Revealed!

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

Revealed!

Post by count »

I agree with Peter's suggestion that we at least take nicknames. I'm the anonymous that asked about the stone chiefs, bought the map software, and told Peter that he's really made this site interesting. I've made lots of postings here. Some jerk thought I'd be easy to spot in the mountains. I told Phil Allen he should stay out of the mountains for the good of the galaxy. <br> <br>Anyway, now I have a nickname. <br>So Peter: <br>I have to take issue with one point of yours - I don't believe there are any average Dutch hunters. Every one of us posting on this site have that extra gene that compels us to search for El Dorado. You know what I'm talking about. That said, let me add this. OK, you have my curiosity aroused. What is Naye'-Nazghane' and the G---- Horse? At least tell me where I can look it up.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Dear Mr Hiker <br> <br>I am glad you took a nickname. Now I will be a little less confused than I already am. <br> <br>I believe all Dutch Hunters are Children of Coronado.And you are probably right. I have always thought that even the most "average" (sorry) Dutch Hunter has something of their very own that they can contribute..whether it's something they have pieced together, some unique story they have to tell, or a differnt way of looking at things. Only the foolish (or the VERY well-informed)beleive they have all the answers, or cant learn anything new when it comes to the LDM. <br> <br>The two names I mentioned can not be "looked up" anywhere as far as I know. It was an inside joke between this Matt fellow and myself...if he's as well informed about certain matters as I think he is, he will pick up on the names right away. Forgive me, but more than this I can not say.
count
Expert

Post by count »

I don't know about any inside jokes, but <br>I am fairly certain the Naye'-Nazghane <br>he spoke of is the name of a traditional and ritual Apache spirit. In Apache ritual it is the most powerful mountain spirit, a sort of warrior ghost. If you recall the story of Tex Barkley and the Apache who tried to show Tex a mine. The indian reached a certain point then became afraid and pointed the way, refusing to go on. He told Tex a powerful spirit guards the mine and only sleeps 4 hours a day. Naye'-Nazghane would have been the powerful spirit the Apache refered to. <br>Apache rituals and traditions can be found in numerous sources. Search the library and internet under Apache tribal history for a good start. <br>G---- (Ghost) Horse probably is a translated name of a once living Apache who had some ties to the Superstitions.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Hello to Matt and Peter. And also to you, Hiker. This has been an interesting topic of discussion. I have known Peter for quite some time and I know where he is coming from. We have had many interesting chats and exchanges. (I guess I have been around too long - because I think I know Matt as well - judging from his postings. But maybe I am wrong on that.) There is way too much background regarding this issue for the format of this forum to do justice to it all. A lot - from my understanding - cannot be told because it violates the confidentiality of people who have shared it. So, sometimes it appears people are holding back. They are. And for a reason. I firmly believe that the worst enemy to the mountains and to the LDM mythos is man himself. Just think, if you knew where a secret archelogical site was located - would you reveal its location? Knowing once you did hundreds of people would come and plunder it? Not hardly. Thus, many here are guarded and I understand that - and hope others can as well.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Well put! <br>Some of the things that are being kept back are only learned by travelling the long hard road, and it would be foolish to expect any really sensitive information to be revealed here. Travelling said long road teaches one humility and respect for the mountains and those who have gone before you, both necessary to properly receive this sort of information. Tom Kollenborn knows where the Cave of a Thousand Eyes is but won't reveal the location. Much as I'd like to know, I respect his decision and motives. <br> <br>As far as knowing people on this site, I have fun wondering how many of you I do know. We might all be neighbors!
count
Expert

Post by count »

maybe confidentially is an issue.but also perhaops people adopt these secretive tones to convince others they are in possession of arcane knowledge when in reality they know nothing.ive read nothing on this bulletin board that couldnt be obtained from the myriad of dime novel fiction books available on the dutchman story.being an expert on the tales that are in circulation and reading every dutchman novelette in print does not make one an expert -it merely means one can spout word for word without prompting the complete history of every lunatic raving that has ever nbeen uttered on this subject.as for dutchman hunters having an extra gene- i would suggest the opposite is true. bye
count
Expert

