Say it ain't so, Joe.

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

"In Africa a thing is true at first light and a lie by noon and you have no more respect for it than for the lovely, perfect weed- fringed lake you see across the sun baked salt plain. You have walked across that lake in the morning and you know that no such lake is there. But now it is there absolutely true, beautiful and believable."

- Ernest Hemingway
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Just An Old Fool.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Cooper,

[Joe,
I've given up hope on you, dude. You have no mind whatsoever. You're a delusional fool!]

I told you to leave me out of your posts.

"You could line up all the experts you want, and none would conclude that a crime has been committed. Removing loose rock and debris does not constitute digging. Take a closer look at the photos... that hole was cleaned with a whisk broom, not a pick-axe."

Surely you must wonder how I know so much about your "LDM" activities and partners. Things like the fact that you personally have dug in that barren pit, and not with a "whisk broom". Having a partner from out of state, does not guarantee that you will not be caught and prosecuted.

Actually, I kind of enjoy the fact that you are wasting your time and energy. Makes me wonder how you find any time to work for the San Miguel Mission. On the other hand, for your families sake, I would not want to see you getting into any kind of trouble, for such a stupid mistake.

I would not bother, or know how to go about lining "up all the experts" to look into your activities. I would never notify any authorities, because they already know about it. Think back, if you are able, to the Bow Cave incident. One of the major players in that case, had been selling illegally acquired Native American artifacts for years. Even though the authorities were aware of his activities, Bow Cave was the only thing they went after him for.

These days, it's very difficult to do anything that "Big Brother" does not know about. It's really hard to believe that no one knew about the work done on the "Silver Chief" pit mine, and your little dig is a drop in the bucket compared to that. Big difference is, you have found nothing of value.

Once again, stop baiting me. This is the right time for you to leave me alone, and quit digging.

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

I'm not!

Have a nice day!

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Whew!
Relax. Of course "they" know... we told them. Remember? And no... contrary to your assertions, we are not digging, nor have we been digging. It's against the rules. In fact, I was just out there a few days ago to check on things, and no-one else has been digging in there either. Everything was fine. That hole has remained unchanged for the past four years, and we have the dated photographs to prove it. We've been diligent in that respect.

Brad
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Still Talking?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Cooper,

Sorry, I thought we were finished with this subject.

What all this proves, is that people should be more careful with who they pick for partners. For instance, you might not want to pick someone who just can't wait to tell everyone how much smarter he is than they are. Giving out too many hints as to where your "find" is, or placing pictures on the Internet. More than that, you want to pick someone who will not give up your name.......to anyone.

I know you believe you were the first people up on Coon Bluff, but others have been there before you, just as I told you, and they also have pictures.

You would be well advised to drop this subject. I will have no problem leaving it, and you in the past.

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

I'm not trying to bait you but again, you are mistaken.

I grew up in Phoenix, and I have extensively studied the region. I have a rather thick folder on Arizona Barite, including claim maps and filings. I even have copies of the Mine Inspectors visits. I know the area well.

Arizona Barite was certainly no secret. Even as a kid I knew it was there.
I know the boundary lines and I have all the GPS co-ordinates, so I can assure you my place is not within Arizona Barite.

The River was a popular summer hangout when I was young, so I am quite familiar with Coon Bluff and the surrounding area. Again, I can assure you this find is not at Coon Bluff.

However, as rare as it may be, we seem to agree on the topic of digging.
As I have stated many times, I am in no hurry, and I don't believe that digging (by standard definition) is always the right choice.

From the beginning I have made it clear that my focus is on history. I am not, nor will I ever be, a treasure hunter.

What do I mean by (standard definition)? I mean that there are no activities that could possibly be constrewed as mining. It's nothing more than an occasional house cleaning to remove accumulating debris. Yes, we have a folding military shovel and a bucket, and some gloves, but don't laugh about the whisk broom just yet. Most of the debris that accumulates comes from cactus and the like, so getting that stuff out from under foot is crucial. I'm sure if someone was determined to find fault, they could, but I don't expect as much.

You know, I've read this place is rather hard to find. In fact, in four years, I've never noticed any evidence of others visiting the site. Nearby?
Yes, not far, but never at the site.

You should know by now that I'm not big on secrets. I don't believe I've made much of an attempt to keep it secret. I came to this website hoping to get some advice, or at least insight, and As I recall, you were the first person on the site I warmed to.

I don't worry too much. I've got a big mouth and I speak my mind. Those who choose to be associated with me know what they are getting in to.
There wasn't any "choosing of partners", so to speak. This didn't evolve in that manner. There is no secret handshake, and no-one gets booted off the island.

