Say it ain't so, Joe.

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
TC ASKEY
Part Timer

Post by TC ASKEY »

Critter = Democrat Supporter

Joe Ribaudo = Republican Supporter

Lazarus = Athletic Supporter
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Clear Mind......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

I will be voting with a clear concscience and a clear mind. On the other hand, I won't need any drugs to function long enough to get to the voting booth.

John McCain has at least voted on the bills that came before him. He was able to make a judgement on the benifits and liabilities of the issue and vote yes or no.

Obama will have to leave voting "present" behind him and make clear decisions, which he was not been able to do while in the State Senate.
The only people who don't make mistakes, are those who do nothing. That fits any honest description of Obama.

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Hey there, Mr. Clear Conscience...

Wait til you read this article written by John McCain shortly after 9/11.

Before you read the article, ask yourself 'Do I believe John McCain is a rational thinker, or do I believe John McCain is a delusional warmonger?'

Then when you have completed reading the article, look yourself in the mirror, (and I'm serious) and ask yourself the question again.

There Is No Substitute For Victory

Sen. John McCain
Wall Street Journal
October 26, 2001

http://www.newamericancentury.org/war-102601.htm
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

amazing how politicians can get away with outright lies an deception on a constant basis.

"By David D. Kirkpatrick and Charles Duhigg

updated 11:56 p.m. MT, Sun., Sept. 21, 2008
Senator John McCain’s campaign manager was paid more than $30,000 a month for five years as president of an advocacy group set up by the mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to defend them against stricter regulations, current and former officials say.

Mr. McCain, the Republican candidate for president, has recently begun campaigning as a critic of the two companies and the lobbying army that helped them evade greater regulation as they began buying riskier mortgages with implicit federal backing. He and his Democratic rival, Senator Barack Obama, have donors and advisers who are tied to the companies.

"
yep, mccain is all for helping main street...
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

and here is more...amazing what the back pages of the "liberal news" has available...

By Jackie Calmes and David D. Kirkpatrick

updated 6:35 a.m. MT, Wed., Sept. 24, 2008
WASHINGTON - One of the giant mortgage companies at the heart of the credit crisis paid $15,000 a month to a firm owned by Senator John McCain’s campaign manager from the end of 2005 through last month, according to two people with direct knowledge of the arrangement. The disclosure contradicts a statement Sunday night by Mr. McCain that the campaign manager, Rick Davis, had no involvement with the company for the last several years. Mr. Davis’s firm received the payments from the company, Freddie Mac, until it was taken over by the government this month along with Fannie Mae, the other big mortgage lender whose deteriorating finances helped precipitate the cascading problems on Wall Street, the people said.

They said they did not recall Mr. Davis doing much substantive work for the company in return for the money, other than speak to a political action committee composed of high-ranking employees in October 2006 on the coming midterm congressional elections. They said Mr. Davis’s his firm, Davis & Manafort, was kept on the payroll because of Mr. Davis’s close ties to Mr. McCain, the Republican presidential nominee, who was widely expected by 2006 to run again for the White House.

Mr. Davis took a leave from Davis & Manafort for the duration of the campaign, but as a partner and equity-holder continues to share in its profits. No one at Davis & Manafort other than Mr. Davis was involved in efforts on Freddie Mac’s behalf, the people familiar with the arrangement said.
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Joe,
you are, without doubt, the worst scumbag I have ever met.

Speaking of scumbags and drug addicts, be sure to vote for McCain, whose wife was so addicted to drugs, she was caught stealing painkillers intended for children with cancer.

That's Joe's idea of a first lady.
lazarus
Expert

More Crazy Talk

Post by lazarus »

And now back to the crazy talk 8O

This time the crazy talk comes courtesy of Donald Rumsfeld, who made the following remarks on Wednesday, September 13th, 2001 in the company of several others, including George W. Bush, Colin Powell and the nation's Crisis Manager Richard Clarke.