Post by count »

Mr Anonymous, <br> <br>You know, you shouldn't post your email address if you want to remain "anonymous" ! lol
count
Expert

Post by count »

You may be right in some cases. However, if you've read some of these previous postings, you know there is a hostile, undesirable element that hovers around this subject, and the rest of us can get along just fine without their attention. Your email address indicates you aren't that anxious to have YOUR name known. You yourself have not said anything earth-shaking that would put you above the rest of us word-spouting novelette readers. In fact, you seem to be speaking out of both sides of your mouth. If you don't like the company of dutch hunters, why are you here? If no one here has antything valuable to say, well, sign off and let the rest of us converse in peace.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Anonymous obviously feels reading and researching a subject is a waste of time. No one can convince someone they know something by not saying what they know. There are lunatics and scholars in the Dutchman community, that is a fact of life, and not so different from our own United States Congress. I don't agree with Anonymous and his point of view, but I will defend his right to say it. At the very least, he provides a balance at the other end of the scale.
count
Expert

Post by count »

An amusing post...and quite true, quite true...just look at NYs representatives in the Senate speaking of lunatics... (ok, sorry I wont get political....) lol <br> <br>Actually, part of my reward (aside from the friends I have made) in searching for the LDM has been the mounds of research material I have waded through. <br>Have I come across the ravings of lunatics? Absolutely! But it is entertaining nonetheless and I still feel one can learn something from the the most mundane or "craziest" LDM hunter around. <br> <br>And I also believe that there is a small body of very worthy material out there; one needs to seperate the wheat from the chaff as best as one can, but <br>there still is (in my opinion), solid information to go on.
count
Expert

Post by count »

hi again thanks matt for being fairminded and agreeing to disagree.i think thats an adult way to look at things in general.as for peter remarking that i didnt want yo be anonymous by giving my e mail address-wat a moronic statement to make- doesnt he realise that any e mail address unless u include full name adress etc ensyures your anonymity.peter of course is prob the biggest exponent of the saying nothing new and taking all day to say it. he hints at secret knowledge -things he cant divulge etc etc-prob cos he has nothing to divulge maybe?my remark that dutchman hunters had a screw loose was not an insult-it was an observation.an observation of a characteristic which also exists in myself as ive searched on and off for the dutchman for almost 15 yrs. and the remark from the other person who suggested i sign off because he either misunderstood or couldnt understand my remarks .well who cares wat he thinks.i certainly dont log in to this site to listen to his comments as he obviously has nothing worthwhile to say-or if he has he s yet to say it.in fact he stopped just as he was in danger of becoming interesting. i could label his reply as chloroform in print but i wonrt. wats the point?
count
Expert

Post by count »

Hello Mr (or Ms) Anonymous, <br> <br>Well, I will admit I have made some moronic statements in my time, happily I do not believe the one you refered to was one of them. <grin> <br> <br>P
count
Expert

Post by count »

No, you were right the first time, I really have little information to offer that most everyone here doesn't already know. I just try not to be abrasive when I do say something. It's pretty evident that you have your mind made up about things and don't want to hear anything else. Some of the heaviest hitters in the LDM arena are posting information here. If you can't find anything new, interesting, or informative in what they say, well, you really are wasting your time. I'm going to take a wild guess and say you haven't found any gold in the Superstitions. Some of the people here have. So maybe you should pay attention and even contribute. <br> <br>Why not lighten up a little? Why are you so hostile? This is not a pissing contest (as has been suggested in the past), only a forum for people to talk about something that interests them.
count
Expert

Post by count »

ok hiker-i take your point-fair comment
count
Expert

Post by count »

Actually, thru the magic of the internet, I was able to track down Mr Anonymous on AOL and had a good chat with him last night. He's not a bad fellow and I actually enjoyed our chat. <br> <br>And he as an interesting point of view. <br>So lets all be nice nice now. lol