Obama Quotes by Joe Ribaudo

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
count
Expert

Obama Quotes by Joe Ribaudo

Post by count »

Post was moved here by Admin
Original post by Joe Ribaudo
=======================

Below are a few lines from Obama's books; In his own words!

From Dreams of My Father: 'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Correction.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Joe,

My apologies, and a correction to my post. I normally check out email's when they are sent to me, and having both books makes my passing along the citations inexcusable.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ownwords.asp

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Hey Joe,
glad to see you posting.

Now why don't you post a few recent remarks by Sara Palin.

I really do feel bad for you. Two weeks ago you were telling everyone how afraid the Democrats were of Palin. Wow! Again, you couldn't have been further from the truth. She's a loser, and as you often do, you made a fool of yourself with your comments.

However,
I honestly believe you are a racist. Please prove me wrong.

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Joe is a racist

Post by lazarus »

Guys:

You'll notice that every single quote Joe culled from Obama referenced race.

That's your real problem, isn't it Joe...
you're a racist pig.

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Zen,

You and I just had this discussion. I told you there were racists posting at this forum, and unfortunately, I was right... Joe is a racist.

You are always welcome to call me anytime, but by God, if you have even a modicum of sense, you won't attempt to defend Joe's remarks. Only an absolute scumbag would defend Joe at this juncture.

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

BTW,

I'm curious.
I don't recall seeing any blacks or Mexicans at any of the rendezvous. Are any of you that post here any race other than white?

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Joe,

it has taken several cups of coffee to understand what transpired. Obviously, someone sent you spurious information. It's true, you did not hesitate to post the quotes, which I immediately recognized as being out of context... inaccurate, and in some cases, outright lies.

I still believe you posting the quotes demonstrates a highly questionable aspect of your personality, and thus, your thought development. I do indeed believe you are a racist, and I hope to God you prove me wrong.

On the other hand, I commend you for coming clean and apologizing for your contribution to the confusion. Thank you. Things will get better.

Brad
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Just Misunderstood???

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

"TRUTH IS SPREADING ABOUT
OBAMA'S TIES TO TERRORIST!

Dear Fellow American,

Barack Obama has had a long association with his friend William Ayers, who was on the FBI's Most Wanted list for nearly a DOZEN terrorist attacks.

NOBODY in the mainstream media has wanted to talk about this fact.

Just this week, the Wall Street Journal's Stanley Kurtz ran a HUGE exposé on the long relationship between Obama and Ayers, entitled "Obama and Ayers Pushed Radicalism On Schools" -- giving details about what they did together, and revealing to the nation what we've been saying all along.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rich-noyes ... connection

William Charles Ayers and Barack Obama have been friends for decades.

This is a man who has admitted to BOMBING THE PENTAGON -- and has never expressed one ounce of regret for his actions. Ayers is a terrorist -- and Obama is his friend and political student. Obama has tried to dismiss Ayers as just "a guy who lives in my neighborhood," and "not somebody who I exchange ideas with on a regular basis." Yet documents in the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC) archives, housed in the Richard J. Daley Library at the University of Illinois at Chicago, make it VERY clear that Ayers and Obama were partners in the CAC in the 1990s. But that's not all -- there is clear evidence that Obama and Ayers were friends all the way back in 1986.

Obama and Ayers served together in 1995 on the CAC, overseeing the distribution of about $50 million to area schools through radical left-wing groups like the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (or ACORN). As the Journal reports, Ayers "called for infusing students and their parents with a radical political commitment, and which downplayed achievement tests in favor of activism."

That same year -- 1995 -- Barack Obama's first run for the Illinois State Senate was launched at a gathering at Ayers's own home!

THE WORD IS FINALLY GETTING OUT about Obama's connections to this radical left-wing terrorist.

What does the association between Ayers and Obama say about Obama's political views and perspective?

Ayers was an anti-American, traitorous radical who will stop at nothing to push his hateful communist agenda. (Yes he called himself a "radical, Leftist, communist"!)

In the 1960s and '70s, he was a leader in the notorious underground terrorist group, the "Weathermen." The Weathermen declared war on the United States government, and they bombed over 30 establishments (leading to multiple fatalities, including police officers).

Ayers is unapologetic about his terrorist activities. In fact, he even said he didn't do enough bombing!

Incredibly, on Sept. 11, 2001, Ayers is quoted by The New York Times as saying, "I don't regret setting bombs … I feel we didn't do enough."

WHAT??? How could a man like Barack Obama associate with such a dangerous radical? And even defend him?

Obama and Ayers not only worked hand-in-hand at the CAC; they worked together at the "Woods Fund," and had a number of forums to fight legislation together. And guess what "nonprofit organizations" benefited from funds directed to them by Obama and Ayers? How about Rev. Jeremiah Wright's church, for starters?

And now Obama, Ayers' friend, could be sitting in the White House next year -- unless WE tell the American people the TRUTH about them!

We MUST continue to get the word out there about Obama and his ties to terrorists like William Ayers, a man who once said, "Kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home, kill your parents, that's where it's really at." A man who bombed the Pentagon and doesn't regret it. And the man who almost single-handedly launched Barack Obama's political career.

