support the troops

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
critter
Part Timer
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Raw one

Post by critter »

Hey Don, Fuck off!
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

Critter
Some mentality! Some vocabulary! two words only ..repeated endlessly....to call you a moron would be paying you a compliment.
Don update your email address
critter
Part Timer
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Don's Raw Nerve

Post by critter »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fuck off, Don!
lazarus
Expert

Redneck Reasoning

Post by lazarus »

Don,

you are guilty of stupid. You are a classic example of clueless redneck reasoning.

You're scared, aren't you... you're a chicken-shit coward running from rag-heads who want you to run. So run then, little chicken-shit. You use them as an excuse to behave like a mindless warmonger, which indeed, you are.

You are not a patriot, you are an ignorant nationalist. There is a profound difference, but it's obviously out of your grasp.

Go fuck yourself, coward!
lazarus
Expert

Chicken-Shit

Post by lazarus »

Don,
these are your fucking heroes... puppy killers.

HONOLULU - The Marine Corps said Wednesday it was expelling one Marine and disciplining another for their roles in a video showing a Marine throwing a puppy off a cliff while on patrol in Iraq.

The 17-second video posted on YouTube drew sharp condemnation from animal rights groups when it came to light in March.

The clip shows two Marines joking before one hurls the puppy into a rocky gully. A yelping sound is heard as it flips through the air.

Bring it on, chicken shit.
lazarus
Expert

The Truth

Post by lazarus »

AMMAN, Jordan - Talks with the United States on a new long-term security pact have reached a "dead end" because of U.S. demands that infringed Iraq's sovereignty, Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said Friday.

"We have reached a dead end, because when we started the talks, we found that the U.S. demands hugely infringe on the sovereignty of Iraq, and this we can never accept," Maliki told journalists during a visit to neighboring Jordan.

Fuck you warmongers
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

You two could never be accused of being sensible could you?
You would serve yourself and your views better if every other sentence didnt include phrases "chickenshit",or "fuck off" .
Its no wonder this forum is on its knees. though of course the smaller the number of posters there are ,the better it is for you and the faintly unoriginal "punch and judy" show you are presenting.
Don update your email address
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Many Thanks......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

critter,

Many thanks for defending me on the LDM Forum. I thought about saying something concerning the unrelenting personal attacks from your friend, but assumed the management would take care of it. I never expected you to complain about it, but figure most folks will eventually wake up to the truth. I don't believe there is any bias involved, but I don't claim to be an expert on that subject.

You are to be commended.

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Joe

Post by lazarus »

Joe,

he was not talking about me, Joe...

he was talking about you, fool.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

Filed Under: Iraq News, Nation News
Five years after this photo of a U.S. soldier helping a young Iraqi boy to safety ran in newspapers across America, the man in the photo is dead. Former Army Spc. Joseph Dwyer died late last month of a drug overdose, authorities said. Dwyer's friends say he suffered from post traumatic stress disorder. "He was certainly a hero. ... He did have some difficulty dealing with it," Jean Offutt, a Fort Bliss spokesperson said. Get the Full Story
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

todays news:
Ft. Whipple Department of Veterans Affairs hospitial under investigation for abuse of patients...over use of "medications" to keep patients submissive...physical injury to patients...ect..ect..ect...
same old shit...new war.

where is the shade of truth to that punassjoe? PHYSICAL FUCKIN INJURY TO VETERANS BY STAFF.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Thursday, September 18, 2008

PRESCOTT (AP) -- An Arizona congressman wants increased monitoring at a Department of Veterans Affairs nursing home in Prescott after a newspaper report documented allegations of patient neglect and abuse.

Rep. Harry Mitchell wrote to the head of the House veterans affairs committee last week asking for the committee to increase monitoring of the Northern Arizona Veterans Affairs Health Care System's Community Living Center. The Daily Courier newspaper in Prescott published a report last month that documented a complaint by a fired nurse that has led to a probe by the U.S. Office of Special Counsel.

Registered nurse Jerri Bedell alleges she was fired from the Community Living Center two days after writing a lengthy letter to a supervisor outlining her concerns about abuse and neglect of veteran patients.

Bedell raised a variety of allegations, including that a staff member at the facility shoved a patient's injured foot into a wall so hard that doctors had to reset the pins surgeons had used to stabilize it. The incident was confirmed by Marianne Locke, the associate director for Patient Care Services.

Other issues raised by Bedell and nurses, patients and family members interviewed by the Courier include patients being left in their own waste for hours, staff handling patients roughly and mocking them, missed medications, and staff overmedication of patients as a way to "chemically restrain" them.

