Senner

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

Senner

Post by count »

Here's something we haven't talked about: Al Senner's gold up on Superstition Mountain. As I recall (and it's been a while since I read Corbin's book and Kollenborn's manuscript), Tom K. and Bob Corbin had a map to Senner's stash locations, but turned up empty-handed. The theory was that Senner died taking his gold out of the mountain, but no gold was found with his body. <br>I may have some details wrong, but since the map ended up being worthless, is there any possibility of Tom posting it on this site so we can look at it? I don't expect to find gold, but I would like to visit the locations and absorb the historic vibes. <br> <br>Anyone know more about this?
count
Expert

Post by count »

I haven't looked at that book in a long time. I always planned on trying to find the grave site shown on the topo map in the book, but I don't live in Az anymore and haven't been up to the Flatiron in quite a while. Its only a few hours hike up there from Lost Dutchman State Park, so I figured there would be lots of people over the years combing the area up on top. <br> <br>Have you been to the grave site shown on the map?
count
Expert

Post by count »

No. I've only been in that area twice. Once was a day hike before I read the book, so I didn't know. The second time was at the tail end of the Superstition Ridge Line hike, and I was barely able to move by the time I got to the area so (not to mention I was out of water) so my motivation level was low. But I figure on going back up the west end pretty soon here, or maybe straight up Flatiron Canyon or whatever name it is. <br> <br>You should move back and be near the action, senor!
count
Expert

Post by count »

Hello Tom? Any chance of the map?