The major media have already decided who their candidate is! MSNBC host Chris Matthews says Barack Obama makes a "thrill" go up his leg when he hears him speak."
Gary Kreep
Executive Director
Republican Majority Campaign PAC

It makes sense to question the source of this message, but the real question is......Is it all true?

I am not the first to post "spurious" information on this Forum, but I correct my mistakes, and no one needed to point it out to me. When I make such a mistake, I apologize.

Joe Ribaudo
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

lol@u
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

oops...looks like the people of the united states finally stood up.
bush is defeated...lame duck...

no big bucks for multinational corporations who made record profits, then whine the people need to give them 700 billion to "bail out" their mistakes.

waaaa the dow is down..waaaaaa we are not allowed to rape the resources of the earth and charge the poor people for the goods.
waaaaaaa... the new neocon marching song.
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

I see Joe is still as stupid and delusional as ever. Some people are just born to make fools of themselves. Give it up Joe. You lost! You are a desperate, little pig.

The Dow plunged over 700 points today... the largest single day loss in Dow history. The bailout bill failed. Welcome to Joe's America.

Brad
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

[This is an interesting viewpoint of a lesson from the fifties. Students of history realize that history does sometimes repeat.

Beware Charismatic Men Who Preach ‘Change’

Editor, Times-Dispatch:

Each year I get to celebrate Independence Day twice. On June 30 I celebrate my independence day and on July 4 I celebrate America’s. This year is special, because it marks the 40th anniversary of my independence.
On June 30, 1968, I escaped Communist Cuba and a few months later I was in the United States to stay. That I happened to arrive in Richmond on Thanksgiving Day is just part of the story, but I digress.
I’ve thought a lot about the anniversary this year. The election-year rhetoric has made me think a lot about Cuba and what transpired there. In the late 1950s, most Cubans thought Cuba needed a change, and they were right. So when a young leader came along, every Cuban was at least receptive.
When the young leader spoke eloquently and passionately and denounced the old system, the press fell in love with him. They never questioned who his friends were or what he really believed in. When he said he would help the farmers and the poor and bring free medical care and education to all, everyone followed. When he said he would bring justice and equality to all, everyone said “Praise the Lord.” And when the young leader said, “I will be for change and I’ll bring you change,” everyone yelled, “Viva Fidel!”
But nobody asked about the change, so by the time the executioner’s guns went silent the people’s guns had been taken away. By the time everyone was equal, they were equally poor, hungry, and oppressed. By the time everyone received their free education it was worth nothing. By the time the press noticed, it was too late, because they were now working for him. By the time the change was finally implemented Cuba had been knocked down a couple of notches to Third-World status. By the time the change was over more than a million people had taken to boats, rafts, and inner tubes. You can call those who made it ashore anywhere else in the world the most fortunate Cubans. And now I’m back to the beginning of my story.
Luckily, we would never fall in America for a young leader who promised change without asking, what change? How will you carry it out? What will it cost America?
Would we?

Manuel Alvarez Jr. Sandy Hook.]

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Well, Joe...
I just did the research and no major news organization is following your story. In fact, Ayers may have been called a terrorist by the FBI, but who the fuck are they?... liars and criminals.

The truth is that ALL charges were dropped against Ayers because the FBI violated the law. Ayers was never found guilty of any charges made by the FBI. Welcome to reality!

This is the second time in a week you have fallen for a ruse. You have reduced yourself to a punchline from a bad joke. You are spent. Of course you're a fucking fool... it's written all over your face.

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

None of those articles support your assertions. Not one.

However,
I will concede that I consider Time and the L.A. Times 'major' news outlets.
Still, those articles do not reflect your contention... only how the story evolved. Nothing supporting any claims of guilt through association.

BTW,
did you notice the NEW York Sun collapsed today? Another neo-con rag bellies up.

Great day for Bush supporters,,,
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

"They are now widely respected community figures here."

LA Times.

Try again, shit for brains.
lbj
Part Timer

Post by lbj »

joe,

i too will stand with the muslims when
the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'
just as i hope i would have had the courage to stand with the jews had i been in germany when the political wind shifted there.

how can you find something negative in obamas quote about the shifting political winds??? please expand on what you dont like about that quote. thanks in advance for your clarification.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

lbj,

Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:45 pm Post subject: Correction.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe,

My apologies, and a correction to my post. I normally check out email's when they are sent to me, and having both books makes my passing along the citations inexcusable.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ownwords.asp

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo

I should think that post explained my position fairly well. I have no problem with what Obama said.

Joe Ribaudo
lbj
Part Timer

Post by lbj »

joe,

charles ayers supports obama. so what? do you have any evidence that obama supported ayers in the 70's?

charles keating supported mccain and mccain supported keating. by your logic mccain is a crook who cheated widows out of their life savings.

do you really believe your logic is valid or are you just playing politics?
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

To Be Clear......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

lbj,

There are enough creeps to go around in both parties. Keating never bragged about blowing up buuildings.

"They are now widely respected community figures here."

What a wonderful thing. :lol: Al Capone was once a "respected community figure" in Chicago. I dare say, many people could rise to that same level.

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Hey Jackass,

that quote came from one of your articles, not mine... so if you don't like it, you can shove it up your ignorant ass.

You're a fucking idiot!

Brad