It's all about collective research, with each of us contributing a different area of expertise. We don't own the place, we just do the gardening.

Brad
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

More Talk....?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Cooper,

"We don't own the place, we just do the gardening."

I have no idea why you are trying to convince me, just like I had no idea why you told me you had applied for a treasure trove permit.....since you are "not.......a treasure hunter".

"I grew up in Phoenix, and I have extensively studied the region. I have a rather thick folder on Arizona Barite, including claim maps and filings. I even have copies of the Mine Inspectors visits. I know the area well.

Arizona Barite was certainly no secret. Even as a kid I knew it was there.
I know the boundary lines and I have all the GPS co-ordinates, so I can assure you my place is not within Arizona Barite."

Surely you must realize that I know it's not "within Arizona Barite". Your site is just up-canyon from the old mine and outside the barite zone, but that's what the original dig was looking for. You are in the middle of calcareous volcanic tuff, and only finding very low quality zeolites. Your prospect hole was last, legally, worked prior to 1950. Did you find that in your "claim maps and filings or even in the Mine Inspectors notes? It's obvious to me that you know more about this subject than I do.

That being said, you have to remember that I don't know spit about rocks, so I may very well be mistaken.

"You should know by now that I'm not big on secrets. I don't believe I've made much of an attempt to keep it secret."

I would say that's an understatement.

You have left your ass, as well as your partners, hanging out in the cold here. I urge you, once again, to discontinue this discussion.

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Well,
I would rather people thought I was crazy than dishonest.

If you must know, I spoke to Scott Wood from the Tonto National Forest first thing this morning and he assured me everything was fine. He has personally inspected the site and says he found "nothing untoward" about our activities. That's straight from the horse's mouth.

I just didn't want any of you to get the impression that I was headed to the slammer. There is no truth to that rumor.

Brad
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

laz,

i for one, never doubted you or your behaviors concerning historic sites.
the person doing the accusations, on the other hand, has posted photos and information on a historic site that he participated,supported, disturbing, destroying, for greed through ignorance.

much like a KKK member justifying lynching, then blaming the victim.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

You're Just Not Paying Attention......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Cooper,

You have been building a false resume here since day one. You are an expert on everything Southwest and most especially missions, bells, the Stone Maps and the LDM. Much of your knowledge comes from hours of diligent searching on the Internet. Anyone with a modicum of background in those subjects can spot it at once.

The interesting thing about all of this, is that you continue to spin your story with what can only be outright lies, at worst, or elaborate bending of the truth......at best.

Even in the throes of basic denial, you have got to realize that I know all there is to know about you and your partners (at least 2) involvement in the Coon Bluff prospect hole. There is no value in your continuing efforts to tell half truths and lies to me.

I told you that I would like for you to leave this subject behind, yet you continue digging yourself In deeper. I imagine your partners must be getting weary of your constant blathering.

I have documentation for everything I have just written. You would be very foolish to continue your paranoid efforts to cover your ass. Just let it go. Considering all of the vile names you have called me, and the vicious lies you have manufactured about me, I would be justified in posting the documentation I have.

You are in way over your head here. Don't let an educated idiot like pip goad you into further stupidity. Now pip is trying to convince us that he is the resident expert on San Miguel. Perhaps you should just return to that claim and show him who is the real expert on the Chapel and bell. Have you submitted your findings to the corporation yet?

You are nothing more than Arizona's Blind Bowman, except he has way more brain cells left than you do. I assume he just started out with more.

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

KKK.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

pip,

[i for one, never doubted you or your behaviors concerning historic sites.
the person doing the accusations, on the other hand, has posted photos and information on a historic site that he participated,supported, disturbing, destroying, for greed through ignorance.

much like a KKK member justifying lynching, then blaming the victim.]

Would that be KKK, as in Robert KKK Bird? I know nothing about them, so I will accept that you are the expert on the subject.

On the other hand, I am an expert on the first part of your post. As usual, you are spouting lies from start to finish. It doesn't bother me to see them, because anyone who can read knows they are lies.

Typical liberal. Just say something outrageous. Someone will believe it. :lol:

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Internet Research......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

pip,

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:40 pm Post subject: Clarification......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the record, and in the interest of accuracy, I would like to correct some of the comments that pip has made in error:

[a bookworm...
No field experience.
Only knows what she read...]

Professor Martin has been doing field work "since 1973". The resume that pip provided from the Internet is only an account of her "employment history and publications", and does not list every field season she has been involved in.