Prescott VA's director, Susan Angell, declined to speak directly to the Courier. But when a staff member to Sen. John McCain asked Angell about some of Bedell's charges, Angell said that the Prescott VA fully investigated Bedell's allegations.

"Most of the allegations were unsubstantiated," Angell wrote in a letter obtained by the Courier. "Several allegations were found to be essentially a difference of opinion. ... Other allegations were found to be substantiated in part and corrective action was taken."

Locke said the Prescott VA is not abusing or neglecting patients.

"These things are not happening here," Locke said. "We have people who would like to see us in a bad light." Locke later acknowledged there had been other problems at the facility, including low staffing and overmedication.

The Office of Special Counsel is pursuing a federal whistleblower complaint Bedell filed in May. James Mitchell, chief of staff and director of communications for the OSC, said an investigator was assigned to the case on Aug. 25.

The OSC launches a formal investigation only after a review to see if there may be adequate evidence of proving wrongdoing, Mitchell said.

The investigation is concerned only with whether Bedell was fired in retaliation for complaining about abuse and neglect of veterans, he said, and could take months to complete.

Meanwhile, Mitchell said, a second case involving disclosures of neglect and abuse that Bedell made is still developing. "It may be referred to the Secretary of the Department of Veterans' Affairs for investigation," Mitchell said.

The center has a total of 85 beds, Locke said, but fills only 60 to 65. The center and a nearby acute care facility are short about 10 nurses, Locke said.

In one incident Bedell and other nurses noted, three veterans were overmedicated so badly for constipation that they were found lying in their own excrement from their armpits to their knees.

Locke and the center's medical director, Dr. Jyoti Walavalkar, also confirmed that the incidents took place. They said a pharmacist and several nurses were retrained as a result.

Angell wrote in Bedell's termination notice that she was being fired "because on several occasions you have removed foley catheters from patients without orders to do so."

However, Locke and Walavalkar emphatically stated in an interview with The Daily Courier that a nurse should immediately remove a problem catheter from a patient and does not need "orders" to do so.

"We have told the nurses to use their judgment," Walavalkar said.

Locke said Bedell's explanation of why she removed the catheters didn't match the facts.

Many people interviewed by the Courier said the Prescott VA has plenty of good employees. But there are problems, they say, and the VA needs to fix them.

"There are good staff there and basically the care is good," Bedell said. "The staff that are bad are few in number; the staff that are overworked and stressed are many and (they are) making mistakes."

Information from: The Daily Courier, http://www.dcourier.com
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Reuters
posted: 35 MINUTES AGOcomments: 33filed under: World NewsPrintShareText SizeAAALONDON (Oct. 5) - Britain's commander in Afghanistan has said the war against the Taliban cannot be won, the Sunday Times reported.
Photos From AfghanistanREUTERS500 photos A policeman holds a piece of cloth after a suicide bomb blast in the western province of Herat October 5, 2008. A suicide bomber on a motorbike detonated his explosives near an Afghan army convoy, injuring one officer and three civilians in western Herat province, a district governor told Reuters. quoted Brigadier Mark Carleton-Smith as saying in an interview that if the Taliban were willing to talk, then that might be "precisely the sort of progress" needed to end the insurgency.
"We're not going to win this war. It's about reducing it to a manageable level of insurgency that's not a strategic threat and can be managed by the Afghan army," he said.
He said his forces had "taken the sting out of the Taliban for 2008" but that troops may well leave Afghanistan with there still being a low level of insurgency.
But Afghanistan's Defense Minister expressed his disappointment on Sunday at the commander's statements, maintaining the insurgency had to be defeated.
"I think this is the personal opinion of that commander," Abdul Rahim Wardak told reporters.
"The main objective of the Afghan government and the whole international community is that we have to defeat this war of terror and be successful," he said.
Wardak said success also depended on how British forces were approaching the problems they faced in Helmand but did not say whether their current strategy was the right one.
Asked if the commander's comments came as a disappointment, Wardak said: "Yes, it is disappointing, for sure."
Britain has around 8,000 troops based in Afghanistan, most of them in the volatile southern province of Helmand, where they face daily battles with a growing insurgency.
NO NEGOTIATIONS WITH "INVADERS"
NATO commanders and diplomats have been saying for some time that the Taliban insurgency cannot be defeated by military means alone and that negotiations with the militants will ultimately be needed to bring an end to the conflict.
"If the Taliban were prepared to sit on the other side of the table and talk about a political settlement, then that's precisely the sort of progress that concludes insurgencies like this," Carleton-Smith said. "That shouldn't make people uncomfortable."
But a spokesman for the Taliban said on Sunday there would be no negotiations with foreigners and repeated calls made by Taliban commanders for the unconditional withdrawal of the more than 70,000 international troops from Afghanistan.
"They should know that Taliban will never hold talks with the invaders," Taliban spokesman Qari Mohammad Yousuf told the Pakistan-based Afghan news agency, AIP.
"What we had said in the past, we also say once again, that foreign forces should leave without any condition," he said.
Violence in Afghanistan has increased to its worst level since 2001, when U.S.-led and Afghan forces overthrew the ruling Taliban following the September 11 attacks on the United States.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai said last week he had asked the king of Saudi Arabia to mediate in talks with the insurgents and called on Taliban leader Mullah Omar to return to his homeland and to make peace.
(Writing by Myra MacDonald; additional reporting by Jonathon Burch in Kabul; Editing by Valerie Lee)
Copyright 2008, Reuters
2008-10-05 09:22:05
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

