Superstitious Cactus

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

Superstitious Cactus

Post by count »

I understand that there are 5 cactus lined up in a straight line. That they are located some where along the Apache Trail. You can actually see them from the road, if you know where to look. Has anyone ever seen them? Do they have some significance to a trail or location in the mountains? Who planted them? Why? When? <br> <br>azmula
count
Expert

Post by count »

I've seen reference to 4 cacti in a line, theres' a photo in Glover's book. I think Estee Conatser also talks about them. I've never seen them (never looked for them), but I understand no one knows if they're natural or not. I've seen 5 cactus in a row elsewhere, and personally I think it is something that just happens sometimes.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Glover's cactus are somewhere in the Goldfiled area I beleive. Conatser's cactus are on the eastern side of Tortilla Mtn. I might be wrong and you might want to double check me here....dont feel like digging thru the books right now, but I know they are in different locations. <br> <br>P
count
Expert

Post by count »

Found it: Estee says she found "a group of seven giant saguaros... on the side of a mountain a mile or so east of Tortilla Mountain. They could not possibly have formed a straighter line had they been planted by someone using a gigantic straight-edge". <br>There's 3 examples, including my 5-in-a-row (not in the Superstitions). I still think it just occurs naturally sometimes.