security of Afghanistan and America is shared."

I know this is hard for you to understand so I'll go slow.

When one country says that "it's" security is shared with another...then if the security in one country fails the other does as well. In this case Obama was saying if Afghan security fails.......our security will fail. It is called a military alliance.

So no matter what you want to happen you have to accept the real world. This IS Obama's war, and was WILLINGLY accepted to be just that by Obama himself before he was even elected.

Now go have your snack, take a nap...and go play in the street.
Knun
Part Timer

Post by Knun »

bush and the war mongering neocons
Considering where we are today, with both wars, and an ASSHAT voted in by you and yours..........That statement is downright stupid!

I'm sure you read that Cindy Sheehan is traveling to Martha's Vineyard to protest Obama's war. I wonder why we haven't heard of her noble efforts to end the war since Bush left office. She's still saying the same message, so why is her trip to the Vineyard no longer news?

That's an extra credit question for you pippy.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

ok ignorant one, dodged the question just like bush dodged nam...
sheehan has nothing to do with your ignorance, and she gave her son for stupid people like you...she is entitled to act out her beliefs.

bush began these wars, drove the econony into the dirt, while enriching the pockets of his halliburton/kellogbrown and root... and all your punk ass can do is blame others.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

oh, forgot...
anyone who supported the bush administrations rape of the american economy, the illegal arrest and transportation of people to illegal torture camps, the creation of two illegal wars and the failure of these wars to capture or even supress the so called 'terrorists'...who now blames the current administration, and those who voted these people into office...
needs to be taken out an shot.
you and people like you are the enemy of liberty.

yet without shame, you blame others for the worlds problems.
lbj
Part Timer

Post by lbj »

knun,

why dont you make up your pea brain of a mind up and decide if you are for or against the wars. when bush was loosing them you were for the wars. when obama is only half loosing them you are against the wars.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

that pitiful pile of dogshit is typical of the right wing movement...
baseless accusations, filthy comments centered upon other mens anal cavitys...all karl rove bull shit...

lies, hate, and screaming profanity outweighs fact in their world.
Knun
Part Timer

Post by Knun »

I guess I hit a nerve.
that pitiful pile of dogshit is typical of the right wing movement...
baseless accusations, filthy comments centered upon other mens anal cavitys...all karl rove bull shit...

lies, hate, and screaming profanity outweighs fact in their world.
Pippy,
None of my posts (on this thread) contained profanity. I wasn't screaming. I simply posted facts. Calm down...and post your view! Geez, I can't believe I'm still trying to train you on effective communication. Your gonna have to go to your local cummunity college and take a 100 series class on your own. I can't teach you on a forum like this. If you want I'll do it but you'll have to pay me and it will be on MY schedule.
knun,

why dont you make up your pea brain of a mind up and decide if you are for or against the wars. when bush was loosing them you were for the wars. when obama is only half loosing them you are against the wars.
LBJ,
I think we need to hunt down and kill every single Islamist terrorist out there the wants to harm Americans. I would get every bit of information from anyone caught, by any means necessary, then kill them. In case you forgot they attacked us. Bush started to do that but called off the dogs. Obama is getting people killed for no good reason.
You really need to try to comprehend the written word. Bush policy IS obama's policy in Iraq. He added nothing and set aside his campaign pledge to retreat by Feb. He stuck with Bush's plan instead.

As for Afghanistan, Obama said he would add troops. I assume that ment he was going to win. Why else add troops? Now the big question is...what does win mean? What the hell does that mean to you??? You voted for it....so what did you vote for there??? You tools are idiots I swear.

So what has Obama done about these two wars?

I'm curious on your thoughts about what has happened in Afghanistan over this summer.
lbj
Part Timer

Re: Obama's War

Post by lbj »

knun, since you are curious, i am pleased to answer.
I think we need to hunt down and kill every single Islamist terrorist out there the wants to harm Americans. I would get every bit of information from anyone caught, by any means necessary, then kill them.
do you limit these actions to islamist terrorist or do you believe they should apply to all terrorist? should these measures be applied to white christian americans who use terrorism to achieve their political goals? in my opinion both should be sentenced to life in prison if found guilty by an impartial court and neither should be tortured.
Obama is getting people killed for no good reason.