MINORITIES.........

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

[We need to show more sympathy for these people.
* They travel miles in the heat.
* They risk their lives crossing a border.
* They don't get paid enough wages.
* They do jobs that others won't do or are afraid to do.
* They live in crowded conditions among a people who speak a different language.
* They rarely see their families, and they face adversity all day every day.

I'm not talking about illegal Mexicans; I'm talking about our troops!

Doesn't it seem strange that many of our elected officials are willing to lavish all kinds of social benefits on illegals, but don't support our troops, and are now threatening to defund them?]

Joe Ribaudo
lbj
Part Timer

Post by lbj »

joe,

am i correct in assuming that mccain supported the immigration bill that you were against? correct me if i am wrong and you also supported the bill.

personally i see no reason to associate our troops with people who are enticed to come here to be employed illegally. the republicans refused to vote for the corporate bailout until a lot of pork was added. that pork went to corporations and not to our troops.

mccain voted against the gi bill. that affects our troops much more than illegal immigration. please not mix the 2 different issues.

i am very interested in hearing from you why voting against the gi bill is good for out troops.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

For Some, Against Others........

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

lbj,

I am against many of the things that John McCain has supported. Same thing can be said about President Bush and Obama.

Trouble is, there are only two to realistically choose from. I will take the devil I know over the one I don't.

You are correct. I was against the immigration bill.

As for the bailout:

Both sides heaped on the pork. The original proposal from the Bush Administration was three pages. The final was around 450 pages. Surely you don't believe it was only the Republicans who created those reams of pages.

I don't know why you are asking me to "not mix the 2 different issues".
I don't believe we have discussed them.

All bills have a big problem. Both sides tag their pet projects on to them.
What looks like someone is voting for or against a good cause....is pure bullshit. The cause is lost in the amendments. If you are only reading the blog's which tell one side of the story, that's all you will be able to understand.

McCain may have been wrong, it wouldn't be the first time, but he is not against providing for our troops. In this case, he sided with the Pentagon and the President. They had their reasons, and right or wrong, he agreed.

Joe Ribaudo
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

nothing like right wing death squads to cure lefties of the notion they have human rights.

WASHINGTON — GOP presidential nominee John McCain has past connections to a private group that supplied aid to guerrillas seeking to overthrow the leftist government of Nicaragua in the Iran-Contra affair.

McCain's ties are facing renewed scrutiny after his campaign criticized Barack Obama for his link to a former radical who engaged in violent acts 40 years ago.

The U.S. Council for World Freedom was part of an international organization linked to former Nazi collaborators and ultra-right-wing death squads in Central America. The group was dedicated to stamping out communism around the globe.

The council's founder, retired Army Maj. Gen. John Singlaub, said McCain became associated with the organization in the early 1980s as McCain was launching his political career in Arizona. Singlaub said McCain was a supporter but not an active member in the group.

"McCain was a new guy on the block learning the ropes," Singlaub told The Associated Press in an interview. "I think I met him in the Washington area when he was just a new congressman. We had McCain on the board to make him feel like he wasn't left out. It looks good to have names on a letterhead who are well-known and appreciated.

"I don't recall talking to McCain at all on the work of the group," Singlaub said.

The renewed attention over McCain's association with Singlaub's group comes as McCain's campaign steps up criticism of Obama's dealings with William Ayers, a college professor who co-founded the Weather Underground and years later worked on education reform in Chicago alongside Obama. Ayers held a meet-the-candidate event at his home when Obama first ran for public office in the mid-1990s

Obama was roughly 8 years old when Ayers, now at the University of Illinois at Chicago, was working with the Weather Underground, which took responsibility for bombings that included nonfatal blasts at the Pentagon and U.S. Capitol. McCain's vice presidential nominee, Sarah Palin, has said that Obama "pals around with terrorists."

