Comments regarding the Superstition Mountain Journal

Discussions, feedback and suggestions about the Superstition Mountain Journal and its articles.
bill711
Expert

Mr Davis

Post by bill711 »

Why don,t you put the price and address in BIG BOLD PRINT right here so some of the rest of us can order the smj ??? NO computer crap that don,t work please we will order by mail with cash or money order. NO phone no,s. either. I have been disappoited here. Thank,s Bill P.S. I expect a reply...
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Post by Gregory E. Davis »

For Wiz and Bill; The next journal is with Jack Carlson for the final proof reading. It will then go back to Lanna for the computer disk check. After that it goes to Shirley at the Museum who interns sends it to the printer. It takes the printer about two weeks to print the journal. It then goes back to Shirley where she and the museum volunteers address and mail the journals. Most people have no idea what's involved in trying to put out a quality product. The Arizona Historical Society in Tucson has a large full time paid staff to put together there quarterly journal. Bill; Sorry you are having problems with ordering the journals. I would suggest you write to the Superstiton Mountain Museum at P.O. Box 3845, Apache Junction, Arizona 85217-3845. Type; Attn; Shirley on the envelope. The journals are different prices for various years. Ask Shirley to give you a price including postage for the journal you want. Mention my name if you think it will help. Other than that its a phone call to 480-983-4888. You must remember that we have just moved into our new museum and life has been in an uproar during the move. The new museum procedures are now in place and the volunteers are getting trained. Hopefully we will be able to provide better service in the future. Also remember that Shirley and the museum volunteers and not experts on the books of the Lost Dutchman Mine and General Lost Mine. They have a limited working knowledge. You need to contact some of the historical society members or board members for detailed research and historical information. Cordially, Greg Davis
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Gentlemen: Lanna just dropped the Journal off at the printers. If all goes well it should be done and ready for mailing within two weeks. We will start assembling the next journal in about three week. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Gentlemem: A quick and short insight into the 2002 SMHS Journal which should be out in about 2 weeks. This issue will contain a cumulative index for Vol. 11 through l9. For those persons who are interested in the Ruth Killing, this issue will show a picture of the other side of the skull which to date has never been published. Steve Creager will have an article about Thomas Weedin. Other article of interest will be in the journal, however I do not want to give away all that's in this issue. The 2003 journal will contain a story about Haunted Canyon by Jack San Felice. Another article will deal with the finding of the "Sleeping Squaw Lady Treasure Site" using a map found in John Burbridge's Collection. This is one site where the "MAP" ACTUALLY fits the terrain. I also show where it is located so the Dutch Hunters can go look for themselves. There are many more good articles. We are now taking in article and stories for the 2004 Journal. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

The Superstition Mountain Journal Vol. 20, for 2002 has been delivered to the museum and will be mailed out shortly. It should be available at the museum gift shop in about a week or shortly after the journals have been mailed out to the society members.
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

GOOD issue, Greg! Thanks!
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Gentlemen; Just a quick update regarding the next Superstition Mountain Journal. Jack Carlson now has all the stories and editorials collected for that journal. His next step will be to assemble the journal and send it to Lana for proof reading. Cordially, Greg Davis
rochha
Part Timer

Post by rochha »

Greg,

Thanks for the information of Tex Barckley; I understand the Tom Kollenborn wrote an article for the SM Journal on the Ruth issue, do you know what issue that was? Speaking of Journals, does the museum have every issue; I would be interested in purchasing all of those.

Do you know of any notes anywhere on the whereabouts of everyone that was at Tex’ ranch during the time of Ruth’s disappearance? I find this particular chapter in the LDM sage a rather interesting story. Obviously I am of the “ foul play “ camp. The wholes in the brain are what clinch's it for me along with Dr. Hrdlickas’s report.

Had you ever heard of Keenan and Purnell ever being in a mesa court in 1934 in front of a Judge Standage? I came across the information out of Barry Storm’s book “ Thunder Gods “. He doesn’t say where he got his information. I am curious to know how the map the Ruth supposedly had with him resurfaces in Purnell’s hand. Actually I don’t know if that is true or not. Purnell said that he found it (map ) at the Antigua Tonels, have you ever heard of those? But somehow this map is tied into the case in Judge Standages court in 1934.

Do you know anything about the incident of Herman Petrasch’s gun being missing around the time of the Ruth killing?

Greg, Thank you for taking the time to answer me posts and my questions, I know you must be a busy man.

Thanks again

Charlie…..Rochha
blacktop
Greenhorn

Save us

Post by blacktop »

Save our Forum.

Boycott Joe Ribaudo

Boycott his camp out

Ban him from this site entirely.

Enough is enough with this ASSHOLE.