Excerpt from 'Against All Enemies'
Richard A. Clarke

By the afternoon on Wednesday, Secretary Rumsfeld was talking about broadening the objectives of our response and "getting Iraq". Secretary Powell pushed back, urging a focus on al Qaeda. Relieved to have some support, I thanked Colin Powell and his deputy, Rich Armitage. "I thought I was missing something here," I vented. "Having been attacked by al Qaeda, for us now to go bombing Iraq in response would be like invading Mexico after the Japanese attacked us at Pearl Harbor."

Powell shook his head. "It's not over yet."

Indeed, it was not. Later in the day, Secretary Rumsfeld complained that there were no decent targets for bombing in Afghanistan and that we should consider bombing Iraq, which, he said, had better targets. At first I thought Rumsfeld was joking but he was not. He was serious.

Any of you out there in reality still defending the transgressions of the Bush administration? Tell me again you're not war mongers.

Brad
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Addiction To Hate.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

For those of you who may not know, Ms. McCain became addicted to pain killers for chronic, severe pain. On the other hand, Obama admitted to being addicted to cocaine.........for kicks. It's not hard to figure out why Cooper admires the man so much.

Now I don't believe Ms. McCain will be running for President anytime soon, but Obama will probably end up with that position.

Of course, like Ms. Obama, Cooper has also never been proud of his country. :roll: Unlike Cooper, the Obama's have thought better than to keep advertising their hatred of America. Once he gets in the White House, that will all change.

Joe Ribaudo
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

i love the way neocons have that selective reasoning...it is ok to do drugs if you are a republican in pain...

then the punk turns and calls everyone who doesn't believe in the same nazi regimen that they do a drug addict.

excuse me...you fucks are the ones on drugs.

punkassjoe, you lost all creditability. remember two months ago when you posted you would never come in this forum again...now here you are, and the lie you never posted that will come next.

you are a liar, i avoid liars. they have a tendency to steal and cheat also.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

"creditability"

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

pip,

"punkassjoe, you lost all creditability. remember two months ago when you posted you would never come in this forum again...now here you are, and the lie you never posted that will come next."

"it's early, i haven't had enough coffee,
point: it was rather nice interacting with the few who have posted since we agreed not to play with the sick person."

Yes, I remember. Brad starts almost every post with "Joe", and it's obvious that you missed me as well, judging by the above quote. Does your agreement "not to play with the sick person" count as a lie? :lol: Does posting a diatribe aimed exclusively at me, without using my name count as a lie? Common practice when you just have to call a spade a spade. Trust me, I recognize the need.

I am still, and always will be, the main topic for the three of you. Without talking about me, you are reduced to the senseless drivel that you have been posting on this Forum for the last few weeks.

I came back to posting here, to drive you guys a little farther over the edge. Who could resist such huge targets?

Watching some little schoolboy attack people like Professors Martin and Smith is a laugh a minute. As if anyone here, other than me, pays the least bit of attention to your childish ranting's. You may have noticed the paucity of posts wherever you guys get into a conversation. If not, let me point it out to you. :roll:

No one has said that Ms. McCain did the right thing but at least she had something (physical pain), other than a desire to escape reality, that required drugs for relief. Creating a drugged view of the world because you don't like it, as opposed to pain relief, might be considered two different things.....to most people.

It' fairly common for people who are unhappy with their lives, and what they have done with them, to attack people who have actually done something with theirs. Cindy McCain has done something worthwhile with her life, but her politics don't agree with yours, so you attack her personally. Your own erroneous version of what took place with Ms. McCain's drug addiction, shows the usual lack of research and knowledge of any given subject you care to expound on.

Anyone who cares to see the real story of Cindy McCain, can find it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_McCain
Of course you will claim it's just all lies. That is just one of many sites that will give you some insight into the kind of person she is.

It's really hard to believe you are a student at NAU. They must have lowered their standards considerably.

It's understandable that you would have no respect for me, but before you start disrespecting professionals in the world of archaeology/anthropology, you should garner some peer respect of your own. You do not develop that by coming on forums like this, and casting stones, pardon the pun, at everyone who makes you look like the idiot you are.