In McCain's case, Singlaub knew McCain's father, a Navy admiral who had sought Singlaub's counsel when McCain, a Navy pilot, became a prisoner of war and spent 5 1/2 years in North Vietnamese hands.

"John's father asked me for advice about what he ought to do now that his son had been shot down and captured," Singlaub recalled in one of two recent interviews. "I said, 'As long as you don't give any impression that you care more about him than you care about any of the other prisoners, he won't be treated any differently.'"

Covert arms shipments to the rebels called Contras, financed in part by secret arms sales to Iran, became known as the Iran-Contra affair. They proved to be the undoing of Singlaub's council.

In 1987, the Internal Revenue Service withdrew the tax-exempt status of Singlaub's group because of its activities on behalf of the Contras.

Elected to the House in 1982 and at a time when he was on the board of Singlaub's council, McCain was among Republicans on Capitol Hill expressing support for the Contras, a CIA-organized guerrilla force in Central America. In 1984, Congress cut off CIA funds for the Contras.

Months before the cutoff, top Reagan administration officials ramped up a secret White House-directed supply network and put National Security Council aide Oliver North in charge of running it. The goal was to keep the Contras operational until Congress could be persuaded to resume CIA funding.

Singlaub's private group became the public cover for the White House operation.

Secretly, Singlaub worked with North in an effort to raise millions of dollars from foreign governments.

McCain has said previously he resigned from the council in 1984 and asked in 1986 to have his name removed from the group's letterhead.

"I didn't know whether (the group's activity) was legal or illegal, but I didn't think I wanted to be associated with them," McCain said in a newspaper interview in 1986.

Singlaub does not recall any McCain resignation in 1984 or May 1986. Nor does Joyce Downey, who oversaw the group's day-to-day activities.

"That's a surprise to me," Singlaub said. "This is the first time I've ever heard that. There may have been someone in his office communicating with our office."

"I don't ever remember hearing about his resigning, but I really wasn't worried about that part of our activities, a housekeeping thing," said Singlaub. "If he didn't want to be on the board that's OK. It wasn't as if he had been active participant and we were going to miss his help. He had no active interest. He certainly supported us."
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

updated 9:53 a.m. MT, Wed., Oct. 8, 2008
PHILADELPHIA - The widow of an Iraq war veteran who committed suicide while in outpatient care for depression at a Veterans Administration hospital is suing the federal government for alleged negligence.

Tiera Woodward, 26, claims her late husband, Donald, sought treatment at a VA hospital in Lebanon, Pa., after three suicide attempts but wasn't seen by a psychiatrist for more than two months.

She says doctors were slow to diagnose her husband with major depression, and that once the diagnosis was made, a psychiatrist failed to schedule a follow-up meeting with her husband after he informed the doctor he had gone off his medication.

Donald Woodward killed himself in March 2006 at age 23.

"I intend to make them make changes," said his mother, Lori Woodward. "I have too many friends whose kids are in Iraq. I have a nephew now in Iraq, in the same unit, and I can't have my family go through this again."

Alison Aikele, a VA spokeswoman in Washington, said the agency does not typically comment on pending litigation.

The lawsuit, filed in the Middle District of Pennsylvania, seeks an unspecified amount for funeral expenses, lost income and pain and suffering.

'Painful reminder'
It echoes other lawsuits nationwide over VA mental-health services, despite legislation President Bush signed in November ordering improvements.

The family of Marine Jeffrey Lucey, also 23, has a federal suit pending in Massachusetts over his June 2004 suicide. And two veterans groups sued the VA in San Francisco seeking an overhaul of its health system, citing special concerns about mental health, but a judge dismissed the suit in June over venue issues.

More than 150,000 Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans have already sought mental health care from the VA, and 200,000 others have sought medical care, according to Veterans for Common Sense, one of the groups involved in the California lawsuit.

"Each tragic veteran suicide is yet another painful reminder of the human cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and VA's abject failure to provide timely and appropriate mental health care," said Paul Sullivan, the group's executive director. "How many wake-up calls does (the) VA need?"

...8 more years of republican rule is a death sentence for veterans.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

pippinwhitepaws
Expert

burning veterans

updated 12:46 a.m. MT, Sat., Oct. 11, 2008
LOS ANGELES - A homeless man died after being doused with gasoline and set on fire on a street where he had lived for many years and was a familiar face to residents of Koreatown, police and local merchants said Friday.