She has done field work in "Northern Michigan......Norway, Virgin Islands and New York", to name a few places. Her book on copper is a compilation of many researchers over many years. It does reference a number of "field reports and publications that chronicle the work done at MTU re: ancient copper".

As I have mentioned before, there are any number of experts in archaeology and other fields who are far removed from the subject. Once again, I offer Dr. Yuri Valentinovich Knorosov as a prime example of such expertise. Professor Martin is engaged in her profession, which is archaeology, and is well paid for her work.

Before denigrating the work of someone as qualified as Professor Martin, it might be a good idea to research her background, like I have done.

Joe Ribaudo

Your uninformed comments, Internet generated, are an excellent example of shallow research. Once this is pointed out to you, by someone who does not rely "exclusively" on Internet material, you do your little disappearing act without uttering another word on the subject.

In your mind, this is some kind of victory. "I guess I showed him"! Like your research, this shows the shallowness of your character. When someone points out a mistake I have made, I acknowledge the error.
Just a character flaw (in your mind), I'm sure.

While you continue to make unsubstantiated charges about me, you have yet to qualify a single one. I will continue to correct your mistakes as long as you continue to post here. You won't get away with even one bullshit "fact". You would do well to pay attention in class.

Joe Ribaudo
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Newjerseyman
Greenhorn

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:13 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This forum is designed to be a place of learning, discussion, opinions, positive attitudes, and a general gathering of people with the same interests to post as they please. It allows all character, personality, and freedom, short of sarcastic malicious attacks. Just how civilized people practice life everyday. This is an attempt to bring people back to the discussions."

This is an interesting comment you posted Mr. Ribaudo. I guess what you meant is that this sage piece of advice applies to everyone on the forum but you. I say this because you posted a "sarcastic malicious" attack against me even though I had never made any post or comment that was remotely targeted against you. I can say that your post against me was sarcastic and malicious because the moderator deleted both the comment you made and my response to you that I made (in self defense). If it was not sarcastic and malicious it would still be posted would it not?

My question is this: why do you preach one ethic and practice another that is completely opposite? What did I ever do to you personally that required you to maliciously attack me?
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

please notice the datline on the previous post.
hero joe even attacks troops in the field.
then of course, blames everyone for his behavior.

you forget i knew your unwashed uncle.
bumblin fool couldn't even control his weapon.

this manic cycle you are riding is preventable with medications.

oh. i never said i was enrolled at nau, i said i was a professional student, a perfect example of you not being able to understand the most simple statement.

you have a history of attacking through snide insult anyone who does not bow you the delusion you worship.

sick mother fucker.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Easy Pickens........

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

pip,

Once again you come spouting shallow research. Anyone who is interested in NJM's exchanges with myself and the other members of the Forum, need only do a search with "newjerseyman" as the author and then go to one of his posts and click on "profile". Once there, find all posts. You may then read all of his posts from when he joined, my respectful replies and welcome, as well as other members posts.

Had you done that, you would have seen that his mental sickness matches yours to a "T". Eventually we all tired of him, much as we have found you tiresome. He has since left the building, as far as we know. Your own posts show that you could be him, or his evil twin.

You are the one who has tried to represent yourself as a student at NAU. Your personal meetings with the professors and showing them our exchanges indicates that kind of familiarity. I admit it has been difficult for me to reconcile the possibility that you are a student.....anywhere.

Any professor who would be subjected you your stupidity on a regular basis, would boot you from his class. Each and every time you post on this Forum you prove my point. The fact that you are blind to that fact, also proves my point.

You never knew my Uncle. If your daddy is anything like you, Chuck would not have spent one minute with him. There is one person, that I know of, who is still alive that knew Chuck well......outside of family. That would be Tracy Hawkins. Anyone who wants to know what kind of man he was, and just how good he was with a gun, can ask him.

You are a sniveling pup who can't hold up the lightest load, and that would include our meaningless conversations. Given two or three lifetimes, I doubt you could improve on that. It seems likely that you and njm are one and the same. 8O

NAU has a number of Internet classes. I imagine that's your true classroom. They also have one at a local elementary school. That's where you belong.

Joe Ribaudo
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Joe,
Someone finally got your attention.

Giving you your own forum didn't do it. Telling you to shut up didn't do it.
Criticizing you didn't do it. Making fun of you didn't do it. People leaving
the forum didn't do it. Answering your posts with an exaggerated parody
of your posts finally did it. Brilliant idea. Give that guy a medal.