Does "interacting with the few" mean: "does not play well with others"?

By the way, my "creditability" is just fine. Even in this market, I could get as much cash as I want. Banks trust me......And you? :lol:

My work here is done........for awhile. :wink:

You have a good life.....pip,

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Joe is obviously a liar and a scumbag.

Obama NEVER claimed he was addicted to cocaine, and he NEVER stole drugs intended for sick children like Mrs. McCain.

You are the scum of the Earth, Joe...
the scum of the Earth!

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

You all see how easy it is for Joe to lie through his teeth. He does so on a regular basis. You could stack his lies like dominoes.

With only four weeks to go, the new Gallop poll has Obama up by eight points:

Obama = 50 %

McCain = 42 %
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

WHERE ARE THEY NOW????

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Be sure to read the "Where they are now?" at the end !!

Here is a quick look into 3 former Fannie Mae executives who have brought down Wall Street.

Franklin Raines was a Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Fannie Mae. Raines was forced to retire from his position with Fannie Mae when auditing discovered severe irregularities in Fannie Mae's accounting activities. At the time of his departure The Wall Street Journal noted, " Raines, who long defended the company's accounting despite mounting evidence that it wasn't proper, issued a statement late Tuesday conceding that "mistakes were made" and saying he would assume responsibility as he had earlier promised.

News reports indicate the company was under growing pressure from regulators to shake up its management in the wake of findings that the company's books ran afoul of generally accepted accounting principles for four years." Fannie Mae had to reduce its surplus by $9 billion.
Raines left with a "golden parachute valued at $240 Million in benefits.

The Government filed suit against Raines when the depth of the accounting scandal became clear. http://housingdoom.com/2006/12/18/fannie-charges/ . The Government noted, "The 101 charges reveal how the individuals improperly manipulated earnings to maximize their bonuses, while knowingly neglecting accounting systems and internal controls, misapplying over twenty accounting principles and misleading the regulator and the public. The Notice explains how they submitted six years of misleading and inaccurate accounting statements and inaccurate capital reports that enabled them to grow Fannie Mae in an unsafe and unsound manner." These charges were made in 2006.
The Court ordered Raines to return $50 Million Dollars he received in bonuses based on the miss-stated Fannie Mae profits.
Net windfall . . . $190 million!

Tim Howard -
Was the Chief Financial Officer of Fannie Mae. Howard “was a strong internal proponent of using accounting strategies that would ensure a "stable pattern of earnings" at Fannie.

In everyday English - he was cooking the books. The Government Investigation determined that, "Chief Financial Officer, Tim Howard, failed to provide adequate oversight to key control and reporting functions within Fannie Mae,"
On June 16, 2006, Rep. Richard Baker, R-La., asked the Justice Department to investigate his allegations that two former Fannie Mae executives lied to Congress in October 2004 when they denied manipulating the mortgage-finance giant's income statement to achieve management pay bonuses. Investigations by federal regulators and the company's board of directors since concluded that management did manipulate 1998 earnings to trigger bonuses. Raines and Howard resigned under pressure in late 2004.
Howard's Golden Parachute was estimated at $20 Million!

Jim Johnson
A former executive at Lehman Brothers and who was later forced from his position as Fannie Mae CEO. A look at the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight's May 2006 report on mismanagement and corruption inside Fannie Mae, and you'll see some interesting things about Johnson. Investigators found that Fannie Mae had hidden a substantial amount of Johnson's 1998 compensation from the public, reporting that it was between $6 million and $7 million when it fact it was $21 million." Johnson is currently under investigation for taking illegal loans from Countrywide while serving as CEO of Fannie Mae. Johnson's Golden Parachute was estimated at $28 Million.

