IS there a difference between Memorial and Veterans Day?

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
Knun
Part Timer

IS there a difference between Memorial and Veterans Day?

Post by Knun »

So here is our President on Memorial Day. He probably means well but simply doesn't have a clue as to what this National Holiday is about.

President Barack Obama saluted veterans and urged his countrymen to do the same this Memorial Day weekend, saying the nation has not always paid them proper respect.
In his weekly radio and Internet address Saturday, Obama said people can honor veterans by sending a letter or care package to troops overseas, volunteering at health clinics or taking supplies to a homeless veterans center. …
Obama said he was committed to giving troops the training and equipment they need and making certain the Veterans Affairs Department had the money it needed. He also noted that he had signed a bill into law that would eliminate waste in defense projects and was working to improve the economy so that veterans can find a good job, provide for their families and earn a college degree.

I really thought he'd get it straight this year after saying this last year: "some of whom are here today"?? (He was referring to fallen soldiers)!! But I guess it's not that important to him to get it right.

He did say:
President Barack Obama saluted veterans and urged his countrymen to do the same this Memorial Day weekend, saying the nation has not always paid them proper respect.

-- Pres. Barack Obama, 05/25/2009
Of course he also said:
We've got to get the job done [in Afghanistan] and that requires us to have enough troops that we are not just air raiding villages and killing civilians, which is causing enormous problems there.

-- Sen. Barack Obama, 08/13/2007
Don't know about you folks but I went out to the Veterens Cemetery for the Honor Guard presentation, then went out and fired off fifty rounds in the desert. It was the absolute least I could do.
lbj
Part Timer

Post by lbj »

holy shit, another weekend warrior firing off his stupid guns. i sure hope that your aiming ability is better than your quoting prowess. i doubt obama ever stated
as you have him doing in your quote.
Knun
Part Timer

One last chance to not look like a total idiot.

Post by Knun »

Alright LBJ, I'm going to give you one last chance not to look like a total idiot.

Please look on Youtube for this years message from the ALL KNOWING ASSHAT.

If you do not do that before you post on this subject again I will tear you into pieces and make you look like such a complete fool you will leave for another year or so.

You do not have to tell me I was right and your sorry about your handlers misleading you. Just shut the fuck up on it and let it go.
lbj
Part Timer

Post by lbj »

knun, ass, ass, ass... thats all you ever think about. please, please get some ass so it will be out of your system. it is rather boring to see all the ass in your postings.
Knun
Part Timer

Post by Knun »

Hey happyman!

What was your drug of choice tonight?
lbj
Part Timer

Post by lbj »

knun, you can be sure its not hillbilly heroin the drug of choice for the far right wingnuts like limpbough
Knun
Part Timer

Post by Knun »

So what is it for a lefist looney like yourself?
Knun
Part Timer

Post by Knun »

This is something else.

I post facts to draw out discussion.

I get called names in response and no dissenting opinion.

Please confer with your handlers prior to posting. I think I'm outta here after this one.
lbj
Part Timer

Post by lbj »

knun
Please confer with your handlers

handlers??? thats so 50s. so lame. grow up. evolve. its a new millennium and the soviet union is long gone.
Knun
Part Timer

Post by Knun »

handlers??? thats so 50s. so lame. grow up. evolve. its a new millennium and the soviet union is long gone.
Nobody is thinking Soviet handlers.

You know darn well what I'm talking about. Your an asshat tool.

Don't be discouraged...you can't clean out a barn without a shovel.