If you want to know what your peers object to, read the parodies.
The implied message and perceived purpose in most of your posts is
"I know more than you". That gets old pretty quick and since you will
even enter a thread addressed to someone else they can't get away
from it.

One of the parodies accused you of having two other login ids?
For a guy that prides himself on using his real name that is pretty
poor. Is it true?

Probably most of what you know has already been said so why not
shut the f*** up for a while and see what happens? My guess is that
the forum will slow down but will pick up eventually when those that
left come back. There are others that want to imply "I know more than
you." Give them a shot.

Yes, I did know you didn't know what you were talking about.
For a short time I was even willing to explain our understanding
of the 1, arced line, and triangle. I think I may have offered it
but no one was interested.

The forum could use more walkers and fewer talkers who want to
discuss ad infinitum which hand ole' Jake used to wipe his butt.
Adding walkers to the forum would be a good goal.

Just my opinion,
Harry
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:13 am Post subject: The Ballad of Joe Ribaudo

There's a "man' on this forum named Joe Ribaudo,
But I choose to call him Joe "Rodeo"

When I insult him I don't believe that I am in Danger,
Cuz' Ol' Joe is just another Rump Ranger

Yeah, Joe has no life and all of us know it,
With 2400 posts, he continues to show it!

Now good ol' Joe is a puttin' on a soiree',
A rare event for him, as not every one is gay,

Oh I can hardly wait to meet Joe Rodeo,
and if he lays a hand on me, I'll be a rollin' in dough!

Cuz' it's come high time to cut down his ego,
and come October, you'll see that it's so
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

wow punkassjoey, you insult everyone who doesn't agree with you.

and it is all me huh punk :lol:

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:51 am Post subject: what no more???

I found this site a while back and was bitten by the bug as it were of "lost and buried treasure". I followed it relentlessly for a long time, tuning in daily to hear authorative background info on nearly every topic pertaining to the dutchman mine. I considered it good research, boring at times but always informative. Then came the one time I was able to view what I like to call the wyatt westwood/ joe ribaudo show. The night I read it, which happened to be extremly late, I got to laughing so hard I awoke my sleeping wife and I recieved quite the tongue lashing. I assumed this was long over. That is until I noticed this section for pissing contests. Although I believe that this, as colorful as it is has no place in the regular forum since we are there to learn and share ideas. I am still amused and am hoping for more of this adolesent wit.
so in closing thanks for the laughs, and thanks to the count for allowing a room such as this.

ps You guys need to take this act on the road- all you guys! it is priceless!
woodreau71
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

not like there is a lack of example for your insanity punkassjoe.

:D

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:01 pm Post subject: CLASSIC Joe Ribado BS

>>The reason I did not name the Holmes is because I am aware that family and friends may read the words. I have no idea why you felt it necessary to drag specific people into what I have said.<<

Read the above boys and girls. This is an absolutely CLASSIC EXAMPLE of Joe Ribado BS and double speak.

Let me walk you thru this from start to finish to show the uninformed (and happily there arent too many of you left these days) how Ribado works.

1) He calls "nameless" people "drunks and thieves"

2) When eloquently taken to task about this by LDM, Ribado in turn BLAMES LDM for mentioning Holmes name (as if we were idiots and didnt know who he was referring to in the first place).

3) Ribado then feigns shock and dismay that LDM would say such a thing on a public Forum and in turn blames LDM for mentioning it in the FIRST place.

This is ABSOLUTELY CLASSIC JOE RIBADO behavior. Is it any wonder that folks have pretty much had it with his antics?

The days of Ribado running roughshod over this Forum and folks being afraid to fight back are gone FOREVER. Joe Ribado BS will no longer be tolerated....or unanswered
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

More One Sided Research......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

pip,

Nice bit of research here.

This is my post that preceeded Harry's:

Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:22 am Post subject: Maybe So

Harry,

You could be right.

Do you want to give me a few examples?

I admitted I did not know what you were talking about, which only has to do with you.

Part of keeping the conversation flowing on a site like this, is not knowing everything about every topic, but knowing what to ask to elicit more information from those who do.

If you should decide to research some of the places where I have asked questions, and you think I did not know what I was talking about, you will find that the questions did not come from a place of complete ignorance.

I know a little about a lot of subjects, and a lot about a few. It is useless for you to try to figure out which are which, as I am never sure myself.

Someone like Late49er, who obviously knows a great deal about geology, has no idea what I know, even though I have stated many times, I don't know shit about rocks. The reason he is not sure, is because I have asked some questions and made some observations that seem to make me a liar.