not sure what you mean here. are you saying bush killed us troops in iraq for a good reason and obama is killing them for a bad reason?? i think us troops are and were killed in iraq by bush and obama for no good reason. obama because he is too chicken to pull out, bush because he had no reason to go into iraq.
Bush policy IS obama's policy in Iraq.
to a large extent true. i didnt like it when bush done it and i dont like it now that obama is doing it whereas the far right loves it when a republican pres invades a country but condemns it when a democrat pres continues the war started by republicans. that is hypocritical in my dictionary.
As for Afghanistan, Obama said he would add troops. I assume that ment he was going to win. Why else add troops?
afghanistan will not be defeated with firepower. why is he sending more troops? i dont know. i assume cause he is afraid to stand up the the right wing and pull out. can i assume that you agree that bush was wrong to go into iraq and afghanistan since you are critical of our presence in those counties under a democratic administration????
what does win mean?
to me a win means a sectarian afghanistan, same goes for iraq. unlike the christian far right and their islamic far right brothers i am of the opinion that religion does not belong in politics or government. what about you? do you think christian religion has a proper place in politics and government??
You tools are idiots I swear.
if anyone is a tool you are. you are the one who blindly follows the pedophiles, addicts and adulterers such as rush, haggerd and the rest of the far right degenerate leaders. i stand on my principles not some politicians bullshit. how blind can you be to miss that??
So what has Obama done about these two wars?
not much besides following bush's failed policies. he should pull out now. today. let them kill each other, its none of my business. its too bad sadam is not around to spar with ahmadinejad. we have bush to that for that.
I'm curious on your thoughts about what has happened in Afghanistan over this summer.
not fucking much. its still run like theocracy and will continue to be that way. you ready to join me and help get god out of government, politics and war?

so now will you tell me what made you decide that having us troops in iraq and afghanistan is not a good idea? a reasoned and honest answer will be appreciated. political bullshit and spin will be a waste time and bandwidth. it would be interesting to get away from the asshat and handler crap and engage in real discussion of politics and philosophies. and if you prefer continue with shovelling the shit, that's fine too. i got a bulldozer somewhere in the back 40.
Knun
Part Timer

Post by Knun »

I tried to post an answer five times. Each time it was botched by the site. I'll respond tomorrow. lol
lbj
Part Timer

Post by lbj »

must have been the commie fifth column. lets hope they are napping tomorrow. :?
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

"that pitiful pile of dogshit is typical of the right wing movement...

lies, hate, and screaming profanity outweighs fact in their world."

We are blessed with this voice of reason and "fact". :roll:

Joe Ribaudo
lbj
Part Timer

Post by lbj »

joe
voice of reason and "fact"
you have a couple of typos there. surely you meant to say:

voice of treason and "fart" :twisted:
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

lbj,

[you have a couple of typos there. surely you meant to say:

voice of treason and "fart"]

That's pretty well put, for you. I must admit I am a bit surprised to hear your concise and completely accurate appraisal of pip.

You're learning.......

Joe Ribaudo
lbj
Part Timer

Post by lbj »

joe,
That's pretty well put, for you. I must admit I am a bit surprised to hear your concise and completely accurate appraisal of pip.
ahh shit, you're just another right wing nut who cant follow his own train of thought. i commented on your reference to knun and puff out of the blue, without relevance or reference, you pull out pip. pip was not part of the story. god, you right wing zealots should pray less and spend that time studying at least a little bit of logic. :lol:
Knun
Part Timer

Post by Knun »

At what point does this become Obama's war?

This is for all you asshats.

Six months in........ooops. No not yet.

A year? Two years? At what point do you clowns actually think this is Obama's war?

You folks are simple tools used as wished.

Go this way...no, stop, go that way. No stop....we'll tell you soon what to do.

This is too fun to watch.
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

"LONDON - The United States was "hell bent" on a 2003 military invasion of Iraq and actively undermined efforts by Britain to win international authorization for the war, a former British diplomat told an inquiry Friday.

Jeremy Greenstock, British ambassador to the United Nations from 1998 to 2003, said that President George W. Bush had no real interest in attempts to agree on a U.N. resolution to provide explicit backing for the conflict."

George W. Bush is responsible for the unlawful invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan and he should be hung by the neck until his eyes pop out. Only a disingenuous fool would attempt to lame those conflicts on Obama.

But then, honesty was never the policy of the Bush administration or those who supported him. All Republicans are scum to the bone.
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Knun,
I see you are still the same ignorant, racist shitbag you always were.
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

It sounds like a bad joke but it may be a true story: one of the most sensational claims made by the British government in the run-up to the Iraq War about Saddam Hussein’s supposed weapons of mass destruction may have come from an Iraqi taxi driver based on a conversation he overheard from passengers in his backseat two years earlier.

See what kind of ignorant fucks you guys are...
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Sometimes people are ignorant, and sometimes they are just laughable. At other times the two meld into one. Know what I mean?

Joe Ribaudo
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

Joe,
The photo......more information please.
regards
Don update your email address
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

Seems a good opportunity,whatever ones political leaning ,to give a thought to those brave men and women in afghanistan and Iraq who are,through their sacrifices allowing the rest of us to live in relative security .Bless them all.Lets hope that very soon there will be no need for their continued presence in those awful places.
Amerry xmas to them ,and to all on this forum.....and to everyone else for that matter......maybe 2010 will be a better year for all....one can live in hope.
regards to all
Don update your email address