Civility

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

Civility

Post by count »

This forum is starting to degenerate into a name-calling contest. We have Jim Hatt upset because Richard Guerrero had a different point of view about his Crazy Jake anecdote. Then we have Ghost Writer insulting Guerrero about his response. Now, we have two anonymous entries trading insults in the Crazy Jake section. <br>Is this what this bulletin board is going to end up like? This entire subject is controversial, and every one of us is entitled to their own opinions. I can't see that any one of us has a better or worse take on things, since as far as I know, none of us has found the mine. Why don't we try being a little more polite to each other? I'll start: <br> <br>Jim, Richard didn't mean any insult, he just has different information. <br>Ghost, your remark was uncalled for, and I suspect you regretted it after it was posted. <br>"Anonymous" #1 and #2, knock it off. <br> <br>Ron, I don't think it was your intention to start a juvenile web site. Hopefully, those of us that are adults can provide a better example, and those that can't behave as adults will find some other forum to vent their spleens. <br> <br>Now, we can judge who's out there by the responses I get to this posting.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Well said. <br> <br>I was already on an LDM forum that started out as this one did, with solid open discussions, but later degenerated into petty insults and arguments. <br> <br>I should hope that doesnt happen here as we have some knowledgeable people posting, I know that we have even more knowledgeable folks looking on. <br> <br>Perhaps the webmaster can help out by simply deleting inflammatory posts before they start a silly flame war? <br> <br>P
count
Expert

Post by count »

Thank you. I did expect an intelligent response from you. I'm waiting to see who else weighs in. Hopefully, we will have some consensus on this!
count
Expert

Post by count »

You're right, of course. Let's stick to the subject and ignore the nonsense.
count
Expert

Post by count »

The Legend of the Lost Dutchman Mine was founded on "Secrets" and "Deception". <br> <br>The challange for the modern "Searcher" is to sift through the multitude of information for the potentially accurate information upon which to focus ones time, efforts, energy and finances. <br> <br>The beginning of that sifting process is the determination of the credibility of the individual presenting information. <br> <br>Obviously this Bulletin Board stands as a good example of how the legend evolved through Secrets, Deception, Jealousy and "Pissing Contests"! <br> <br>It underlines and highlights the old saying "Consider the source". If the source does not present himself (or his source) for the "Credibility" inspection <br>he should simply be ignored. <br> <br>It was the Greed of 20th Century searchers that led them down the trail of clues based on "Anonymous" or "Undisclosed" sources of information. They just HAD to check out every scrap of information available no matter how far fetched it may have been. <br> <br>The Mountains out there are BIG, The Canyons are Deep and the trails are long! The "Natural" elements of nature are powerfull and unforgiving. <br> <br>The "Human" elements of "Secrets", "Deception", & "Jealousy" <br>are even more dangerous than the Natural ones. <br> <br>The 21st Century Searcher will have to learn from the mistakes of the last Century Searcher and "Consider the source", or be Doomed to travel the long and well-beaten trail of Secrets & Deception. <br> <br>And... That is "My" opinion of ANYTHING or ANYONE "Anonymous". <br> <br>Take it for what it's worth. <br> <br>Jim Hatt
count
Expert

Post by count »

The Bottom Line is... <br> <br>Do your own Homework! <br>Form your own conclusions! <br>Cut your own Trail! <br> <br>And let the other guy do the same thing!
count
Expert

Post by count »

Nonsense? You mean like "Anonymous" postings that the Author is afraid of being held Accountable for? <br> <br>I AGREE with that!
count
Expert

Post by count »

Well, so much for civility.
count
Expert

Post by count »

D. Hunter, <br> <br> Thank you for your observations. While I hope to have meaningful conversations with others, and have read mostly that on this site, we somehow will have to overlook any undesirable name calling etc. I'm reluctant to ask my webmaster to be a censor. I would like a little more consensus on that specific point from you and the rest of the people who are genuinely interested in keeping a civil site. As Peter said we have had some good topics and discussions and we will try to keep it up.