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

FRANKLIN RAINES?
Raines works for the Obama Campaign as Chief Economic Advisor

TIM HOWARD?
Howard is also a Chief Economic Advisor to Obama

JIM JOHNSON?
Johnson was hired as a Senior Obama Finance Advisor and was selected to run Obama's Vice Presidential Search Committee

IF OBAMA PLANS ON CLEANING UP THE MESS - HIS ADVISORS
HAVE THE EXPERTISE - THEY MADE THE MESS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Would you trust the men who tore Wall Street down to build the New Wall Street ?
lbj
Part Timer

Post by lbj »

joe,

i do not question what you say about obamas advisors or staff. i do think it is irrelevant. if i choose to follow the path of irrelevancy i am sure you agree that i can find many lobbyists that are his advisers or staff members but such a road leads away from what is important.

can we agree that what is most important in this election are the policies that the winner will enact once he is in office???

are you interested in debating the issues without getting involved in personal attacks? if you are, i am interested in exchanging opinions with you about what needs to be done to make our country a better place for the next generation than it was for the previous.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

RESPECT........

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

lbj,

"are you interested in debating the issues without getting involved in personal attacks?"

Let's get that part of your post out of the way first. I have always been interested in debating issues without personal attacks. Can't imagine how many times I have told people they will get exactly what they give, back from me.

The main difference is, I seldom lower myself into the gutter where those attacks come from. Rather than bludgeon my opponents with schoolyard names and words which reflect low intelligence, I prefer to use the tried and true method of death from a thousand cuts.

If you are going to involve yourself in these Internet steel cage fights, you should at least be able to enjoy the verbal and mental competition that takes place within the ring.

While we may disagree on many, many issues, I will never call you a #u@%ing, $#!tbag for brains.....scumbag. As long as you show me respect, I will return that respect to you. No doubt I have strayed from that style from time to time, but it's never a place I like to go.

I find it very relevant that we know who Obama is. I think we should know if he has spent his adult life in the company, and with the guidance of people who hate the America we grew up in. Shouldn't we know that before we put him in the White House? I know it's popular these days to elect someone who has the same clay feet as the rest of us, but I would hope that we would elect a person who is better than the average Joe.......or Jill.

I would prefer to have a President who is not wondering which little girl will be giving him his next blowjob while bombing a pill factory. Seems a no-brainer that we want someone who can focus on which buttons he is pushing.

"can we agree that what is most important in this election are the policies that the winner will enact once he is in office???"

I agree with that completely. What is second to that, is that he love this country and is willing to lay down his life for it. I don't want someone who is sucking up to Germany, France and all the other countries that hate our guts.

Having said that, I don't agree with a lot of what John McCain has done and is doing. Thing is, I know who he is. His life is public history.
He may have been the biggest jerk-off who ever flew over Vietnam, but he refused to leave before those who were captured before him, even though he knew they would torture him within an inch of his life.......and did. I want a President who, at least, has that commitment to honor.

I don't agree with President Bush on many of his policies, at all. What I do agree with, is that he took the war on terrorism out of this country, took our citizens off the front line, and chose the battlefield where we could kill the largest numbers of our enemies, using the military who are trained for it. It's ludicrous to say that President Bush, or any other American does not want our troops home as soon as possible.

When the terrorist have destroyed Israel, and converted all of Europe to Islam, they will come for us. Better to fight them now, and over there. They are willing to fly planes into buildings full of innocent civilians, blow up school buses full of children, saw the heads off of people who are trying to better their roads, hospitals, and way of life. How do you stop the wolf once he has tasted blood?

Will they stop killing innocents if we leave, or will they just find another target? If anyone is unsure, they should study their history. That is what I would like to see us do with Obama.......study his history.

"i am interested in exchanging opinions with you about what needs to be done to make our country a better place for the next generation than it was for the previous."

Of course I am interested in seeing the country become a better place. Right now it's the best country in the world, but there's room for a lot of improvement. We can't spend our way out of our real problems. Those are part of some words from history. More social programs are not the answer either. That also has a poor record around the world.

We could start by closing our borders.........tight. Those who are here illegally and are not working, or are guilty of crimes, should be sent home.....no questions or lawyers. Once they are back home, they can make their argument for coming back.

