Too much Personal email

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

Too much Personal email

Post by count »

I've had a LOT of personal email regarding some of my "To the point" postings. <br>A few of them were concerned that I was debunking the whole Legend of the Lost Dutchman Mine. <br> <br>I'll reply to that concern first: <br> <br>Not at all! I sincerely believe that there is a very rich gold deposit out there in them hills, and that Jacob Waltz knew where it was and hauled a lot of rich gold ore away from it. <br>How he came to find it and who he might have tried to tell where it is may never be known even after it is found. <br> <br>Another major concern expressed is if I might be giving away some "Secrets" by exposing some of the commonly believed "Myths" thereby guiding people into the right direction: <br> <br>Well, nothing I can say could ever guide anyone in the right direction. Mainly because I am still trying to figure out the right direction myself! My own method of searching has been reduced to little more than throwing darts at a map and going out to see if it is there! But I enjoy every trip as much as the first! <br> <br>There are 160,000 acres of wilderness out there, and there is no way I will be able to search all of them in my lifetime! I spent the better part of 13 yrs searching on one mountain alone and I am still not sure I have seen all of it! <br> <br>In my opinion, The clues are so vague and scrambled that "NEARLY" every one of those 160,000 acres of Wilderness Area are open for potentially being the right one. And as I said... I will never be able to search them all in my lifetime. <br> <br>I would like to see the Mine found! I would rather that someone else find it, than Die without knowing how close I got to it! <br> <br>If I can prevent a serious searcher from wasting his resources in areas where a lot of people already know the mine ISN'T, He just might wander into an area where he could stumble across something that might lead him to it. <br> <br>I don't know all the answers, but I know a few! ie: The Weaver's Needle area has been gone over pretty good with no results! <br> <br>At this point, I would like to ask all of you folks to stop writing to my personal email box with your questions so I will not have to keep answering the same ones over and over in seperate emails. Besides... If you post them here you may even get some better answers than I could give you. <br> <br>Also... Please do not send me your Theories. I can usually tell within the first three lines what book you have been using for reference by the clues/landmarks used to develope your Theory. <br> <br>Theories are like Belly Buttons. We all have them and so far they have all been proven to be totally useless. <br> <br>BUT... If you have a theory you believe in. Get out there in the mtns and follow it up. <br>If you don't believe in it enough to do that, I am certainly not going to use my resources to follow it up for you! <br> <br>Maybe Ron will soon know for sure what he has found and take this "Monkey" off of all our backs! <br> <br> <br>Good hunting!