Police were called to Third Street west of downtown Thursday evening and found the man, who was pronounced dead at a hospital.

A man in his 20s was seen throwing gasoline on the man, chasing him, throwing more on him and running from the scene, said Deputy Chief Sergio Diaz. Scorch marks stained a wall Friday where the man was burned.

The burning horrified even officers who routinely witness violent crimes, Diaz said.

"To murder somebody who's probably suffering from mental illness issues and not bothering anyone — just a poor wretch on the street — you've got to be a soulless nitwit to do something like this," he said.

The victim remained unidentified, and coroner's investigators might have to rely on fingerprints, Diaz said. Investigators canvassed the neighborhood Friday looking for evidence, witnesses and information about the victim.

Shopkeepers said the man was a fixture in the dense residential neighborhood at the northern edge of Koreatown, and residents were shocked to hear about his violent death.

Every day, the man drank a Dr Pepper, ate a bag of chips and smoked cigarettes, said Young Kim, who owns a nearby dry cleaner.

'He didn't deserve this'
The homeless man had been in the area for at least 20 years but never bothered anyone or begged for money, Kim said. People gave him food, clothes and spare change.

"This is a terrible shame. He didn't deserve this. It's so cruel," said Jose Antonio Gonzalez, who owns a vitamin shop near where the man was found.

Gonzalez said some longtime residents called the man Johnny and believed he had fought in the Vietnam War and had a wealthy family somewhere. Gonzalez didn't know whether the stories were true.

"He didn't seem to have mental problems. He understood and spoke well. I don't know why he lived on the street," Kim said.

A witness, Thomas Lopez, told KCAL-TV he saw a teenager walk by the homeless man and pour something on him. Moments later the man was on fire.

"To actually see this guy on fire, it was unbelievable. Who would do such a thing?" Lopez said. "I took my shirt off and started putting him out."

The man, who paramedics thought was about 50 years old, had burns over 90 percent of his body, Fire Department spokeswoman d'Lisa Davies said.

Andy Bales, chief executive of the Union Rescue Mission on downtown's Skid Row, said the incident was "part of a long history of people attacking vulnerable homeless individuals in Los Angeles."

"They think the person is less than human because they happen to be homeless. I don't know how you could do that to another human being," Bales said.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

By Rick Maze - Staff writer
Posted : Thursday Oct 16, 2008 11:39:23 EDT

A group of Iraq war veterans opposed to that conflict got into an altercation with police outside Hofstra University on Wednesday about an hour before the final presidential debate as they tried to deliver a list of questions they wanted the candidates to answer.

Ten were arrested and several were injured, including one who received hospital treatment after apparently being trampled by a police horse, said former Army Sgt. Kristofer Goldsmith, one of those arrested at the Hempstead, N.Y., university.

Goldsmith said the 10 veterans and five other people were charged with disorderly conduct and refusal to obey a lawful order, and were released. They will appear in court Nov. 10 to face charges.

Goldsmith, who said he served in Iraq in 2005 and left the Army in 2006, said about 15 members of Iraq Veterans Against the War marched in formation to the gates of the campus with the intention of delivering questions about the war and treatment of veterans that had not been asked in the previous two presidential debates.

The veterans gave debate organizers and the candidates a 7 p.m. deadline to allow them inside. After the deadline passed, the veterans tried to break through police lines at about 7:30 p.m. and were stopped, he said.

“We planned this to be a peaceful protest, a completely nonviolent protest, trying to bring veterans to the forefront of the debate,” Goldsmith said.

Veterans at the front of the formation were immediately arrested as they attempted to march through the police line, he said. Other veterans were pushed back into the crowd by police on horseback, which is what led to the injury to Nick Morgan, another Army veteran who Goldsmith said was treated for a broken cheekbone.

The Long Island newspaper Newsday reported the arrests of 15 people — including the 10 veterans — from a group of about 350 people protesting in front of the university.

According to the newspaper, two people were injured by police horses pushing back about 200 people crowding the police line. A police report said Morgan was injured when he was knocked to the ground by a horse.

The veterans’ group, which claims 1,300 members, used similar tactics in protests this summer at the Democratic and Republican national conventions, with troops marching in formation to deliver messages and demanding entry so their issues could be addressed. None of the members were arrested at those events, Goldsmith said.

Members of the group are not especially happy with either candidate, believing they are ignoring veterans’ issues and don’t want to hear complaints, Goldsmith said.

“Last night, they refused to hear veterans,” he said.