Change our welfare programs so that people who can work, get to work. The people who used to do the jobs that the illegal Mexicans are doing now, will just have to take jobs beneath their standards. That is why there is a demand for illegals. If you want some money, take the job of the folks who are breaking the law by just being here.

This country will be a better place when we take outfits like ACORN, shut them down and send those who are breaking our election laws to jail. How many times do people have to get caught before we realize.......hey, I think there's a pattern here!

Taking more from the rich will just hurt all Americans by making the prices for everything we buy higher. I have heard that Obama's tax plans, will leave small businesses like mine, less than .40 cents on the dollar earned. Anyone who works for a living, might want to consider how well they could live with that kind of theft. The Government wastes a great deal of what we give them. They don't need more.......they just want more.

That brings us to this stupid bail out. We didn't have the time to create a good plan, we had to sign on the dotted line now! We did, and the stock market took another dive. Both sides couldn't wait to get their hands on this huge slush fund. The sounds of their fighting to get to the trough, are sickening. Stopping this kind of stupidity would make this country a better place for our children.....as well as ourselves.

That's where I am coming from, and always have been. What about you?

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

LBJ,

this all started because Joe attacks everyone who attempts to hold a conversation with him. It has been going on for several years. it is, at best, deplorable.

However, when in Rome, shove it up Joe's big, fat, lazy, worthless ass.

Guys,
did you happen to notice McCain last night shuffling around the stage like some old man? Damn, that old man was stupid last night!

Face it , Joe...
you're a scumbag!

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

LBJ

Have fun attempting to "debate" Rodeo Clown Joe. When you tire of his bullshit, you will understand.

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Today's Gallop Poll:

Obama = 51 pecent

McCain = 42 percent
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

WASHINGTON -

U.S. airstrikes in Afghanistan on Aug. 22 killed some 30 civilians, far more than the military has previously acknowledged, Defense officials said Wednesday.

Gosh, Joe...
Why does the US military keep changing their story?

Because, like yourself, they are liars and warmongers.

Baby killers.

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Joe wrote:

"When the terrorist have destroyed Israel, and converted all of Europe to Islam, they will come for us."

Right...

And the Chinese are crossing the Rockies.

You sound and act just like Joseph McCarthy. You're a fucking idiot!

Brad
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

lazarus wrote:
this all started because Joe attacks everyone who attempts to hold a conversation with him. It has been going on for several years. it is, at best, deplorable.

Brad
i haven't been in this place 'years', but...laz is correct. the wonderful examples of selective reasoning by punkassjoe actually has the people he attacks at fault. :roll:

while my education, both in the field and classroom, has led me to understand i don't know everything, undereducated punkassjoe believes he is the final source of all knowledge...on any subject.

people like joe are a problem for any culture.

i did not see the debate last night...i did listen to NPR on my drive home.
i hope they dressed to a higher standard than the responses i heard from the both of them.

professional politicians plus apathic voters equals 1.4 trillion dollars debt from george w, the draft dodging, coke snorting, drunken pile of dog feces.

oh thats right...he is born again, so it is all forgiven.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Truth Is Best.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

I received an email this morning from someone who sends them out on a regular basis. I have never discussed politics with him, he just sends them to everyone on his email list. This was my reaponse:

Dwight,

I despise Obama, but fostering lies about him will only hurt us. You need to check out the email's you are receiving before passing them along. I made the mistake of accepting your email's as factual a few times in the past. Your sources are not good.

Take care,

Joe

I thought you might find the following article from snopes.com interesting: http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/stance.asp

The lies that are coming from people, like those who attack me here, are
just as bad.

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Joe...

you just keep getting caught with your pants down. Now you know why I wouldn't allow you to send that tripe to me.

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Joe,

attacked?

What the fuck is wrong with you? You are the biggest chicken-shit attack-dog I have ever met.

You can dish it out, but you sure the fuck can't take it, can you, you fucking coward!

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Joe,

if you want to play nice, you best get started. You've got a lot of ground to cover.

Brad