That has helped keep the conversation going, and Late interested. It has also been of interest to some of the members who do know shit about rocks. I admit guilt, just don't know what crime was commited. Without those comments and questions, the topic would have died at once. If I had asked uninformed questions or made stupid (in error) comments, it also would have ended.

You had no idea I did not know what you were talking about, until I told you so. In case you didn't notice, it kept the conversation flowing.

Exchange of ideas if the life blood of this forum. Without that exchange, the forum dies. Without someone asking an informed question, there is no exchange. My questions and comments are always informed. That does not mean I am an expert, only that I am an excellent researcher.

I came back and added to this reply, because I believe you deserved something better. I hope you look at it that way, but I realize I did not treat you with respect in the statement you quoted.

I apologize for that lack of respect. We are all able to rise to the level of assholes on occasion. I may do it more often than others.

Respectfully,

Joe

This is my post that followed his comments:

Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:03 PM Post subject: OK

Harry,

You could be right.

The one (1) is a starting place in a canyon. The curved line is a trail, very old, that leads directly to a stone heart. It is maybe fifteen feet tall.
Below the stone heart is a triangle. You can't miss it. If you know that, you can find the rest of the map with ease.

"Answering your posts with an exaggerated parody
Of your posts finally did it. Brilliant idea. Give that guy a medal."

You give him the medal, that's just what he expects. He had nothing to do with what I am trying to do now. I can see where some people might think the same as you. He was not playing to me, but to you.

It is obvious that he is speaking for you, as well as some of the other members of the forum. Same as Wyatt was.

It is good that you understand what they have been trying to say. I admit I am clueless. The fact that you don't know if DED, Bill and I are not the same person, shows you have been paying close attention.

Does this mean you have accepted my apology? I meant it.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo

Keep up the good work. In a few years you may reach mediocrity. :lol:

I admit when I have made a mistake or slighted someone unfairly. You will never learn that trait.

Joe Ribaudo
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

it is always other peoples fault in your life joey?
there is a big word for this in psychiatric terminology,but i know you would just say they don't know what they are speaking about, and you are the sole source of knowledge on earth.

if you were not so ill, this might be funny.

call the va soon.
1-888-214-7264
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Wrong Again....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

pip,

You just can't learn. Perhaps that's why you use the Internet for your education......cut and paste. You only find information that agrees with your position, and never look for the other side of any issue.

I assume that's why you can't make the grade at NAU.

I have had run ins with plenty of people. Sometimes I was the asshole, sometimes, like you, they were the assholes.

When I treat someone unfairly, I admit it and apologize. You on the other hand are guilty of what you accuse me of......Never admiting you are wrong.

This is a direct quote of one of my posts to Harry:

"I apologize for that lack of respect. We are all able to rise to the level of assholes on occasion. I may do it more often than others."

I don't really expect you to understand what you have just read, as the entire concept of being wrong is alien to you.

Joe Ribaudo
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

pippinwhitepaws wrote:it is always other peoples fault in your life joey?
there is a big word for this in psychiatric terminology,but i know you would just say they don't know what they are speaking about, and you are the sole source of knowledge on earth.

if you were not so ill, this might be funny.

call the va soon.
1-888-214-7264
SGnAZ
Greenhorn

Re: It's All There......

Post by SGnAZ »

Joe Ribaudo wrote:Steve,

This Forum is a bit contentious, but that's how the management wanted it.

While admittedly it's a daunting task, every post I have made is still available to read, even my first exchanges with pip.

I am the person who started the Rendezvous. Like the Rendezvous' of the old west, the battles are left outside the camp. I made that rule, and others have followed it as well. Do not judge the Rendezvous by what you see on the First Amendment Forum. This is an aberration, and that's what it will remain.

If you feel that I am everything that a few people say here, by all means avoid me in camp. You will find that I have plenty of people who sit in my camp there, including Brad and his Wife Gloria. They have accepted our hospitality for three years running now.

Many of the posts that have preceded my counter attacks have been deleted by the posters. In some cases, that leaves the picture pretty one-sided. You will have to come to your own conclusions.

In any case, you and your wife are welcome in our camp.

Take care,

Joe
Joe,I won't judge anybody by what is posted on this site.I look forward to the Rendevous.Steve.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Good!

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Steve,

I would say you have a pretty good handle on what this particular Forum is all about, and what the LDM Forum, as a whole, is all about.
Going back over old posts is quite an education on many subjects, not the least of which are the personalities of the posters.

Carolyn and I look forward to meeting you and your wife. You are welcome to have dinner with us Friday night.

Take care,

Joe